2011 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 348 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

Very good car if bought at the right price

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Lowered in the snow

"Car is Very reliable, No maintinence yet except the usual. Car is sporty, takes turns stable, Good acceleration for being the 'dog' model, Tops at 118 with a govenor. The comfort feels like your driving a higher value car. I have modified my Mazda and its the best vehicle I have owned so far."

Lowered in the snow

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "Holds Value, Responsive, Big glove box, Bluetooth"

Cons: "Road noise, voice command interface,"

"I bought the car with 33k miles on it and now im at 50k. havent seen any check engine lights. this car is seriously fun to drive. you can push it to its limits and it grips really well, especially with the peppy 2.5. The hatchback is a great choice over the sedan model, simply because you can carry a lot more cargo. great for long trips, grocery shopping, not to mention a cooler will fit with ease.the ride was jittery at first, then i upgraded to yokohomas, and noticed a signifigant difference. the fuel economy is alright. the engine is very easy to work on.the road noise isnt a huge problem but is higher than average. over all this car is great to commute in, its a sports car and a daily commuter in one."

This car run awesome and Great Gas Mileage.

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive great car"

Cons: "Head rest not comfy and front cupholders bad spot"

"I Love my Mazda3 it gets around great and gets great gas mileage...Love everything about it except the head rest are very uncomfortable...besides that I Love my Mazda 3"

Love this car!

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

"I bought my 3 brand new in 2010. I perform routine maintenance every 3,000 and such, and to date I've only have to replace tires, of course, and then something with the rear wheels or axel (sorry, I should know this but it was inexpensive and something I've heard is typical with Mazda's for some reason). That is it. Very low cost to own. My only regret is not going all out and spending a little more to purchase the Grand Touring. It would have been well worth it!"

Best quality compact car!!!

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "Great car and Fun to drive"

Cons: "Styling"

"Vehicle handles great. Value for features included is above other makes. I've never had to take my car in to the dealer for a warranty or recall concern. Still have original tires and brakes on vehicle, although they will probably need replacement by 40,000 to 45,000 miles. Only thing I don't completely like is the styling (the 2014 model is so much nicer!)."

Love it!

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage, fun to drive, large trunk"

Cons: "may not be for larger framed people"

"I bought my 2011 Mazda 3 new and have loved it since day one. I have had no problems with it, get great gas mileage (above what they said I would), and get compliments on it all the time. The trunk is huge for the size of the car, the styling is unique and modern, and it drives super smooth. I only gave it a lesser rating on comfort due to the smaller size of the cab which is perfect for me as I'm a female who is 5'8'' but my boyfriend thinks it is a little cramped for bigger people. All in all a great little gas saver!"

Fun reliable trouble free car

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "fun quick car with the 2.5 liter and the 6 speed"

Cons: "small back seat"

"Great car with no maintenance cost other than oil changes and new air filters."

Hands down my favorite car

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, lots of extras"

Cons: "can't think of any"

"I've had three Honda Civics that I loved, but nothing I've owned has compared to my Mazda 3. It is best in pick-up, maneuverability, comfort, style, great bose stereo system, and lots of interior room."

RELIABILITY for long-term owners

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "Price, value, will always run!"

Cons: "A/C can't hack extreme heat =("

"'07 Mazda3, +125k miles of reliability! Driven all over CA, NV, FL, GA, SC, NC, VA, WV. I soon plan to trade in for a truck (of which Mazda has none) BUT!...wanted to say JUST HOW RELIABLE it has been!! 9 stars because A/C is very weak above 90 degree heat. I would absolutely recommend Mazda to ANYONE looking for reliability and long-term ownership."

Car is 16 months old - don't drive it much.

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "Many"

Cons: "Interior rattle - maybe carrying too many items?"

"I have no major complaints. Car makes a bit more noise than I would expect, but I feel I made a good choice. Exeterior paint seems cheap and easy to damage. The MPG is very good for a car this heavy. I'm looking forward to many more good years of service. It is my second car and only gets driven about two days of the week (when the weather is nice)."

Best little car I owned

By on Monday, December 30, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive with little up keep"

Cons: "battery was the size of a motorcycle battery"

"Car has good pickup great handling but I had to replace the battery already it was little, but that doesn't take away from my rating."

