2015 Mazda MAZDA3 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,051 - $17,056.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 08/25/2016

10/9.2

Based on 68 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

44,000 miles on in 18 months, and still happy

By on Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Pros: "Looks great, fun to drive, great value"

"My automatic transmission 2015 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring is my 5th Mazda, my third 3 after two 6s, and I'm a committed Mazda buyer/driver. I drive a ton, and I can honestly say that the 44,000 miles to-date in 18 months (mostly highway, but lots of dense city traffic as well) have been more-or-less trouble-free with the exception of some niggling issues with the TeleMatics system requiring system re-boots. The ride is just a bit rough as befits a low-slung sporty vehicle, but not uncomfortable. Handling is superb. Pickup is best above 2000 RPM, which means acceleration for passing or emergency reaction while already in motion is excellent; only middling from a standing start. I love the display including the heads up screen on top of the dash in front of the driver. The combo bluetooth hands-free voice recognition phone, and navigation and audio systems' functionality take some getting used to, but then are a breeze. Remote start works but takes a lot of getting used to operationally; could be simpler, I imagine. Safety is a big deal for me; my 2014 identical model was T-boned at full speed on the driver side by an SUV; my side, head and front airbags deployed in a nano-second, and as my phone went flying while my car was doing a full 180, the impact automatically triggered a call to 911 via bluetooth (I had programmed it so, thankfully). I was able to talk to EMS without moving a muscle from under the airbags. I walked away shaken but unscathed even though the car was totaled. I immediately ordered the identical model in the 2015 model year. The car looks great; I got lots of compliments before the 2014-2016 Mazda 3s became more commonplace on the roads (early-on when I had the 2014 -- the first of this current model re-design -- some people regularly mistook it for a luxury vehicle). Good value for the money."

2015 3 Hatchback, s Grand Touring trim, auto trans

By on Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Pros: "FUN Factor, engine, handling, ergonomics, quality"

Cons: "Not the quietest re road noise. Not the cheapest."

"We bought this car new in early Jan. 2015. Read all the car mag reviews, Test drove the Accord, Civic & others 1st. Our "3-GT" is used daily to & from work, etc. To date: No problems whatsoever! Car still looks & feels like the day we bought it. Getting great mileage in spite of the fact that this car is SO much FUN to drive! Highway cruises at 80 mph easily; Completely at ease & stable w car not feeling pushed/strained. Superior handling, a really, really, spunky engine that loves to go.The car feels faster 0-60 than the specs indicate. Sitting in front, car just fits so well, never feels cramped. Lots of high tech, great ergonomics. Only complaints are the Mrs. insisted on getting auto trans. & car isn't the quietest re road noise. LOVE this car. Hatchback is roomy, very versatile. When my Acura dies, this then current "3" hatchback & the Miata, both (w manual trans) will be on my top 5 list of cars to check out. For this price range, this car is so close to perfect! I've been so impressed w this car & Mazda. (This is our 1st. Mazda) If you can, spend a few bucks more & get the Grand Touring.. it's worth it! Hate sounding like a commercial but I'm rarely this impressed about any new purchase."

Best car so far.

By on Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Pros: "Just about everything."

Cons: "Only 3 speakers for the radio."

"Replaced my 99 Mustang V6 with this 2015 Mazda 3. I got 300000 miles on the mustang and expect the same with this Mazda. Although it is smaller 2.0 vs 3.8 and is Automatic vs 5 speed manual, this car is just as quick. It may not be as throaty, but still has a pleasant sporty tone. The electronic features are amazing. I bought it because it has blind spot detectors (i-touring model) and a rear-view backup camera. The car has mileage efficiency similar to hybrids in the same class car. The interior is superior."

hate getting out of it

By on Thursday, July 9, 2015

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "adults might be uncomfortable in the back seat"

"Only downside is that the back seat is a touch small but it is a compact car. However the front is amazingly roomy. I'm 6'3" and I don't even have to put the seat all the way back. The throaty sound of the exhaust is very pleasing and the gas mileage is amazing especially considering how sporty the drive is. Also very safe my wife got t-boned at 30 mph,no brakes and only got a bruise on her arm so we immediately bought another."

