2007 Mazda MAZDA5

8.0

Based on 253 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

My opinion

By on Sunday, January 31, 2010

"This vehicle has been with me since Feb 2008. I have 56000 miles on it. I am 6'1" tall. The Pro's: I have enough space to take my family of 4 on long road trips. Towed a uhaul trailer through the mountains in VA. Had to drop it down to 3rd gear and slow down a bit. But she made it through and the transmission is fine. Lots of space when the seat are all folded down. Fit a washer into the back seat while it was still in the box. (It was a tight fit but it made it) The Cons: The tires and rims on this car make for good maneuvering but fail when it comes to comfortable ride and wear/tear. I am on the 4th set. Hit one pot hole (a big one) ruptured the tire and bent the rim. Cost around $400 to repair rim and get the new tire put on. I am kind of tall so I do not fit in the car's passenger seat when slouching down to try to sleep on a long drive."

Perfect for us

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"We just moved back to the states and were looking for a vehicle. My sister has an Element and I liked that. We also liked the Odesseys in Japan. We shopped for a while and happened to pass by a Mazda 5 at the dealership while looking at an MPV. Love at first site. We loved the sleek styling. It's almost not a van but not quite a wagon. We call it a Vagon. Anyway. Then we found it it comes in a stick. YES! We both love driving a standard and none of the other vehicles we were looking at had the option. We test drove it and liked everything about it. The inside was very modern looking and the interior was comfortable and seemed like it would withstand the challenges my 2 children would throw at it. Then there is another rows of seats. Perfect. When we are visiting family and need to fit more people in to car pool. POP! More seats. The only complaint I had about it was the placement of the cargo light, which is no big deal. Long story short, bought the car and have absolutley no complaints. We actually had random people come ask us what it was and how we liked it. We drive quite abit cross country and it holds me, wife, 2 kids, 2 poodles, and our luggage all inside. This vehicle is not for everybody but I highly recommend it to smaller families. Not to big. Not to small. Just right."

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2008

"I love this car, for the price and mileage its perfect! There are some downfalls though. No arm rest on passenger seat, it vibrates alot, during the winter and when it rains-it squeaks some, mainly when in reverse. I bought this new in late 2006 and its still a great car. Nothing major wrong with the car-the biggest annoyance is having a new car that squeaks! Also, If we put the windows down-we have to put each window at a certain position or it will vibrate your ears and let me tell you, it hurts! The good out weighs the bad though and we are pretty happy!"

small but satisfing

By on Saturday, February 02, 2008

"this is a young persons van, very fast, very stylish, and a great way to hull a small group to any party in town."

By on Monday, January 28, 2008

"great car when you have kids. Plenty room inside especially when you have a lot of car seats. Kids love to be able to walk around inside the car. Side doors make it easier to take a baby car seat out without hitting the car parked next to you. Great car, very functionable for the young family."

Zoom-Zoom

By on Thursday, November 29, 2007

"When I was younger all I drove were sport cars. I had MGA, Jaq XKE, etc. Then I got married and started having children and my husband bought me a Ford Fairlane. I hated that car. It was an aircraft carrier and waddled like a pregnant elephant. Finally I was able to buy a Volvo stationwaagon and loved it, but until I bought my Mazda5 I had no love or feelings for a car. This car gave me back the fun of driving with the extra space needed for kids and stuff. This car has pick-up and passing speed, handles like a sports car and stops on a dime. Forgt American cars. I tried Dodge and Plymouth and they weren't worth a dime.] I highly recommend a Mazda for fun and spirit. Now I am stuck on Mazda."

good for the short commuter withkids

By on Saturday, November 24, 2007

"i bought this vehicle after my wife had our third child. i really felt i needed something with more room, but wanted something i wasn't embarrassed to drive. this was definitely the vehicle for that. i liked the look and performance wasn't bad for a mini-van type vehicle. the only bad thing was the gas mileage! i began traveling about twice the distance that i had been when i purchased it. i am only getting about 22 mpg and it's killing me with amount of traveling i do. if you are only driving the kids around town and taking the occassional long trip, this vehicle is for you! if you plan to drive more than 20 miles a day..,...consider the honda fit. that's what i'm trading in for."

