2011 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 389 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

The perfect brand new car!

By on Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"I have wanted a Mazda3 since I knew what they were. I was driving a 2003 Camry, and even though I liked the car, I wasn't impressed with my gas mileage and it was getting to expensive for me to take care of. I am almost 19 years old and on June 16, I drove off of my local Mazda dealership's lot in a brand new, 2011 Mazda3 and I could not be happier. Even though it's only been less than a week, I've already fallen in love with this car. The Mazda3 is great on gas, it is comfortable, stylish, and I know that making the big decision to go with a brand new one will not be a decision I ever think twice about. I believe the Mazda3 is a great choice for anyone's first brand new car. The selection of models is also good for people of all types. The Mazda3 Sport was a little too basic for me, and I was having a tough time realizing that if I got the sport, I would need to give up my automatic lock keychain. The Grand Touring was too expensive for my budget and it had a lot of features I did not need. I ended up driving off with and Touring and I am very happy with the features I have. I gained my automatic lock keychain, cruise control, and bluetooth. Music and audio are two very important things to me, and the sound system in this car is one of, if not, THE best stock systems I've ever heard. I feel safe when driving this car, I feel like I am driving a reliable car, and I know that the money that will go into this car will be money VERY well spent. I did tons of research on cars before purchasing this one because I needed to find the RIGHT car for me, and the Mazda3 is hands down the right, and best, car for me. I suggest ANYONE looking into a new car try out the Mazda3, it will NOT disappoint."

LOVE THIS CAR.

By on Sunday, June 12, 2011

Pros: "price,style inside and out,fast."

Cons: "horn sound."

"I have a vw beetle 99 and it's been giving me some problems for quite some time, but the beetle is my dream car so I didn't want to give it up. It was time to go car shopping. My goal was to get another beetle but newer. so I went to the vw dealership, which is also a mazda car dealership. They didn't have any beetles I liked. I test drove one beetle (hated it) when I got back to the car dealership, I was waiting for the car dealer to come get the key. As I was waiting, I notice this cute different looking car which was the mazda 3. When the car dealer came out, I told I would like to see this car. So he let me test drive it and it was love at first sight/drive. After that I wanted this car, I must have this car. Everyone told me before I set my heart on this car to test drive other cars. So I did, I checked out ford fiesta,honda civic,hyundai elantra. I liked the elantra had a similar look inside to the mazda3. I'm 5'7 and everytime I got into the elantra, I bump my head. the car dealer told me "I would get use to it". I told him "I don't wanna buy a new car that I have to get use to bumping my head." After trying out all these cars, I was still in love with the mazda3 and was determined to get it. I had my mazda3 for only 4 days now and couldn't be happier. Now I didn't get a brand new one. I got a 2010 with power locks and windows and of course with the bluetooth so I can play my ipod touch. I got a very long car payment length but I can see this car style look ain't getting outdated no time soon.I don't have that many cons the horn is like very soft that it makes me laugh when I beep at someone, there is alot of trunk space which I'm not use to. This is a must have car."

What a bargain!

By on Friday, August 13, 2010

"I purchased a fully loaded 3 GT in March and couldn't be happier with my purchase! It's a blast to drive even though I think it could benefit from some additional power. With all the bells and whistles that this car comes with, I can't believe it can be had for under $30k! It only took a 20 minutes behind the wheel of one to figure out that the redesigned 3 was right for me. The interior is better than some cars costing twice(!) as much design is eye candy. Mazda doesn't forget about the small details either - I love how the climate controls blink red or blue depending on how you are adjusting the temp and the ambient glow at night is just right. The looks of the new 3 are love or hate, and I for one was not one of its fans to begin with. Now that I've had it for awhile I have really warmed up to the styling and it makes just about everything else I see on the way to and from work look outdated. My neighbor liked mine so much, he purchased a 3 a month later. If you haven't yet, go test drive one and thank me later!"

Perfect

By on Friday, September 4, 2009

"This is my first car I have ever bought and I absolutely love it. First of all its Beautiful. The new design added a level of class that was missing from the previous design. The drive is comfortable yet responsive ,and I must say sometimes its hard to stay under the speed limit, just because the sheer fun of it. Even the small stuff is done better on the Mazda3. like the glove compartment that has an extra cavity behind that you could fit your laptop and more into. I searched and searched for anything wrong with this car and the best i could do is the placement of the cup-holders, with which if you have a tall cup in it and have the manual version like I have, It can get in the way of your shifting. But that's just a small scratch on an otherwise perfect score. A+"

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "Holds Value, Responsive, Big glove box, Bluetooth"

Cons: "Road noise, voice command interface,"

"I bought the car with 33k miles on it and now im at 50k. havent seen any check engine lights. this car is seriously fun to drive. you can push it to its limits and it grips really well, especially with the peppy 2.5. The hatchback is a great choice over the sedan model, simply because you can carry a lot more cargo. great for long trips, grocery shopping, not to mention a cooler will fit with ease.the ride was jittery at first, then i upgraded to yokohomas, and noticed a signifigant difference. the fuel economy is alright. the engine is very easy to work on.the road noise isnt a huge problem but is higher than average. over all this car is great to commute in, its a sports car and a daily commuter in one."

