2014 Mazda MAZDA3 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,824 - $25,677.

10/8.5

9.3

Based on 29 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Very Good Bang For The Bucl

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pros: "Great Price, Fun To Drive, Smooth and Quiet"

Cons: "The side bottle holders vs traditional side panals"

"This is my 3rd Mazda. Protege 5, Speed 3 and now 2014 model which I have own for a couple of months. The car is right in the middle of the other two Mazda's I have owned. It's smoother, quieter and handles the twisties on par with the PR5. It's so quiet compared to the other cars I almost went to sleep driving to Northern California on my maiden trip. I go back and forth from So Cal to No Cal every 2 weeks. Clutch and 6 speed is smooth unlike the Speed3. 2014 with manual didn't come with 184 hp but the 155 hp has enough power going up the Grapevine Mtn here in CA. My only con is that I'm not getting quite the mpg as advertised. 29 overall ... 37 hwy. I drive around 78-80 so I figure I would get 40 if I driver slower which I have to achieve that number (70 mph). One other thing ...the 4th is short if you follow the shift suggestion. All my Mazda's have been reliable with no major problems other than normal maintenance. Drove PR5 for 235,000 and regretted selling it. I had a cold air filter and chipped for the power that car should have had 150 hp to stock 130. So the 2014 Mazda 3 which weighs slightly more (70 lbs) has enough zoom to give balance of power and mileage. I would say the Mazda 3 is more of a grand touring car than a sports car like the PR5 and Miata. People like its looks. Motor Trend just rated the VW Golf a better car though it gets less mpg and cost more to operate over a projected 5 years. Myself, I've own a VW and their reliability is not even close to a Mazda."

Zoom-Zoom

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, plenty of power, lots of features."

Cons: "Visibility out rear window is limited."

"I bought this car 9 months ago because I am driving 82 miles round trip to and from work. When I decided to buy this car the only things I were really concerned about were gas mileage, and cost of ownership. I was extremely impressed by everything else this car had to offer. The iTouring model comes with some really nice perks such as blind spot monitoring, and blu tooth connect with the stereo. The performance of the engine is amazing as well. For having 156 hp this thing really moves. It is almost as fast as my 2004 Ralliart which has around 170 hp. On my drive home and for a month or so afterwards the car seemed to want to jump in and out of the tracks on the road. I couldn't tell if this was due to the tires or the car itself but after it's first scheduled maintenance I have had no problems with the tracking. After 2 oil changes the car averages around 40 mpg combined. I did notice that I will get anywhere from 43-46 mpg immediately after an oil change, while getting around 36-38 right before the 10,000 mile oil change. The only problem I seem to have right now is the trunk is very high which limits the visibility out the rear window."

Great car but with flaws!

By on Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Pros: "Great gas milage, fun to drive, appealing design,"

Cons: "Road-wind noise, alignment problem, tight backseat"

"I have the hatch version, 2.0L engine for roughly 6 months with one oil change from the dealer. So far the car was great. However it does have flaws, and I only give it 3/5 star. The one that border me most is the alignment problem. When going 60mph on highway, this car keeps leaning to the left by itself. I have to steer to keep it in the lane, that makes other drivers behind me think I'm drunk or something. Also, strong wind really got this car good."

Very nice car, disappointing gas mileage

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Precise steering, great handling, fun to drive"

Cons: "gas mileage, rear visibility,"

"We've owned our 2014 iSport hatchback for just about a year now. It looks great and still makes me smile every time I walk up to it. It handles beautifully, with very precise steering, and the base engine is surprisingly peppy. Great fun to drive and smooth and comfortable on the long trips. We have two big disappointments: 1. Our gas mileage is only 31.83 mpg (I measure every tank full) over the 10k miles and with a mix of about 50.50 city highway. The sticker calls for 35 city and 40 highway. 34 on an all highway tank was the best we've seen. 2. Rear visibility is limited, making reversing and parking a chore. Even the front visibility close in is sketchy. This is the only car I've ever owned that I couldn't drop precisely between the parking stripes first time, every time. This seems minor, but it is an irritation every day and has us considering whether this will be a long-term car or not."

One month in, love it more every day!

