2014 Mazda MAZDA3 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,481 - $16,918.

10/8.5

9.5

Based on 15 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

2015 Mazda3 was a great decision by my son

By on Monday, September 08, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great mileage, and good space."

Cons: "A little more legroom in the back would be nice"

"This car was chosen by my son after test driving every comparable care under $30K. We split the payments, so I drive it on weekdays and he gets it in the evening and weekends. This vehicle has exceeded every MPG rating, and I'm now getting more than 110% of the posted MPG. This vehicle is fun to drive, economical and has enough space for four adults (6' tall). I would like a couple more inches of leg room for the back seat, but the front has more than enough to make up for the shortage. I've enjoyed this car so much that I'm now looking at replacing my weekend vehicle and I'm down to three cars with very specific benefits to each. For legroom and price, the Nissan Sentra wins hands down. It will get you from A to B, but it leans bad in turns and lacks any feel in steering and braking. On the other end I love the Mercedes CLA250. Performance, mileage, comfort, quite and fun to drive, with a starting price of $30K. This is a very tempting car, but they call the four door a coupe for a good reason. This car has no legroom in the back. The Mazda3 is the perfect car in between these two. Sure it could use a little more room or a little less road noise, but the price is close to the Nissan with handling close to the Mercedes and the Mazda has the best MPG."

FUN SMALL CAR

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, great tech package."

Cons: "slow paddle shifters"

"This is my first Mazda, and I am impressed (had a tacoma before, hard act to follow). The Mazda3 Sport Grand Touring Hatchback with the Tech Packge and iEloop is an excellent car for the money. It handles extremely well, as tested on the winding mountain roads of Southern California. To balance out the Zoom Zoom, it also gets great gas mileage (I average about 30 MPG in city/ congested freeway conditions). The only thing I slightly dislike is the paddle shifters, as I feel they are slow to respond (expected the control of a manual, but lags). I will be patiently awaiting the arrival of the Speed3, as we could all use a little more power to match the handling!"

Love it!

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, lots of future, USB"

Cons: "One 12 volt outlet, screen could be better place"

"I have this car about 5 Months, I drive about 100 Miles per day, its comfortable, has enough power to cruise fas"

Best car in it's class

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "See above"

Cons: "See above"

"My wife needed an economical car with decent interior space. We checked all the major manufacturers, and chose the Mazda3 for it's reliability, excellent MPG and it's appearance. Reliability: Mazda3 has had a long history of being a reliable car, if my internet research is accurate. There are reports of the 2nd generation of Mazda3 owners hitting 70K miles with just simple maintenance, and very little after that towards 100K. Gas mileage: We have the I Touring, and on the 70 mile drive home, I averaged 42 MPG. I'd say 35% of that was city driving, and the rest highway/rural back roads. Today, my wife drove it to work (5-10% city, the rest highway) and averaged a whopping 47 MPG (the stats had been reset by me before she left). To give you an idea of the savings we realized, her previous vehicle was a Chevy Trailblazer, which hit 20 MPG if she was lucky. Appearance: Of all the cars in it's class, we felt the Mazda3 was the best looking of the bunch. Very aggressive and sporty. The only other car we felt looked nearly as good, was the Civic coupe, but it didn't have the interior requirements we needed. Cons: The only things I can really find fault with is: - the tachometer is small, and has that cheap 1980's digital appearance to it. Mazda had a real chance of giving us the WOW factor, and at least in this case, it was a disappointment. It does function as it should, however. - Prone to fingerprints. The black trim on the exterior doors really grabs and hold fingerprints. Even after the short time we've owned the car, there are a load of them all over the trim, and I foresee us having to either avoid touching them, or wash them frequently. - Delicate exterior paint - We have the Soul red paint, and it and the white are the only ones that have a triple coating (that's a good thing - triple coat) BUT the paint seems more vulnerable to nicks and scratches than paint on other vehicles we have owned. It's not falling off, or showing signs of degrading already, but I had to have a very small section of paint repaired by the dealer the second day we had it. These are all small quibbles on an otherwise great car. The only other thing that really burns my bacon, is that the 2015 models (except baseline sedan) will have the current Infotainment package (7" screen, $1,600 option) come as STANDARD, and fog lights ($370 option) also appear to also come as standard. I would've waited the 2 months or so if I had known. We're still quite happy with the vehicle, and intend to keep it at least 5 years, probably longer if it proves to be as reliable as my research indicated."

