2011 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 341 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

Great quality, very few flaws.

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "good price, quality"

Cons: "heater and air conditioning (see review)"

"I love my Mazda 3 with the skyactiv engine/transmission. My MPG has varied from 40+ on the highway to the lowest of 28 (which still isn't horrible). For the two years I've owned it, I've been impressed by the quality of the vehicle. My only complaint is that I feel the heater and air conditioner are underpowered. It takes a good 10-15 minutes of driving for the heat to really pump out or the air conditioning to get cold. I've owned other small vehicles that performed much better in this category. When I brought this up with the dealer, the technician stated it functioned normally and the front desk stated this is a common complaint. I wouldn't say it is bad enough to stop my from buying one again but it is something to consider."

Excellent car

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "Price, drivability, gas mileage, reliability"

Cons: "back window rattle"

"I have owned my Mazda 3 for 2 years now. The gas mileage is just plain awesome, 40+ on the highway, well over 30 in the city. With my main driving being commuting to work and daily in town driver I only fuel up once every 3 weeks. This skyactive engine has plenty of pep and has no problems getting around traffic. The steering can be compared to an expensive sports car, and my manuel shifts with incredible ease. I am only 5'9 so the interior has plenty of room for me and a passenger, back seat will fit two adults but wouldn't recommend the back seat for a long trip unless its your children. Love the blue tooth, play music from my Iphone with no cables to hook up. Speakers sound very good. Living in Iowa I have plenty of winter driving and this car is a champ, nothing slowed me down this winter. My only complaint is when temps go below freezing there is a weird rattle that comes from the rear window that the dealership says they have heard before, but there is no fix for it. Great car and more for the price. You will enjoy driving it."

2011 Mazda 3. My personal opinion on this car

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "modest price, great gas mileage"

Cons: "Lacks excelleration"

"When taken care of, this vehicle is more than reliable. It will run and run and keep on running. That goes without saying that you treat it as you would any other vehicle; consistently checking fluid levels, regular oil changes, proper maintenance as needed, (which is minimal at best from my experience). Bottom line is, the Mazda 3 is an exceptional vehicle."

Strange Noises, Uncomfortable Seats

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Inexpensive"

Cons: "Mazda customer service is bad."

"I purchased my 2010 Mazda3 iSport in 10/2012. It has made squealing noises and had a jerky transmission the entire time. I've had it in to the dealership techs about 10 times. They have replaced belts and tensioners, but it still makes the noise. They finally escallated it to a Mazda engineer, who told me the noises were 100% normal. The seats are hard and uncomfortable. The standard tires are horrible in snow and rain. Based on my experience, I would not recommend Mazda to others and I will not own a Mazda again after I unload this lemon."

Amazing vehicle

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Great car for the money. Love the performance"

Cons: "Road noise a little louder than would like."

"Great fuel economy and no loss in style. Has excellent get up and go and still get 42 to 43 miles per gallon at 70 MPH. No doubt will be trading in soon on another Mazda."

good for 4 years then trouble...electronic trunk l

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

I don't own this car

Cons: "too expensive to maintain!"

"lock had to be replaced for 415 dollars, battery went dead 150 dollars, also DSC and ABS dash indicators light up on dashboard...dealer service wants 180 dollars just to do a diagnosis on the computer to find the problem which could lead to a hefty repair bill (1,000 or more). since the warranty offered by the dealership is only 36 months I am stuck with the repair costs. I would not by another Mazda product!"

Great car

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

"Only problem is too much road noise. Otherwise, love this car!"

great body style.performs well for size, 2.0 L 4 C

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, like the body style"

Cons: "cheap interior, lots of road noise, short warranty"

"I bought this car new. overall pretty happy with performance. fun to drive. have had it 4 years and just had to change the oil. mostly hwy miles. Interior seems cheap. cloth seats were not treated with any protectant and stained easily (even sweat rings)... seats are pretty uncomfortable in comparison to other cars in comparable class. after the first year I noticed the road noise was more annoying than I prefer, hard to hear radio..after 3 years cd player quit ejecting discs. time to have brakes replaced and new tires but found out left front strut was blown at 50k miles. one auto shop stated they have seen this before on mazdas but normally they should be good for 80k mi. also told I will need a new serpentine belt soon.. of course it is out of warranty (short for todays market and competition) and will be out of pocket expense which isn't minor. called the dealership and all they could tell me was I was out of warranty. I expected routine maintenance but longer durability...wondering what else will need repairing in the near future.."

