2015 Mazda MAZDA3 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,321 - $17,187.

Transaction data

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

10/9.2

Based on 59 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

Top+ Safety, sporty, versatile, great on gas

By on Thursday, May 14, 2015

Pros: "Does just about everything right"

Cons: "No daytime running lights"

"The Mazda is a pleasure to drive, with an eager engine and responsive and precise steering. On the highway with adaptive cruise activated, the car is on its way to driving itself; all we have to do is steer. Or, if we take more assertive control, the car lives up to its Grand Touring name. And, we’re very comfortable either way. Mazda undersells their engine technology. They have boosted thermodynamic efficiency by increasing the compression ratio to near-diesel levels, achieving near-diesel fuel efficiency on regular gas. Oh, but without the particulates, and while retaining the “zoom, zoom.” Our Mazda’s blind-spot warning beeps for mall shopping carts, and for dicey lane changes. The heads-up display makes it easy to check your speed while keeping your eyes on the road. Next turn navigation information also cleverly appears there. The Bose audio system offers superb sound, clean and crisp with authoritative bass; better than in many luxury cars. The navigation system is straightforward to control, especially via voice commands. And it gets you there. We leave the wipers on auto, and they find the right speed from intermittent to frantic. Similarly, the auto light setting turns on the lights and high beams according to how dark it is and whether there’s oncoming traffic, auto-dimming accordingly. The key fob is kind of magic; I just keep it in my pocket, and doors open and the car starts with simple presses of buttons. The navigation system once drew an annoying blank when we stated an address. It just timed out without asking for a repetition. One feature we miss is a seat adjustment memory; it’s a bit of a nuisance to fiddle with the seat each time my wife and I swap the car."

One month in, love it more every day!

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Great value, Good overall quality, Fun to drive"

Cons: "Could use a little more power"

"I just bought a 2015 Mazda 3i sport hatchback, by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. Mazda put out an all around solid product for an excellent price. If you are in the market for a compact car you would be crazy not to take one out for a test drive. The handling is crisp and smooth, the fuel economy is at the top of its class, especially if you aren't interested in spending the extra cash for a hybrid or a diesel. From 2014 to 2015 they made the infotainment center option standard on all but the SV model. Having the command controller makes navigating through media center menus quick and easy, much more intuitive than similar systems in other cars. The interior feels like it belongs in a more expensive vehicle. I bought the base model, and still feel like everything has a good clean professional feel. The bold new exterior is sure to impress, I still smile every time I step into the garage. I have the manual transmission, the shifter throws are short and crisp, and the clutch responds nicely. Do yourself a favor, read some more reviews, go for a few test drives, and buy a Mazda 3. You wont regret it."

After 18 months I love this car more than ever

By on Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Pros: "Fuel economy, handles well, infotainment system"

Cons: "None yet"

"I drove all the compact hatchbacks, with special attention to those with manual transmissions. I ended up choosing a Mazda 3 iGrandTouring. My reasons at the time were, of all the cars in its class, it was by far the most fun to drive and it got the best fuel economy. While those reasons still hold true true today, now I love it for other reasons. The screen and knob combination quite simply is easier and better to use than any system I have seen on any car, ever. It works so well, with hardly a thought or movement I can check the map, look for the nearest Wawa, get a traffic report, and change the music. The overall style of the car is really nice, both inside and outside. My gas mileage the first year came in right at 36.0 and so far this year is 37.4. Those are the combined numbers, not just highway. And it is so fun to drive, it loves to accelerate and practically jumps into corners. Everything on the car still feels tight, like this thing is really well made for the long haul. Good thing, because I plan on keeping this for quite a while!"

Great car for the price.

By on Friday, September 11, 2015

Pros: "Excellent small car overall"

Cons: "Low to the ground and hard to exit (for big guys)."

"Amazing the power and acceleration in such a small engine. Great handling car. Terrific gas milage (38.7 mpg). ."

Dont let this one slip by ........

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Great Gas Mileage, Fun to drive... everything is a"

"If you are shopping for a sporty comapct car, then this is the 'ONE.' After much debate and research, we elected to buy the 2015 Mazda 6 speed hatchback. Was looking for something with great gas milesage without having the cost for an Electric or Hybrid and I could not be happier. The fact that it rides and feels like a sports car is a huge incentive and has allowed me to put the "FUN" back into driving. Don't let this one slip by ... take the plunge and buy one."