2015 Mazda MAZDA3 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,103 - $17,082.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 07/28/2016

10/9.2

Based on 66 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

2014 Mazda3 S Grand Touring 4 door

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Features, interior quality, handlng, mpg"

Cons: "Early gears are high, 2.5 needs manual, poor tires"

"Traded from a Mitsubishi Evo to this car after growing tired with the other cars' ride, terrible mpg and interior, road noise, and general maintenance costs and the fact that I was paying for a "race car" that I rarely enjoyed in that fashion. The fact that I chose this car speaks volumes of the Mazda's features and capabilities as a daily driver for someone who wants some fun and lots of features in their daily commute. So far I absolutely love this car and feel like it is an excellent travelling companion ! Responsive engine and great handling for a fwd as well as very light compared to most cars on the road. Mine has the tech package so the only thing I would change would be the factory tires (aweful in snow) and maybe 10-15 more hp and to decrease the gearing in the first few gears. Love this car so much that I would happily trade for one with a manual down the road !"

Perfect for city/hwy sporty commute

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "Fuel efficient 2.5L, solid ride, head up display"

Cons: "No complimentary oil change"

"The Mazda 3S sedan certainly feels very sturdy compared to my previous car, a 2010 Corolla, specially when taking sharp turns, changing lanes in busy traffic, or simply when a speeding tractor-trailer crosses you. The brake is super responsive, and the acceleration is decent without the sport mode turned on, and superb in the sport mode. With the 18" alloy wheels, thin tires, and sport tuned suspension, the ride feels very sporty (to be positive) or stiff (to be negative). But I guess that's a matter of taste. In rush hour (50-55mph), I average about 41mpg. At off-peak freeway (70-75mph) or in local traffic (35-40mph), it is about 35mpg. Very decent numbers for a 2.5L engine :-) I cannot overstate just how cool and convenient the head-up display unit is. It let's you keep your eyes on the road while getting lane/turn instructions from the GPS, and otherwise simply track cruising activity. The steering wheel mounted paddle shifters are awesome when driving on hilly roads, and the leatherette seats feels as soft as leather :-) Although the awkwardly placed GPS unit looks like an aftermarket addition, it is very easy to navigate with the knob and quick access buttons while driving, which is same as what the 2015 Audi A3 has. However, my Mazda 3 LCD touchscreen's display as well as the infotainment features layout both feel much fancier and easier to use. It's a bummer that some of the best features are only available in the S GT trim, including radar cruise (although the S Touring has a radar in front, deactivated!), adaptive headlight, and rain sensing wiper. Also, if you want non-black interior, S GT is the only trim you will find that in. But what is totally maddening is that you do *not* get automatic headlight on the $25K Mazda 3 S, something that even my 2010 Corolla base sedan had. You have to bump all the way up to S GT with tech package for that ... I mean, seriously? Also, unlike essentially every other automaker, Mazda *does not* provide any complimentary maintenance (oil change etc.) for the first 2-3 years :-("

It's fun to drive, powerful, comfortable & sexy:)

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "This car is so fun to drive and has great power!"

Cons: "Infotainment system has some bugs that need work"

"Traded in my honda civic for the Mazda3 GT s hatchback and haven't looked back. Don't get me wrong, the civic was very reliable and cheap to maintain but a total dud to drive (even with a manual transmission). Love love love driving my new Mazda. It handles great, has the power I always craved but never got from my civic and it feels well made and safe. The interior is comfortable and kinda sexy at the same time. Didn't think I needed the heated leather seats with dual climate control but now that I have them I can't imagine my commute without them! Sound system also makes for a great driving experience - infotainment system has some bugs but I hear Mazda has software updates to address these so I need to bring it to the Dealer to uploaded these; apparently the fix is free. I did spend more than I would have liked for the top of the line model but if you don't want all the bells and whistles you can get a more reasonably priced model."

Love it!

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, safe, fast, reliable"

Cons: "Worry about new technology breaking someday."