Zippy, economical and comfortable!

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable, economical, sporty"

Cons: "Doesn't hold it's value, cruise is extra."

"I bought this car new last year, with only 24 miles on it, and proceeded to drive it to the west coast from Minnesota- TWICE. Although I'm middle-aged and suffer some arthritis, I have felt my Mazda 3 is a very comfortable car- even after logging 10-14 hour days in it. The mileage is excellent: I get about 36 city and 40mpg highway, which is higher than the accompanying sales information promised. I also think it's a sporty-looking car. I have seen it turn heads. A down side for me is that I got the nylon seats, and I have a dog... white dog, black seats... the dog hair is extremely difficult to get out of the seat fabric. Also, I feel the paint scratches easily, though it may just be that this is my first black car and it shows up more. The biggest disappointments I've had are that cruise control did NOT come standard on my car, and just now I have learned that this make/ model certainly has not held it's value. Purchase price was $21K, and CV is only about $13!"

Very happy with this car.

By on Thursday, September 5, 2013

Pros: "Good gas mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "Low to ground - mud splashes up"

"Plenty of zoom zoom on highway and good mileage around town."

My Second Vehicle Well Chosen

By on Friday, May 31, 2013

"I have had this car for just over a year and right now, I have just over 28000 miles on it. It is a 2012 Mazda3 Hatchback Skyactiv 6-speed manual. I'm trying to think of something that I would change if I could but I simply can't. I love the feel of the manual transmission. It's pretty smooth and feels like a quality product. The interior feels solid as well and doesn't seem like they tried to get by with the minimum. The cupholders are in the perfect positions as well. That's something that bugged me in my cavalier (1998 model year). Interior space: No complains from the few passengers I've had in the back seat. Driving position is good and it's comfortable for longer trips. I have routinely driven 1-2 hours to get to work and it's comfortable the whole way. Economy: It's rated at somethign like 28/38 with 35 combined. With normal mixed driving I usually get a little bit above 35. During the summer, it feels like the gas is different or something because just recently, I was getting 42+ on the highway at speeds around or under 65. Only problem so far has been when I hit a raccoon. It did something to the under body panels that I need to have looked at. Looks beautiful in black and it's different than almost anything else on the road."

Great handling and driving dynamics

By on Saturday, February 16, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, great handling"

Cons: "Interior noise"

"I have the 2012 i Touring 5HB with the SkyActiv engine. I am averaging 34.3 MPG with an average speed of 45MPH. I love the way this car handles. The steering is spot on. The automatic transmission is very smooth. The front seats are very comfortable. The interior materials are of pretty good quality with the exception of the material on the armrest/console between the front seats. The plastic parts on the door handle and the bottom of the door scratches very easily. My watchband scratches the door handle while reaching around it to get to the window switches. The interior feels a bit tight, especially back seat room. I wish the brakes were a little tighter. My main gripe with my Mazda is the amount of noise at highway speed. It is as bad as my 2007 Ford Escape. My 2011 Nissan Sentra had an extremely quiet ride in comparison to my Mazda but was not fun to drive."

It's a Zoom Zoom Monster :-D

By on Sunday, November 6, 2011

Pros: "Wicked fast and a blast to drive"

Cons: "Suspension can be a little too stiff at times"

"If you're looking for a hot hatchback - one that looks as fast parked as it does passing you with ease, one that oozes the 'Zoom Zoom' DNA and gives you the undeniable impulse to mash your right foot to the floor and hear the engine race to the near 7000 RPM redline and watch with a wide grin as cars two to three times as expensive disappear into the rearview mirror - then this is your car. I have owned quite a number of vehicles in my time but none have evoked the urge to go supersonic as this car. It is simply amazing what an intercooled turbo 4-cylinder engine can accomplish. This car is not for the faint of heart nor is it the car for a new driver. You need experience and self-control when you roll this Zoom Zoom Monster onto the street. It is extremely fast and handles as if it were glued to the street. Along with the race tuned suspension and short-throw 6-speed manual, you get well bolstered and supportive seats to keep you in place when motoring around. The ride is a little stiff and you will get that sensation of being attached to the road as a result. If you live where the roads are not in the best condition, you will notice it. It has plenty of room in the hatch even with the seats up. With the seats down, I was able to fit the box for a 46" LCD in there. The exhaust note has a nice throaty tone but not obnoxious. The Tech Package comes with the HID headlamps that will move in the direction you are turning, the integrated bluetooth is great and allows not only conversations via bluetooth but also allows me to stream music from my iPhone through the sereo without cables. It does have an AUX jack in the center console for other MP3 devices. The Bose stereo is adequate, but that's not why you're buying this car. The integrated GPS unit has a smallish screen but us still useful. The gauges are very easy to read during the day or at night. The keyless entry/lock and keyless start are cool features. It's an awesome vehicle but, again, is not for the faint of heart or inexperienced."

