2011 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 345 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

Worth every penny!!!

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

"Had this car for 5 years. No problems. Very comfortable and sporty."

Loved this car

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Reason: cut personal expenses

"The positives on this car are numerous. First off the drive-ability and performance were excellent. A nice suspension made for great control on the road. We tended to get around 32 MPG. It was great for long road trips with a nice comfy interior, we could play music or audio books through pandora with the bluetooth, make and recieve phone calls while maintaining focus on the road, and turn on the cruise control for those long stretches of empty highway. There was plenty of space in the trunk, so we could always fit our christmas tree in the back if we put the seats down. We never had any major mechanical issues over the 4 years we owned it, and we never even had to do the brakes. The one and only complaint that we had was that visibility was not great, there are blind spots that can make it tricky to merge or back up without turning around in your seat. But that is merely a side effect of the sporty styling of the body."

It only has maybe two things going for it

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Reason: Car was not what I thought it was

Pros: "fuel economy, reliability,"

Cons: "seats bend, build quality, interior, under powered"

"Ok fuel milage and reliability is all this car has going for it. The build quality is terrible, one of those toy cars are built better. Especially the interior its horrific the seats bend with ease, just feels like a toy car."

Interior cab has too much road noise.

By on Thursday, October 09, 2014

Pros: "Handles great, great price."

Cons: "Too much road noise in interior."

"Car drives great. Has been very reliable. Interior cab has too much road noise. Would love for it to be quieter! Comfortable interior."

Most uncomfortable vehicle EVER!!!

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "Has been reliable"

Cons: "Very uncomfortable, noisy and expensive to service"

"This car drives like a truck. It is very noisy and you can feel every small bump in the road. The radio is the worst I have ever heard. It is virtually impossible to listen to the radio due to its poor quality and the road noise. There are many comparably priced cars that provide significantly more comfort. I urge anyone considering a Mazda 3 to look at the alternatives."

Excellent car, excellent value, outstanding MPG

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

Pros: "Outstanding MPG, good handling reasonable comfort"

Cons: "Seats are a bit flat for me."

"Owned this vehicle almost a year. Initially had a rattle in the rear left, dealer helped locate a loose fender liner and resolved the noise. I LOVE this car. No buyers remorse. Maintenance is easy. Drives great in the mountains, handles well in snow. My 21 year old son took it on a 1200 mile road trip and fell in love with it as well."

Great and reliable for the cost

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

"The car handles like a sports car, it is a very smooth vehicle to drive and very comfortable. I enjoy driving in this car. So far very reliable have not had a single issue as i creep up on the 40k mileage mark."

Great car, rides grat and very economic

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "FAst, smooth, sips gas, and drives great."

Cons: "Sits too low and is too hard for me to get in"

"My wife loves the car, but we want a small CUV because it rains too much in Miami and there is constant flooding. This car sits too low and she's already drowned two other cars"

Miss my Mazda wagon, but this a great, fun drive.

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

"Love this car for an enjoyable and economical ride to work. Like the side view mirrors with blind spot warning lights."

Great Drive-train, fuel economy and pricing.

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Reason: Traded for 2014 Mazda 3

Pros: "driving dynamic, feel, tech and engine specs"

Cons: "old body style, road noise, cheap interior"

"If you are looking for a car on a budget that is fun to drive, has techy features and is not over priced this is your car. I bought my Mazda 3 I Touring in 2012 and I loved it. The car achieved 40 mpg combined (exceeding my expectations) and it had lots of attributes I loved (tech, driving feel, etc.) Pros of the car definitely were price, gas mileage and features. Specifically, bluetooth, horsepower and the stereo system. Combined with the price this made the car have a great bang for the buck. Cons of the car (which I believe have been greatly corrected in the resigned 2014) include a slightly cheap looking interior, road noise and an old and used up body. The new transmission added in the 2012 helped alleviate the last con to a great extent. All in all, the 2012 Mazda 3, I had the sky-active tech, was a great car. I expect my 2014 to be even better."