Better than expected fun,looks, mpg,

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pros: "Driver's car, lots of fun"

Cons: "None so far"

show room

"Car feels and drives more like a much more expensive car. Plenty of get up and go and very nimble on it's feet. Lots of room in the back . The mpg is as stated or better. Has a sports car feel. Even the doors feel solid.Nice sound system with the tech package. Mazda sure has got this one right. The Zoom zoom is back!"

show room

Best Vehicle Iv'e Owned To Date!

By on Saturday, May 3, 2014

"To start off I purchased the 2014 Mazda 3 Sport grand Touring. My previous vehicle was the past generation 2010 Mazda Sport Grand Touring. First comes first, this new generation is absolutely fantastic! Everything about the car screams quality, fit and finish, and a company thats dedicated to their customers and really listens to what WE want in our cars. This car has exceeded every expectation I had including ones I didn't even know I should of had. The design is stunning, I get compliments everywhere I go and everyone seems to be amazed when they sit in my car and find out it's a Mazda. The interior quality is best in class, and it's worth every bit of the premium I paid for the GT version. The leather is soft and the red stitching really makes it pop. The dash design is awesome, and it takes queues from Audi, and Bmw. The ride quality is also very good, soft when it should be, and rough when you want to step on the gas. Fuel efficiently isn't something I really worry about since I have a lead foot but according to the car I am already getting better then my "old" Mazda. Now, I had the option to get the Audi or Bmw, but I kept having my doubts about so many complaints owners were having with their cars and it took me about since this car launched to officially decide to do away with the higher end cars and stick to Mazda. I am so glad I did because I know in the long run this car will have cheap maintenance and be very fun to drive without having to give up on those luxury features of todays times. The navigation infotainment system is really nice to use, the car looks great, drives great, is reliable, and will continue to put a smile on my face when I get inside and put it in drive. My suggestion is if you can afford the SGT model, I would definitely go for it you will not be disappointed and it's really worth what you pay for it. Highly recommend this car and I really appreciate whoever takes the time to read this novel of a review! Enjoy your Zoom Zoom everyone!"

2014 Mazda3 S Grand Touring 4 door

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Features, interior quality, handlng, mpg"

Cons: "Early gears are high, 2.5 needs manual, poor tires"

"Traded from a Mitsubishi Evo to this car after growing tired with the other cars' ride, terrible mpg and interior, road noise, and general maintenance costs and the fact that I was paying for a "race car" that I rarely enjoyed in that fashion. The fact that I chose this car speaks volumes of the Mazda's features and capabilities as a daily driver for someone who wants some fun and lots of features in their daily commute. So far I absolutely love this car and feel like it is an excellent travelling companion ! Responsive engine and great handling for a fwd as well as very light compared to most cars on the road. Mine has the tech package so the only thing I would change would be the factory tires (aweful in snow) and maybe 10-15 more hp and to decrease the gearing in the first few gears. Love this car so much that I would happily trade for one with a manual down the road !"

Perfect for city/hwy sporty commute

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "Fuel efficient 2.5L, solid ride, head up display"

Cons: "No complimentary oil change"

