2012 Mazda MAZDA5

8.2

Based on 35 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

MAZDA5 GT - GREAT FAMILY FRIENDLY HAULER!!!

By on Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pros: "FUNE TO DRIVE, SEATS 6, SLIDING DOORS, SAFE"

Cons: "NONE SO FAR"

"I have owned the Mazda5 Grand Touring for 10 months and it has grown on me. I have 3 kids and it is great for hauling a family of 5 around town. The sliding doors make it very easy to get the kids in and out, the gas mileage suits my budget and the zoom-zoom driving appeal keeps the Mazda5 from being anything but boring. The leather heated seats, rain sensing wipers and moonroof give me the same sporty options found on a more expensive vehicle at an even greater value. This Mazda is an overall winner and a very functional multi-purpose vehicle. I have not experienced any problems whatsoever and highly recommend the Mazda to those budget minded families, like mine, that need a larger vehicle without the large price tag."

Great car for $20k

By on Saturday, August 04, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive AND practical (who knew?)"

Cons: "Air conditioner not big enough for Texas"

"The only downside of the car is the A/C. Even with windows tinted as dark as the law allows, it takes a long time to cool down in Texas summers. Our 20' long Suburban easily cools in 1/3 of the time. That's a big let-down and I'll be hunting for some sort of band-aid to remedy it. Wifey spends her time tooling about the 'burbs with 4-yr old, 2-yr old, and 3-mo old kids. She was driving the Suburban (I'm in that now) and loves the Mazda's ease of parking, maneuvering, and ingress/egress for the kids. No worries of them falling on their heads from 4' up in the air like the Suburban. Two kids ride in the middle row with oldest in back. Half of rear seat is folded down for stroller. Groceries fit on the floor. It's no road machine for 5 w/ luggage, but that's why we have a Suburban. Around town, we only use the Mazda 5. And as a truck guy, I'll admit publicly it ACTUALLY IS FUN TO DRIVE."

Replaces Honda Odyssey at $10K Less

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, reasonable cost"

Cons: "Lacks power sliding doors."

"Excellent handling. More pep than Odyssey. Excellent gas mileage."

Good gas mileage (25.3 mpg) wind noise problem

By on Friday, November 01, 2013

Pros: "Good gas mileage"

Cons: "Wind noise"

"Ruined 2 tires at 23000 miles account front end was not in alignment when purchased new even thou I rotated tire every 7500 miles. Mazda dealership informed me warranty would not cover new tires or alignment; was done on my dime. Dealership informed me I should have rotated every 5000 miles even thou owner's manual states every 7500 miles. Serious wind noise at highway speeds. Serious lack of power when 6 adults are on board."

Best vehicle I ever owned!

By on Thursday, July 05, 2012

"I have always owned American cars but Consumer Reports Magazine highly rated the Mazda 5 so I test drove it. I fell in love with it instantly! It does not disappoint! Smooth ride, comfortable, lots of room, and good gas mileage for its class of car!"