Mazda 3I 2013 With Skytech

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "I drive to see Family from"

Cons: "I visit Family Monthly in Katy and LaPorte"

"Purchased for the sportiness and much better milage"

Solid fuel saver with performance when you need it

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "price, performance, highway mpg, safe vechicle"

Cons: "city mpg, made over seas"

"I've bought this car new almost 2 years ago and it was definitely a great purchase. I had been looking at ford Fiesta, Chevy Sonic/ Sparxx, Kia Soul and hadn't considered the M3 until we at a Mazda dealership test driving a different car and saw the M3. After testing the Chevy Sonic we came there too see we tested the M3 and it was considerably better performance and gas mileage. The only downside is that the 2014s are so much better on gas and the technology is obliviously better. If you go in the manual mode and race around in the car (on a closed course) your gas mileage will be well under 30mpg, which is understandable but babying the car will truly only get you 32mpg and that should be better."

Very comfortable, super turn radios,fast

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "Mechanically sound super gas mileage"

"Smart looking car, handles great good stereo and options heated seats surprised at quality."

Love it.

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "Drives great in the snow."

"When I was looking for a car, my main goal was to find something that was cute, small and had decent gas mileage. I was able to find that in the Mazda3 Sedan. The Blind Spot Monitoring comes in handy often as I sometimes make lane changes/turns faster than I anticipate. I love not having to worry about a key when entering and exiting my car as I typically have my work bag with me. The thing I was most impressed with is how well it's been driving in the snow and it's very easy to tell when it may have trouble and I can feel the traction control shifting/working. Overall, I love the car. Most people are impressed with how much room the backseat has contrary to how it looks. The speakers are great and I love having a sunroof. I do wish that I would have 'splurged' and bought the top model of the car instead of one step below. The 5 or 6 extra perks it comes with would have been useful to me."

Nice car with interesting issues

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Fun stylish, provides comfort for a small sedan"

Cons: "Noisy cabin, premature tire wear"

"This car is very stylish with real appeal both interior and exterior wise. Runs quiet and is phenomenal in snowy conditions. Nice acceleration, comfortable ride overall although bumps and road imperfections are easily felt. Back seat room seems adequate for anyone 6ft tall or less of moderate build. Nice stereo and controls on the wheel are good. Info screen is placed nicely. Car heats up quick in winter and cools down fast in summer. => Draw backs include, keyless entry system seems questionably responsive. => Gas mileage efficiency continues to go down despite consistent driving patterns... Hmmm => When interior heat is on long periods of time the display will dim until heat is turned off for a while. => Noisy cabin from road noise which means boosting volume for music and hands free bluetooth phone conversations. => When ice forms it collects in the trunk jamb channel which adds to the interior cabin noise as the car sounds like its rear end is going to crack and fall off. => Last but not Least... When this car sits for extended periods ( more than a few days ) the on board computer seems malfunction rendering the car completely inoperable. Mazda doesn't have an answer other than to bring the car in and reboot the system. What a shame because the car is otherwise nice and fun to own and drive."

Great Bang for the buck

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "price for quality"

Cons: "MPG not as advertised"

"Great Price for what you get and decent gas mileage on the highway (skyactive model). After 11000 miles: Highway 36-38 mpg city 26 mpg Combined 32 mpg"

Very nice

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "Just a very good looking car, plenty of leg room"

Cons: "It would be nice to have more of the options"

"I have driven GM products my whole life. I traded my 2003 impala w/229000 miles. Was looking for another impala, when the dealer heard that I average 600-800 miles per week for work he suggested that I take this Mazda3 for a drive. I was immediately impressed with the handling and the bigger than it was feel on the inside. The dealer then informed me that I would average over 30 mpg on the highway I was instantly sold. I have a 4 year old son that loves the car also, he calls it his black sports racer..."

Mazdaspeed3: Excellent ride for the money!