By on Sunday, September 02, 2007

"This minivan handles excellent and I love the brakes. The seats are somewhat uncomfortable for long driving and it is very loud inside which I think is the downfall of this vehicle unless Mazda re-designs the interior. It has a small tank which makes me fill it up in every 5 days just driving about 35 to 40 miles a day. Overall though, it is a nice vehicle for a small family."

Great for families with small kids!

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, versatile, value"

Cons: "Could use more power, but fun to drive anyway"

"This has been a great car for our family. We bought a 1 year old used Mazda5. It was a great buy at a great price, very low miles, and fit our family perfectly (we had 4 small kids ages 5, 4, & 2 year old twins at the time). The kids are older now, and we've pretty much out grown the vehicle. But all though we now have a full-size minivan and an SUV, we still have a special place in our hearts for this vehicle, and can't bear to part with it. It gets great gas mileage and is fun to drive. It's been a great car, served our family well, and we simply love it!"

Good and Reliable

By on Thursday, February 02, 2012

Pros: "Affordable, good gas mileage, reliable"

Cons: "Wimpy air, loud, cramped 3rd row"

"This car is all about the practical. Gas mileage is fabulous-better than most sedans. We have had no maintenance issues whatsoever. It is small, so you have to plan accordingly and the 3rd row is getting to be too cramped for our teens. It is not going to win any drag races, but no one buys a minivan to race anyway! The aerodynamics are great and help keep our gas bills low, but the car is unbearably noisy (almost deafening) when the backseat windows are open and you are going over 45 mph. The air conditioning (no rear air on our model) is wimpy and does not keep the backseat really cool (thus the windows), but overall, I cannot complain. This is a very affordable alternative to a big "mini" van or SUV."

Great Car for the Money!

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "cheap, reliable, good fuel economy"

Cons: "weak powertrain when fully loaded..."

"would recommend to a friend, and have... my buddy bought one recently! pros: love the sliding rear doors, and the storage capacity with all four back seats down (I'm a musician and have to haul lots of gear) Easily as much storage as a mid-size SUV. Drives more like a car than a van, which is a plus in my book... good fuel economy. 3rd row seats a plus for small kids, but not adults cons: Weak powertrain when loaded down (not usually a problem, I'm not a race car driver) interior trimmings are a little bit daintier than I'd like. Rear carpet and backs of seats would tear easily while loading and unloading stuff, if I didn't keep carpet over them Great value... the cons aren't really cons when you consider price and reliability history"

Great wagon for 6 people!

By on Sunday, December 04, 2011

Pros: "Affordable, large enough for family friends."

Cons: "No front passenger inside armrest."

"We've owned this car for 4 years and have been very happy with it. It's reliable, drives well and accommodates our family plus friends. Great vehicle for families. Overall it drives great and rides well. The few criticisms we have it that front passenger doesn't have two armrests and it has some wind noise at highway speeds. Overall we're very happy with this vehicle and plan to continue to drive it for a while!"

2010 Mazda5

By on Monday, March 21, 2011

"The good: Great vehicle for the money that has seats for six. Flexible seating and cargo arrangement. Good handling. Good fuel economy. I consistently able to get around 27 MPG. The bad: Annoying automatic climate control. I would rather disable the "Auto" bottom and control the temperature and fan speed manually. I got intermittent error with the Radio/CD player. The "map" pocket on the doors does not hold maps very well. The door lock for the sliding doors could freeze and the door may not close in cold outside temperature."

