2007 Mazda MAZDA5

7.9

Based on 259 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Previous | 1 ... 9 10 11 | Next

jam-packed versatility

By on Friday, December 25, 2009

"After owning the heavier gas-guzzling MPV, we bought the 07 GT manual 5speed new. Its basically a large car designed primarily to move people and/or cargo over short urban distances; it does it well and then some. I'm 5'10 170 lb. When I first got behind the wheel I thought it was too small but after tweaking seat position I got used to it. Leg room may be limited with adults in all 3 rows. It's our only family car. Our 3rd child sits in 3rd row, we keep the other half of back row folded down so double stroller fits on there. Cargo space is limited with seats up but more than enough when seats are folded down. We tow a 2000lb caravan with it over all terrain in snow. factory tires are not great but ok. Engine lacks torque and gears must be used fully. Braking is excellent. ABS seems to work well. Front pillars can create an annoying forward blind spot. Fuel economy is still disappointing for a smaller DOHC engine. Air conditioning isnt as cold as other vehicles. Rain sensing wipers dont always work well, can be sporadic. Have found the paintwork can scratch easily. We do like the sliding doors, power mirrors, lighted ignition key hole, steering wheel audio controls, agile handling and multiple air bags. For the money it's great value. Sporty/stylish, practical and versatile for any demographic."

Mazda 5

By on Monday, December 21, 2009

"I really enjoy this car. Perfect if you have 2 kids and need extra room for additional passengers from time to time. Love the manual transmission although the car is a bit light for the amount of power it has. Tends to slide on ice/snow, especially with the factory tires."

nice driving but bad gas milage

By on Tuesday, December 15, 2009

"fun to drive, horrible has milage (20 mpg). Loud interior noise. Bad traction in snow. Comfortable? yes. 3rd raw seats is useless."

good so far

By on Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"compulsive buy was just looking!!! But over all I like. Easy to get in and out of.24mpg in town 30mpg hwy. Styling is pretty cool.All though the check engine light is staying on. Other than getting burnt on the price I am liking this little van"

Super versatile vehicle!

By on Monday, September 14, 2009

"This is a wonderful option for both families and young couples. It fits really a lot of cargo, while sitting 4 passengers. We bought our 6' christmas tree last year and took it home inside the car. Engine is very powerful and the car is very easy to handle and very responsive."

Great little van

By on Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"I traded in my clunker and am very happy with this car. Handling is nimble and feels very responsive. I like the visibility, the ease of getting in and out with the sliding doors. The seat is very comfortable, lots of adjustments possible. It doesn't seem noisy except on certain road surfaces. I'm having fun with it so far. My daughter likes the seats in back too and she is tall."

By on Tuesday, July 28, 2009

love this car

By on Friday, May 8, 2009

"this is the best car ever. It's great and convient foer moms and dads. fits alot, lots of storage, smooth ride, great turning radius, overall awesome vehicle."

By on Monday, April 6, 2009

By on Friday, March 27, 2009

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Great veh

By on Friday, February 6, 2009

"I love my Mazda5, have had it since 2006. Only problem is it's not good in snow. Otherwise perfect. No mechanical problems and I'm at 40000 miles."

Replace Tires for Snow!

By on Monday, February 2, 2009

"Had long considered this car but bought a Honda Fit for better mileage. Did have it as a rental car this year (Jan '09) leaving from Denver to Vail for skiing. Standard low profile all-weather tires coupled with no traction control mean no grip. Having been renting cars of all sorts for years on this same route and never had a problem. When I say no traction I mean that you are afraid to stop in a plowed parking lot because you may not be able to move. I'm not talking that it can't overcome a few inches of snow, I'm talking an inch of snow over typical glazed asphalt common in snow country. I expect that replacement 15" wheels with real snow tires would solve most of the problem. Apart from this the car handled the mountain passes on I-70 and was a quiet pleasant drive."

Love the 2008 Mazda5!