"I did months of research trying to find a sporty, powerful, safe, reliable vehicle to replace my ancient 1998 Honda Civic EX. I drove a Subaru CrossTrek and discovered how much I really hate CVT engines. I'm a little bit of a car enthusiast, and the blender appliance sounds and lack of true gear shifting control made me feel car sick. From that point on, I knew I was looking for a manual transmission. . A lot of car makers are abandoning manual transmissions that include any bells and whistles, so I had limited selection. Reliability and safety are very important to me, and a Honda or Toyota would have fit the bill nicely, but I wanted something truly sporty that had a little kick when you lay down on the acceleration pedal. None of the 4 door small car models by Honda or Toyota would have fit the bill. I thought about the Ford Focus Sport model but I didn't like the reliability ratings, and I also thought about the Subaru WRX, but it was slightly out of my price range and the dealers can't keep them in stock to test drive. . I decided to test drive the 6 speed, 2.5 Liter, Mazda 3 because it was more powerful than most of the competition small car models, it is very safe, and it looks very sexy. . Not only does this car feel fast and sporty, its refined, and has a huge amount of safety features. The cabin is quiet, the ride is smooth, the manual shifting points are refined and easy to navigate. It even has a roll back prevention feature so if you are stuck on an inclined hill and have to start rolling forward using your clutch, you won't roll backwards. No need to ride the clutch while you release the emergency brake while driving in Seattle or Tacoma! . I fell in love with this car as soon as I test drove it. Unlike the Honda and Toyota, this thing has pep and a really amazing engine. It goes when you want it to go. It has no hesitation. It can rocket off the line, and yet it gets almost 40mpg. . It is also a top safety pick by the IIHS, which makes me feel much more comfortable than riding in both the Toyota and Honda, which both had dismal scores in the front overlap tests last year. I know my family will be safe riding in this car. . I love this car. I was totally blown away with the comfort, the safety features, the refinement of the interior, and the value. I originally wanted a BMW or Lexus but couldn't afford one. I could have waited to buy a WRX, but I feel like this car has plenty of power to make my commute to work fun and entertaining. I'll save money on gas as well. . I highly recommend you drive this car in the 2.5 sport version, with leather. It's amazing. I feel incredibly fortunate to have found this car with a manual transmission. It's really fun to drive. It's exactly what I was looking for, and I don't feel like I'm missing out by not driving a Subaru WRX, BMW, or Lexus."

Top+ Safety, sporty, versatile, great on gas

By on Thursday, May 14, 2015

Pros: "Does just about everything right"

Cons: "No daytime running lights"

"The Mazda is a pleasure to drive, with an eager engine and responsive and precise steering. On the highway with adaptive cruise activated, the car is on its way to driving itself; all we have to do is steer. Or, if we take more assertive control, the car lives up to its Grand Touring name. And, we’re very comfortable either way. Mazda undersells their engine technology. They have boosted thermodynamic efficiency by increasing the compression ratio to near-diesel levels, achieving near-diesel fuel efficiency on regular gas. Oh, but without the particulates, and while retaining the “zoom, zoom.” Our Mazda’s blind-spot warning beeps for mall shopping carts, and for dicey lane changes. The heads-up display makes it easy to check your speed while keeping your eyes on the road. Next turn navigation information also cleverly appears there. The Bose audio system offers superb sound, clean and crisp with authoritative bass; better than in many luxury cars. The navigation system is straightforward to control, especially via voice commands. And it gets you there. We leave the wipers on auto, and they find the right speed from intermittent to frantic. Similarly, the auto light setting turns on the lights and high beams according to how dark it is and whether there’s oncoming traffic, auto-dimming accordingly. The key fob is kind of magic; I just keep it in my pocket, and doors open and the car starts with simple presses of buttons. The navigation system once drew an annoying blank when we stated an address. It just timed out without asking for a repetition. One feature we miss is a seat adjustment memory; it’s a bit of a nuisance to fiddle with the seat each time my wife and I swap the car."