2014 Mazda MAZDA3 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,524 - $24,251.

10/8.5

Based on 33 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

OK but I like my 2005 Mazda 3 (2.3 liter) better.

By on Wednesday, January 21, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "Nice ride, plenty of power, interesting styling."

Cons: "Too many gadgets, cramped feeling drivers seat."

"I recently had a chance to drive a fully loaded 2015 Mazda 3 (2.5 liter) with the Grand Touring package, and while it was impressive, I actually like my 2005 model better. In comparing the two, the new model feels too cluttered, too crowded, and too complicated. Call me old fashioned but I prefer analog gauges over digital and I did not like the touch screen interface; after a few days it was covered with fingerprints. Yes, my 2005 model didn't have Bluetooth, but other than that I really didn't need all the bells and whistles on the new car. I mean, come on! Automatic wipers and headlights? I know when to turn on my wipers and headlights and I don't need my car to decide for me. My next car won't be a Mazda, sad to say; instead I'm looking at a VW Passat with the Wolfsburg package - it has no touch screen but instead a real honest to goodness radio that looks and performs like a radio should."

My Third Mazda, no compliants yet !

By on Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Pros: "Great Mileage, well built, solid car."

Cons: "Ride could be smoother over rough or gravely road"

"I have had my 2015 Mazda 3 Touring for a little over a month now. I traded in my Hyundai, wanted something that was a little more fun and sporty to drive. So far I am very happy with my new Mazda. Over the years I have owned 2 other Mazda vehicles, they have always been reliable and well built. I think the key is they are not mass produced in large numbers, they keep it a mid size car company which seems to work out just fine. My 2015 Mazda 3 is well built, the interior is close to the BMW 3 series. I was not crazy about the control knob and screen on the dash, but after a few weeks you learn to like it and it becomes second nature to use it without looking down at it. The car is sporty and fun to drive. The ride is a bit harsh, but that comes with the Zoom Zoom handling, or at least that is what I was told. The car is well made, and mileage has been great, over 36 mpg most of the time and on trips it inches into the low 40s. Find a Mazda dealership and make an offer, you will enjoy this car. The only change I would have made was to sell my 2013 Hyundai to a private party, the dealerships always seem to lowball you on the trade. Beyond that, love the Mazda and looking forward to test driving the new CX3 when it comes out."

Disappointed

By on Sunday, December 28, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, hugs corners fairly well"

Cons: "Cheaply made, not a long term vehicle"

"Reviewed vehicles for a year online before deciding to look at Mazda. What pulled me to the dealership was the Mazda 3 was rated as highest resale in its class. The car is great looking IMO. It initially reminded me of my brother in laws old 924 (not exactly alike but reminded me of it). I've had the car nine months and the driver's seat already has a permanent crease in it. The back seat is starting to get one on the passenger side. Still have the car I had before this one. It's 8 years old with no creases anywhere.... This car is not going to last 8 years. After thoroughly cleaning the back seats for the first time I noticed how thin the material is. It is scary thin. Waiting until summer and I'm trading it in. Don't go from a Jetta TDI to this. Doesn't compare in quality. Very disappointed."

Very Good Bang For The Bucl

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pros: "Great Price, Fun To Drive, Smooth and Quiet"

Cons: "The side bottle holders vs traditional side panals"

"This is my 3rd Mazda. Protege 5, Speed 3 and now 2014 model which I have own for a couple of months. The car is right in the middle of the other two Mazda's I have owned. It's smoother, quieter and handles the twisties on par with the PR5. It's so quiet compared to the other cars I almost went to sleep driving to Northern California on my maiden trip. I go back and forth from So Cal to No Cal every 2 weeks. Clutch and 6 speed is smooth unlike the Speed3. 2014 with manual didn't come with 184 hp but the 155 hp has enough power going up the Grapevine Mtn here in CA. My only con is that I'm not getting quite the mpg as advertised. 29 overall ... 37 hwy. I drive around 78-80 so I figure I would get 40 if I driver slower which I have to achieve that number (70 mph). One other thing ...the 4th is short if you follow the shift suggestion. All my Mazda's have been reliable with no major problems other than normal maintenance. Drove PR5 for 235,000 and regretted selling it. I had a cold air filter and chipped for the power that car should have had 150 hp to stock 130. So the 2014 Mazda 3 which weighs slightly more (70 lbs) has enough zoom to give balance of power and mileage. I would say the Mazda 3 is more of a grand touring car than a sports car like the PR5 and Miata. People like its looks. Motor Trend just rated the VW Golf a better car though it gets less mpg and cost more to operate over a projected 5 years. Myself, I've own a VW and their reliability is not even close to a Mazda."

Zoom-Zoom

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, plenty of power, lots of features."

Cons: "Visibility out rear window is limited."

"I bought this car 9 months ago because I am driving 82 miles round trip to and from work. When I decided to buy this car the only things I were really concerned about were gas mileage, and cost of ownership. I was extremely impressed by everything else this car had to offer. The iTouring model comes with some really nice perks such as blind spot monitoring, and blu tooth connect with the stereo. The performance of the engine is amazing as well. For having 156 hp this thing really moves. It is almost as fast as my 2004 Ralliart which has around 170 hp. On my drive home and for a month or so afterwards the car seemed to want to jump in and out of the tracks on the road. I couldn't tell if this was due to the tires or the car itself but after it's first scheduled maintenance I have had no problems with the tracking. After 2 oil changes the car averages around 40 mpg combined. I did notice that I will get anywhere from 43-46 mpg immediately after an oil change, while getting around 36-38 right before the 10,000 mile oil change. The only problem I seem to have right now is the trunk is very high which limits the visibility out the rear window."