2007 Mazda MAZDA5

8.0

Based on 239 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

What a great design

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "Handels great and has good visability"

Cons: "Hard to read displays in sunlight. Cannot use snow"

"Fun to drive, good visability, functional,love the sliding doors and not a huge van!"

grand touring a little low to the ground.

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"other than having issues with front end low and hitting ground, great car."

Love my car!

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive."

Cons: "Not a lot of space when 4 of us travel w/luggage."

"I love this car. It is perfect for a mom with two kids. They can each take a friend places and there is also room for our dog. It really drives like a car. I didn't want to give in to the mini-van lifestyle and this was the perfect choice! The sliding doors are also great; keep the kids from dinging cars parked next to us. And the price was right. I got the grand touring version, fully decked out with leather upholstery and MP3 hook up for under 23,000 (in 2007)."

Love this car

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

"I love the style and convenience of this car however for some reason even after alignment the tires wear unevenly. Never had any major problems at besides when I bought the car w 30k miles there was a banging noise which turned out to be the bushings. Once I hit 100,000 miles I had to get a lot of maintenance done and also the check engine light came on because of the thermostat! This car requires low profile tires which are more expensive than regular tires so be forwarned about that because when I bought it I had no idea I was gonna have to pay 500 for new tires"

Bluetooth

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Reason: Negatives become very annoying over time

Pros: "Handling and Steering Good"

Cons: "Electronic Options Need Work"

"The bluetooth functionality allowing you to make hands-free calls using the steering wheel stopped working after 1 month. I took it into the dealer who fixed it but then it happen again, and again, and again. I could never get it to work more than 2 weeks at a time. I finally gave up. The phone I am using is on the supported list and I was told it had nothing to do with my carrier or phone model. The DVD player works intermittently and will often not recognize DVDs even though my children watched the same DVD the day before in my home DVD player. It does not work well with the Satellite Radio. I often have to choose one or the other. I cannot put headphones on the kids to watch the DVD and listen to the radio myself. Over time, it seems to take longer to accelerate from 0 to 60. Consumer Reports says it takes 9.6 seconds. This was true when I initially purchased the car, but over time, my experience is closer to 12 seconds, which matters when you are trying to merge onto a busy interstate highway. I am up to date with all maintenance, so this is not the reason for the degrading performance. The tires do not last as long as advertised. I had to replace all 4 tires when I reached 18,000 miles. I am a fairly cautious driver, rarely driving over the speed limit and not an aggressive driver. I would hav expected the tires to last longer. The fit and finish inside the car also leaves something to be desired. I hit a pothole and panels popped out. It turned out that the panels were held together with nothing but double-stick tape. It was rather unnerving. I never came close to the EPA miles per gallon (MPG) estimate of 21 in city driving and 28 on the highway. It was more like 17 in city driving and 23 on the highway. Still good numbers, but not great. Handling and steering are good. It feels similar to driving a Honda, which is what I owned prior to buying this car. While the car is a good value from a sticker price perspective, the things I mentioned became major annoyances over time to where I regretted buying the car and could not wait to get rid of it."

Not reliable vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pros: "It was a nice car in the beginning!"

Cons: "The car is a piece of junk!"

"The car starting falling apart at 73000 miles. I have had it back to the dealer at least 8 times. They continue to tell me there is nothing wrong with it. It surges, dies when idleing. the motor mount is cracked (they wouldn't fix it while it was still under warranty, they said it wasn't broke only cracked)???? The fuel pump is going out, the seat belts will not retrack, the tensioner is broke and therefore the the airbags would not work. I am very disappointed and will NEVER buy a MAZDA again!"

great car

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "value for the price!"

"we love this car!"

The most useful car I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "Perfect family car."

Cons: "Not a sports car."

"This car handles well, is adequately powered, and is very versatile. The split seats in the 2nd row make this an extremely comfortable car for 4 people for a long trip. The seats in the 3rd row are "in a pinch" seats - kids and small adults only for an hour or less. Still it is nice to have that capability. With seats folded down it handles an amazing volume of cargo. The car has very predictable handling and reasonable road feel. The brakes are good. Acceleration is OK, but not like a sports car. Still, you can get on the highway without sweating bullets and it is pleasant to drive, even on a long trip. The controls are very well thought-out and convenient. Gas mileage is 26 in mixed urban/suburban, 30 on the highway. It says "hello" to you when you start it."

