2011 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 371 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

no maintenance plan needed

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "all pro"

Cons: "no con"

"my 2005 mazda 3, 2.5 has been excellent. in 232,000 miles all i have repaired is 2 altenators, some switch problems with the ac and a factory forgotten cabin filter. 'my bad' is i have not followed any maintenance plans except gas, tires,oil and other basics. i am buying another just like it."

Good boy racer, fun new car, quick, zippy, fun.

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pros: "Zippy, quick, fun. Useful size and hatch."

Cons: "Can be choppy on uneven pavement."

"This is a fun car overall. It's a little race car, although it isn't all that fast. Would be a great car for a new buyer, however I'm 40 , and I'm not as much of a boy racer as I used to be. The inside is clean and functional. It will seat four comfortably (for a smaller car). Hatch is useful and can store a bit (again, for a small car). The suspension is springy, which makes it fun in the twisty roads. My eight year old son loves it. However, my wife suffers from motion sickness, and this car is not something she likes to get into. I would recommend this car if you are looking for a fun car, great reliability, and a little zip. Not something if you are looking for a refined car."

By on Saturday, April 07, 2012

Pros: "Great Gas milage and fun to drive."

Cons: "None so far"

"I have owned this car for two months, so far it is the best new car I have ever purchased. The SkyActiv system has so far been all they promised, I took the car for its first long road trip last weekend and it got 38.7 MPG on the highway and gets 28 around town, it has a nice ride and is fun to drive and my wife absolutely loves it!"

Great, great car!

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive,Great Handling, Nice features are std"

Cons: "Road noise, cup holders in bad spot for manual"

"I owned a 626 a while back and missed the Mazda handling. I settled on the Mazda3 hatchback and love it! The same great handling, a fun sporty ride. The MP3, bluetooth and heads-up display are great tech package features that come standard. When the seats are folded down, the back is plenty of room to hold all of my camping gear. Maintenance costs have been light, 5K mile oil changes and non-synthetic requirements. Cons are the excessive road noise can make bluetooth conversations difficult. If you have a manual transmission, the cup holder is directly behind the shifter and tall drinks interfere. The back seats have limited legroom. Its fine for kids, but cramped for adults. The car is sport tuned, so the gas mileage (list 21/28) isn't as good as it could be for this sized car. However, I do a lot of driving and I'm routinely at 27-28mpg. If I'm very gas conscious (and the real-time fuel efficiency heads-up makes this easy), I can maintain 30-31mpg."

Traded CX7 for Mazda3HB---back to loving Mazda!

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive....great and smooth shifting."

Cons: "The newly designed smaller side mirrors"

"Overall it is a great car...shifting is smooth, exterior is nice and sleek. I think the interior, especially the seat material is a cheap looking especially for a touring model. Like the feel of the car on the open road, handles like a Miata on turns...great on gas...got 43 on my 1st all highway tank of gas. I think Mazda can do better on road noise issues.....this is the best compromise if you do not want an SUV that drinks gas or a sedan that cannot hold cargo....the Mazda3 with Skyactiv is the best of both worlds....great on gas and holds cargo with rear seats folded down. Zoom zoom zoom :))))"

Best car I've every owned

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "Price, luxurious, features, comfort, FUN to drive!"

Cons: "None."

"I love this car. For the price, it completely destroys every other car in it's class with features, how amazing it is to drive (fun, responsive, quick, sporty, comfortable, quiet, luxurious), the interior is amazingly luxurious, especially for the price. The car is a blast to drive, the technology in it is VERY well thought out and implemented and easy to use, the whole car overall is just simply amazing. I will absolutely get this car again as my next car, just the same way."

Wonderful value, fun car to drive

By on Thursday, January 05, 2012

Pros: "Good value, fun to drive"

Cons: "Blind spot in front as described above"

"Recently purchased a Mazda 3 2012. Wonderful value, and a fun car to drive. Perfect for city driving and parking, great on the highway. Excellent gas mileage. One caution- Where the front windshield meets the passenger window, the frame is wide. This causes a blind spot when crossing the road as a small vehicle can disappear from view. Just use caution, check carefully and exit slowly to adjust your view before crossing. It is the only drawback, otherwise very well thought out engineering."

Lives up to the hype, but wish it was quieter.

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "Fantastic performance, gas mileage, function."

Cons: "Can be noisy on rough roads."

"I have owned a half-dozen or so new sporty cars (e.g. Solstice GXP, Mustang GT) in the last ten years, including the first generation Mazdaspeed3, and this has been my favorite overall. Where some of the others had serious shortcomings that did not make up for great performance (space - Solstice, gas mileage - Mustang, reliability - 2006 Speed3), this 2010 Mazdaspeed3 has been exceptional in all departments. I average 27mpg in real-world driving and yet never lack for power. I have not had any mechanical problems and love the ride, razor-sharp handling, and even the unusual appearance (still looks like it's grinning at me). There is less torque steer than in the first-gen and no less turbo thrust, which I much enjoy. The interior is both stylish, in monochrome black, and comfortable for four adults. The hatchback is very useful and convenient and swallows groceries, packages, luggage or even construction equipment. If I had one single gripe with the car it would be that on the uneven and poorly maintained roads out in the country where I live, the Mazdaspeed3 can be rather loud at cruising speed (55-65mph). The excellent stock stereo can be cranked up to cover the sound, but I constantly find myself wishing Mazda had charged another $500 for the car and added 50 extra pounds of sound insulation. Still, a few twisty roads later and I fall in love with this car again, and again, and again... As a testament to my delight with this superlative car, I plan to get the next generation when it appears with the new Skyactive engine... assuming they turbo-charge it, of course."

Unsure right now

By on Monday, January 02, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage"

Cons: "Noises under the hood"

"The car is ok, but I hear a lot of whistling sounds under the hood. The mechanic said it is the electronic steering system and is normal. I am not sure about this. It also makes lawn mower sounds on winding roads. I hope it is not a skyactiv tech issue. Great gas mileage."

Mazda is the leader

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "Great interior, a blast to drive"

Cons: "No driver ceiling handle, no steering wheel grips"

"If you want a compact sedan or hatch with the best interior, smallest turning circle, push-button start, and here's a new one - 6-speed manual in a higher trim level - this is your car. And only Mazda can give you all this with a NON-black interior if you choose. Try any other car with this combination and at this price, forget it - you need to start looking at BMWs. Under $30,000, VW's GTI comes closest, but it's heavier, has a turning circle almost two feet bigger, and just like everyone else besides Mazda, forces you into a suffocating black interior/black headliner. The Mazda3 s Grand Touring isn't perfect - it's louder than I'd like, the tires have no grip on wet surfaces, the mileage should be a little better given it's light weight (although to be fair I have the larger 2.5L engine), but every other complaint is just minor or else subjective opinion. What's not subjective is that it's great to drive, tight-looking and feeling, and has a a SUPERB interior. I love mine (it's pearl white with a beige interior since it's HOT in the South), and my next car will definitely be a Mazda. They simply offer more for the buck than anyone but Hyundai or Kia, and their products are more innovative that any other company producing non-luxury cars."