Ready to Get rid of This car

By on Saturday, December 04, 2010

"Well I chose this car because a mini van was too big. Well in the 4 years I had this car my kids grew. It is too small now. Drags when you have 6 passengers. I have had an under carriage repair done 4 times, and it just broke again. I was told by the dealer when I went in after 1 year that my tires were bald. VERY expensive tires! Low profile. I bought new ones with a 60000 mile warranty. I am at 57K and i have put 13 tires on this car. Many went bald and some were popped. I have never had this experience with any other car. The car looks cool and has tons of cargo with out passengers. But repairs are killing me! No passenger arm rest and the seats are hard. You kid will burn up in the summer if they sit in the 3rd row. I like the sliding doors."

Great alternative to minivan

By on Monday, May 10, 2010

"I loved my Toyota minivan and was sad that my wife didn't want to drive such a large vehicle any longer. We wanted something with fuel economy, comfort, and most importantly those sliding rear doors! Kids have a tendency to swing sedan doors open in parking lots causing damage to both parked cars. They are convenient in tight spots to slide open. We opted for the grand touring edition with navigation and after driving for a year, I'm pleasantly surprised at how well this vehicle fits in our daily lives. It's comfortable, has most of the amenities we wanted and has been decent on the wallet for gas. We have traveled with four adults and two kids(both under 7yrs) and it held up pretty well. The rear storage is all we need when the third row is down, but there is virtually NO storage to speak of when all three rows are up. We got a roof storage box to handle the outings when the car is full of occupants. The engine is a little small which is noticeable when carrying four adults with kids, but it will get you there. The engine runs well, but highway noise is louder than my old Sienna. It's fun to drive, a little sporty (somewhat) and handles very well. Overall, it's a great mini-mini van. Mazda has done a nice job designing for young families in mind."

good experience

By on Monday, February 01, 2010

"I've driven this vehicle hard now for 2.5 yrs, and have done nothing to it other than change the oil and new tires. No other problems. I have put over 50k miles on this Mazda in 2.5 yrs. I use it for my business vehicle primarily, but great for kid hauling. Also great to throw golf clubs in back, luggage, etc. Recently took on a 2k roadtrip to Florida and back with the family. It was great. Comfortable, and easy to drive. I'm 6', 210lbs. This car is not for larger families, or people wanting a powerful luxury cruiser. Its just a basic, functional car with some style, uniqueness, and deff. utility for little money."

Mazda 5 zoom zoom

By on Monday, July 27, 2009

"I went from a full size Mommy minivan to the sporty Mazda 5. I get compliments everywhere I go. My only complaint is the tire wear. I'm on my 2nd set of tires at 65k miles and will soon need the 3rd. I take my Mazda in for service at regular intervals."

Excellent choice

By on Wednesday, June 03, 2009

"Switched from a Ford Windstar that had tons of room but larger than needed and a Ford Explorer that was bulky, clunky, and drove horribly. Overall, we love the 5, we got the 08 GT since for the money why not get all the features! WHAT WE LOVE: 1. amazing space in a small package, 2. drives nimbly, 3. good gas mileage, 3. stylish, 4. 10 and 12 year old kids love it, 5. sliding passenger doors, 6. third row seat works fine for a couple extra kids. WHAT WE DON'T LIKE: 1. front seats are too short (this is our BIGGEST gripe) and don't offer enough thigh support. I am average size at 5ft10.5 185 lbs and it is just not comfortable on long drives. PLEASE MAZDA, PUT SOME BETTER FRONT SEATS IN, EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO STRETCH THE CAR A COUPLE OF INCHES. 2. gas and brake pedals are much too close to each other, 3. brakes are WAY TOO SENSITIVE, 4. wind and road noise is pronounced, just not enough insulation and the low profile tires probably don't help. As a Boston driver, we bought four winter tires and were very glad we did that, since the stock tires are not good in snow/ice. To sum up, an unbeatable value for a stylish, sporty car!! We are 15k miles in and loving it, despite the front seats!"

4th Mazda, 1st Minivan

By on Thursday, May 14, 2009

"I've had the Mazda 5 for about a year now. This is my 4th Mazda and I can't rave enough about the brand. It drives very much like a Mazda 3 (that it is based on). My only complaints: Wind noise - which I also had with my 3; it is a pretty bumpy ride for those not in the driver's seat; despite claims of a 3rd row seat - it isn't. You can either haul stuff, or you can uncomfortably haul 6 people. You can't do both. For my needs, as a 1st time mom of a 2 year old, I LOVE it. However, anymore than 2 kids and I will have to consider a larger vehicle."

