2013 Mazda MAZDA3 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,170 - $15,867.

10/8.1

Based on 338 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

No leg room in the back seat

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Reason: bad gas mileage

Pros: "Car looks very sporty, and has good pick up"

Cons: "Absolutely no leg room in the back"

"I owned a 2002 Mazda Protege5 before this car, and the first thing I noticed is that this 2010 Mazda3 was the exact same size length wise but there was considerable less leg room in the back. It also wasn't the same quality. The seats were squeaky for some reason, I took back to the mazda dealership a couple times and they re-adjusted it but it would keep squeaking. The car came with premium bose sound, but when I would bump it, there was rattling coming from inside the dash. The other thing to note is this car came with Nav, well the Nav chip is a SDCARD that sits on the dash. During the summer time, the first year we had it the SDCARD failed. I took into the mazda dealership and told me that was a common problem with this car. Because the SDCARD would go bad from the heat. They replaced it but recommended I go buy and extra one and make a copy of it. The NAV does not come with free updates, you have to purchase a new one every couple years for about $125. Which is pretty funny because that how much a new stand alone nav costs nowadays. From the get go the mileage was rated at 30 per gallon in the city, well it was more like 23 per gallon. I didn't drive the car that hard and was checking to see it would get better but it didn't. I swapped our air filter with a KN performance one to see if would getter better, but it stayed about the same. The factory tires on the car were shot after 20k. At 37k, we decided to trade this in because the tires needed to be replaced again, from the outside the wheels looked new, but the inside there was considerable wear. I was surprised to see this because we had the wheels aligned when we got the new tires. Any ways, this car is perfect if you don't mind getting new tires every 20k or so miles. And if you need this car for just two people, or two people and two small children since there is no leg room in the back. Gas mileage is about 23 per gallon in the city, I'm pretty sure it was rated at 30 so be aware of that."

Poor man's BMW

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "Great driving feel, Great fuel economy, Great tech"

Cons: "Road Noise"

"This car has been a great vehicle to own! I call this the "poor man's BMW" because it is far less to own than a BMW but it offers an amazing driving experience. There are a ton of tech toys (Xenon headlight with AFS, rain-sensing windshield wipers, NAV, Bose soundsystem) that make the overall value of this car amazing. The vehicle gets way better fuel economy than what I was expecting too. On long road trips, I average about 42MPG; in 55MPH zones I have gotten to 52MPG (and that isn't me trusting the computer, that is actual miles divided by total gallons used to fill up). Overall worksmanship and materials exceed other competitors. My only complaint is road noise...unbearable amounts of road noise. I've driven this car across the US twice and the road noise just eats at you like a fly that wont quit buzzing in your face. Overall, I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone needing a daily driver and who doesn't mind the road noise."

Great car with poorly designed seats

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "see the summary"

Cons: "see the summary"

"It's all in the summary"

I LOVE my MAZDA3

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, great gas mileage, good pick up"

Cons: "Bluetoth has trouble connecting on rare occasion"

"I've owned my MAZDA3 as my primary car for just about 2 years now, and it has been an awesome car! I commute 100 miles round trip each day, so I need a comfortable car which gets good gas mileage. My MAZDA3 has delivered on both of those points in spades. This sporty hatchback also provides enough trunk space and back seat room to allow me to take road trips with my wife and 2 young children (and occasionally our dog as well), with everyone staying comfortable and with enough room to go around. I have been completely happy with this car since the day I drove it off the lot!"

Best performance value

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "High performance with the utility of a hatchback"

Cons: "Hard acceleration produces torque steer."

"The 2010 to 2013 Mazdaspeed 3 is the best performance car value today. It is a very civilized car as well, so you can drive it hard or drive it easy depending on the situation. I like the fact that it’s not available as an automatic, unlike many performance-oriented cars. Driving a 6-speed manual these days really separates the men from the boys (sorry ladies). And I get great gas mileage on trips as a result. I don’t miss the sunroof. It adds weight and cost. As a hatchback with the special roof spoiler, it really sets it apart from the ho-hum Mazda3. And the 18” wheels look really great! People seem to notice them right away. Over the last 4 years, I have not had to visit the dealer for any problems, unlike a lot of more expensive brands. So I’m a happy camper. I’m also surprised at how well the trade-in value is today, around $17.5K in very good condition, according to the KBB."