2009 Mazda MAZDA5

8.0

Based on 236 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

love Love LOVE this car!

By on Friday, May 03, 2013

Pros: "Great Value; Roomy; Fun Drive;Terrific Gas Mileage"

Cons: "Rear should also heat, not just a/c."

"Car has been in two accidents and had things replaced like shocks, bearings, and engine mounts but overall I still Love this car (bought new in 2009). I am a "voluptuous" woman and do not feel 'cramped' in the car. The versatility of having three rows of seating is wonderful. They fold flat when needed which turns my car into a bit of truck for hauling mulch and bicycles. I get about 330 miles to a tank with a mixture of city & highway driving. Draw backs are rear vent system only does A/C and not heat. Seems to go through tires quickly."

Love it!

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Comfy! Great with gas!"

Cons: "a little more room for 3rd row legs lots to clean"

"Great car! Very convenient! Has no astray or lighter but I like that!"

Not really satisfied with this vehicle.

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Looks good, price is fair."

Cons: "Uncomfortable, blinds spots, small gas tank."

"Here are the reason I'm not satisfied with this vehicle. 1-Blind spots. I've never had a vehicle with so many blind spots. 2- Cockpit is designed for a small person not an average person. 3-Middle row has no cup holder. Come on, we are in the 21st Century. This model has been out since 2006 so you would think they could have improved this situation. I have yet to back up straight, as all other cars I have driven (24) you follow the body line and you back up straight, not this vehicle. Mileage is not so good, not as advertised, highway or city driving."

I feel smart when I drive mine

By on Friday, January 11, 2013

Pros: "stickshift, value, versatility, cost of ownership"

Cons: "The carpet could be more durable"

"I bought my 06 Mazda5 Sport new in 2006. I had looked at the 5 for some time before making the purchase and tested it against the sportier Mazda3 hatchback. I purchased the 5 primarily because of it's incredible value....the features available for such a low price was so impressive. I have only had one unscheduled service stop when the air conditioning compressor failed prematurely at approximately 27000 miles. The wait for a replacement was inordinately long but it has worked perfectly since....blasting cold air on the hottest summer day in Buffalo. The fix was graciously covered under warranty. Since the ac fix, I have had only one unscheduled repair stop on my 5-speed manual equipped Mazda5. I have replaced the tires at least four times (value tip: ask for all-season tires....they cost far less than the standard sport tires) although the handling does suffer a little bit. I replaced the rear shocks around the 120000 mile mark. I replaced the brake pads only once around 80000 miles. I have had zero problems otherwise. I like the utility and versatility of the Mazda5. I have hauled large pieces of furniture with ease....I even hauled a full-size refrigerator from Buffalo to Toronto last year. I seldom have more than four people in my vehicle so the back seats spend most of their time folded flat. The cargo shield behind the third row seats is brilliant and makes hauling delicate items very worry-free. I am also still impressed with my vehicle's road manners. The car handles better than most sedans and even some sporty cars. The driving position is commanding, the manual seat adjusters are intuitive to use and the instrument panel is very well laid out and distraction-free. The only gripe I have is that the instrument panel lighting is less than adequate. I have friends who have traveled throughout Europe and enjoy renting sporty cars that we can't get here. They always comment on how beautifully the 5 drives and handles and the 5-speed manual makes it even more engaging. I had one accident and one collision since 2006. I was struck from behind in a severe collision that did about $4000 damage to the back of my vehicle. The structural integrity held up beautifully despite the amount of damage. The car is still squeak and rattle free after 140000 miles (I wish I could say the same about my back.) I also had to replace the windshield three times. I once replaced the windshield due to my hitting a large piece of steel diamond plate that fell off a truck driving ahead of me in 4-lane, busy 75mph+ traffic (QEW in Toronto) I mention this because had I not been able to manoeuver as well the diamond plate would have gone through the windshield. I did hit the metal but it only tore the front bumper cover in half, smashed the grille, the plastic engine shroud and the radiator. The repairs were another $1700 but the car still drives like NEW! I currently have over 141,000 miles on my Mazda5. I paid it off over two years ago and I look forward to many more miles in what is unquestionably the best of 20+ cars I have owned over almost 30 years.....that list includes BMW, Honda, Mazda, Ford and Merkur(don't ask.) I feel intelligent everytime I drive! Oh, I forgot to mention that the fuel efficiency has been great, average of about 25mpg. Oh, and the turning circle is the smallest of any vehicle I have ever driven. Oh, and the car has maintained it's like new appearance and luster despite it's age. I could go on and on and on....."

One heck of a high mileage vehicle!

By on Thursday, December 13, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, fun to drive, dependable"

Cons: "Rough running tires, needs daytime lights"

"You may not believe this, but I'm getting ready to purchase my company vehicle that I've driven over 293,000 miles in four years since I received it as new. Other than the headlights burning out frequently, the power steering assist pump replaced under warranty, the a/c compressor replaced at 110,000 and routine maintenance it's been a great vehicle. As you can imagine, I was driving about 1,400 miles a week with mostly highway miles on cruise control. It averaged 27 mpg, with occasionally getting 30 mpg. Mazda should change the lower profile tires for more comfortable tires."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25