2014 Mazda MAZDA3 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,064 - $22,745.

10/8.5

9.3

Based on 26 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Very nice car, disappointing gas mileage

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Precise steering, great handling, fun to drive"

Cons: "gas mileage, rear visibility,"

"We've owned our 2014 iSport hatchback for just about a year now. It looks great and still makes me smile every time I walk up to it. It handles beautifully, with very precise steering, and the base engine is surprisingly peppy. Great fun to drive and smooth and comfortable on the long trips. We have two big disappointments: 1. Our gas mileage is only 31.83 mpg (I measure every tank full) over the 10k miles and with a mix of about 50.50 city highway. The sticker calls for 35 city and 40 highway. 34 on an all highway tank was the best we've seen. 2. Rear visibility is limited, making reversing and parking a chore. Even the front visibility close in is sketchy. This is the only car I've ever owned that I couldn't drop precisely between the parking stripes first time, every time. This seems minor, but it is an irritation every day and has us considering whether this will be a long-term car or not."

One month in, love it more every day!

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Great value, Good overall quality, Fun to drive"

Cons: "Could use a little more power"

"I just bought a 2015 Mazda 3i sport hatchback, by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. Mazda put out an all around solid product for an excellent price. If you are in the market for a compact car you would be crazy not to take one out for a test drive. The handling is crisp and smooth, the fuel economy is at the top of its class, especially if you aren't interested in spending the extra cash for a hybrid or a diesel. From 2014 to 2015 they made the infotainment center option standard on all but the SV model. Having the command controller makes navigating through media center menus quick and easy, much more intuitive than similar systems in other cars. The interior feels like it belongs in a more expensive vehicle. I bought the base model, and still feel like everything has a good clean professional feel. The bold new exterior is sure to impress, I still smile every time I step into the garage. I have the manual transmission, the shifter throws are short and crisp, and the clutch responds nicely. Do yourself a favor, read some more reviews, go for a few test drives, and buy a Mazda 3. You wont regret it."

Dont let this one slip by ........

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Great Gas Mileage, Fun to drive... everything is a"

"If you are shopping for a sporty comapct car, then this is the 'ONE.' After much debate and research, we elected to buy the 2015 Mazda 6 speed hatchback. Was looking for something with great gas milesage without having the cost for an Electric or Hybrid and I could not be happier. The fact that it rides and feels like a sports car is a huge incentive and has allowed me to put the "FUN" back into driving. Don't let this one slip by ... take the plunge and buy one."

Excellent Addition to Mazda 3 Generation

By on Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, refined, great standard features"

Cons: "Little pricey"

"I used to own a 2012 Mazda 3 with the revamped engine but I traded it in for the 2014 I Touring with its refined features. I have had little reason to regret my decision. The car is edgy, fun to drive and for only a 156 HP engine has quite a bit of get up and go. More importantly, the shifts are smoother than my 12 and engine and road noise has been limited. The standard slate of good features in my old 12 have been brought into this car. The stereo system is excellent and the user controls are simple. Mazda significantly revamped its interior to add refinement and the seating is much more comfortable. The fabric is deeper and smoother for example. All in all, this is a car I could easily keep for a decade, especially since its MPG is likely to keep it competitive with newer cars in the segment for some time to come."

Great vehicle for value!

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, good gas mileage."

Cons: "Low head room."

"I bought this car 5 months ago in May and have been very happy with it. I traded in my '08 Ford Fusion for the '14 Mazda 3 Sedan and gained 12 MPG. Every 2 gallons I save a gallon of gas. Yes it went from a V6 to a 4 cylinder but the car still has plenty of acceleration if needed. Runs fairly quiet. Interior design is nice and looks clean. Only option I have is the moon roof but it doesn't feel like a low end car. The Deep Crystal Blue has a tendency to look black in low light situations but sparkles in the sun. It uses synthetic oil so oil changes are not needed as often but is more expensive. Back seat has limited leg room as is expected in this car's segment but the trunk still has lots of room and the seats fold down for more storage capacity. Overall I would recommend this car to anyone looking for good gas mileage. Car handles corners well and has the power shifting so you can take control if you want."