Best compact sedan in the market!

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, good gas milage, sporty feeling."

Cons: "Nothing so far!"

"Corolla and Civic are no competion for the Mazda 3. I have a 5-speed 4-door sedan and drives very nicely. I live on the Sonoma coast in Northern California, so I do a lot of coastal and mountain driving. The trunk is roomy for a compact, the interior doesn't look cheap like other compacts. If you are in the market for a compact car you should seriously consider the Mazda 3."

LOVE LOVE LOVE My Zoom-Zoom

By on Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pros: "Great price, super fun to drive, excellent exterior"

Cons: "None!"

"I can't praise this car enough. I traded in my Camaro for a 3, wanting something with 4 doors and a legitimate backseat. I LOVE it! Super cute, comfortable and oh so fun to drive!"

2011 hatchback S

By on Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"I have had this vehicle for 1 month. Likes: Bose audio system, safety systems, HANDLING and POWER for 2.5 L, and just over all feel driving. I have had BMW X3, Volvo S60, and several Hondas, but for the money this car is just fun. Bought car as back and forth to work car(30-40 miles per day), I find myself looking for reasons to cruise a bit further on the way home or find a twisty section of highway. Besides the Bose audio, you don't find stability, traction control, 6 air bags on Hondas in similar pricing, soft touch dash, Bluetooth phone and audio from my MP3's on my cell, awesome seating and LOOOOOKS from admirers as you pass by. Car is Liquid Silver Metallic and shimmers in the sun. Dislikes are few: Autoshift tranny shifting is reversed from most Forward to upshift , back to down shift, I'm 6 ft 220, seat a bit narrow but not uncomfortable, radio self tuning not sequential numbering, blind spot over left shouder without really cranking head, have to have dealer adjust preferences for some items(3 blink lane change, interior lighting timing). Minor stuff, but then nothings perfect"

Reliable!!!

By on Sunday, February 6, 2011

"The Mazda3 is a perfect vehicle when it comes to style and reliability!! Good for young individuals who attend college. Cheap in gas! the best thing about it is that the Mazda3 tends to stay on high value if you want to sell it or give it in as a trade in! The ONLY thing that bothered me about it (I noticed 4 mths later) is that the back seat have limited space! If you have long legs DO NOT RIDE ON THE BACK! or if you have children that require the use of car seats, you will have a tough time! Other than that, the Mazda # is a very nice vehicle!! I've driven it across the country and ZERO problems!!!!"

In love again.

By on Sunday, September 5, 2010

"I just bought my Mazda3 4 days ago, it might be too early to tell but I am in love. I was driving a Hyundai Accent and really there is no comparison (obviously) but I never knew I was missing anything until I drove my Mazda. It handles like a dream; the road noise is about the same as my accent but that is a small price to pay for everything I have in it. I have the Mazda3 hatchback sport 2.5 it has blue tooth and it's an automatic. I opted out of getting the Bose System and sunroof, I had a sunroof in my Accent I never used and the basic sound system has worked out fine. I have the Copper Red Mica color, it is beautiful! I only have two complaints. The blue tooth is hard of hearing if you are driving on the freeway, I didn't have my phonebook set up yet and had to try over 20 times to get the number right, and the paint on the door handle has already chipped off. The dealer has agreed to fix it, given it happened the first day I took it home (they had put a coating on it to protect the paint) I picked it up without looking over the car and I literally drove it home and parked it in my drive way and when I came out to look it over and admire it I noticed paint missing on the passenger back door. That is a little disappointing given I just got it, but other than that I love my car, I love the price ($19000) is what I ended up getting it for $900 below invoice (I'm all about negotiating) and I got the first oil change for free out of them:) I will recommend this car to anyone; I have no buyer remorse what so ever, I am sad though that while they are fixing the paint I won’t have it to drive☹"

Absolutely LOVE it!

