2013 Mazda MAZDA5

8.3

Based on 27 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

THIS VAN DRIVES SO WELL - A PLEASURE NOT A CHORE!

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE, HANDLES LIKE OUR LEXUS - CAN YOU BE"

Cons: "WISH IT HAD BUILT IN NAVIGATION"

HUGE ROOM INSIDE W/ SEATS DOWN - THAT'S WHAT WE LOVE THE MOST!

"WE COMPLETELY LOVE OUR MAZDA 5 GRAND TOURING. IT WAS CHEAPER THAN THE OTHER MINIVANS THAT WE LOOKED AT W/ LEATHER."

HUGE ROOM INSIDE W/ SEATS DOWN - THAT'S WHAT WE LOVE THE MOST!

Love this car!

By on Friday, January 18, 2013

Pros: "roomy, great gas mileage"

Cons: "loud at times, fabric seats"

"I downsized to the Mazda 5 from a minivan and glad i did. Comparitively it gets much better gas mileage. It fits all of my children without too much complaints:) I wish i would have upgraded the fabric seats- with children they are hard to clean and soil easily. It can be loud when on the highway but we turn the radio on which cures the annoyance of the sound. It was a great price for this car that seats 6!"

Love It!!!

By on Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable and smooth driving"

Cons: "gas mileage..air does not blow out well"

"Very comfortable,drives awesome. The gas mileage is not great I get about 22mpg and the air does not blow out very good. overall I would recommend it to anybody!"

Exceeds My Expectations

By on Friday, August 10, 2012

Pros: "Agile, stylish family vehicle"

Cons: "No cover on centre console, steering wheel design"

"I know a lot of people who have this car and love it, so when I had a child and needed more space, it was a logical choice. Safety rating, value, and gas mileage were important considerations. Gas mileage isn't as good as the Honda Civic I was driving previously, but that's to be expected. This car makes great use of space, nothing is wasted. The rear-most seats are probably best for kids; my husband and I are both tall, and find the headroom great but leg room lacking back there. The rest of the seating is very roomy. I love that the second row of seats are buckets rather than bench. I drive a lot, and the built-in bluetooth is great for that. The sound system is good enough for me and the heated front seats are a nice touch. As for the exterior, the new Nagare styling is a definite improvement, and the sliding side doors are brilliant. My only gripes: 1) I'm not a fan of the steering wheel which forces my hands into the 2 and 10 position due to the lower crossbar. I can't drive with one hand on the bottom of the wheel which is my preference (not correct I know, but been driving like that for years) and 2) I wish the centre console storage had a lid instead of being completely open. I don't like seeing all the junk I store in there and would rather have the ability to cover it up. I would recommend getting the back windows tinted, which we did. I wish I had sprung for the roof rack."

Great car for $20k

By on Saturday, August 04, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive AND practical (who knew?)"

Cons: "Air conditioner not big enough for Texas"

"The only downside of the car is the A/C. Even with windows tinted as dark as the law allows, it takes a long time to cool down in Texas summers. Our 20' long Suburban easily cools in 1/3 of the time. That's a big let-down and I'll be hunting for some sort of band-aid to remedy it. Wifey spends her time tooling about the 'burbs with 4-yr old, 2-yr old, and 3-mo old kids. She was driving the Suburban (I'm in that now) and loves the Mazda's ease of parking, maneuvering, and ingress/egress for the kids. No worries of them falling on their heads from 4' up in the air like the Suburban. Two kids ride in the middle row with oldest in back. Half of rear seat is folded down for stroller. Groceries fit on the floor. It's no road machine for 5 w/ luggage, but that's why we have a Suburban. Around town, we only use the Mazda 5. And as a truck guy, I'll admit publicly it ACTUALLY IS FUN TO DRIVE."