2006 Mazda MAZDA5

8.0

Based on 239 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

this is a great vehicle. Very reliable

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

"This has been a great vehicle for my family. It is very comfortable and I love the safety features!"

Great Car for a Young Family of 4

By on Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Pros: "cheap, fun, really roomy, Mazda driving experience"

Cons: "Avg MPG, low-profile tires, not good for 3+ kids"

"We've had our car a little over a year and put almost 20k on it. Pros - Fun to drive, Lots of cargo space for small footprint, Sporty-ish exterior, good value for the relatively-low purchase price, Love the sliding doors! Cons - MPG is unimpressive (23 avg for us), Driver's seat is pretty tight for large people, must use low-profile tires and they wear down quickly, interior is boring, 3rd-row seats only work for children All things considered we really like this car - it's literally the only car my wife has ever enjoyed driving! We can deal with the MPG although I miss the 32 MPG I was getting from the Accord this replaced. We really love the 2nd row for our kids (7&5): dual sliding doors are large and awesome, seats are roomy - great for car seats - and sit up nice and high, dedicated 2nd row cold air vent is great for warm summer weather. These 2nd row assets really set this above typical sedans in our mind, AND you get the expansive cargo room of a hatch-back with pop-up 3rd row if the grandparents ever need to ride with us. This wouldn't work for us if we had 3 kids, but we love it for our family of 4."

Great car, versatile, fun, good value

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Handling, versitility,"

Cons: "Traction when starting, rack noise, gas milage"

"I bought this new at the end of 2008. Found it by accident while checking legroom on the 3, and CR7. I was comparing it to Fits, and used minivans. More fun to drive than my Odyssey (which I still like a lot). Handles great. A bit slow on accel response in auto, but switching to manual mode fixes that. Over torqued at the low end, it is pretty easy to spin the tires at a stop sign, especially when wet. Interior space is excellent. I am 6'4" and can wear a cowboy hat in the drivers seat. I fit reasonably in the second row of seats also. The third row is only big enough for kids under 11. Second row cup holders are in the fold out center console. There is always something in the back, my mtn bike, sports gear bags, kids, groceries etc. It all fits. The seats fold to a flat surface. The tailgate is easy to open with full hands. Unusually loud noise using my thule rooftop rack, compared to having it on an Accord, Bonneville, Catera, and Odyssey. Unbearable over 35 mph. I resorted to homemade streamling the bars. Aero style bars might work better. Gas milage is ok, about the same as the Odyssey."

love Love LOVE this car!

By on Friday, May 03, 2013

Pros: "Great Value; Roomy; Fun Drive;Terrific Gas Mileage"

Cons: "Rear should also heat, not just a/c."

"Car has been in two accidents and had things replaced like shocks, bearings, and engine mounts but overall I still Love this car (bought new in 2009). I am a "voluptuous" woman and do not feel 'cramped' in the car. The versatility of having three rows of seating is wonderful. They fold flat when needed which turns my car into a bit of truck for hauling mulch and bicycles. I get about 330 miles to a tank with a mixture of city & highway driving. Draw backs are rear vent system only does A/C and not heat. Seems to go through tires quickly."

Love it!

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Comfy! Great with gas!"

Cons: "a little more room for 3rd row legs lots to clean"

"Great car! Very convenient! Has no astray or lighter but I like that!"

See if you qualify for