2007 Mazda MAZDA5

8.0

Based on 249 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

One heck of a high mileage vehicle!

By on Thursday, December 13, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, fun to drive, dependable"

Cons: "Rough running tires, needs daytime lights"

"You may not believe this, but I'm getting ready to purchase my company vehicle that I've driven over 293,000 miles in four years since I received it as new. Other than the headlights burning out frequently, the power steering assist pump replaced under warranty, the a/c compressor replaced at 110,000 and routine maintenance it's been a great vehicle. As you can imagine, I was driving about 1,400 miles a week with mostly highway miles on cruise control. It averaged 27 mpg, with occasionally getting 30 mpg. Mazda should change the lower profile tires for more comfortable tires."

Awesome!

By on Friday, February 01, 2008

"Pros: looks sporty hot, car handles great, smooth rides, turns are better than anyother minivvan, you will not feel the tilt, comfortable seats that can adjust to have a wide open front view. Cons: if you live in the upper states, during the winter time the shocks and struts are very stiff you can hear squeaks on every bump in the road, breaks squeaks when you reverse your car. took to dealer cannot find anything, only happens in the winter time"

Postives & Negatives

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"I went into the dealership to purchase a Tribute and walked out with the Mazda 5. I don't have kids but fell in love with the car and all the extra features you get for the money that the Tribute doesn't offer. The mini is very roomy for 4 and has great storage space in the back with the seats down. Love all the extras like the moon roof, controls for the radio on the steering wheel, 6 disc changer and safety features of anti lock brakes, front & side air bags. I've gotten a lot of compliments on the car and how unique it is. Great exterior features too! Looks very sporty. Only a few negatives: Major one is that there are no a/c vents in the back. Living in Florida this is a huge negative when you have people sitting in the back. Also, no armrest for the front passenger seat (of course thats the main passenger complaint) and last...the car has get up and go only when there are 2 people in the car. Once you get 4 adults or more, the car has trouble getting off to a quick start. I suggest a bigger engine on it since it is a heavier car than the Mazda 3 that has the same engine. If they can fix those 3 things I think the car would rate a 10. Currently I rate it an overall 8. Zoom Zoom."

Right For The Times

By on Saturday, November 29, 2008

"I have 30 months and over 100,000 miles in my 2006 Mazda5. I average 29mpg in decidedly heavy interstate driving but 27-28mpg average on the weekends chasing my 5 children around. I know of no other vehicle that carries 6 in relative comfort, gets exceptional mileage, and costs $20,000. Reliability is exceptional, maintenance reasonable (7500 mi between oil changes), and utility unparalleled. I bought the roof rack - which installs in 5 minutes - for $200 and a $600 Thule cargo box so I can carry all the kids and stuff my ex wife's $33,000 Tahoe can at twice the MPG. I call that a deal."

Great car

By on Friday, April 11, 2008

"Owned it for almost 2 years, 36,000 miles Good: great MPG, fun to drive, los of room with seats down, good looks, comfortable Bad: tire wore out @30,000 miles, sun visors too short, no passenger arm rest, rear cargo light useless, no rear air The good far out-wieghs the bad, I am actually being somewhat not-picky about the bad stuff. The 2008 model corrects the arm rest and A/C issue."