2014 Mazda MAZDA3 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,228 - $19,785.

10/8.5

9.4

Based on 20 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Great little car

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

"I drive this to and from work every day. all surface streets gets 28 to 30 mpg."

Great vehicle at any price.....

By on Monday, October 13, 2014

Pros: "Looks and drives like a much more expensive car."

Cons: "No seat memory for when my wife takes my car."

"Needed smaller vehicle to fit in the 2 car garage with my wife's Lexus CT Hybrid. The Mazda3 2.5 engine is fun to drive....lots of get up and go while feeling light and very quick to respond. Have had my Grand Touring edition for 4 months and traded my BMW 325 in. I am having more fun with my MAZDA!"

If You Really Like to Drive Buy Something Else

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

"I bought my Mazda 3 GTi 6MT this past July. Because I love to drive manual transmissions I had to go with the smaller 2.0L engine. The design and all of the tech on this car is great. Nice job Mazda. If you love to drive, however, go with something else. I appreciate Mazda trying to create a sporty car that also gets good MPGs, but unfortunately the engine just doesn't have the power to make this an exciting drive. Additionally, the seats are not very comfortable on long drives. I'm someone who buys a car and keeps it for 10-12 years, but I'm already looking to get something else, because I can't see myself being happy with this car for a decade."

Perfect for city/hwy sporty commute

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "Fuel efficient 2.5L, solid ride, head up display"

Cons: "No complimentary oil change"

"The Mazda 3S sedan certainly feels very sturdy compared to my previous car, a 2010 Corolla, specially when taking sharp turns, changing lanes in busy traffic, or simply when a speeding tractor-trailer crosses you. The brake is super responsive, and the acceleration is decent without the sport mode turned on, and superb in the sport mode. With the 18" alloy wheels, thin tires, and sport tuned suspension, the ride feels very sporty (to be positive) or stiff (to be negative). But I guess that's a matter of taste. In rush hour (50-55mph), I average about 41mpg. At off-peak freeway (70-75mph) or in local traffic (35-40mph), it is about 35mpg. Very decent numbers for a 2.5L engine :-) I cannot overstate just how cool and convenient the head-up display unit is. It let's you keep your eyes on the road while getting lane/turn instructions from the GPS, and otherwise simply track cruising activity. The steering wheel mounted paddle shifters are awesome when driving on hilly roads, and the leatherette seats feels as soft as leather :-) Although the awkwardly placed GPS unit looks like an aftermarket addition, it is very easy to navigate with the knob and quick access buttons while driving, which is same as what the 2015 Audi A3 has. However, my Mazda 3 LCD touchscreen's display as well as the infotainment features layout both feel much fancier and easier to use. It's a bummer that some of the best features are only available in the S GT trim, including radar cruise (although the S Touring has a radar in front, deactivated!), adaptive headlight, and rain sensing wiper. Also, if you want non-black interior, S GT is the only trim you will find that in. But what is totally maddening is that you do *not* get automatic headlight on the $25K Mazda 3 S, something that even my 2010 Corolla base sedan had. You have to bump all the way up to S GT with tech package for that ... I mean, seriously? Also, unlike essentially every other automaker, Mazda *does not* provide any complimentary maintenance (oil change etc.) for the first 2-3 years :-("

Love it!

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, safe, fast, reliable"

Cons: "Worry about new technology breaking someday."

"I did months of research trying to find a sporty, powerful, safe, reliable vehicle to replace my ancient 1998 Honda Civic EX. I drove a Subaru CrossTrek and discovered how much I really hate CVT engines. I'm a little bit of a car enthusiast, and the blender appliance sounds and lack of true gear shifting control made me feel car sick. From that point on, I knew I was looking for a manual transmission. . A lot of car makers are abandoning manual transmissions that include any bells and whistles, so I had limited selection. Reliability and safety are very important to me, and a Honda or Toyota would have fit the bill nicely, but I wanted something truly sporty that had a little kick when you lay down on the acceleration pedal. None of the 4 door small car models by Honda or Toyota would have fit the bill. I thought about the Ford Focus Sport model but I didn't like the reliability ratings, and I also thought about the Subaru WRX, but it was slightly out of my price range and the dealers can't keep them in stock to test drive. . I decided to test drive the 6 speed, 2.5 Liter, Mazda 3 because it was more powerful than most of the competition small car models, it is very safe, and it looks very sexy. . Not only does this car feel fast and sporty, its refined, and has a huge amount of safety features. The cabin is quiet, the ride is smooth, the manual shifting points are refined and easy to navigate. It even has a roll back prevention feature so if you are stuck on an inclined hill and have to start rolling forward using your clutch, you won't roll backwards. No need to ride the clutch while you release the emergency brake while driving in Seattle or Tacoma! . I fell in love with this car as soon as I test drove it. Unlike the Honda and Toyota, this thing has pep and a really amazing engine. It goes when you want it to go. It has no hesitation. It can rocket off the line, and yet it gets almost 40mpg. . It is also a top safety pick by the IIHS, which makes me feel much more comfortable than riding in both the Toyota and Honda, which both had dismal scores in the front overlap tests last year. I know my family will be safe riding in this car. . I love this car. I was totally blown away with the comfort, the safety features, the refinement of the interior, and the value. I originally wanted a BMW or Lexus but couldn't afford one. I could have waited to buy a WRX, but I feel like this car has plenty of power to make my commute to work fun and entertaining. I'll save money on gas as well. . I highly recommend you drive this car in the 2.5 sport version, with leather. It's amazing. I feel incredibly fortunate to have found this car with a manual transmission. It's really fun to drive. It's exactly what I was looking for, and I don't feel like I'm missing out by not driving a Subaru WRX, BMW, or Lexus."

