2015 Mazda MAZDA3 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,074 - $17,068.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 09/29/2016

10/9.2

Based on 68 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

44,000 miles on in 18 months, and still happy

By on Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Pros: "Looks great, fun to drive, great value"

"My automatic transmission 2015 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring is my 5th Mazda, my third 3 after two 6s, and I'm a committed Mazda buyer/driver. I drive a ton, and I can honestly say that the 44,000 miles to-date in 18 months (mostly highway, but lots of dense city traffic as well) have been more-or-less trouble-free with the exception of some niggling issues with the TeleMatics system requiring system re-boots. The ride is just a bit rough as befits a low-slung sporty vehicle, but not uncomfortable. Handling is superb. Pickup is best above 2000 RPM, which means acceleration for passing or emergency reaction while already in motion is excellent; only middling from a standing start. I love the display including the heads up screen on top of the dash in front of the driver. The combo bluetooth hands-free voice recognition phone, and navigation and audio systems' functionality take some getting used to, but then are a breeze. Remote start works but takes a lot of getting used to operationally; could be simpler, I imagine. Safety is a big deal for me; my 2014 identical model was T-boned at full speed on the driver side by an SUV; my side, head and front airbags deployed in a nano-second, and as my phone went flying while my car was doing a full 180, the impact automatically triggered a call to 911 via bluetooth (I had programmed it so, thankfully). I was able to talk to EMS without moving a muscle from under the airbags. I walked away shaken but unscathed even though the car was totaled. I immediately ordered the identical model in the 2015 model year. The car looks great; I got lots of compliments before the 2014-2016 Mazda 3s became more commonplace on the roads (early-on when I had the 2014 -- the first of this current model re-design -- some people regularly mistook it for a luxury vehicle). Good value for the money."

2015 3 Hatchback, s Grand Touring trim, auto trans

By on Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Pros: "FUN Factor, engine, handling, ergonomics, quality"

Cons: "Not the quietest re road noise. Not the cheapest."

"We bought this car new in early Jan. 2015. Read all the car mag reviews, Test drove the Accord, Civic & others 1st. Our "3-GT" is used daily to & from work, etc. To date: No problems whatsoever! Car still looks & feels like the day we bought it. Getting great mileage in spite of the fact that this car is SO much FUN to drive! Highway cruises at 80 mph easily; Completely at ease & stable w car not feeling pushed/strained. Superior handling, a really, really, spunky engine that loves to go.The car feels faster 0-60 than the specs indicate. Sitting in front, car just fits so well, never feels cramped. Lots of high tech, great ergonomics. Only complaints are the Mrs. insisted on getting auto trans. & car isn't the quietest re road noise. LOVE this car. Hatchback is roomy, very versatile. When my Acura dies, this then current "3" hatchback & the Miata, both (w manual trans) will be on my top 5 list of cars to check out. For this price range, this car is so close to perfect! I've been so impressed w this car & Mazda. (This is our 1st. Mazda) If you can, spend a few bucks more & get the Grand Touring.. it's worth it! Hate sounding like a commercial but I'm rarely this impressed about any new purchase."

Best car so far.

By on Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Pros: "Just about everything."

Cons: "Only 3 speakers for the radio."

"Replaced my 99 Mustang V6 with this 2015 Mazda 3. I got 300000 miles on the mustang and expect the same with this Mazda. Although it is smaller 2.0 vs 3.8 and is Automatic vs 5 speed manual, this car is just as quick. It may not be as throaty, but still has a pleasant sporty tone. The electronic features are amazing. I bought it because it has blind spot detectors (i-touring model) and a rear-view backup camera. The car has mileage efficiency similar to hybrids in the same class car. The interior is superior."

hate getting out of it

By on Thursday, July 9, 2015

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "adults might be uncomfortable in the back seat"

"Only downside is that the back seat is a touch small but it is a compact car. However the front is amazingly roomy. I'm 6'3" and I don't even have to put the seat all the way back. The throaty sound of the exhaust is very pleasing and the gas mileage is amazing especially considering how sporty the drive is. Also very safe my wife got t-boned at 30 mph,no brakes and only got a bruise on her arm so we immediately bought another."

