2012 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 386 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

My Best Commuter

By on Friday, April 13, 2012

Pros: "Great looks, handling, mpg"

Cons: "Not the quietest; but I'll trade it with the Pros"

"I purchased my Mazda3 i Touring 6-speed Automatic sedan, brand new, last February 2012. So far after 1500 miles, I still love my new commuter. I love the looks, inside and out, its Bluetooth capability, its handling and its MPG. Currently, I am getting 28 MPG city, roughly 33 MPG city/freeway combined"

Enjoy Overall Experience with Vechicle

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Great Price for all the extras, Efficiency"

Cons: "GPS, Sub standard tires"

"The Mazda 3 is an above average car to drive. Most of my miles are on the highway. I currently average 32 MPG (manual transmission). My vehicle has all the extras (technology package, moon roof, and upgraded sound). I enjoy all of these with the exception of the GPS. Acceleration is good considering the engine size. The vehicle is reliable. I had two issues that were covered during the warranty period (Xeon Head Lamp and short in the Sound System). Driver cab space is roomy. I am 6'4" and do not feel confined while driving."

I love this car!

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

"This is the first new car that I bought. We went and test drove the Honda Fit and the Toyota Matrix. Too much road noise in the other two cars. With the gas prices going up...this the best car for power, capacity, and efficiency. The only two things that havn't like about this car has been the high profile tires (They look nice, but I've alredy had to replace them once at 20,000. The new ones don't ride as nice as the ones that came with the car. About to replace again.) and the A/C system ( We live in Houston and the A/C blower has gone out on this car 2 times.) Other then that we had had no problems with this car. Just wish it had a auto start button on the keychain!"

My Most Favorite Car I Have Owned

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "Acceleration, Braking, Handling"

Cons: "Sooty Exhaust, Annoying Interior Rattle"

"The Mazdaspeed3 is a quick, great handling car that no other car can match at the same price point. I enjoy driving this car everyday. The only negative I have about this car is there is a small, but annoying rattle in the dash."

My dream car

By on Monday, December 30, 2013

Pros: "Excellent handling, stylish design, great value"

Cons: "A bit small for tall people and large dogs"

"After riding in a friend's Mazda 3 in the snow and ice some years ago instantly wanted one. I purchased a 2010 Mazda 3 and after 2 years I still haven't been disappointed! I love driving this car every day. The clutch and the gear box are easy and reliable - no grinding, slipping, or other common problems. This car performs splendidly in the mountains of the Southwest, you don't lose power or have to downshift too far going up the mountains and coming back down is just as manageable. The handling through curves (even in the mountains) is spot-on and you don't have to overthink and compensate for any kind of turn. In slick conditions the traction control kicks in automatically, but you can also turn this off. Having only driven older cars I expected to prefer turning the traction control off, but it does as well (if not better) than a competent driver would do instead. The fuel economy for this style Mazda 3 isn't as great as the others, but you sacrifice handling and performance if you choose the standard models. If you truly enjoy the experience of driving your car, you want the 2.5l 6-speed manual. There are only 2 small features of this car that don't merit a 10/10 rating. The driver's seat can be a little uncomfortable for drives longer than a few hours, if you're not prepared. You can overcome the mild soreness by getting a seat cover/cushion or just stretching. I've made a few cross-country drives with minimal discomfort after figuring out how my seat fits my body. The other feature that can be irritating is the low tire pressure sensor. On occasion it will come on and then go right back off, both when the air pressure was VERY low and another time when it was only slightly low. This can be easily avoided if you check your pressure regularly. If you're not expecting how small a car this size can be inside, make sure to spend some time inside. You can fit a large dog, several kids, or weeks' worth of luggage inside but it still is a small car. Be conscious of this. Overall, I would buy this car again in a heartbeat."