Proof of intelligent life on Earth

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"The 5 is THE best vehicle sold in America. Mine is 13 months old with 14K miles on it and is the Touring version in Sunlight Silver. I get 34 mpg with the cruise set on the highway and 26 mixed. Everyone who rides in it is impressed with how quiet and smooth it is. Have had 4 men and all the clubs in it for long golf excursions with zero complaints from the passengers. In fact they want to take it instead of their Odyssey minivan due to the gas mileage. Only issue is the low slung hood is a rock chip magnet. LOVE THIS CAR!! And it goes good in the snows of Iowa, too."

Replace the tires!

By on Friday, April 03, 2009

"We have two kids so we needed a bigger car, in our price range we found this car to be the best option - the sliding doors are a God send. Also it looks really great, hey, I cant be seen driving a mini van! So this was the perfect solution. Yes the heating/ cooling is not great, sure there is no arm rest for the passenger (06 model) but these are minor qualms. Road noise was a big concern for us, also we had an issue where if the windows were down the car filled with unbearable noise which made our ears pop like taking off in a plane. The car had terrible handling in winter, just couldnt handle the snow. Replacing the tires with all season tires fixed both the handling and the noise issues. The wife and I love this car - so spacious and roomy, plenty of space in the trunk when the back row seats are down. I moved house recently and was able to fold down all the rear seating and carried LOADS of stuff, including a big arm chair! I intend to keep this car as long as possible, I wonder if it will still be good with three young kids? I feel i still have not maxed out its potential...."

My Love

By on Thursday, March 05, 2009

"This was my first car ever. I convinced my father to get this mazda5, simply because i was in love with it the moment i saw it. it's very cute, very sporty, but the van i wanted. Its the perfect size, for its small, but spacious inside. I easily fit all my friends in it, and we all love my car. It has its flaws, like heating/air conditioning is only in the front and in the winter it could drive a tad better, but overall I truly love my car."

charming little bugger

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"Bought the car at end of September, got a great deal and financed through Mazda...handles very soundly and with the Manual stick, has good pickup and good mileage, averaging 24 to 25 mpg mixed driving and I tend to have a heavy foot. Great versatility with seats up or down...can get things home from Home Depot easily...everyone who gets in my Mazda falls in love with it...btw, no squeaks or rattles, put together very nicely."

so far, so good

By on Monday, August 18, 2008

"I've owned for one year (2007 Sport model) and have had 0 problems so far. I've put over 20k on it. Needs a set of tires now, but other than that, just routine oil changes. Love the flexible interior configs. Space when you need it. Even my son's teen friends think its cool! Getting around 23mpg. Easy to drive and manuever. Other reviewers complaints about the lack of air in the back are valid, but I drive alone alot, so don't care. Vehicle not great in wet/snow conditions, but not the worst either. Its an easy car to live with, drive and afford. Small on the outside, big on the inside. 2nd row has lots of legroom, 3rd row only good for small kids. I was able to fit 4 adults, and 4 kids in it recently for a short drive. (Obviously not all had a seatbelt, but I was shocked I could transport that many clowns in this cool clown car!)"

Very disappointing

By on Sunday, July 20, 2008

"I love my mother-in-law's Mazda Tribute and was excited to own this car. It has been such a disappointment. The check engine light came on at around 5000 miles and after multiple trips to the dealership, nothing was resolved. The hood rattled, which was finally fixed on the second trip to the dealership. The gas mileage isn't stellar. The seats are really uncomfortable and the rear two seats are so small, they don't really even count. I live in Minnesota and the handling is TERRIBLE in the snow. The car hasn't held value over the 2 years I've owned it. I owned a Mazda 323 years ago and it was a great little car. This one stinks."