"The Mazda 3S sedan certainly feels very sturdy compared to my previous car, a 2010 Corolla, specially when taking sharp turns, changing lanes in busy traffic, or simply when a speeding tractor-trailer crosses you. The brake is super responsive, and the acceleration is decent without the sport mode turned on, and superb in the sport mode. With the 18" alloy wheels, thin tires, and sport tuned suspension, the ride feels very sporty (to be positive) or stiff (to be negative). But I guess that's a matter of taste. In rush hour (50-55mph), I average about 41mpg. At off-peak freeway (70-75mph) or in local traffic (35-40mph), it is about 35mpg. Very decent numbers for a 2.5L engine :-) I cannot overstate just how cool and convenient the head-up display unit is. It let's you keep your eyes on the road while getting lane/turn instructions from the GPS, and otherwise simply track cruising activity. The steering wheel mounted paddle shifters are awesome when driving on hilly roads, and the leatherette seats feels as soft as leather :-) Although the awkwardly placed GPS unit looks like an aftermarket addition, it is very easy to navigate with the knob and quick access buttons while driving, which is same as what the 2015 Audi A3 has. However, my Mazda 3 LCD touchscreen's display as well as the infotainment features layout both feel much fancier and easier to use. It's a bummer that some of the best features are only available in the S GT trim, including radar cruise (although the S Touring has a radar in front, deactivated!), adaptive headlight, and rain sensing wiper. Also, if you want non-black interior, S GT is the only trim you will find that in. But what is totally maddening is that you do *not* get automatic headlight on the $25K Mazda 3 S, something that even my 2010 Corolla base sedan had. You have to bump all the way up to S GT with tech package for that ... I mean, seriously? Also, unlike essentially every other automaker, Mazda *does not* provide any complimentary maintenance (oil change etc.) for the first 2-3 years :-("

Love it!

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, safe, fast, reliable"

Cons: "Worry about new technology breaking someday."

"I did months of research trying to find a sporty, powerful, safe, reliable vehicle to replace my ancient 1998 Honda Civic EX. I drove a Subaru CrossTrek and discovered how much I really hate CVT engines. I'm a little bit of a car enthusiast, and the blender appliance sounds and lack of true gear shifting control made me feel car sick. From that point on, I knew I was looking for a manual transmission. . A lot of car makers are abandoning manual transmissions that include any bells and whistles, so I had limited selection. Reliability and safety are very important to me, and a Honda or Toyota would have fit the bill nicely, but I wanted something truly sporty that had a little kick when you lay down on the acceleration pedal. None of the 4 door small car models by Honda or Toyota would have fit the bill. I thought about the Ford Focus Sport model but I didn't like the reliability ratings, and I also thought about the Subaru WRX, but it was slightly out of my price range and the dealers can't keep them in stock to test drive. . I decided to test drive the 6 speed, 2.5 Liter, Mazda 3 because it was more powerful than most of the competition small car models, it is very safe, and it looks very sexy. . Not only does this car feel fast and sporty, its refined, and has a huge amount of safety features. The cabin is quiet, the ride is smooth, the manual shifting points are refined and easy to navigate. It even has a roll back prevention feature so if you are stuck on an inclined hill and have to start rolling forward using your clutch, you won't roll backwards. No need to ride the clutch while you release the emergency brake while driving in Seattle or Tacoma! . I fell in love with this car as soon as I test drove it. Unlike the Honda and Toyota, this thing has pep and a really amazing engine. It goes when you want it to go. It has no hesitation. It can rocket off the line, and yet it gets almost 40mpg. . It is also a top safety pick by the IIHS, which makes me feel much more comfortable than riding in both the Toyota and Honda, which both had dismal scores in the front overlap tests last year. I know my family will be safe riding in this car. . I love this car. I was totally blown away with the comfort, the safety features, the refinement of the interior, and the value. I originally wanted a BMW or Lexus but couldn't afford one. I could have waited to buy a WRX, but I feel like this car has plenty of power to make my commute to work fun and entertaining. I'll save money on gas as well. . I highly recommend you drive this car in the 2.5 sport version, with leather. It's amazing. I feel incredibly fortunate to have found this car with a manual transmission. It's really fun to drive. It's exactly what I was looking for, and I don't feel like I'm missing out by not driving a Subaru WRX, BMW, or Lexus."

It's fun to drive, powerful, comfortable & sexy:)

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "This car is so fun to drive and has great power!"