By on Friday, January 22, 2010

"Have had this car for about a month now. Hard to find anything adverse to say about it Traded in a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT, and never looked back. Not quite as powerful overall as my last car, but it is SO much MORE CAR! Handling is incredible! I guess the worst thing I can say is that the mileage isn't stellar! But overall city & highway I am getting 27mpg and that isn't bad. Bluetooth works well, stereo sounds great. And best of all, my 4yo daughter said to me, "I like your new car, Daddy.""

Initial Impression Excellent!

By on Sunday, August 30, 2009

"I bought a 2010 Mazda3i Touring 5-spd under the "Cash for Clunkers" program. After driving the Civic, Impeza, Sentra, and Elantra we settled on the Mazda. Dealer gave me a deal I couldn't refuse at $1000 below invoice (invoice=$17,075), plus the $4500 gov't cash for a final selling price of only $11,575 on a $18,170 msrp car. The Mazda was the most fun to drive, and my teenage kids preferred the styling. After 5 weeks I am thrilled as the car gives me the best of all worlds; adequate performance (it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow), great handling, and excellent mpg. I got 35.1 mpg on the first tank, with mostly backroad driving to and from work, no highways. It's too early to make a judgement on reliability, but the car sites including Consumers Reports give it high ratings. My only suggestion would be to add a push down feature to reverse gear as you can hit reverse in a quick downshift from 5th to 4th if you're not careful. More to come when I own the car for a year or so."

Good Reliable fun to drive car

By on Thursday, November 5, 2015

Pros: "Reliable, Fun, Quick"

Cons: "Small interior"

"Has great suspension for this kind of car. Really hugs the turns, the engine is quite good with the 2.5l it has some good low end torque and good pulls on the freeway. The car is very reliable, not a single issue. Just maintenance. The hatch is really convenient. The inside space is kinda small though but that dosnt bother me, just an observation. Car is great on gas, its really just a smart purchase. Im really surprised by how it corners and the power. I used to own a mustang GT, cobalt ss supercharged."

Best quality compact car!!!

By on Saturday, February 1, 2014

Pros: "Great car and Fun to drive"

Cons: "Styling"

"Vehicle handles great. Value for features included is above other makes. I've never had to take my car in to the dealer for a warranty or recall concern. Still have original tires and brakes on vehicle, although they will probably need replacement by 40,000 to 45,000 miles. Only thing I don't completely like is the styling (the 2014 model is so much nicer!)."

Hands down my favorite car

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, lots of extras"

Cons: "can't think of any"

"I've had three Honda Civics that I loved, but nothing I've owned has compared to my Mazda 3. It is best in pick-up, maneuverability, comfort, style, great bose stereo system, and lots of interior room."

RIP-ROARING

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

"This car and the performance of this car have been electrifying! Mazda set the bar high once again and they continue to create a riveting driving experience. I get complements and wonderous looks, all the time in my Speed3. I wouldn't trade it and will pass this one down to my kid."

The most fun for the money ever!

By on Saturday, July 20, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "the 'smile'"

"This is my 3rd. Mazda 3 and I love it. The first 2 were plain 3s, so I finally got the Mazdaspeed I always wanted. It is a fantastic car and I recommend it to everyone who asks about it. There isn't another car that will accelerate and handle as well for the price."

Great car for little money

By on Sunday, May 26, 2013

Pros: "Value for the money is excellent"

Cons: "Seats no good for long haul. Side mirrors small"

"I am a new Mazda3 S Touring owner and so far i could not be more happy. The handling is quick and precise, while the gas mileage is also good. The seats are not the most comfortable for a long distance (over 50 miles) and the side mirrors are kind of small. Overall, however, i was and remain pleasantly suprised by this vehicle. If it remains reliable for the next 100k miles i dont see why i wouldn't buy another. Great deal for the money."

Love it

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pros: "economy, performance, fun to drive, reliability"

Cons: "Low armrest, even GT lacks some desired options"

"I needed a high milage car to commute 70 miles one way to work and didnt want the headaches of a hybrid. After about 5 months of driving it, my mileage is averaging @ 36mpg at a pretty constant 75mph through gentle rolling hills on 4 lane highway. Comfort is adequate, but not great. The door armrest feels a bit low, and the steering wheel feels a bit far away, even when adjusted all the way out.A travel pillow helps with the armrest. The Bose radio system is very nice. Maintenance has consisted of scheduled oil changes and tire rotations. Tires still have 70% of tread after 20k miles. I would love to see Mazda offer the 2.5 skyactive in the 3. If they do, I will be trading my 2012 for a 2014 with the 2.5."

LOVE IT!!!

By on Monday, September 10, 2012

Pros: "Fun too drive and great on gas."

"Its the best bang for the buck. If I have a bad day I just get in this car and take it out for a drive on the back roads and it puts a smile on my face. I could write for hours about how amazing this car is but go test drive it and it will do a the speaking for itself."