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

2013 Mazdaspeed3 Red

"I bought my 2013 Mazdaspeed3 hoping to get something that had a little more power without spending more than 30k. This car did not disappoint! It has plenty of punch (torque steer is present but NOT an issue, btw) and it looks great while doing it. The handling is the best that I have seen in a compact car and this car can tightly grip corners at speeds that you probably should not try. This amount of precision does come at a cost as the ride can be a little harsh when it is cold outside and the suspension is a bit stiff. But it really is not that bad. The car is well styled on both the exterior and interior (I get compliments frequently) and if I had one criticism it would be that the steering wheel buttons feel a little cheap and I am not a big fan of their placement. This is unlike the stereo/climate control interface, which feels like it should be in a more expensive car. Gas mileage is good but not great. 21 MPG city, 28 hwy is what I have been consistently getting. It uses premium gas, so it costs more to drive than the standard Mazda3, but the fun factor is heads and tails better. I believe this car is very efficient for the amount of power that is put through those front tires. In sum, I think this is a great car for anyone that is interested in a compact car. Particularly if you are someone who is not interested in the humdrum compacts on the road today. Even the standard Mazda3 will not disappoint!"

2013 Mazdaspeed3 Red

I love this car!

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "Great car"

Cons: "Eats tires... Lots-o-money!"

"Wonderful car! Fun to drive and solid built, a bit shy on leg room for the back. Only issue I have had is the way the suspension is tuned. The tires are directional so there is limited rotation and the tuning eats them up. A set of the "right" tires will run you over $1000 and you can expect to get about two yrs out of a set. Other than that, it's my dream car! And I plan on trading her in on a new one just like her! Mazda has won me over!"

Love Love Love!!!

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pros: "Very fun to drive and very dependable"

"I absolutely love my mazda3 and have not had any problems out of it. However, I do feel that it is worth way more than what Kelley blue book says"

Very good car if bought at the right price

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Lowered in the snow

"Car is Very reliable, No maintinence yet except the usual. Car is sporty, takes turns stable, Good acceleration for being the 'dog' model, Tops at 118 with a govenor. The comfort feels like your driving a higher value car. I have modified my Mazda and its the best vehicle I have owned so far."

Lowered in the snow

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "Holds Value, Responsive, Big glove box, Bluetooth"

Cons: "Road noise, voice command interface,"

"I bought the car with 33k miles on it and now im at 50k. havent seen any check engine lights. this car is seriously fun to drive. you can push it to its limits and it grips really well, especially with the peppy 2.5. The hatchback is a great choice over the sedan model, simply because you can carry a lot more cargo. great for long trips, grocery shopping, not to mention a cooler will fit with ease.the ride was jittery at first, then i upgraded to yokohomas, and noticed a signifigant difference. the fuel economy is alright. the engine is very easy to work on.the road noise isnt a huge problem but is higher than average. over all this car is great to commute in, its a sports car and a daily commuter in one."

This car run awesome and Great Gas Mileage.

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive great car"

Cons: "Head rest not comfy and front cupholders bad spot"

"I Love my Mazda3 it gets around great and gets great gas mileage...Love everything about it except the head rest are very uncomfortable...besides that I Love my Mazda 3"

Love this car!

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

"I bought my 3 brand new in 2010. I perform routine maintenance every 3,000 and such, and to date I've only have to replace tires, of course, and then something with the rear wheels or axel (sorry, I should know this but it was inexpensive and something I've heard is typical with Mazda's for some reason). That is it. Very low cost to own. My only regret is not going all out and spending a little more to purchase the Grand Touring. It would have been well worth it!"

Best quality compact car!!!

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "Great car and Fun to drive"

Cons: "Styling"

"Vehicle handles great. Value for features included is above other makes. I've never had to take my car in to the dealer for a warranty or recall concern. Still have original tires and brakes on vehicle, although they will probably need replacement by 40,000 to 45,000 miles. Only thing I don't completely like is the styling (the 2014 model is so much nicer!)."

Love it!

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage, fun to drive, large trunk"

Cons: "may not be for larger framed people"

"I bought my 2011 Mazda 3 new and have loved it since day one. I have had no problems with it, get great gas mileage (above what they said I would), and get compliments on it all the time. The trunk is huge for the size of the car, the styling is unique and modern, and it drives super smooth. I only gave it a lesser rating on comfort due to the smaller size of the cab which is perfect for me as I'm a female who is 5'8'' but my boyfriend thinks it is a little cramped for bigger people. All in all a great little gas saver!"

Fun reliable trouble free car

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "fun quick car with the 2.5 liter and the 6 speed"

Cons: "small back seat"

"Great car with no maintenance cost other than oil changes and new air filters."