Better than expected fun,looks, mpg,

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pros: "Driver's car, lots of fun"

Cons: "None so far"

show room

"Car feels and drives more like a much more expensive car. Plenty of get up and go and very nimble on it's feet. Lots of room in the back . The mpg is as stated or better. Has a sports car feel. Even the doors feel solid.Nice sound system with the tech package. Mazda sure has got this one right. The Zoom zoom is back!"

show room

Best Vehicle Iv'e Owned To Date!

By on Saturday, May 3, 2014

"To start off I purchased the 2014 Mazda 3 Sport grand Touring. My previous vehicle was the past generation 2010 Mazda Sport Grand Touring. First comes first, this new generation is absolutely fantastic! Everything about the car screams quality, fit and finish, and a company thats dedicated to their customers and really listens to what WE want in our cars. This car has exceeded every expectation I had including ones I didn't even know I should of had. The design is stunning, I get compliments everywhere I go and everyone seems to be amazed when they sit in my car and find out it's a Mazda. The interior quality is best in class, and it's worth every bit of the premium I paid for the GT version. The leather is soft and the red stitching really makes it pop. The dash design is awesome, and it takes queues from Audi, and Bmw. The ride quality is also very good, soft when it should be, and rough when you want to step on the gas. Fuel efficiently isn't something I really worry about since I have a lead foot but according to the car I am already getting better then my "old" Mazda. Now, I had the option to get the Audi or Bmw, but I kept having my doubts about so many complaints owners were having with their cars and it took me about since this car launched to officially decide to do away with the higher end cars and stick to Mazda. I am so glad I did because I know in the long run this car will have cheap maintenance and be very fun to drive without having to give up on those luxury features of todays times. The navigation infotainment system is really nice to use, the car looks great, drives great, is reliable, and will continue to put a smile on my face when I get inside and put it in drive. My suggestion is if you can afford the SGT model, I would definitely go for it you will not be disappointed and it's really worth what you pay for it. Highly recommend this car and I really appreciate whoever takes the time to read this novel of a review! Enjoy your Zoom Zoom everyone!"

2014 Mazda3 S Grand Touring 4 door

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Features, interior quality, handlng, mpg"

Cons: "Early gears are high, 2.5 needs manual, poor tires"

"Traded from a Mitsubishi Evo to this car after growing tired with the other cars' ride, terrible mpg and interior, road noise, and general maintenance costs and the fact that I was paying for a "race car" that I rarely enjoyed in that fashion. The fact that I chose this car speaks volumes of the Mazda's features and capabilities as a daily driver for someone who wants some fun and lots of features in their daily commute. So far I absolutely love this car and feel like it is an excellent travelling companion ! Responsive engine and great handling for a fwd as well as very light compared to most cars on the road. Mine has the tech package so the only thing I would change would be the factory tires (aweful in snow) and maybe 10-15 more hp and to decrease the gearing in the first few gears. Love this car so much that I would happily trade for one with a manual down the road !"

Perfect for city/hwy sporty commute

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "Fuel efficient 2.5L, solid ride, head up display"

Cons: "No complimentary oil change"

"The Mazda 3S sedan certainly feels very sturdy compared to my previous car, a 2010 Corolla, specially when taking sharp turns, changing lanes in busy traffic, or simply when a speeding tractor-trailer crosses you. The brake is super responsive, and the acceleration is decent without the sport mode turned on, and superb in the sport mode. With the 18" alloy wheels, thin tires, and sport tuned suspension, the ride feels very sporty (to be positive) or stiff (to be negative). But I guess that's a matter of taste. In rush hour (50-55mph), I average about 41mpg. At off-peak freeway (70-75mph) or in local traffic (35-40mph), it is about 35mpg. Very decent numbers for a 2.5L engine :-) I cannot overstate just how cool and convenient the head-up display unit is. It let's you keep your eyes on the road while getting lane/turn instructions from the GPS, and otherwise simply track cruising activity. The steering wheel mounted paddle shifters are awesome when driving on hilly roads, and the leatherette seats feels as soft as leather :-) Although the awkwardly placed GPS unit looks like an aftermarket addition, it is very easy to navigate with the knob and quick access buttons while driving, which is same as what the 2015 Audi A3 has. However, my Mazda 3 LCD touchscreen's display as well as the infotainment features layout both feel much fancier and easier to use. It's a bummer that some of the best features are only available in the S GT trim, including radar cruise (although the S Touring has a radar in front, deactivated!), adaptive headlight, and rain sensing wiper. Also, if you want non-black interior, S GT is the only trim you will find that in. But what is totally maddening is that you do *not* get automatic headlight on the $25K Mazda 3 S, something that even my 2010 Corolla base sedan had. You have to bump all the way up to S GT with tech package for that ... I mean, seriously? Also, unlike essentially every other automaker, Mazda *does not* provide any complimentary maintenance (oil change etc.) for the first 2-3 years :-("

