2010 Mazda MAZDA5

8.0

Based on 253 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Postives & Negatives

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"I went into the dealership to purchase a Tribute and walked out with the Mazda 5. I don't have kids but fell in love with the car and all the extra features you get for the money that the Tribute doesn't offer. The mini is very roomy for 4 and has great storage space in the back with the seats down. Love all the extras like the moon roof, controls for the radio on the steering wheel, 6 disc changer and safety features of anti lock brakes, front & side air bags. I've gotten a lot of compliments on the car and how unique it is. Great exterior features too! Looks very sporty. Only a few negatives: Major one is that there are no a/c vents in the back. Living in Florida this is a huge negative when you have people sitting in the back. Also, no armrest for the front passenger seat (of course thats the main passenger complaint) and last...the car has get up and go only when there are 2 people in the car. Once you get 4 adults or more, the car has trouble getting off to a quick start. I suggest a bigger engine on it since it is a heavier car than the Mazda 3 that has the same engine. If they can fix those 3 things I think the car would rate a 10. Currently I rate it an overall 8. Zoom Zoom."

Right For The Times

By on Saturday, November 29, 2008

"I have 30 months and over 100,000 miles in my 2006 Mazda5. I average 29mpg in decidedly heavy interstate driving but 27-28mpg average on the weekends chasing my 5 children around. I know of no other vehicle that carries 6 in relative comfort, gets exceptional mileage, and costs $20,000. Reliability is exceptional, maintenance reasonable (7500 mi between oil changes), and utility unparalleled. I bought the roof rack - which installs in 5 minutes - for $200 and a $600 Thule cargo box so I can carry all the kids and stuff my ex wife's $33,000 Tahoe can at twice the MPG. I call that a deal."

Great car

By on Friday, April 11, 2008

"Owned it for almost 2 years, 36,000 miles Good: great MPG, fun to drive, los of room with seats down, good looks, comfortable Bad: tire wore out @30,000 miles, sun visors too short, no passenger arm rest, rear cargo light useless, no rear air The good far out-wieghs the bad, I am actually being somewhat not-picky about the bad stuff. The 2008 model corrects the arm rest and A/C issue."

Sport Wagon

By on Saturday, October 06, 2007

"I was looking for a sport utility vehicle that had more 'sport' while not sacrificing the 'utility'. And a manual transmission was a mandatory feature. This left me with very few choices. Even though Mazda doesn't aknolwedge this cars existance, I remembered seeing one. So after test driving a Sport and a Touring, I chose the Touring. It's not a luxury car, it's a well designed, great handling economy car. But it's not a car (or a minivan). It's a tall wagon. Other companies would have placed buldging fender flares and psuedo skid plates and made it a Soft-Roader (a fake SUV). But that's exactly what I didn't want. I wanted something with good utility, that was fun to drive (on the road) and that looked stylish. The Mazda5 delivers this and more. Mazda should advertise this car and maybe people will learn that someone does make a sporty vehicle that does not sacrifice the utility."

Versatile

By on Sunday, September 02, 2007

"I have put over 50,000 miles in 2 years. I am 6'2 and weigh too much. The car is very comfortable. I have driven a few 12 hour trips in comfort. Very easy to get in and out. Gas mileage depends on your driving style. I can get anywhere from 24 to 30 M.P.G. (U.S.) Air Conditioner works very well even on 100 degree days. I have had the windows tinted, which made a very big difference. I also have the Navigation System. This is my first time buying the Nav System, but I will never get a car without one now!"