2014 Mazda MAZDA3 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,335 - $22,892.

10/8.5

9.4

Based on 14 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

FUN SMALL CAR

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, great tech package."

Cons: "slow paddle shifters"

"This is my first Mazda, and I am impressed (had a tacoma before, hard act to follow). The Mazda3 Sport Grand Touring Hatchback with the Tech Packge and iEloop is an excellent car for the money. It handles extremely well, as tested on the winding mountain roads of Southern California. To balance out the Zoom Zoom, it also gets great gas mileage (I average about 30 MPG in city/ congested freeway conditions). The only thing I slightly dislike is the paddle shifters, as I feel they are slow to respond (expected the control of a manual, but lags). I will be patiently awaiting the arrival of the Speed3, as we could all use a little more power to match the handling!"

Love it!

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, lots of future, USB"

Cons: "One 12 volt outlet, screen could be better place"

"I have this car about 5 Months, I drive about 100 Miles per day, its comfortable, has enough power to cruise fas"

Best car in it's class

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "See above"

Cons: "See above"

"My wife needed an economical car with decent interior space. We checked all the major manufacturers, and chose the Mazda3 for it's reliability, excellent MPG and it's appearance. Reliability: Mazda3 has had a long history of being a reliable car, if my internet research is accurate. There are reports of the 2nd generation of Mazda3 owners hitting 70K miles with just simple maintenance, and very little after that towards 100K. Gas mileage: We have the I Touring, and on the 70 mile drive home, I averaged 42 MPG. I'd say 35% of that was city driving, and the rest highway/rural back roads. Today, my wife drove it to work (5-10% city, the rest highway) and averaged a whopping 47 MPG (the stats had been reset by me before she left). To give you an idea of the savings we realized, her previous vehicle was a Chevy Trailblazer, which hit 20 MPG if she was lucky. Appearance: Of all the cars in it's class, we felt the Mazda3 was the best looking of the bunch. Very aggressive and sporty. The only other car we felt looked nearly as good, was the Civic coupe, but it didn't have the interior requirements we needed. Cons: The only things I can really find fault with is: - the tachometer is small, and has that cheap 1980's digital appearance to it. Mazda had a real chance of giving us the WOW factor, and at least in this case, it was a disappointment. It does function as it should, however. - Prone to fingerprints. The black trim on the exterior doors really grabs and hold fingerprints. Even after the short time we've owned the car, there are a load of them all over the trim, and I foresee us having to either avoid touching them, or wash them frequently. - Delicate exterior paint - We have the Soul red paint, and it and the white are the only ones that have a triple coating (that's a good thing - triple coat) BUT the paint seems more vulnerable to nicks and scratches than paint on other vehicles we have owned. It's not falling off, or showing signs of degrading already, but I had to have a very small section of paint repaired by the dealer the second day we had it. These are all small quibbles on an otherwise great car. The only other thing that really burns my bacon, is that the 2015 models (except baseline sedan) will have the current Infotainment package (7" screen, $1,600 option) come as STANDARD, and fog lights ($370 option) also appear to also come as standard. I would've waited the 2 months or so if I had known. We're still quite happy with the vehicle, and intend to keep it at least 5 years, probably longer if it proves to be as reliable as my research indicated."

Awesome Car!

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "Excellent to drive, Great interior and exterior"

"I absolutely love this car. Best choice I've made and I am completely happy!"

Disappointing Test Drive

By on Sunday, June 01, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Handling, brakes, economy based on Mazda6 MPG"

Cons: "NOISE, No analog speedo, poor rear view"

"I have a short list of cars to test drive before I purchase. I do a lot of research online before the test drive. The Mazda 3 SGT was high on the list but previous experience of Mazda's had me concerned about road noise entering the cabin. As soon I left the dealer lot my concern was justified. Tire noise was noticeable at 30MPH. Using a sound meter I measured the levels at 50, 60 and 70MPH on the freeway. The freeway road surfaces in Oregon are coarse due to the use of studded tires. All three speeds measured over 81 dB. My present car a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT measured 79 dB on the same stretch of road. 80 dB is twice as load as 70 dB. My criteria was not to purchase if the sound level exceeded the Subaru. I told the salesperson the car had failed the test. She persuaded me to drive a CX -5. I did and the noise level was much better at an acceptable 75 dB. Apart from the noise I did not like the digital only Speedometer, but I did like the head up display. I liked the blind spot monitoring, but it seemed to be a bit sensitive. The warning went off as I merged back in to the right lane. Maybe I merge too soon. I did not like the sloping roof line on rear visibility or for load carrying, but it looks great on the outside. I did not test all the other features this model offers, but at over $30,000 Mazda needs to improve the noise insulation for me to consider it in the future. Based on the noise alone I would not recommend this car. Next test drive will be a MK 7 Golf GTI"

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next