Cons: "Infotainment system has some bugs that need work"

"Traded in my honda civic for the Mazda3 GT s hatchback and haven't looked back. Don't get me wrong, the civic was very reliable and cheap to maintain but a total dud to drive (even with a manual transmission). Love love love driving my new Mazda. It handles great, has the power I always craved but never got from my civic and it feels well made and safe. The interior is comfortable and kinda sexy at the same time. Didn't think I needed the heated leather seats with dual climate control but now that I have them I can't imagine my commute without them! Sound system also makes for a great driving experience - infotainment system has some bugs but I hear Mazda has software updates to address these so I need to bring it to the Dealer to uploaded these; apparently the fix is free. I did spend more than I would have liked for the top of the line model but if you don't want all the bells and whistles you can get a more reasonably priced model."

Love my new car!

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "Great mpg, Fun to drive, great interior"

Cons: "cup holders, cd player at bottom of console"

"Bought a 2014 Touring Hatchback a little over a week ago. This is my second car after having an old 01 corolla for the last 8 years. This car in person is absolutely beautiful! Compared to many in it's class it is very mature looking. The interior is well set up. I don't have the navigation and I like how the radio is set up. The materials on the inside feel good and aren't cheap plastic looking. I like how the dash looks but sometimes reading the speedometer is hard when traveling at highway speeds because the dashes are small. On the highway it is surprisingly quiet and feels solid. Back roads it feels planted when going into curves and doesn't have much body roll. Having driven quite a bit city driving I have so far averaged about 33 mpg."

Top+ Safety, sporty, versatile, great on gas

By on Thursday, May 14, 2015

Pros: "Does just about everything right"

Cons: "No daytime running lights"

"The Mazda is a pleasure to drive, with an eager engine and responsive and precise steering. On the highway with adaptive cruise activated, the car is on its way to driving itself; all we have to do is steer. Or, if we take more assertive control, the car lives up to its Grand Touring name. And, we’re very comfortable either way. Mazda undersells their engine technology. They have boosted thermodynamic efficiency by increasing the compression ratio to near-diesel levels, achieving near-diesel fuel efficiency on regular gas. Oh, but without the particulates, and while retaining the “zoom, zoom.” Our Mazda’s blind-spot warning beeps for mall shopping carts, and for dicey lane changes. The heads-up display makes it easy to check your speed while keeping your eyes on the road. Next turn navigation information also cleverly appears there. The Bose audio system offers superb sound, clean and crisp with authoritative bass; better than in many luxury cars. The navigation system is straightforward to control, especially via voice commands. And it gets you there. We leave the wipers on auto, and they find the right speed from intermittent to frantic. Similarly, the auto light setting turns on the lights and high beams according to how dark it is and whether there’s oncoming traffic, auto-dimming accordingly. The key fob is kind of magic; I just keep it in my pocket, and doors open and the car starts with simple presses of buttons. The navigation system once drew an annoying blank when we stated an address. It just timed out without asking for a repetition. One feature we miss is a seat adjustment memory; it’s a bit of a nuisance to fiddle with the seat each time my wife and I swap the car."

One month in, love it more every day!

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Great value, Good overall quality, Fun to drive"

Cons: "Could use a little more power"

"I just bought a 2015 Mazda 3i sport hatchback, by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. Mazda put out an all around solid product for an excellent price. If you are in the market for a compact car you would be crazy not to take one out for a test drive. The handling is crisp and smooth, the fuel economy is at the top of its class, especially if you aren't interested in spending the extra cash for a hybrid or a diesel. From 2014 to 2015 they made the infotainment center option standard on all but the SV model. Having the command controller makes navigating through media center menus quick and easy, much more intuitive than similar systems in other cars. The interior feels like it belongs in a more expensive vehicle. I bought the base model, and still feel like everything has a good clean professional feel. The bold new exterior is sure to impress, I still smile every time I step into the garage. I have the manual transmission, the shifter throws are short and crisp, and the clutch responds nicely. Do yourself a favor, read some more reviews, go for a few test drives, and buy a Mazda 3. You wont regret it."

