2014 Mazda MAZDA3 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,466 - $16,877.

10/8.5

9.4

Based on 11 Ratings for the 2014 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Awesome Car!

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "Excellent to drive, Great interior and exterior"

"I absolutely love this car. Best choice I've made and I am completely happy!"

Disappointing Test Drive

By on Sunday, June 01, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Handling, brakes, economy based on Mazda6 MPG"

Cons: "NOISE, No analog speedo, poor rear view"

"I have a short list of cars to test drive before I purchase. I do a lot of research online before the test drive. The Mazda 3 SGT was high on the list but previous experience of Mazda's had me concerned about road noise entering the cabin. As soon I left the dealer lot my concern was justified. Tire noise was noticeable at 30MPH. Using a sound meter I measured the levels at 50, 60 and 70MPH on the freeway. The freeway road surfaces in Oregon are coarse due to the use of studded tires. All three speeds measured over 81 dB. My present car a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT measured 79 dB on the same stretch of road. 80 dB is twice as load as 70 dB. My criteria was not to purchase if the sound level exceeded the Subaru. I told the salesperson the car had failed the test. She persuaded me to drive a CX -5. I did and the noise level was much better at an acceptable 75 dB. Apart from the noise I did not like the digital only Speedometer, but I did like the head up display. I liked the blind spot monitoring, but it seemed to be a bit sensitive. The warning went off as I merged back in to the right lane. Maybe I merge too soon. I did not like the sloping roof line on rear visibility or for load carrying, but it looks great on the outside. I did not test all the other features this model offers, but at over $30,000 Mazda needs to improve the noise insulation for me to consider it in the future. Based on the noise alone I would not recommend this car. Next test drive will be a MK 7 Golf GTI"

Love my new car!

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "Great mpg, Fun to drive, great interior"

Cons: "cup holders, cd player at bottom of console"

"Bought a 2014 Touring Hatchback a little over a week ago. This is my second car after having an old 01 corolla for the last 8 years. This car in person is absolutely beautiful! Compared to many in it's class it is very mature looking. The interior is well set up. I don't have the navigation and I like how the radio is set up. The materials on the inside feel good and aren't cheap plastic looking. I like how the dash looks but sometimes reading the speedometer is hard when traveling at highway speeds because the dashes are small. On the highway it is surprisingly quiet and feels solid. Back roads it feels planted when going into curves and doesn't have much body roll. Having driven quite a bit city driving I have so far averaged about 33 mpg."

Best Vehicle Iv'e Owned To Date!

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

"To start off I purchased the 2014 Mazda 3 Sport grand Touring. My previous vehicle was the past generation 2010 Mazda Sport Grand Touring. First comes first, this new generation is absolutely fantastic! Everything about the car screams quality, fit and finish, and a company thats dedicated to their customers and really listens to what WE want in our cars. This car has exceeded every expectation I had including ones I didn't even know I should of had. The design is stunning, I get compliments everywhere I go and everyone seems to be amazed when they sit in my car and find out it's a Mazda. The interior quality is best in class, and it's worth every bit of the premium I paid for the GT version. The leather is soft and the red stitching really makes it pop. The dash design is awesome, and it takes queues from Audi, and Bmw. The ride quality is also very good, soft when it should be, and rough when you want to step on the gas. Fuel efficiently isn't something I really worry about since I have a lead foot but according to the car I am already getting better then my "old" Mazda. Now, I had the option to get the Audi or Bmw, but I kept having my doubts about so many complaints owners were having with their cars and it took me about since this car launched to officially decide to do away with the higher end cars and stick to Mazda. I am so glad I did because I know in the long run this car will have cheap maintenance and be very fun to drive without having to give up on those luxury features of todays times. The navigation infotainment system is really nice to use, the car looks great, drives great, is reliable, and will continue to put a smile on my face when I get inside and put it in drive. My suggestion is if you can afford the SGT model, I would definitely go for it you will not be disappointed and it's really worth what you pay for it. Highly recommend this car and I really appreciate whoever takes the time to read this novel of a review! Enjoy your Zoom Zoom everyone!"

Good driving dynamics but issues with navi

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "Good driving dynamics, reponsive, fun to drive"

Cons: "could get little pricy, nav issue"

"First time purchasing Mazda cars. looks nice and many options (safety and convenience features) than similar vehicle class(small sedan). I got 2014 Mazda sGT with tech package. Great radar cruise control and high beam control, not to mention land departure warning system! high tech in a afforable small sedan. However, after 2000 miles (about 2 months after I purchased), I noticed auto-reboot on my nav unit while driving. It continued to do so until I completely shut off the car and restart. Mazda dealer updated the nav to a newer version. I thought it solved the problem. NO. It came back again. long story short. Now, 5500miles in 5 months of owning the vehicle, I visited my local dealer 4 times regarding nav problem. I know the manufacturer is still working on fixing the issue(s) with nav unit. get a car without Nav, then you'll be fine. little lower MPG than advertised with normal driving. (not spirited driving)"

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next