My dream car

By on Monday, December 30, 2013

Pros: "Excellent handling, stylish design, great value"

Cons: "A bit small for tall people and large dogs"

"After riding in a friend's Mazda 3 in the snow and ice some years ago instantly wanted one. I purchased a 2010 Mazda 3 and after 2 years I still haven't been disappointed! I love driving this car every day. The clutch and the gear box are easy and reliable - no grinding, slipping, or other common problems. This car performs splendidly in the mountains of the Southwest, you don't lose power or have to downshift too far going up the mountains and coming back down is just as manageable. The handling through curves (even in the mountains) is spot-on and you don't have to overthink and compensate for any kind of turn. In slick conditions the traction control kicks in automatically, but you can also turn this off. Having only driven older cars I expected to prefer turning the traction control off, but it does as well (if not better) than a competent driver would do instead. The fuel economy for this style Mazda 3 isn't as great as the others, but you sacrifice handling and performance if you choose the standard models. If you truly enjoy the experience of driving your car, you want the 2.5l 6-speed manual. There are only 2 small features of this car that don't merit a 10/10 rating. The driver's seat can be a little uncomfortable for drives longer than a few hours, if you're not prepared. You can overcome the mild soreness by getting a seat cover/cushion or just stretching. I've made a few cross-country drives with minimal discomfort after figuring out how my seat fits my body. The other feature that can be irritating is the low tire pressure sensor. On occasion it will come on and then go right back off, both when the air pressure was VERY low and another time when it was only slightly low. This can be easily avoided if you check your pressure regularly. If you're not expecting how small a car this size can be inside, make sure to spend some time inside. You can fit a large dog, several kids, or weeks' worth of luggage inside but it still is a small car. Be conscious of this. Overall, I would buy this car again in a heartbeat."

1st year for "skyactive" Mazda3 5 door hatch

By on Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pros: "Great handling ,kind of peppy"

Cons: "Behind the times on techno gear.POOR resale value"

Blacked out windows,pearl white for Florida sun

"GREAT gas mileage.Gets 32mpg around town.Handles great & looks good too. Until they(Mazda) came out w/ the 2014 model. Now it is the ugly sister no one wants to date. Worst part is a car that used to hold it's resale value very well no longer does,because of the redesign.Got my 2012 the summer of 2012 .Had a sticker price of $23K. Had to have the Bose system to get the sunroof & the an extra $250 for pearl white paint.BUT when I went to trade it in last month the best offer I could get was $14K.Took a $9K hit to own the cat a year & a half.Bummer"

Blacked out windows,pearl white for Florida sun

Excellent in every way

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Cons: "Didn't get cruise control which I wanted"

"Very very nice car for the money. Seems like it was built for me to drive.just excellent in every way including great handling"

Best so far!

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great price, convenient!"

Cons: "No space for trash bag...but thats it!"

"My Mazda3 s Grand Touring has been a dream! This is my 3rd Mazda and I am hooked! I love how they think about what the driver needs and what will work for them, also I love my Mazda dealership because they are AMAZING! Awesome car for a good price and it is elegant and smooth riding with all the bells and whistles of a car that costs twice as much! I have a boyfriend and 3 kids to take places with me...and my little car works great for us!"

Best Value if practical AND fun is the goal.

By on Monday, December 09, 2013

Pros: "Value, Fun, Reliable"

Cons: "Can be a stiff ride"

"I have owned this car for 6 months now, zero issues with it. It has plenty of room for a family, a generous cargo space in the hatch, and handles well. That said, the ride is on the stiff side geared more towards performace and the torque steer is present though you get used to it. I don't think the torque steer is nearly as bad as the magazine reviews have made it out to be. I have consistantly managed to get better than sticker mileage from it. If your willing to compromise a bit of comfort for fun and still need a grocery getter, it's hard to do any better."

I wish i perchased a diferent car, waist of $

By on Sunday, December 08, 2013

Pros: "good priced"

Cons: "everything but the price"

"When I purchased this car I really wanted a fun toy car to mod and look good driving it. what brought me to this car was the price for the power it had. But now that I own it I cant stand the way it looks (the front smile) the interior is very blah,and you can barley get traction. if I shift fast my third gear always grinds and is very notchy in all the gears. if I were to do it again I would go back and build a 1g talon or just spend the extra money and get a Mitsubishi Evolution."