Great car!

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Worth the price, drives great, comfortable"

Cons: "Only way to heat back is through floor vents"

"Great car, reliable, havent had any issues with it. Drives GREAT! Doesnt feel like a van, you have a lot of control over it, very secure. Plenty of power, and I have been able to get into the 30s in MPG."

Love the car

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "Safe and comfortable"

Cons: "NO heat in the back seats."

"I've had several cars and I think this has been my favorite. My daughter is learning to drive and I feel very comfortable with her driving it and knowing she will be safe. No blind spots, easy to handle etc. Only downfall to this vehicle is NO heat in the back. The only heat comes from under the front seats for the rest of the car. The dealership told me would be enough heat for them, but too large of space for little vents. People in front get hot and sweating before the others get any heat."

Mixed feelings.

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "Corner Handing."

Cons: "Rattles, Squeaks, Tire wear."

"Bought this car with 60k miles on it. This car eats tires like no other!! Paint is very cheap, starting to get HORRIBLE road rash on the hood. The locks are starting to give out on the rear doors, so I have to unlock them manually. Squeaks and rattles galore going over bumps. Im needing to replace all 4 struts as we speak. Front passenger side strut is blown and is leaking. Its time to trade her in for something other than a tin can. She has never left me stranded, well..one time. But, overall, its a fairly good car and I bought it because it was a steal. Hanldes corners well too!!"

Not as good as we thought

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

"we got a 2 year old and after a year, things started to fail: - AC controls (one of them does not lit at night) - Had to replace one rear strut - Sliding doors get stuck on cold weather and it's not even 32 F!! - Needed new tire pressure indicators - Third brake light stopped working and needs to replace the whole assembly costing 205 to do so. Car looks great and it's a delight to drive but our Mazda 3 is of much better quality than the 5."

Not so much!

By on Sunday, February 05, 2012

Pros: "Styling and gas mileage"

Cons: "Tires are too pricey, poor quality overall."

"I purchased this car new. I am very pleased with the styling and side slide door entry which is great for kid entry. The gas mileage is better than average as well. The issues I have with this car is the tires(high preformance which equals $$$$). The tires do not last and need replaced every 4-5 months. 4 tires for this car cost around $800. This is outrageous. The rim are also a problem as they are aluminum which is no match for Pennsylvania potholes. I have also had to have shocks and strutts replaced to the tune of 600 . This car gas proven to be a money pit!"

Good and Reliable

By on Thursday, February 02, 2012

Pros: "Affordable, good gas mileage, reliable"

Cons: "Wimpy air, loud, cramped 3rd row"

"This car is all about the practical. Gas mileage is fabulous-better than most sedans. We have had no maintenance issues whatsoever. It is small, so you have to plan accordingly and the 3rd row is getting to be too cramped for our teens. It is not going to win any drag races, but no one buys a minivan to race anyway! The aerodynamics are great and help keep our gas bills low, but the car is unbearably noisy (almost deafening) when the backseat windows are open and you are going over 45 mph. The air conditioning (no rear air on our model) is wimpy and does not keep the backseat really cool (thus the windows), but overall, I cannot complain. This is a very affordable alternative to a big "mini" van or SUV."

Sporty for a minivan - Versatile - Lots of Goodies

By on Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pros: "Excellent Value - fun to drive"

Cons: "Under powered - Slightly cheap feel"

"A great value Pros - lots of features, low price, sporty handling, looks, roomy and versatile, reliable, low maintenence, decent economy: Cons - underpowered, slightly cheap feel"

Love this car, but it eats tires!

By on Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pros: "tons of room"

Cons: "unfriendly to tires"

"I think this car is the greatest for interior space and convenience. It has so much more room in it than it looks like it would from the outside. It is somewhat underpowered, but the great gas mileage makes up for it. My only criticism is that because it rides low to the road and has high performance tires, it requires alignment very often and more frequent tire replacement that I would like."

