2014 Mazda MAZDA3 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,054 - $22,731.

10/8.5

9.3

Based on 26 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Very nice car, disappointing gas mileage

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Precise steering, great handling, fun to drive"

Cons: "gas mileage, rear visibility,"

"We've owned our 2014 iSport hatchback for just about a year now. It looks great and still makes me smile every time I walk up to it. It handles beautifully, with very precise steering, and the base engine is surprisingly peppy. Great fun to drive and smooth and comfortable on the long trips. We have two big disappointments: 1. Our gas mileage is only 31.83 mpg (I measure every tank full) over the 10k miles and with a mix of about 50.50 city highway. The sticker calls for 35 city and 40 highway. 34 on an all highway tank was the best we've seen. 2. Rear visibility is limited, making reversing and parking a chore. Even the front visibility close in is sketchy. This is the only car I've ever owned that I couldn't drop precisely between the parking stripes first time, every time. This seems minor, but it is an irritation every day and has us considering whether this will be a long-term car or not."

One month in, love it more every day!

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Great value, Good overall quality, Fun to drive"

Cons: "Could use a little more power"

"I just bought a 2015 Mazda 3i sport hatchback, by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. Mazda put out an all around solid product for an excellent price. If you are in the market for a compact car you would be crazy not to take one out for a test drive. The handling is crisp and smooth, the fuel economy is at the top of its class, especially if you aren't interested in spending the extra cash for a hybrid or a diesel. From 2014 to 2015 they made the infotainment center option standard on all but the SV model. Having the command controller makes navigating through media center menus quick and easy, much more intuitive than similar systems in other cars. The interior feels like it belongs in a more expensive vehicle. I bought the base model, and still feel like everything has a good clean professional feel. The bold new exterior is sure to impress, I still smile every time I step into the garage. I have the manual transmission, the shifter throws are short and crisp, and the clutch responds nicely. Do yourself a favor, read some more reviews, go for a few test drives, and buy a Mazda 3. You wont regret it."

Dont let this one slip by ........

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Great Gas Mileage, Fun to drive... everything is a"

"If you are shopping for a sporty comapct car, then this is the 'ONE.' After much debate and research, we elected to buy the 2015 Mazda 6 speed hatchback. Was looking for something with great gas milesage without having the cost for an Electric or Hybrid and I could not be happier. The fact that it rides and feels like a sports car is a huge incentive and has allowed me to put the "FUN" back into driving. Don't let this one slip by ... take the plunge and buy one."

Excellent Addition to Mazda 3 Generation

By on Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, refined, great standard features"

Cons: "Little pricey"

"I used to own a 2012 Mazda 3 with the revamped engine but I traded it in for the 2014 I Touring with its refined features. I have had little reason to regret my decision. The car is edgy, fun to drive and for only a 156 HP engine has quite a bit of get up and go. More importantly, the shifts are smoother than my 12 and engine and road noise has been limited. The standard slate of good features in my old 12 have been brought into this car. The stereo system is excellent and the user controls are simple. Mazda significantly revamped its interior to add refinement and the seating is much more comfortable. The fabric is deeper and smoother for example. All in all, this is a car I could easily keep for a decade, especially since its MPG is likely to keep it competitive with newer cars in the segment for some time to come."

Great vehicle for value!

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, good gas mileage."

Cons: "Low head room."

"I bought this car 5 months ago in May and have been very happy with it. I traded in my '08 Ford Fusion for the '14 Mazda 3 Sedan and gained 12 MPG. Every 2 gallons I save a gallon of gas. Yes it went from a V6 to a 4 cylinder but the car still has plenty of acceleration if needed. Runs fairly quiet. Interior design is nice and looks clean. Only option I have is the moon roof but it doesn't feel like a low end car. The Deep Crystal Blue has a tendency to look black in low light situations but sparkles in the sun. It uses synthetic oil so oil changes are not needed as often but is more expensive. Back seat has limited leg room as is expected in this car's segment but the trunk still has lots of room and the seats fold down for more storage capacity. Overall I would recommend this car to anyone looking for good gas mileage. Car handles corners well and has the power shifting so you can take control if you want."