2012 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 370 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

Fun to drive!

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pros: "fuel economy, good looks, fun to drive,"

Cons: "FWD, no tow capacity,"

"When I test-drove 2012 stickshift, I really enjoyed it and I ended up getting a brand new 2013 when it only had 7 miles on it! I traded in 2007 Jeep Wrangler two door. I loved the Jeep, but it was not practical with two kids and a dog. I always wanted to get a stickshift and Mazda 3 is awesome. I really like it a lot. It's fun to drive. It has a pretty good sound system. I wish it had a little bit more of bass, but I think I am going to keep the OEM stereo. Some says the interior is cheap, but I disagree. It has really nice color scheme. The driving seat is comfortable. i haven't sat anywhere else yet. I have a hatchback and the room is a quite improvement from the wrangler. One thing I don't like about it is that I have to take a driver out from my golf back so that the golf club can fit. I gave a nine on reliability as I don't really know how it's going to be. I trust in Mazda, so I am not too concerned about it. I love the new keyless start system. You don't take the key out to get in the car, or when you get out. I don't know why this is not really addressed in any other reviews! Bluetooth work great. I also like how I can use a flash drive to play music. I went to buy a 32GB flash drive for about 20 bucks and plug it in and I have my entire CD collection on the car. I haven't even filled a tank yet. I am about a half way down with 250 miles. on a full tank, I am expecting it will have a 500-mile range. Per the car computer, I am averaging 34MPG at the average speed of 24MPH. I will miss the Jeep in the summer, but I sure won't miss its fuel economy and impracticability! I really enjoy driving it and I am happy!"

car is near perfect

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

Pros: "great price, very fun to drive, lots of leg room."

Cons: "gas mileage is a little low, transmission is short"

"I bought the car because i had totaled my mini cooper s, and wanted something with about the same performance, but larger. This car is perfect for me, with what i want. Obviously it would not work for everyone because not everyone is used to a stiffer suspension. it is stiffer than a civic or corolla, but it should be, because it has more power, and is designed to be fun to drive. Even though the suspension is as stiff as my mini was, it rides much smoother because of the size and weight of the car. I get decent gas mileage, about 30 highway and 25 around town. Obviously i would prefer better, but i also prefer sportiness to fuel consumption. As for reliability, i have not had a single problem with it. maybe this is normal for japanese cars, but as someone who has owned only jeeps beamers and mercedes', it really makes a difference that i can actually have the car all of the time. The car is great for long rides, because the seat is very comfortable and the car has a lot of cargo room, for how small it is. The transmission is the one and only thing that can drive me a little crazy, because it is a 6speed manual, and the point of having a 6speed in a car like this would be to have 6th gear to be low rpm at highway speeds. However, they designed the transmission to allow for more power in 6th, and thus making all of the other gears shorter. this is more of a preference of mine, it may not bother you if you do not know much about cars. If you were to want a mazda3, but want better gas mileage, definitely look at the skyactiv, because it is not a hybrid, has good power compared to the 2.5L, and gets 40mpg highway. personally, i don't trust new technology, and prefer to wait a couple of years until the kinks have been worked out, but if you are leasing the car or do not keep cars past 100,000 miles, i would definitely tell you to look into it. I am 6'3", and have no problem at all sitting in the car, whether it is the back or front. My friend is 6'6", and when he drives the car, i can sit comfortably behind him, which is nice considering the car is in the same class as a civic."

Great and reliable for the cost

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

"The car handles like a sports car, it is a very smooth vehicle to drive and very comfortable. I enjoy driving in this car. So far very reliable have not had a single issue as i creep up on the 40k mileage mark."

Love this car!

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Great Style, MPG, Fun to drive, great price"

Cons: "Has a cold start but noise dies down in seconds"

Just after I washed her :)

"I absolutely love my Mazda 3 iTouring with Skyactiv! I love the design inside and out and the gas mileage is awesome! I average around 38-39mpg I do a lot of highway driving. I love the way it handles and that it's got some pep to it and I know I have that power if I need it. The speakers are nice and the bluetooth wireless is great. I plan on having this car for a long long time."

Just after I washed her :)

a guaranteed winner

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pros: "quick, nimble, well equipped, good value"

"You owe it to yourself to go drive one of these cars if you are in this market. The SKYACTIVE engine is just phenomenal! This is one quick, nimble little sedan that outdoes the competition hands down. The 6-speed transmission is just snick-snick incredible thru the gears. Even with uh, "spirited" driving I am seeing 30 mpg, I can't wait to get it out on the highway on a long trip. 40 mpg should be no problem."