Great Car for the Money!

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "cheap, reliable, good fuel economy"

Cons: "weak powertrain when fully loaded..."

"would recommend to a friend, and have... my buddy bought one recently! pros: love the sliding rear doors, and the storage capacity with all four back seats down (I'm a musician and have to haul lots of gear) Easily as much storage as a mid-size SUV. Drives more like a car than a van, which is a plus in my book... good fuel economy. 3rd row seats a plus for small kids, but not adults cons: Weak powertrain when loaded down (not usually a problem, I'm not a race car driver) interior trimmings are a little bit daintier than I'd like. Rear carpet and backs of seats would tear easily while loading and unloading stuff, if I didn't keep carpet over them Great value... the cons aren't really cons when you consider price and reliability history"

Great little family van

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

"Great little family van, a blast to drive if you get the stick shift. No mater how much I put in it it seems to have room for more. Well thought out design, great in parking lots and around town. The little dude will run 80 in third no problem, great for getting on to the highway. And won't kill your budget to buy or own."

A great car for the money.

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "great value. comfortable on long trips"

Cons: "a little noisy. limit view for tall driver"

"Love the van-like side doors. Smaller and easier to park than a minivan. Great mileage. Comfortable. Feels like it cost a lot more."

I love this car!

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pros: "Quick acceleration, great cargo space"

Cons: "rear seats, back heater vent (no heat)"

"I bought this car in February 2010 an have enjoyed every single second of owning it. I got a great deal because it was a manual transmission and not too many people enjoy driving stick anymore. There is plenty of room to pack the kids in it or, as I discovered, an 8' Christmas tree. There are only two things that I would classify as shortcomings and they are minor. The first are the seats located all the way in the back. Luckily my son is a string-bean so he doesn't mind it, but it is not a place for adults to ride for anything more than a short hop. The second is the rear vent. The air conditioner works through the vents, but the heater does not. The heat coming from the front vents pushes to the back relatively quickly so it isn't a huge issue. Overall, though I really love this car and the acceleration is fantastic even when its all loaded up."

Very Nice

By on Monday, January 09, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, smooth, comfortable"

Cons: "no armrest on front passenger seat, noisy-freeway"

"This is a very nice car to drive, it's smooth, comfortable, and gets good mileage. The only negative has been the lack of an armrest on the front passenger seat and it's a bit noisy when driving on the freeway."

Love how it handles

By on Monday, January 09, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, tight turning radius"

Cons: "tire noise, flaky audio system"

"I have four children, and require a 6 passenger vehicle as a result. This is a 6 passenger vehicle that is great on gas and fun to drive. It handles tight turns beautifully. I enjoy driving and this vehicles just enhances that. The only downside that I have seen is : 1. horrible tires. I am replacing the original toyos later this week, there is no tread left. 2. at random times the audio system doesn't work. Other then that its perfect!! I can't wait to see how it does with the new tires :)"

Great Family Car, Great Visibility.. Zippy!

By on Monday, January 09, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, roomy, great visability"

Cons: "interior dash is dark, could use better arm rests"

"Love this car, perfect for family or elderly driver as the visibility with the large front windshield has great visibility. Comfortable, like a sports car, Lots of room. Like a mini van, only smaller and easy to maneuver. Very zippy! The dash board controls are a little dark at night, wish they were brighter. Hatch back is so convenient and back seats fold down so you can make a trip to home depot and load up! Very reliable. We bought this used 3 yrs ago and haven't had a single problem. Don't lose you keys however, because they cost $350. to replace (computerized keys). RELIABLE!"

great auto

By on Thursday, January 05, 2012

"factory tires replaced at 31000 other thanthat great auto"

Awesome car

By on Sunday, January 01, 2012

Pros: "Driving experience."

Cons: "Cramped rear"

"Drives like a sports car. Sliding doors keep the kids from banging other cars in parking lots. Excellent number and location of cubbies for driver. Beautiful sunroof. Minor negatives--rear is cramped for storage or passengers. Road noise isn't great. Somewhat funny looking--takes some getting used to. Roof rack not included as standard. Traction control was not available until 2011."

See if you qualify for