2013 Mazda MAZDA3 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,853 - $19,674.

10/8.1

Based on 337 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

Miss my Mazda wagon, but this a great, fun drive.

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

"Love this car for an enjoyable and economical ride to work. Like the side view mirrors with blind spot warning lights."

Great Drive-train, fuel economy and pricing.

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Reason: Traded for 2014 Mazda 3

Pros: "driving dynamic, feel, tech and engine specs"

Cons: "old body style, road noise, cheap interior"

"If you are looking for a car on a budget that is fun to drive, has techy features and is not over priced this is your car. I bought my Mazda 3 I Touring in 2012 and I loved it. The car achieved 40 mpg combined (exceeding my expectations) and it had lots of attributes I loved (tech, driving feel, etc.) Pros of the car definitely were price, gas mileage and features. Specifically, bluetooth, horsepower and the stereo system. Combined with the price this made the car have a great bang for the buck. Cons of the car (which I believe have been greatly corrected in the resigned 2014) include a slightly cheap looking interior, road noise and an old and used up body. The new transmission added in the 2012 helped alleviate the last con to a great extent. All in all, the 2012 Mazda 3, I had the sky-active tech, was a great car. I expect my 2014 to be even better."

2010 Mazda3 Sedan

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "very fun, safe, relaible, cute, comfortable,"

Cons: "can not change radio(but system is great so idc)"

"I love this car! I've owned various Chevy's, a Ford,and a Dodge. The mazdas are still my favorite! I've owned an 05 Mazda6, and now my '10 Mazda3. Both were so much fun to drive, they are very compfy, and good on gas. Everyone that gets in my car loves the interior and how sporty it feels and looks. I will own this car until it no longer starts and then I will make it run a little longer! Once a person drives a mazda they fall in love! It happened to me and it will happen to you!! oh! and it was great this past winter, which was horrible, and I just had all-season tires on it."

first-time Mazda buyer, loving it!

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "peppy, cannot beat the options and style at $$"

Cons: "dog catches paw in flip-cover in center console"

"I thoroughly researched this vehicle and remain thoroughly satisfied 7 months into owning the vehicle."

Good car, loud road noise, poor lumbar,

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "good price and fun to drive."

Cons: "road noise"

"You have to test drive this car on highway. You will not like the road noise. Just driving around dealer will not give you the overall picture of road noise. Change holder is sized for a childs hand. No back seat leg room and its kind of embarrassing when guests climb in and are so scrunched. But, you get what you pay for an for about $20K, I would buy it again."

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE MY CAR!

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE; SMOOTH; RELIABLE"

"DRIVES EXTREMELY WELL; VERY RELIABLE; 2ND MAZDA AND WILL STICK WITH THEM"

Nice body shape. Great MPG.

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "Excellent MPG, nice body shape, rims easy to wash."

Cons: "Poor console, bad factory paint,"

"2013 Madza3 was attractive and very effective on MPG. Mine was 36.9 average since I bought it. Sometimes it hit 41 MPG per a tankful. What I am disappointed about my car is the quality of paint and clearcoat job at factory. Too thin coats! I could see the orange peels in paint condition. I understand that the water-based paint (oil-based now outlawed) may be the reason, but I had seen other brands with thicker clearcoats. The seat was too low so I adjusted the position to highest point. So I could climb out of car easier, but the vision became limited as my head reached to the ceiling. Overall, I am learning to love my car more after I missed Toyota Matrix a lot."

I love it!

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Pros: "no nonsense, no problems, fun"

Cons: "road noise"

"Spunky, smooth, zippy, great gas mileage"

Comfortable, reliable, economical

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, peppy, comfy for long rides, economical"

Cons: "Check for cruise! No guts in snow."

"I have been happy with my Mazda 3, with two exceptions: 1.) It did not come standard with cruise control, which I missed at the dealership and discovered AFTER signing and driving off the lot, and 2.) I wish the vehicle was holding it's resale value better. It's been a peppy, fun-to-drive and reliable car with sporty good looks, but I hope to trade in on a 4WD vehicle for this winter, as the low clearance, front-wheel-drive did not serve me well over this past winter of deep snow in Minnesota's northland."

No leg room in the back seat

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Reason: bad gas mileage

Pros: "Car looks very sporty, and has good pick up"

Cons: "Absolutely no leg room in the back"

"I owned a 2002 Mazda Protege5 before this car, and the first thing I noticed is that this 2010 Mazda3 was the exact same size length wise but there was considerable less leg room in the back. It also wasn't the same quality. The seats were squeaky for some reason, I took back to the mazda dealership a couple times and they re-adjusted it but it would keep squeaking. The car came with premium bose sound, but when I would bump it, there was rattling coming from inside the dash. The other thing to note is this car came with Nav, well the Nav chip is a SDCARD that sits on the dash. During the summer time, the first year we had it the SDCARD failed. I took into the mazda dealership and told me that was a common problem with this car. Because the SDCARD would go bad from the heat. They replaced it but recommended I go buy and extra one and make a copy of it. The NAV does not come with free updates, you have to purchase a new one every couple years for about $125. Which is pretty funny because that how much a new stand alone nav costs nowadays. From the get go the mileage was rated at 30 per gallon in the city, well it was more like 23 per gallon. I didn't drive the car that hard and was checking to see it would get better but it didn't. I swapped our air filter with a KN performance one to see if would getter better, but it stayed about the same. The factory tires on the car were shot after 20k. At 37k, we decided to trade this in because the tires needed to be replaced again, from the outside the wheels looked new, but the inside there was considerable wear. I was surprised to see this because we had the wheels aligned when we got the new tires. Any ways, this car is perfect if you don't mind getting new tires every 20k or so miles. And if you need this car for just two people, or two people and two small children since there is no leg room in the back. Gas mileage is about 23 per gallon in the city, I'm pretty sure it was rated at 30 so be aware of that."

See if you qualify for