2009 Mazda MAZDA5

8.0

Based on 249 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Postives & Negatives

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"I went into the dealership to purchase a Tribute and walked out with the Mazda 5. I don't have kids but fell in love with the car and all the extra features you get for the money that the Tribute doesn't offer. The mini is very roomy for 4 and has great storage space in the back with the seats down. Love all the extras like the moon roof, controls for the radio on the steering wheel, 6 disc changer and safety features of anti lock brakes, front & side air bags. I've gotten a lot of compliments on the car and how unique it is. Great exterior features too! Looks very sporty. Only a few negatives: Major one is that there are no a/c vents in the back. Living in Florida this is a huge negative when you have people sitting in the back. Also, no armrest for the front passenger seat (of course thats the main passenger complaint) and last...the car has get up and go only when there are 2 people in the car. Once you get 4 adults or more, the car has trouble getting off to a quick start. I suggest a bigger engine on it since it is a heavier car than the Mazda 3 that has the same engine. If they can fix those 3 things I think the car would rate a 10. Currently I rate it an overall 8. Zoom Zoom."

Great car for the money!

By on Friday, August 03, 2007

"I have owned this car for over 1-1/2 years. I have driven over 42,000 miles with no problems. The main weakness of the car is the power. I would definitely like to have a more powerful engine. With that being said, the car handles great! It understears a bit. My 5 has an auto transmission, though I usually use the manual shift option, the car will get 26+ mpg if you drive it easy. The interior fit and finish is great, much better than I would expect for a car at this price, about as good as a Honda Accord. The third row is reserved for young children, maybe 10 and under. When you use the third row for passengers there is virtually no place to store anything. It is a comfortable car for 4. With the seats folded in the rear you can fit more cargo than most people would believe. If you have kids this is a great car to cart them around and it won't break the bank. I use mine for work, the storage space is great! I would recommend this car to anyone of my friends."

Rental

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"I was given this car as a rental when my VW Jetta went into the body shop for repaires. This is a very nice van/minivan however I would call it a minivan/ suv/sation wagon. It is very comfortable. This is a larger automobile then I personally need (me, myhusband and our 2 dogs) but it is a great car. It doesn't have a lot of power, however it does not lagg at all when using the A/C so that is nice. It may not be as quick as my turbo but what do you want out of a van?"

Nice little van

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"I really like this van. It is definitely a good deal for the price - has all the amenities of other vehicles - 6 disk CD changer, nice styling. The only issue I have is that there is no armrest on the front passenger seat and it could use a bit more power. Maybe 6 cylinders next time around?"

GOOD BUY BUT LACKING POWER

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"Black interior is hard to keep clean. Needs more power , when loaded barely can get out of its own way .Factory toyo tires are great on dry pavement but are horrible in the winter or wet roadways. For the price it is a good deal where else can you get a six seater for under $20,000 ?"