Love this car but am concerned about quality

By on Saturday, December 07, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, good gas mileage"

Cons: "Tire cupping, dashboard warping, small navigation"

"I bought a 2012 Mazda 3 i Grand Touring with the tech package in November 2012. The good stuff: I have a long commute to work each day and this car is a lot of fun to drive. It's a spunky car that can make sharp turns and can do U-turns easily within 2 lanes. The car handles really well overall. The surround sound Bose system sounds great and is definitely a nice touch if you love to listen to music. The blind spot detection is a very useful tool also. Gas mileage is pretty good; I get about 35mpg with combined city/highway (and I drive it like a race car driver). Headlights are nice and bright and move with the car while you go around turns (this isn't as useful as it seems it would be but it's kinda neat). The not-so-good stuff: The first summer I had the car (about 7-8 months after purchasing it) the dashboard warped and came disconnected from the top display. This was covered under warranty but of course the concern is what's going to happen this upcoming summer when the car is no longer under warranty. Plus, that's pretty cheap that the dashboard warped. For some unknown reason the inside of my visors turned pink and had to be replaced. The visor clip on the driver's side cracked and also had to be replaced. I had the tires rotated a few weeks ago and now have loud road noise and vibration. Turns out, the way the suspension is set up on the Mazda 3 it is common to get inside cupping on the back tires and when they're rotated to the front you get the loud road noise. My husband is looking into changing the cambers but I'm a little annoyed that anything needs to be changed on a 1 year old car. The navigation is really small, difficult to read and use, and in my opinion is basically useless. If I need navigation I usually just use my phone. I don't use navigation very often so this isn't a big issue for me but is worth noting. Overall I really enjoy the actual drive experience, the horsepower, the gas mileage, surround sound Bose system, and blind spot detection. I am not very impressed with the quality of the car yet but am hoping that this car proves me wrong in the upcoming years."

Love this car but it is definitely not a luxury ca

By on Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pros: "Good car for the value"

"I bought my car in August. I was looking for something reliable with good gas mileage. I'm 23 and did not want a car that high schoolers drive, yet can't afford a luxury vehicle. This car is a nice medium of what I wanted. The interior is pretty with the blue dashboard lights and I love the outside look of the car. One drawback is that this car kind of feels like a toy car. It just doesn't feel like a safe vehicle. The interior is mostly plastic thin material and the seats aren't that comfortable. Overall it handles well and looks nice and is affordable. You get what you pay for. Also, when merging onto a highway the RPMs go up to ~ 4 when you try to speed up. I feel like I have to slam on the gas to get the car to actually GO."

Mazda Speed3

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

"This is my second Speed3 in a row. First was silver. This one is black. The best car I have owned in 45 years. Practical. Large enough that I can put 2 bikes in the back with room left over for luggage. Gets 31 MPG all day long on my 1,000 mile trips. Change oil every 6,000 miles and buy new tires every 30,000 miles. That's it for maintenance. Fun to drive. Turbo provides plenty of get up and go. Excellent handling/steering. Great sound system. Cool leather/cloth interior. Simple the best practical and fun to drive car hands down in the last 5 years."

Excellent car for the money

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

"I bought his car brand new in 2009 when this generation first came out to replace my rx-8 primarily to get better gas mileage. The car has been surprisingly more fun than I expected. The handling of the car is excellent for a front wheel drive. Mazda did a great job of making the driver feel connected to the road. Though I do wish it had a little more power, the fuel economy is really what I bought the car for, and I have seen over 31 mpg highway and typically 28 city/highway combined. While it is not a sports car it is certainly fun enough to keep me happy during my commute and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a fun to drive commuter car."

LOVE my car!

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "Gorgeous interior, speed, so fun to drive"

Cons: "not much room in back for adults/growing kiddos"

"It's beautiful on the inside and handles sooo well. It's very reliable, I take very good care of it and have NEVER had a single issue with it. The engine is amazing, I don't have to worry about putting the pedal to the metal. When I say go it goes and the some, love that! The Bose sound system is incredible, I'm a music junkie so I am very satisfied. Really wish I didn't have to get a bigger car :("

Great reliable vehicle

By on Thursday, November 07, 2013

"1st Mazda I've owned and its never been in shop for anything."

This car surpassed my expectations.

By on Monday, November 04, 2013

"Great road handling and comfortable interior. Has all the bells and whistles you could want. My only complaint is the gas mileage never reached what I expected.Good on road trips, but maybe 18 MPG in town."

i love it

By on Monday, November 04, 2013

Pros: "good engine, driving is fun, fuel economy is good"

Cons: "tire preassure sensors"

"drove almost 90,000 miles and had no problems with it. Except tire pressure sensors: these things made from aluminium are very fragile in the winter temperatures and I have to replace all of them to normal valves. Had no other problems at all."