2014 Mazda MAZDA3 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,041 - $16,652.

10/8.5

Based on 45 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Good driving dynamics but issues with navi

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "Good driving dynamics, reponsive, fun to drive"

Cons: "could get little pricy, nav issue"

"First time purchasing Mazda cars. looks nice and many options (safety and convenience features) than similar vehicle class(small sedan). I got 2014 Mazda sGT with tech package. Great radar cruise control and high beam control, not to mention land departure warning system! high tech in a afforable small sedan. However, after 2000 miles (about 2 months after I purchased), I noticed auto-reboot on my nav unit while driving. It continued to do so until I completely shut off the car and restart. Mazda dealer updated the nav to a newer version. I thought it solved the problem. NO. It came back again. long story short. Now, 5500miles in 5 months of owning the vehicle, I visited my local dealer 4 times regarding nav problem. I know the manufacturer is still working on fixing the issue(s) with nav unit. get a car without Nav, then you'll be fine. little lower MPG than advertised with normal driving. (not spirited driving)"

Top+ Safety, sporty, versatile, great on gas

By on Thursday, May 14, 2015

Pros: "Does just about everything right"

Cons: "No daytime running lights"

"The Mazda is a pleasure to drive, with an eager engine and responsive and precise steering. On the highway with adaptive cruise activated, the car is on its way to driving itself; all we have to do is steer. Or, if we take more assertive control, the car lives up to its Grand Touring name. And, we’re very comfortable either way. Mazda undersells their engine technology. They have boosted thermodynamic efficiency by increasing the compression ratio to near-diesel levels, achieving near-diesel fuel efficiency on regular gas. Oh, but without the particulates, and while retaining the “zoom, zoom.” Our Mazda’s blind-spot warning beeps for mall shopping carts, and for dicey lane changes. The heads-up display makes it easy to check your speed while keeping your eyes on the road. Next turn navigation information also cleverly appears there. The Bose audio system offers superb sound, clean and crisp with authoritative bass; better than in many luxury cars. The navigation system is straightforward to control, especially via voice commands. And it gets you there. We leave the wipers on auto, and they find the right speed from intermittent to frantic. Similarly, the auto light setting turns on the lights and high beams according to how dark it is and whether there’s oncoming traffic, auto-dimming accordingly. The key fob is kind of magic; I just keep it in my pocket, and doors open and the car starts with simple presses of buttons. The navigation system once drew an annoying blank when we stated an address. It just timed out without asking for a repetition. One feature we miss is a seat adjustment memory; it’s a bit of a nuisance to fiddle with the seat each time my wife and I swap the car."

Love it!

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, safe, fast, reliable"

Cons: "Worry about new technology breaking someday."

"I did months of research trying to find a sporty, powerful, safe, reliable vehicle to replace my ancient 1998 Honda Civic EX. I drove a Subaru CrossTrek and discovered how much I really hate CVT engines. I'm a little bit of a car enthusiast, and the blender appliance sounds and lack of true gear shifting control made me feel car sick. From that point on, I knew I was looking for a manual transmission. . A lot of car makers are abandoning manual transmissions that include any bells and whistles, so I had limited selection. Reliability and safety are very important to me, and a Honda or Toyota would have fit the bill nicely, but I wanted something truly sporty that had a little kick when you lay down on the acceleration pedal. None of the 4 door small car models by Honda or Toyota would have fit the bill. I thought about the Ford Focus Sport model but I didn't like the reliability ratings, and I also thought about the Subaru WRX, but it was slightly out of my price range and the dealers can't keep them in stock to test drive. . I decided to test drive the 6 speed, 2.5 Liter, Mazda 3 because it was more powerful than most of the competition small car models, it is very safe, and it looks very sexy. . Not only does this car feel fast and sporty, its refined, and has a huge amount of safety features. The cabin is quiet, the ride is smooth, the manual shifting points are refined and easy to navigate. It even has a roll back prevention feature so if you are stuck on an inclined hill and have to start rolling forward using your clutch, you won't roll backwards. No need to ride the clutch while you release the emergency brake while driving in Seattle or Tacoma! . I fell in love with this car as soon as I test drove it. Unlike the Honda and Toyota, this thing has pep and a really amazing engine. It goes when you want it to go. It has no hesitation. It can rocket off the line, and yet it gets almost 40mpg. . It is also a top safety pick by the IIHS, which makes me feel much more comfortable than riding in both the Toyota and Honda, which both had dismal scores in the front overlap tests last year. I know my family will be safe riding in this car. . I love this car. I was totally blown away with the comfort, the safety features, the refinement of the interior, and the value. I originally wanted a BMW or Lexus but couldn't afford one. I could have waited to buy a WRX, but I feel like this car has plenty of power to make my commute to work fun and entertaining. I'll save money on gas as well. . I highly recommend you drive this car in the 2.5 sport version, with leather. It's amazing. I feel incredibly fortunate to have found this car with a manual transmission. It's really fun to drive. It's exactly what I was looking for, and I don't feel like I'm missing out by not driving a Subaru WRX, BMW, or Lexus."

Love my new car!

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "Great mpg, Fun to drive, great interior"

Cons: "cup holders, cd player at bottom of console"

"Bought a 2014 Touring Hatchback a little over a week ago. This is my second car after having an old 01 corolla for the last 8 years. This car in person is absolutely beautiful! Compared to many in it's class it is very mature looking. The interior is well set up. I don't have the navigation and I like how the radio is set up. The materials on the inside feel good and aren't cheap plastic looking. I like how the dash looks but sometimes reading the speedometer is hard when traveling at highway speeds because the dashes are small. On the highway it is surprisingly quiet and feels solid. Back roads it feels planted when going into curves and doesn't have much body roll. Having driven quite a bit city driving I have so far averaged about 33 mpg."

One month in, love it more every day!

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Great value, Good overall quality, Fun to drive"

Cons: "Could use a little more power"

"I just bought a 2015 Mazda 3i sport hatchback, by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. Mazda put out an all around solid product for an excellent price. If you are in the market for a compact car you would be crazy not to take one out for a test drive. The handling is crisp and smooth, the fuel economy is at the top of its class, especially if you aren't interested in spending the extra cash for a hybrid or a diesel. From 2014 to 2015 they made the infotainment center option standard on all but the SV model. Having the command controller makes navigating through media center menus quick and easy, much more intuitive than similar systems in other cars. The interior feels like it belongs in a more expensive vehicle. I bought the base model, and still feel like everything has a good clean professional feel. The bold new exterior is sure to impress, I still smile every time I step into the garage. I have the manual transmission, the shifter throws are short and crisp, and the clutch responds nicely. Do yourself a favor, read some more reviews, go for a few test drives, and buy a Mazda 3. You wont regret it."