2015 Mazda MAZDA3 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,888 - $20,075.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 09/01/2016

10/9.2

Based on 68 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

44,000 miles on in 18 months, and still happy

By on Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Pros: "Looks great, fun to drive, great value"

"My automatic transmission 2015 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring is my 5th Mazda, my third 3 after two 6s, and I'm a committed Mazda buyer/driver. I drive a ton, and I can honestly say that the 44,000 miles to-date in 18 months (mostly highway, but lots of dense city traffic as well) have been more-or-less trouble-free with the exception of some niggling issues with the TeleMatics system requiring system re-boots. The ride is just a bit rough as befits a low-slung sporty vehicle, but not uncomfortable. Handling is superb. Pickup is best above 2000 RPM, which means acceleration for passing or emergency reaction while already in motion is excellent; only middling from a standing start. I love the display including the heads up screen on top of the dash in front of the driver. The combo bluetooth hands-free voice recognition phone, and navigation and audio systems' functionality take some getting used to, but then are a breeze. Remote start works but takes a lot of getting used to operationally; could be simpler, I imagine. Safety is a big deal for me; my 2014 identical model was T-boned at full speed on the driver side by an SUV; my side, head and front airbags deployed in a nano-second, and as my phone went flying while my car was doing a full 180, the impact automatically triggered a call to 911 via bluetooth (I had programmed it so, thankfully). I was able to talk to EMS without moving a muscle from under the airbags. I walked away shaken but unscathed even though the car was totaled. I immediately ordered the identical model in the 2015 model year. The car looks great; I got lots of compliments before the 2014-2016 Mazda 3s became more commonplace on the roads (early-on when I had the 2014 -- the first of this current model re-design -- some people regularly mistook it for a luxury vehicle). Good value for the money."

2015 3 Hatchback, s Grand Touring trim, auto trans

By on Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Pros: "FUN Factor, engine, handling, ergonomics, quality"

Cons: "Not the quietest re road noise. Not the cheapest."

"We bought this car new in early Jan. 2015. Read all the car mag reviews, Test drove the Accord, Civic & others 1st. Our "3-GT" is used daily to & from work, etc. To date: No problems whatsoever! Car still looks & feels like the day we bought it. Getting great mileage in spite of the fact that this car is SO much FUN to drive! Highway cruises at 80 mph easily; Completely at ease & stable w car not feeling pushed/strained. Superior handling, a really, really, spunky engine that loves to go.The car feels faster 0-60 than the specs indicate. Sitting in front, car just fits so well, never feels cramped. Lots of high tech, great ergonomics. Only complaints are the Mrs. insisted on getting auto trans. & car isn't the quietest re road noise. LOVE this car. Hatchback is roomy, very versatile. When my Acura dies, this then current "3" hatchback & the Miata, both (w manual trans) will be on my top 5 list of cars to check out. For this price range, this car is so close to perfect! I've been so impressed w this car & Mazda. (This is our 1st. Mazda) If you can, spend a few bucks more & get the Grand Touring.. it's worth it! Hate sounding like a commercial but I'm rarely this impressed about any new purchase."

Best car so far.

By on Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Pros: "Just about everything."

Cons: "Only 3 speakers for the radio."

"Replaced my 99 Mustang V6 with this 2015 Mazda 3. I got 300000 miles on the mustang and expect the same with this Mazda. Although it is smaller 2.0 vs 3.8 and is Automatic vs 5 speed manual, this car is just as quick. It may not be as throaty, but still has a pleasant sporty tone. The electronic features are amazing. I bought it because it has blind spot detectors (i-touring model) and a rear-view backup camera. The car has mileage efficiency similar to hybrids in the same class car. The interior is superior."

hate getting out of it

By on Thursday, July 9, 2015

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "adults might be uncomfortable in the back seat"

"Only downside is that the back seat is a touch small but it is a compact car. However the front is amazingly roomy. I'm 6'3" and I don't even have to put the seat all the way back. The throaty sound of the exhaust is very pleasing and the gas mileage is amazing especially considering how sporty the drive is. Also very safe my wife got t-boned at 30 mph,no brakes and only got a bruise on her arm so we immediately bought another."

Better than expected fun,looks, mpg,

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pros: "Driver's car, lots of fun"

Cons: "None so far"

show room

"Car feels and drives more like a much more expensive car. Plenty of get up and go and very nimble on it's feet. Lots of room in the back . The mpg is as stated or better. Has a sports car feel. Even the doors feel solid.Nice sound system with the tech package. Mazda sure has got this one right. The Zoom zoom is back!"

show room