Awesome Car!

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "Excellent to drive, Great interior and exterior"

"I absolutely love this car. Best choice I've made and I am completely happy!"

Disappointing Test Drive

By on Sunday, June 01, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Handling, brakes, economy based on Mazda6 MPG"

Cons: "NOISE, No analog speedo, poor rear view"

"I have a short list of cars to test drive before I purchase. I do a lot of research online before the test drive. The Mazda 3 SGT was high on the list but previous experience of Mazda's had me concerned about road noise entering the cabin. As soon I left the dealer lot my concern was justified. Tire noise was noticeable at 30MPH. Using a sound meter I measured the levels at 50, 60 and 70MPH on the freeway. The freeway road surfaces in Oregon are coarse due to the use of studded tires. All three speeds measured over 81 dB. My present car a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT measured 79 dB on the same stretch of road. 80 dB is twice as load as 70 dB. My criteria was not to purchase if the sound level exceeded the Subaru. I told the salesperson the car had failed the test. She persuaded me to drive a CX -5. I did and the noise level was much better at an acceptable 75 dB. Apart from the noise I did not like the digital only Speedometer, but I did like the head up display. I liked the blind spot monitoring, but it seemed to be a bit sensitive. The warning went off as I merged back in to the right lane. Maybe I merge too soon. I did not like the sloping roof line on rear visibility or for load carrying, but it looks great on the outside. I did not test all the other features this model offers, but at over $30,000 Mazda needs to improve the noise insulation for me to consider it in the future. Based on the noise alone I would not recommend this car. Next test drive will be a MK 7 Golf GTI"

Love my new car!

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "Great mpg, Fun to drive, great interior"

Cons: "cup holders, cd player at bottom of console"

"Bought a 2014 Touring Hatchback a little over a week ago. This is my second car after having an old 01 corolla for the last 8 years. This car in person is absolutely beautiful! Compared to many in it's class it is very mature looking. The interior is well set up. I don't have the navigation and I like how the radio is set up. The materials on the inside feel good and aren't cheap plastic looking. I like how the dash looks but sometimes reading the speedometer is hard when traveling at highway speeds because the dashes are small. On the highway it is surprisingly quiet and feels solid. Back roads it feels planted when going into curves and doesn't have much body roll. Having driven quite a bit city driving I have so far averaged about 33 mpg."

Best Vehicle Iv'e Owned To Date!

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

"To start off I purchased the 2014 Mazda 3 Sport grand Touring. My previous vehicle was the past generation 2010 Mazda Sport Grand Touring. First comes first, this new generation is absolutely fantastic! Everything about the car screams quality, fit and finish, and a company thats dedicated to their customers and really listens to what WE want in our cars. This car has exceeded every expectation I had including ones I didn't even know I should of had. The design is stunning, I get compliments everywhere I go and everyone seems to be amazed when they sit in my car and find out it's a Mazda. The interior quality is best in class, and it's worth every bit of the premium I paid for the GT version. The leather is soft and the red stitching really makes it pop. The dash design is awesome, and it takes queues from Audi, and Bmw. The ride quality is also very good, soft when it should be, and rough when you want to step on the gas. Fuel efficiently isn't something I really worry about since I have a lead foot but according to the car I am already getting better then my "old" Mazda. Now, I had the option to get the Audi or Bmw, but I kept having my doubts about so many complaints owners were having with their cars and it took me about since this car launched to officially decide to do away with the higher end cars and stick to Mazda. I am so glad I did because I know in the long run this car will have cheap maintenance and be very fun to drive without having to give up on those luxury features of todays times. The navigation infotainment system is really nice to use, the car looks great, drives great, is reliable, and will continue to put a smile on my face when I get inside and put it in drive. My suggestion is if you can afford the SGT model, I would definitely go for it you will not be disappointed and it's really worth what you pay for it. Highly recommend this car and I really appreciate whoever takes the time to read this novel of a review! Enjoy your Zoom Zoom everyone!"