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Great value, Good overall quality, Fun to drive"

Cons: "Could use a little more power"

"I just bought a 2015 Mazda 3i sport hatchback, by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. Mazda put out an all around solid product for an excellent price. If you are in the market for a compact car you would be crazy not to take one out for a test drive. The handling is crisp and smooth, the fuel economy is at the top of its class, especially if you aren't interested in spending the extra cash for a hybrid or a diesel. From 2014 to 2015 they made the infotainment center option standard on all but the SV model. Having the command controller makes navigating through media center menus quick and easy, much more intuitive than similar systems in other cars. The interior feels like it belongs in a more expensive vehicle. I bought the base model, and still feel like everything has a good clean professional feel. The bold new exterior is sure to impress, I still smile every time I step into the garage. I have the manual transmission, the shifter throws are short and crisp, and the clutch responds nicely. Do yourself a favor, read some more reviews, go for a few test drives, and buy a Mazda 3. You wont regret it."

Dont let this one slip by ........

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Great Gas Mileage, Fun to drive... everything is a"

"If you are shopping for a sporty comapct car, then this is the 'ONE.' After much debate and research, we elected to buy the 2015 Mazda 6 speed hatchback. Was looking for something with great gas milesage without having the cost for an Electric or Hybrid and I could not be happier. The fact that it rides and feels like a sports car is a huge incentive and has allowed me to put the "FUN" back into driving. Don't let this one slip by ... take the plunge and buy one."

Excellent Addition to Mazda 3 Generation

By on Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, refined, great standard features"

Cons: "Little pricey"

"I used to own a 2012 Mazda 3 with the revamped engine but I traded it in for the 2014 I Touring with its refined features. I have had little reason to regret my decision. The car is edgy, fun to drive and for only a 156 HP engine has quite a bit of get up and go. More importantly, the shifts are smoother than my 12 and engine and road noise has been limited. The standard slate of good features in my old 12 have been brought into this car. The stereo system is excellent and the user controls are simple. Mazda significantly revamped its interior to add refinement and the seating is much more comfortable. The fabric is deeper and smoother for example. All in all, this is a car I could easily keep for a decade, especially since its MPG is likely to keep it competitive with newer cars in the segment for some time to come."

Great vehicle for value!

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, good gas mileage."

Cons: "Low head room."

"I bought this car 5 months ago in May and have been very happy with it. I traded in my '08 Ford Fusion for the '14 Mazda 3 Sedan and gained 12 MPG. Every 2 gallons I save a gallon of gas. Yes it went from a V6 to a 4 cylinder but the car still has plenty of acceleration if needed. Runs fairly quiet. Interior design is nice and looks clean. Only option I have is the moon roof but it doesn't feel like a low end car. The Deep Crystal Blue has a tendency to look black in low light situations but sparkles in the sun. It uses synthetic oil so oil changes are not needed as often but is more expensive. Back seat has limited leg room as is expected in this car's segment but the trunk still has lots of room and the seats fold down for more storage capacity. Overall I would recommend this car to anyone looking for good gas mileage. Car handles corners well and has the power shifting so you can take control if you want."

Best small car overall

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "Great fun to drive, great mileage, best interface"

Cons: "No manual in 2.5 L engine"

"When shopping I drove all the small cars that came in a hatchback, and that came in manual. This one was the most fun to drive except the Focus ST and Fiesta ST. It gets the best gas mileage. I think it also looks the best. So got this one. Nine months in, it is awesome. No problems, it drives like a dream, and the user interface of the car is better than any other car I've driven. The knob that controls the stereo, GPS, your Facebook page, etc, is just about flawless, and syncs perfectly with the screen. The screen btw is in the perfect spot. It is insane- it can go through my phone contacts, update my Facebook status, find the nearest WaWa, show me the traffic report, guide me to any destination. And the key is it works better than any other system I've seen. Driving the car is fantastic. A notch below sports car, but my 2.0 manual is super responsive, and the car corners like a dream. A monitor tracks your overall mileage and I am at 34.8 mpg, which includes many hours of idling during last year's snowy winter. It was around 30 in March and has been climbing ever since. The gas mileage has been just as good as advertised. Interior is okay, stereo is okay, but honestly I'm not a connoisseur of those things. Rear storage space is smaller than I expected, due to the way they make things aerodynamic, but still enough for long camping trips with two mountain bikes inside. Overall I have only positive things to say!"

Great little car

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

"I drive this to and from work every day. all surface streets gets 28 to 30 mpg."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next