2012 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 380 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

Love this car!

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Great Style, MPG, Fun to drive, great price"

Cons: "Has a cold start but noise dies down in seconds"

Just after I washed her :)

"I absolutely love my Mazda 3 iTouring with Skyactiv! I love the design inside and out and the gas mileage is awesome! I average around 38-39mpg I do a lot of highway driving. I love the way it handles and that it's got some pep to it and I know I have that power if I need it. The speakers are nice and the bluetooth wireless is great. I plan on having this car for a long long time."

Just after I washed her :)

car is near perfect

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

Pros: "great price, very fun to drive, lots of leg room."

Cons: "gas mileage is a little low, transmission is short"

"I bought the car because i had totaled my mini cooper s, and wanted something with about the same performance, but larger. This car is perfect for me, with what i want. Obviously it would not work for everyone because not everyone is used to a stiffer suspension. it is stiffer than a civic or corolla, but it should be, because it has more power, and is designed to be fun to drive. Even though the suspension is as stiff as my mini was, it rides much smoother because of the size and weight of the car. I get decent gas mileage, about 30 highway and 25 around town. Obviously i would prefer better, but i also prefer sportiness to fuel consumption. As for reliability, i have not had a single problem with it. maybe this is normal for japanese cars, but as someone who has owned only jeeps beamers and mercedes', it really makes a difference that i can actually have the car all of the time. The car is great for long rides, because the seat is very comfortable and the car has a lot of cargo room, for how small it is. The transmission is the one and only thing that can drive me a little crazy, because it is a 6speed manual, and the point of having a 6speed in a car like this would be to have 6th gear to be low rpm at highway speeds. However, they designed the transmission to allow for more power in 6th, and thus making all of the other gears shorter. this is more of a preference of mine, it may not bother you if you do not know much about cars. If you were to want a mazda3, but want better gas mileage, definitely look at the skyactiv, because it is not a hybrid, has good power compared to the 2.5L, and gets 40mpg highway. personally, i don't trust new technology, and prefer to wait a couple of years until the kinks have been worked out, but if you are leasing the car or do not keep cars past 100,000 miles, i would definitely tell you to look into it. I am 6'3", and have no problem at all sitting in the car, whether it is the back or front. My friend is 6'6", and when he drives the car, i can sit comfortably behind him, which is nice considering the car is in the same class as a civic."

Great and reliable for the cost

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

"The car handles like a sports car, it is a very smooth vehicle to drive and very comfortable. I enjoy driving in this car. So far very reliable have not had a single issue as i creep up on the 40k mileage mark."

a guaranteed winner

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pros: "quick, nimble, well equipped, good value"

"You owe it to yourself to go drive one of these cars if you are in this market. The SKYACTIVE engine is just phenomenal! This is one quick, nimble little sedan that outdoes the competition hands down. The 6-speed transmission is just snick-snick incredible thru the gears. Even with uh, "spirited" driving I am seeing 30 mpg, I can't wait to get it out on the highway on a long trip. 40 mpg should be no problem."

Great car with loads of features.

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "Tons of options."

Cons: "Can't edit the navigation while car is in motion."

"I was really surprised with the amount of features on this vehicle for the price at around $26k it has adaptive front lighting with bi xenon HID headlamps, push button start, leather, moon roof, navigation, and on the sat. radio you can rewind live radio.Even luxury brands dont have all the features on my car. I bought it in March of 2009 and have had no mechanical issues at all it drives just like new with just under 55k miles on it shifts just as smooth as the day I bought it."