2012 Mazda MAZDA5

8.2

Based on 34 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

2012 Mazda5 sport

By on Wednesday, April 25, 2012

"Just bought this vehicle new and have almost 500 miles. First the bad then the good. 1. the brakes grind a bit 2. needs more space in front to put personal things 3. no automatic head lights 4. no speakers in the middle area just the front and very rear Good 1. captain chairs 1st and 2nd row 2. cruise control and audio controls on wheel 3. sliding doors 4. easy to find parking spaces we are a family of 5 kids range 16 and under the 3rd row is comfortable for adult we are under 5'7. Bought it for $19999"

Excellant vehicle

By on Friday, March 25, 2011

"Purchased 2012 Masda Grand Touring 1st week of Feb.,2011. No problems so far, dealer would only discount $670 of MSRP; could use more horsepower; excellant vehicle to haul around 4 small grandkids."

Mazda5 - Solid family car option

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pros: "Excellent value for your money. fun to drive"

Cons: "front seats could be better"

"I have had the Mazda 5 for 4 months now and have put on 5000 miles and so far so good. First, my gripes. This car should get better gas mileage in this day in age. Slightly under powered when loaded up with the whole family and car top carrier. Stock tires are not that great, but have survived winter here in Wisconsin so far (is it over yet) We only have 2 children, if I had a third, which I will not, this car would not work. Now for the goods. Excellent handling for this type of car, actually fun to drive. Very versatile vehicle. Kid hauler, trips to the hardware store, moving furniture, etc. The GT model, which we bought has all the creature comforts, sans a rear camera and touch screen This is a niche vehicle and I knew this before purchasing. It is not for everyone but if you have only 2 kids to cart around, I think it is perfect. Roomy, decent on gas, fun to drive and versatile. Would I purchase this vehicle again, if the reliability holds true, heck yes!"

It meets my needs, for now

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

Pros: "love the rear sliding doors, drives nicely"

Cons: "no rear heat, no cargo space when all 6 seats used"

"I have 3 kids, 16, 13 and 2. The back row seating is difficult (but not impossible) for anyone older than 10 or so to get to. I'm 5'2", average sized, and it was not comfortable to get back there at all. Once I was back there it wasn't bad LOL! The cargo area when all seats are occupied is extremely small. We could not take anything more than overnight trips as a family; there's not enough room for suitcases and bags. Once you fold down the back seats, the cargo area is nice, though a little irritating if something slips between the bucket seats onto the floor. I do LOVE the sliding back doors. Makes getting the 2 year old in and out of the car much easier! The driver's seat is comfortable, but I personally don't like the headrest. I felt like it was pushing my head and neck into an unnatural and uncomfortable position. That problem solved by turning the headrest around. It looks silly, but it works. I don't care for the armrests in the front. They get in the way if you need access to drinks in the cup holders, so I never use my armrest. Add another adult to the front seat, and it's very awkward to get to your drinks. I'm not crazy about the center storage between the seats - it barely holds a couple CDs and a sewing kit. The radio and 6 disc CD changer are nice - the sound took some getting used to. I never really use the Bluetooth- usually I have the kids with me and don't really like them listening in on the conversations. I like that it gives me the estimated miles left before the gas tank is empty. The AC works nicely, as well as the heater. One of my biggest complaints with it is that there is NO rear heat. It has rear air, but not heat. It takes twice as long to warm up the back of the car, and by the time they get warm, who ever is in the front seat has started cooking. Very frustrating. I have the moonroof, but rarely use it. I had to replace the front tires before 20,000 miles, and the rear tires shortly after. Overall, I wish I had shopped around a little bit before we purchased this little car."

Very good car for the money

By on Saturday, June 22, 2013

"Been a good car overall. Great for two kids we did get the optional DVD system. Works well but obscures rear visibility when I'm use. Would recommend checking other aftermarket options. Ours is the 6 spd manual, makes the car feel much quicker and fun to drive, although we've had some issues with it. Dealership has already had to replace 1-2 nd gear synchro. Some concern there maybe ongoing issues hopefully Mazda will take care of us. Other than that I believe the poor snow performance is more a tire issue since the bridgestones that came on the car are awful tires replace ours after 30k because felt downright dangerous in the rain. Lots of tread left too. Great fun to drive family car. Just don't let my wife hear you call it a minivan! Oh yeah, get the windows tinted much better looking and cooler"