Good driving dynamics but issues with navi

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "Good driving dynamics, reponsive, fun to drive"

Cons: "could get little pricy, nav issue"

"First time purchasing Mazda cars. looks nice and many options (safety and convenience features) than similar vehicle class(small sedan). I got 2014 Mazda sGT with tech package. Great radar cruise control and high beam control, not to mention land departure warning system! high tech in a afforable small sedan. However, after 2000 miles (about 2 months after I purchased), I noticed auto-reboot on my nav unit while driving. It continued to do so until I completely shut off the car and restart. Mazda dealer updated the nav to a newer version. I thought it solved the problem. NO. It came back again. long story short. Now, 5500miles in 5 months of owning the vehicle, I visited my local dealer 4 times regarding nav problem. I know the manufacturer is still working on fixing the issue(s) with nav unit. get a car without Nav, then you'll be fine. little lower MPG than advertised with normal driving. (not spirited driving)"

best mazda 3 ever

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

"driving dynamics:responds to my feelings"

Excellent commute automobile

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, Bluetooth, infotainment, gas mileage"

"traded a 2010 Mazda 3i for a much more upgraded 2014 Mazda 3i SV sedan it has improved after 4 years its more safer and comfortable. The engine seems quieter and powerfully smooth in performance and controls are outstanding. I love the interior in bolstered seats with heated memory, remote start, blind spot warning, lane departure warning, TomTom navigation, Pandora capability, Bluetooth, rearview camera, LED lights and Infotainment center. The Mazda is sportier and drives very smooth with SKYACTIV technology engine it has on all the handling on this sporty compact sedan. Gas mileage is great on 41 mpg while being a business coworker its excellent on fuel economy just LOVE! LOVE! LOVE MY MAZDA ''ZOOM'' ''ZOOM'' its a very beautiful car looks like a Lexus from the rear end after driving a boring looking cheap vehicle I think Mazda has giving the 3i SV a more makeover on everything its more smooth in a awesome ride and controls are greater."

top notch

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

"amazing car"

It's fun to drive, powerful, comfortable & sexy:)

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "This car is so fun to drive and has great power!"

Cons: "Infotainment system has some bugs that need work"

"Traded in my honda civic for the Mazda3 GT s hatchback and haven't looked back. Don't get me wrong, the civic was very reliable and cheap to maintain but a total dud to drive (even with a manual transmission). Love love love driving my new Mazda. It handles great, has the power I always craved but never got from my civic and it feels well made and safe. The interior is comfortable and kinda sexy at the same time. Didn't think I needed the heated leather seats with dual climate control but now that I have them I can't imagine my commute without them! Sound system also makes for a great driving experience - infotainment system has some bugs but I hear Mazda has software updates to address these so I need to bring it to the Dealer to uploaded these; apparently the fix is free. I did spend more than I would have liked for the top of the line model but if you don't want all the bells and whistles you can get a more reasonably priced model."

Better than expected fun,looks, mpg,

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pros: "Driver's car, lots of fun"

Cons: "None so far"

show room

"Car feels and drives more like a much more expensive car. Plenty of get up and go and very nimble on it's feet. Lots of room in the back . The mpg is as stated or better. Has a sports car feel. Even the doors feel solid.Nice sound system with the tech package. Mazda sure has got this one right. The Zoom zoom is back!"

show room

2014 Mazda3 S Grand Touring 4 door

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Features, interior quality, handlng, mpg"

Cons: "Early gears are high, 2.5 needs manual, poor tires"

"Traded from a Mitsubishi Evo to this car after growing tired with the other cars' ride, terrible mpg and interior, road noise, and general maintenance costs and the fact that I was paying for a "race car" that I rarely enjoyed in that fashion. The fact that I chose this car speaks volumes of the Mazda's features and capabilities as a daily driver for someone who wants some fun and lots of features in their daily commute. So far I absolutely love this car and feel like it is an excellent travelling companion ! Responsive engine and great handling for a fwd as well as very light compared to most cars on the road. Mine has the tech package so the only thing I would change would be the factory tires (aweful in snow) and maybe 10-15 more hp and to decrease the gearing in the first few gears. Love this car so much that I would happily trade for one with a manual down the road !"