Best small car overall

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "Great fun to drive, great mileage, best interface"

Cons: "No manual in 2.5 L engine"

"When shopping I drove all the small cars that came in a hatchback, and that came in manual. This one was the most fun to drive except the Focus ST and Fiesta ST. It gets the best gas mileage. I think it also looks the best. So got this one. Nine months in, it is awesome. No problems, it drives like a dream, and the user interface of the car is better than any other car I've driven. The knob that controls the stereo, GPS, your Facebook page, etc, is just about flawless, and syncs perfectly with the screen. The screen btw is in the perfect spot. It is insane- it can go through my phone contacts, update my Facebook status, find the nearest WaWa, show me the traffic report, guide me to any destination. And the key is it works better than any other system I've seen. Driving the car is fantastic. A notch below sports car, but my 2.0 manual is super responsive, and the car corners like a dream. A monitor tracks your overall mileage and I am at 34.8 mpg, which includes many hours of idling during last year's snowy winter. It was around 30 in March and has been climbing ever since. The gas mileage has been just as good as advertised. Interior is okay, stereo is okay, but honestly I'm not a connoisseur of those things. Rear storage space is smaller than I expected, due to the way they make things aerodynamic, but still enough for long camping trips with two mountain bikes inside. Overall I have only positive things to say!"

Great little car

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

"I drive this to and from work every day. all surface streets gets 28 to 30 mpg."

Great vehicle at any price.....

By on Monday, October 13, 2014

Pros: "Looks and drives like a much more expensive car."

Cons: "No seat memory for when my wife takes my car."

"Needed smaller vehicle to fit in the 2 car garage with my wife's Lexus CT Hybrid. The Mazda3 2.5 engine is fun to drive....lots of get up and go while feeling light and very quick to respond. Have had my Grand Touring edition for 4 months and traded my BMW 325 in. I am having more fun with my MAZDA!"

If You Really Like to Drive Buy Something Else

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

"I bought my Mazda 3 GTi 6MT this past July. Because I love to drive manual transmissions I had to go with the smaller 2.0L engine. The design and all of the tech on this car is great. Nice job Mazda. If you love to drive, however, go with something else. I appreciate Mazda trying to create a sporty car that also gets good MPGs, but unfortunately the engine just doesn't have the power to make this an exciting drive. Additionally, the seats are not very comfortable on long drives. I'm someone who buys a car and keeps it for 10-12 years, but I'm already looking to get something else, because I can't see myself being happy with this car for a decade."

Perfect for city/hwy sporty commute

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "Fuel efficient 2.5L, solid ride, head up display"

Cons: "No complimentary oil change"

"The Mazda 3S sedan certainly feels very sturdy compared to my previous car, a 2010 Corolla, specially when taking sharp turns, changing lanes in busy traffic, or simply when a speeding tractor-trailer crosses you. The brake is super responsive, and the acceleration is decent without the sport mode turned on, and superb in the sport mode. With the 18" alloy wheels, thin tires, and sport tuned suspension, the ride feels very sporty (to be positive) or stiff (to be negative). But I guess that's a matter of taste. In rush hour (50-55mph), I average about 41mpg. At off-peak freeway (70-75mph) or in local traffic (35-40mph), it is about 35mpg. Very decent numbers for a 2.5L engine :-) I cannot overstate just how cool and convenient the head-up display unit is. It let's you keep your eyes on the road while getting lane/turn instructions from the GPS, and otherwise simply track cruising activity. The steering wheel mounted paddle shifters are awesome when driving on hilly roads, and the leatherette seats feels as soft as leather :-) Although the awkwardly placed GPS unit looks like an aftermarket addition, it is very easy to navigate with the knob and quick access buttons while driving, which is same as what the 2015 Audi A3 has. However, my Mazda 3 LCD touchscreen's display as well as the infotainment features layout both feel much fancier and easier to use. It's a bummer that some of the best features are only available in the S GT trim, including radar cruise (although the S Touring has a radar in front, deactivated!), adaptive headlight, and rain sensing wiper. Also, if you want non-black interior, S GT is the only trim you will find that in. But what is totally maddening is that you do *not* get automatic headlight on the $25K Mazda 3 S, something that even my 2010 Corolla base sedan had. You have to bump all the way up to S GT with tech package for that ... I mean, seriously? Also, unlike essentially every other automaker, Mazda *does not* provide any complimentary maintenance (oil change etc.) for the first 2-3 years :-("

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next