Love it!

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, safe, fast, reliable"

Cons: "Worry about new technology breaking someday."

"I did months of research trying to find a sporty, powerful, safe, reliable vehicle to replace my ancient 1998 Honda Civic EX. I drove a Subaru CrossTrek and discovered how much I really hate CVT engines. I'm a little bit of a car enthusiast, and the blender appliance sounds and lack of true gear shifting control made me feel car sick. From that point on, I knew I was looking for a manual transmission. . A lot of car makers are abandoning manual transmissions that include any bells and whistles, so I had limited selection. Reliability and safety are very important to me, and a Honda or Toyota would have fit the bill nicely, but I wanted something truly sporty that had a little kick when you lay down on the acceleration pedal. None of the 4 door small car models by Honda or Toyota would have fit the bill. I thought about the Ford Focus Sport model but I didn't like the reliability ratings, and I also thought about the Subaru WRX, but it was slightly out of my price range and the dealers can't keep them in stock to test drive. . I decided to test drive the 6 speed, 2.5 Liter, Mazda 3 because it was more powerful than most of the competition small car models, it is very safe, and it looks very sexy. . Not only does this car feel fast and sporty, its refined, and has a huge amount of safety features. The cabin is quiet, the ride is smooth, the manual shifting points are refined and easy to navigate. It even has a roll back prevention feature so if you are stuck on an inclined hill and have to start rolling forward using your clutch, you won't roll backwards. No need to ride the clutch while you release the emergency brake while driving in Seattle or Tacoma! . I fell in love with this car as soon as I test drove it. Unlike the Honda and Toyota, this thing has pep and a really amazing engine. It goes when you want it to go. It has no hesitation. It can rocket off the line, and yet it gets almost 40mpg. . It is also a top safety pick by the IIHS, which makes me feel much more comfortable than riding in both the Toyota and Honda, which both had dismal scores in the front overlap tests last year. I know my family will be safe riding in this car. . I love this car. I was totally blown away with the comfort, the safety features, the refinement of the interior, and the value. I originally wanted a BMW or Lexus but couldn't afford one. I could have waited to buy a WRX, but I feel like this car has plenty of power to make my commute to work fun and entertaining. I'll save money on gas as well. . I highly recommend you drive this car in the 2.5 sport version, with leather. It's amazing. I feel incredibly fortunate to have found this car with a manual transmission. It's really fun to drive. It's exactly what I was looking for, and I don't feel like I'm missing out by not driving a Subaru WRX, BMW, or Lexus."

It's fun to drive, powerful, comfortable & sexy:)

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "This car is so fun to drive and has great power!"

Cons: "Infotainment system has some bugs that need work"

"Traded in my honda civic for the Mazda3 GT s hatchback and haven't looked back. Don't get me wrong, the civic was very reliable and cheap to maintain but a total dud to drive (even with a manual transmission). Love love love driving my new Mazda. It handles great, has the power I always craved but never got from my civic and it feels well made and safe. The interior is comfortable and kinda sexy at the same time. Didn't think I needed the heated leather seats with dual climate control but now that I have them I can't imagine my commute without them! Sound system also makes for a great driving experience - infotainment system has some bugs but I hear Mazda has software updates to address these so I need to bring it to the Dealer to uploaded these; apparently the fix is free. I did spend more than I would have liked for the top of the line model but if you don't want all the bells and whistles you can get a more reasonably priced model."