2014 Mazda MAZDA3 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,341 - $17,844.

10/8.5

9.4

Based on 20 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Great little car

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

"I drive this to and from work every day. all surface streets gets 28 to 30 mpg."

Great vehicle at any price.....

By on Monday, October 13, 2014

Pros: "Looks and drives like a much more expensive car."

Cons: "No seat memory for when my wife takes my car."

"Needed smaller vehicle to fit in the 2 car garage with my wife's Lexus CT Hybrid. The Mazda3 2.5 engine is fun to drive....lots of get up and go while feeling light and very quick to respond. Have had my Grand Touring edition for 4 months and traded my BMW 325 in. I am having more fun with my MAZDA!"

If You Really Like to Drive Buy Something Else

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

"I bought my Mazda 3 GTi 6MT this past July. Because I love to drive manual transmissions I had to go with the smaller 2.0L engine. The design and all of the tech on this car is great. Nice job Mazda. If you love to drive, however, go with something else. I appreciate Mazda trying to create a sporty car that also gets good MPGs, but unfortunately the engine just doesn't have the power to make this an exciting drive. Additionally, the seats are not very comfortable on long drives. I'm someone who buys a car and keeps it for 10-12 years, but I'm already looking to get something else, because I can't see myself being happy with this car for a decade."

Perfect for city/hwy sporty commute

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "Fuel efficient 2.5L, solid ride, head up display"

Cons: "No complimentary oil change"

"The Mazda 3S sedan certainly feels very sturdy compared to my previous car, a 2010 Corolla, specially when taking sharp turns, changing lanes in busy traffic, or simply when a speeding tractor-trailer crosses you. The brake is super responsive, and the acceleration is decent without the sport mode turned on, and superb in the sport mode. With the 18" alloy wheels, thin tires, and sport tuned suspension, the ride feels very sporty (to be positive) or stiff (to be negative). But I guess that's a matter of taste. In rush hour (50-55mph), I average about 41mpg. At off-peak freeway (70-75mph) or in local traffic (35-40mph), it is about 35mpg. Very decent numbers for a 2.5L engine :-) I cannot overstate just how cool and convenient the head-up display unit is. It let's you keep your eyes on the road while getting lane/turn instructions from the GPS, and otherwise simply track cruising activity. The steering wheel mounted paddle shifters are awesome when driving on hilly roads, and the leatherette seats feels as soft as leather :-) Although the awkwardly placed GPS unit looks like an aftermarket addition, it is very easy to navigate with the knob and quick access buttons while driving, which is same as what the 2015 Audi A3 has. However, my Mazda 3 LCD touchscreen's display as well as the infotainment features layout both feel much fancier and easier to use. It's a bummer that some of the best features are only available in the S GT trim, including radar cruise (although the S Touring has a radar in front, deactivated!), adaptive headlight, and rain sensing wiper. Also, if you want non-black interior, S GT is the only trim you will find that in. But what is totally maddening is that you do *not* get automatic headlight on the $25K Mazda 3 S, something that even my 2010 Corolla base sedan had. You have to bump all the way up to S GT with tech package for that ... I mean, seriously? Also, unlike essentially every other automaker, Mazda *does not* provide any complimentary maintenance (oil change etc.) for the first 2-3 years :-("

Love it!

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, safe, fast, reliable"

Cons: "Worry about new technology breaking someday."

"I did months of research trying to find a sporty, powerful, safe, reliable vehicle to replace my ancient 1998 Honda Civic EX. I drove a Subaru CrossTrek and discovered how much I really hate CVT engines. I'm a little bit of a car enthusiast, and the blender appliance sounds and lack of true gear shifting control made me feel car sick. From that point on, I knew I was looking for a manual transmission. . A lot of car makers are abandoning manual transmissions that include any bells and whistles, so I had limited selection. Reliability and safety are very important to me, and a Honda or Toyota would have fit the bill nicely, but I wanted something truly sporty that had a little kick when you lay down on the acceleration pedal. None of the 4 door small car models by Honda or Toyota would have fit the bill. I thought about the Ford Focus Sport model but I didn't like the reliability ratings, and I also thought about the Subaru WRX, but it was slightly out of my price range and the dealers can't keep them in stock to test drive. . I decided to test drive the 6 speed, 2.5 Liter, Mazda 3 because it was more powerful than most of the competition small car models, it is very safe, and it looks very sexy. . Not only does this car feel fast and sporty, its refined, and has a huge amount of safety features. The cabin is quiet, the ride is smooth, the manual shifting points are refined and easy to navigate. It even has a roll back prevention feature so if you are stuck on an inclined hill and have to start rolling forward using your clutch, you won't roll backwards. No need to ride the clutch while you release the emergency brake while driving in Seattle or Tacoma! . I fell in love with this car as soon as I test drove it. Unlike the Honda and Toyota, this thing has pep and a really amazing engine. It goes when you want it to go. It has no hesitation. It can rocket off the line, and yet it gets almost 40mpg. . It is also a top safety pick by the IIHS, which makes me feel much more comfortable than riding in both the Toyota and Honda, which both had dismal scores in the front overlap tests last year. I know my family will be safe riding in this car. . I love this car. I was totally blown away with the comfort, the safety features, the refinement of the interior, and the value. I originally wanted a BMW or Lexus but couldn't afford one. I could have waited to buy a WRX, but I feel like this car has plenty of power to make my commute to work fun and entertaining. I'll save money on gas as well. . I highly recommend you drive this car in the 2.5 sport version, with leather. It's amazing. I feel incredibly fortunate to have found this car with a manual transmission. It's really fun to drive. It's exactly what I was looking for, and I don't feel like I'm missing out by not driving a Subaru WRX, BMW, or Lexus."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next