Good driving dynamics but issues with navi

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "Good driving dynamics, reponsive, fun to drive"

Cons: "could get little pricy, nav issue"

"First time purchasing Mazda cars. looks nice and many options (safety and convenience features) than similar vehicle class(small sedan). I got 2014 Mazda sGT with tech package. Great radar cruise control and high beam control, not to mention land departure warning system! high tech in a afforable small sedan. However, after 2000 miles (about 2 months after I purchased), I noticed auto-reboot on my nav unit while driving. It continued to do so until I completely shut off the car and restart. Mazda dealer updated the nav to a newer version. I thought it solved the problem. NO. It came back again. long story short. Now, 5500miles in 5 months of owning the vehicle, I visited my local dealer 4 times regarding nav problem. I know the manufacturer is still working on fixing the issue(s) with nav unit. get a car without Nav, then you'll be fine. little lower MPG than advertised with normal driving. (not spirited driving)"

After 18 months I love this car more than ever

By on Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Pros: "Fuel economy, handles well, infotainment system"

Cons: "None yet"

"I drove all the compact hatchbacks, with special attention to those with manual transmissions. I ended up choosing a Mazda 3 iGrandTouring. My reasons at the time were, of all the cars in its class, it was by far the most fun to drive and it got the best fuel economy. While those reasons still hold true true today, now I love it for other reasons. The screen and knob combination quite simply is easier and better to use than any system I have seen on any car, ever. It works so well, with hardly a thought or movement I can check the map, look for the nearest Wawa, get a traffic report, and change the music. The overall style of the car is really nice, both inside and outside. My gas mileage the first year came in right at 36.0 and so far this year is 37.4. Those are the combined numbers, not just highway. And it is so fun to drive, it loves to accelerate and practically jumps into corners. Everything on the car still feels tight, like this thing is really well made for the long haul. Good thing, because I plan on keeping this for quite a while!"

Great car for the price.

By on Friday, September 11, 2015

Pros: "Excellent small car overall"

Cons: "Low to the ground and hard to exit (for big guys)."

"Amazing the power and acceleration in such a small engine. Great handling car. Terrific gas milage (38.7 mpg). ."

Dont let this one slip by ........

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Great Gas Mileage, Fun to drive... everything is a"

"If you are shopping for a sporty comapct car, then this is the 'ONE.' After much debate and research, we elected to buy the 2015 Mazda 6 speed hatchback. Was looking for something with great gas milesage without having the cost for an Electric or Hybrid and I could not be happier. The fact that it rides and feels like a sports car is a huge incentive and has allowed me to put the "FUN" back into driving. Don't let this one slip by ... take the plunge and buy one."

Best suspension and handling.

By on Monday, March 28, 2016

Pros: "Good price for reliable, fun, and tech"

Cons: "Poor instrument cluster and HVAC controls."

"I got the Grand Touring hatchback. Pros: Has a premium feel without the premium price. I'd say it's like driving a BMW w/out the overbearing performance. The handling, cornering, and suspension are top notch. The Engine is decent at 155HP for me to go up very steep mountains (St Louis Heights), and long inclines (H3, and LikeLike hwy). There could be more power for freeway onramps but it's good enough. With mixed city and freeway driving I'm getting 32mpg. You'd probably get a lot better if you drive on flat roads but I have a lot of hills and mountains. You wonder why people buy Hyundai, Corolla, and Civics after driving this as long as you don't get the base model. Infotainment is pretty good although it freezes once in a while on some of my hour long MP3s via the USB flash drive. I like not having to touch the screen with the controls near the gear shifter like BMW and Audi have. I want a mute button on the steering wheel though, not just a volume control. The Grand Touring comes w/ a Bose system w/ 9" sub-woofers in the two front doors. Decent bass w/out the need for a subwoofer in the rear. Cons: HVAC controls aren't intuitive. I prefer 3 large dials like other cars have (Fan speed, Temperature, and Mode) so I can adjust it without looking down so much. The instrument cluster needs to have larger displays. Speedometer is pretty small and with small print so you can't easily tell if you are going 5 or 15mph over the posted speed limit. I take more time reading the instrument cluster than in other cars which means I take my eyes off the road. A rear quarter fender bender meant having to change my entire rear bumper which cost the at fault person about $1,600. There is a way to hack the infotainment system so you can use it while in motion and play videos but don't have the time for that yet. You'd have to use a USB to ethernet adapter and run some command line code to enable wifi. After that you can hack it wirelessly. For reference, previous cars I've driven: 2010 Mazda 3, 2008 Lexus ES350, 2000 Lexus ES300, 2005 Scion TC, 2005 Toyota Matrix, 1999 Toyota Corolla, 1992 BMW 525, 1989 BMW 325i"