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"I've had my '08 Grand Touring Mazda5 10 months now and have put 14K miles on it. My 4 kids are teens and older now, so I didn't necessarily need the room for them, but wanted to be able to tote *my* friends around. So I don't need 6 seats all the time, and usually keep the 3rd row folded down. I was used to driving a V6, so was concerned about not having enough power, but there is plenty of ZoomZoom in this vehicle. I am an aggressive driver who likes to go fast, FAST, and am usually passing someone. No problems doing that in my Mazda5. There are only a few minor things I would change, but they aren't enough to keep me from recommending this vehicle to you. The 5 isn't the quietest car out there... but I usually have the radio on loud enough that it isn't a problem. And you can easily talk over the noise. The ride isn't completely smooth, but not rough enough to cause problems (and with fibromyalgia, a too-rough-ride can definitely cause problems.) The driver seat is power-controlled and the doors don't automatically lock. Like I said, no big deal in the overall picture. The seats are comfortable enough for 6 adults for short (less than 2 hour) trips and for 4 adults on longer trips. One of my friends has mobility issues and it is difficult for her to get into or out of most vehicles because the seats are too low or too high. She has told me that the Mazda5 is the PERFECT seat height for people with her type problems. I recently borrowed an '08 Mazda6 for a weekend, while my 5 was in the shop (getting minor issues with the Nav/DVD system repaired). I hated it! Felt cramped and kept hitting my head on the doorframe (I'm only 5'6). Getting back in my "micro"van was so nice, with all the feeling of space it has. It certainly doesn't feel "micro" on the inside!"

By on Saturday, January 3, 2009

By on Thursday, December 18, 2008

"We have loved our Mazda5 ever since we got it. It is extremely versatile because you can lay all the seats down to transport things. I have to admit that there is not much cargo space if all the seats are filled but for the gas mileage and the number of seats it is well worth it."

Good multi-purpose vehicle

By on Monday, November 3, 2008

"The only drawbacks with this vehicle are the low ground clearance and lack of power for climbing hills/merging with full car. Otherwise it gets about 23mpg on mixed driving and can get a family of 6(small kids preferably for back seats) from point a to b economically."

A Hidden Value

By on Saturday, September 27, 2008

"28-29 mixed drive mpg. Useful space and seating layout. Peppy engine, fun 5-speed, handles better than anything for the price and even a little beyond."

surprised car

By on Monday, August 25, 2008

"I bought 2006 used one on 44500 miles. drove 900 miles on highway in two days just after purchase. MPG is GREAT (30 miles per gallon !!!). Very comfort even long distance trip to driver and passengers. enough power & very fast on highway (Actually I worried about the 2,3 liter power on the basis of the editor's review before purchase, they say, 'not enough reserve power, or passing power', BUT after driving, that worry gone out away!!!) smoth transmission(Automatic), pretty quiet engine. impressive big inside space. easy sunroof control, good visibility, I hope in town's MPG would be over 25 !, I recommend this car to everyone who concerns MPG and comfort trip on."

GREAT for 3 dogs and a baby!

By on Monday, August 4, 2008

"We have 3 dogs, 2 pit bulls and a great dane. We also have a baby on the way. We have been searching for a vehicle which could hold all of these, as we were stuck with a chevy s10 and a neon. We didn't want a typical minivan, both for appearance and gas mileage, yet we didn't want a gas-guzzling suv either. So, we went to the local pet store for some feeder mice for our snake.. and 3 hours later we had purchased this car (Grand Touring trim) from the tent sale in the parking lot! It is so perfect, and I love that it's a minivan with the attitude of a sports car. I obviously don't expect the get-up-and-go of a small car, but this car does have kick to it, and I love the "man-a-matic" shifting!"

Love it!

By on Tuesday, July 8, 2008

"Great vehicle for a family of 3 or 4. Although only a 4 cylinder, still has the "zoom-zoom" feel! Great look and sliding doors are wonderful. Better gas mileage than SUV and most minivans. We're averaging about 22 city driving and our previous mini-van was only giving about 16-17. Would recomend this vehicle!!! :) Would like to have vents in the second row for heating and cooling."

needs tweeking

By on Monday, July 7, 2008

"It has good seating, and that is the only thing really great about this vehicle. It's interior is ok, but not very comfortable. The back part of the vehicle has very poor climate control, and no vents, which makes rear passegers miserable in the summer. The dash board and it's components scratch and scar easily, and can't be repaired. It's gas mileage is only average and could use some improvement. Overall, if I had it to do over, I would have kept my gas guzzling vehicle and passed on this waste of money!"

By on Saturday, June 14, 2008

WONDERFUL!!!

By on Thursday, June 5, 2008

"Love the not-so minivan look, Sporty yet family type car. Very fun to drive. Very roomy. Folding 3rd row seats are very handy. Great gas mileage for it's type. I just love this vehicle and would recomend to anybody."

Great Family Vehicle for the money

By on Monday, June 2, 2008

"Very roomy, three rows of seats lots of room with rear 2 folded, reasonable fuel economy. very comfortable to ride in and drive."

Previous | 1 ... 9 10 11 | Next