2015 Mazda3 was a great decision by my son

By on Monday, September 08, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great mileage, and good space."

Cons: "A little more legroom in the back would be nice"

"This car was chosen by my son after test driving every comparable care under $30K. We split the payments, so I drive it on weekdays and he gets it in the evening and weekends. This vehicle has exceeded every MPG rating, and I'm now getting more than 110% of the posted MPG. This vehicle is fun to drive, economical and has enough space for four adults (6' tall). I would like a couple more inches of leg room for the back seat, but the front has more than enough to make up for the shortage. I've enjoyed this car so much that I'm now looking at replacing my weekend vehicle and I'm down to three cars with very specific benefits to each. For legroom and price, the Nissan Sentra wins hands down. It will get you from A to B, but it leans bad in turns and lacks any feel in steering and braking. On the other end I love the Mercedes CLA250. Performance, mileage, comfort, quite and fun to drive, with a starting price of $30K. This is a very tempting car, but they call the four door a coupe for a good reason. This car has no legroom in the back. The Mazda3 is the perfect car in between these two. Sure it could use a little more room or a little less road noise, but the price is close to the Nissan with handling close to the Mercedes and the Mazda has the best MPG."

FUN SMALL CAR

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, great tech package."

Cons: "slow paddle shifters"

"This is my first Mazda, and I am impressed (had a tacoma before, hard act to follow). The Mazda3 Sport Grand Touring Hatchback with the Tech Packge and iEloop is an excellent car for the money. It handles extremely well, as tested on the winding mountain roads of Southern California. To balance out the Zoom Zoom, it also gets great gas mileage (I average about 30 MPG in city/ congested freeway conditions). The only thing I slightly dislike is the paddle shifters, as I feel they are slow to respond (expected the control of a manual, but lags). I will be patiently awaiting the arrival of the Speed3, as we could all use a little more power to match the handling!"

Love it!

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, lots of future, USB"

Cons: "One 12 volt outlet, screen could be better place"

"I have this car about 5 Months, I drive about 100 Miles per day, its comfortable, has enough power to cruise fas"

Best car in it's class

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "See above"

Cons: "See above"

"My wife needed an economical car with decent interior space. We checked all the major manufacturers, and chose the Mazda3 for it's reliability, excellent MPG and it's appearance. Reliability: Mazda3 has had a long history of being a reliable car, if my internet research is accurate. There are reports of the 2nd generation of Mazda3 owners hitting 70K miles with just simple maintenance, and very little after that towards 100K. Gas mileage: We have the I Touring, and on the 70 mile drive home, I averaged 42 MPG. I'd say 35% of that was city driving, and the rest highway/rural back roads. Today, my wife drove it to work (5-10% city, the rest highway) and averaged a whopping 47 MPG (the stats had been reset by me before she left). To give you an idea of the savings we realized, her previous vehicle was a Chevy Trailblazer, which hit 20 MPG if she was lucky. Appearance: Of all the cars in it's class, we felt the Mazda3 was the best looking of the bunch. Very aggressive and sporty. The only other car we felt looked nearly as good, was the Civic coupe, but it didn't have the interior requirements we needed. Cons: The only things I can really find fault with is: - the tachometer is small, and has that cheap 1980's digital appearance to it. Mazda had a real chance of giving us the WOW factor, and at least in this case, it was a disappointment. It does function as it should, however. - Prone to fingerprints. The black trim on the exterior doors really grabs and hold fingerprints. Even after the short time we've owned the car, there are a load of them all over the trim, and I foresee us having to either avoid touching them, or wash them frequently. - Delicate exterior paint - We have the Soul red paint, and it and the white are the only ones that have a triple coating (that's a good thing - triple coat) BUT the paint seems more vulnerable to nicks and scratches than paint on other vehicles we have owned. It's not falling off, or showing signs of degrading already, but I had to have a very small section of paint repaired by the dealer the second day we had it. These are all small quibbles on an otherwise great car. The only other thing that really burns my bacon, is that the 2015 models (except baseline sedan) will have the current Infotainment package (7" screen, $1,600 option) come as STANDARD, and fog lights ($370 option) also appear to also come as standard. I would've waited the 2 months or so if I had known. We're still quite happy with the vehicle, and intend to keep it at least 5 years, probably longer if it proves to be as reliable as my research indicated."

Awesome Car!

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "Excellent to drive, Great interior and exterior"

"I absolutely love this car. Best choice I've made and I am completely happy!"