Incredible car. Great value!

By on Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Pros: "Best car for your dollar on the market"

Cons: "Don't see any yet"

"I did not think I could get a car so refined and elegant for under $23,000 in 2015 (maybe in 1995). It makes you wonder what someone paying $50,000 is getting that this car doesn't have. Wood trim? Easy decision."

awesome and I love it!

By on Saturday, February 28, 2015

Pros: "awesome"

Cons: "not everyone owns one"

"Bought this car in late summer 2014. First off, the dealership was awesome, second--the price was perfect and third---I love this car!!! Mazda owners since 2003 and I will continue buying Mazda. Gas mileage?-awesome. Comfort?-sweet. Options?-perfect.Style and drive-ability-awesome. Buy one and enjoy driving again."

Great quality interior, nice gadgets

By on Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Pros: "Equipment, interior design, gadgets, fuel economy"

Cons: "Seats could be wider, no rear A/C ducts"

"I've owned this car for a couple of months now. I haven't done a lot of miles but this car is great so far *knock wood*. As soon as you open the door you can see the quality of the interior. I think Mazda really have outdone themselves on the new 3 GT. The plastics are of a deep black color and seem high quality. There is no creaking or other sounds. The seats look like Recaros but they could be wider. The red stitching is superb. Steering wheel, controls, the display, nav everything is great. Control knob for the multimedia device seems of high quality, a really nice touch. Seat heating is superb. Car seems to heat the cabin up quickly. Did I mention the sound system? It's Bose and that things kicks. It's really fuel efficient. The little Fiat 500 consumes a lot more gas than this. Cabin noise is low tho the factory tires produce a lot of noise."

Best car in it's class

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "See above"

Cons: "See above"

"My wife needed an economical car with decent interior space. We checked all the major manufacturers, and chose the Mazda3 for it's reliability, excellent MPG and it's appearance. Reliability: Mazda3 has had a long history of being a reliable car, if my internet research is accurate. There are reports of the 2nd generation of Mazda3 owners hitting 70K miles with just simple maintenance, and very little after that towards 100K. Gas mileage: We have the I Touring, and on the 70 mile drive home, I averaged 42 MPG. I'd say 35% of that was city driving, and the rest highway/rural back roads. Today, my wife drove it to work (5-10% city, the rest highway) and averaged a whopping 47 MPG (the stats had been reset by me before she left). To give you an idea of the savings we realized, her previous vehicle was a Chevy Trailblazer, which hit 20 MPG if she was lucky. Appearance: Of all the cars in it's class, we felt the Mazda3 was the best looking of the bunch. Very aggressive and sporty. The only other car we felt looked nearly as good, was the Civic coupe, but it didn't have the interior requirements we needed. Cons: The only things I can really find fault with is: - the tachometer is small, and has that cheap 1980's digital appearance to it. Mazda had a real chance of giving us the WOW factor, and at least in this case, it was a disappointment. It does function as it should, however. - Prone to fingerprints. The black trim on the exterior doors really grabs and hold fingerprints. Even after the short time we've owned the car, there are a load of them all over the trim, and I foresee us having to either avoid touching them, or wash them frequently. - Delicate exterior paint - We have the Soul red paint, and it and the white are the only ones that have a triple coating (that's a good thing - triple coat) BUT the paint seems more vulnerable to nicks and scratches than paint on other vehicles we have owned. It's not falling off, or showing signs of degrading already, but I had to have a very small section of paint repaired by the dealer the second day we had it. These are all small quibbles on an otherwise great car. The only other thing that really burns my bacon, is that the 2015 models (except baseline sedan) will have the current Infotainment package (7" screen, $1,600 option) come as STANDARD, and fog lights ($370 option) also appear to also come as standard. I would've waited the 2 months or so if I had known. We're still quite happy with the vehicle, and intend to keep it at least 5 years, probably longer if it proves to be as reliable as my research indicated."

I have been highly pleased with my Mazda3.

By on Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Pros: "Style, value, great drive, fuel economy, power."

Cons: "Front Wheel Drive, no option for a turbocharger."

"I have owned this vehicle for a year, now. And, I have adored it. Mazdas have a reputation for being quality vehicles that are also inexpensive; the 2014 Mazda3 S Touring is no exception. The car is a joy to drive, great to look at, and has yet to offer any mechanical or electrical issues (granted, that is only at ~13500 miles, so far). And the car's fuel economy is not bad, either! For such a small car the M3 offers a fair about of cargo space. And even more space is offered when the rear seats fold down. And the car is very comfortable to be in. I have only had the opportunity to sit in the rear seats on two or three occasions, but, they were still very comfortable."

Disappointed

By on Sunday, December 28, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, hugs corners fairly well"

Cons: "Cheaply made, not a long term vehicle"

"Reviewed vehicles for a year online before deciding to look at Mazda. What pulled me to the dealership was the Mazda 3 was rated as highest resale in its class. The car is great looking IMO. It initially reminded me of my brother in laws old 924 (not exactly alike but reminded me of it). I've had the car nine months and the driver's seat already has a permanent crease in it. The back seat is starting to get one on the passenger side. Still have the car I had before this one. It's 8 years old with no creases anywhere.... This car is not going to last 8 years. After thoroughly cleaning the back seats for the first time I noticed how thin the material is. It is scary thin. Waiting until summer and I'm trading it in. Don't go from a Jetta TDI to this. Doesn't compare in quality. Very disappointed."

The BEST daily driver I've ever had

By on Sunday, August 2, 2015

Pros: "Great value, premium feel, excellent performance"

Cons: "small rear window"

"Wow. You know before this car, I had never given Mazda much thought (being a Toyota/Ford owner). But, after taking a look at what they had to offer, I decided to test drive the Mazda3 Hatch. I was looking for a daily driver that had the extra storage space available from a hatch back, while getting good gas mileage. This car gave me exactly what I wanted and more. I picked this car up for around $22k new with the upgraded center console (which works very well) and the Bose sound system. The interior is very nice and the seats are comfortable. From an aesthetic and passenger comfort point of view, it *feels* like a much more expensive car. From a performance perspective, this car is excellent. The steering is tight and responsive, the throttle response is instant. And despite having only 155hp/150torque on paper, the car manages to hold its own very well even with 4-5 passengers or a full load of cargo. I drive mostly on the highway, and get about 35mpg combined (39-42 to and from work on the highway). Not as impressive as some other people I've heard of, but still very nice on the wallet. There are other 'little' things, like the keyless entry and pushbutton start, cruise control that automatically downshifts when going downhill, backup camera, blind spot warnings, etc. that really give this car a 'premium' feel at a very reasonable price point. The only two things I've noticed that bug me are the extremely small rear window (which is compensated for by the backup cam) and the car's tendency to stay in lower gears for two long after passing someone on the highway. But these are really minor and shouldn't deter anyone from considering the car. Overall, I'm very happy and would (have) recommend this to anyone looking for the same type of vehicle that I was."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next