2010 Mazda3 Sedan

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "very fun, safe, relaible, cute, comfortable,"

Cons: "can not change radio(but system is great so idc)"

"I love this car! I've owned various Chevy's, a Ford,and a Dodge. The mazdas are still my favorite! I've owned an 05 Mazda6, and now my '10 Mazda3. Both were so much fun to drive, they are very compfy, and good on gas. Everyone that gets in my car loves the interior and how sporty it feels and looks. I will own this car until it no longer starts and then I will make it run a little longer! Once a person drives a mazda they fall in love! It happened to me and it will happen to you!! oh! and it was great this past winter, which was horrible, and I just had all-season tires on it."

first-time Mazda buyer, loving it!

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "peppy, cannot beat the options and style at $$"

Cons: "dog catches paw in flip-cover in center console"

"I thoroughly researched this vehicle and remain thoroughly satisfied 7 months into owning the vehicle."

Good car, loud road noise, poor lumbar,

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "good price and fun to drive."

Cons: "road noise"

"You have to test drive this car on highway. You will not like the road noise. Just driving around dealer will not give you the overall picture of road noise. Change holder is sized for a childs hand. No back seat leg room and its kind of embarrassing when guests climb in and are so scrunched. But, you get what you pay for an for about $20K, I would buy it again."

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE MY CAR!

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE; SMOOTH; RELIABLE"

"DRIVES EXTREMELY WELL; VERY RELIABLE; 2ND MAZDA AND WILL STICK WITH THEM"

Nice body shape. Great MPG.

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "Excellent MPG, nice body shape, rims easy to wash."

Cons: "Poor console, bad factory paint,"

"2013 Madza3 was attractive and very effective on MPG. Mine was 36.9 average since I bought it. Sometimes it hit 41 MPG per a tankful. What I am disappointed about my car is the quality of paint and clearcoat job at factory. Too thin coats! I could see the orange peels in paint condition. I understand that the water-based paint (oil-based now outlawed) may be the reason, but I had seen other brands with thicker clearcoats. The seat was too low so I adjusted the position to highest point. So I could climb out of car easier, but the vision became limited as my head reached to the ceiling. Overall, I am learning to love my car more after I missed Toyota Matrix a lot."

I love it!

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Pros: "no nonsense, no problems, fun"

Cons: "road noise"

"Spunky, smooth, zippy, great gas mileage"

Comfortable, reliable, economical

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, peppy, comfy for long rides, economical"

Cons: "Check for cruise! No guts in snow."

"I have been happy with my Mazda 3, with two exceptions: 1.) It did not come standard with cruise control, which I missed at the dealership and discovered AFTER signing and driving off the lot, and 2.) I wish the vehicle was holding it's resale value better. It's been a peppy, fun-to-drive and reliable car with sporty good looks, but I hope to trade in on a 4WD vehicle for this winter, as the low clearance, front-wheel-drive did not serve me well over this past winter of deep snow in Minnesota's northland."

No leg room in the back seat

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Reason: bad gas mileage

Pros: "Car looks very sporty, and has good pick up"

Cons: "Absolutely no leg room in the back"

"I owned a 2002 Mazda Protege5 before this car, and the first thing I noticed is that this 2010 Mazda3 was the exact same size length wise but there was considerable less leg room in the back. It also wasn't the same quality. The seats were squeaky for some reason, I took back to the mazda dealership a couple times and they re-adjusted it but it would keep squeaking. The car came with premium bose sound, but when I would bump it, there was rattling coming from inside the dash. The other thing to note is this car came with Nav, well the Nav chip is a SDCARD that sits on the dash. During the summer time, the first year we had it the SDCARD failed. I took into the mazda dealership and told me that was a common problem with this car. Because the SDCARD would go bad from the heat. They replaced it but recommended I go buy and extra one and make a copy of it. The NAV does not come with free updates, you have to purchase a new one every couple years for about $125. Which is pretty funny because that how much a new stand alone nav costs nowadays. From the get go the mileage was rated at 30 per gallon in the city, well it was more like 23 per gallon. I didn't drive the car that hard and was checking to see it would get better but it didn't. I swapped our air filter with a KN performance one to see if would getter better, but it stayed about the same. The factory tires on the car were shot after 20k. At 37k, we decided to trade this in because the tires needed to be replaced again, from the outside the wheels looked new, but the inside there was considerable wear. I was surprised to see this because we had the wheels aligned when we got the new tires. Any ways, this car is perfect if you don't mind getting new tires every 20k or so miles. And if you need this car for just two people, or two people and two small children since there is no leg room in the back. Gas mileage is about 23 per gallon in the city, I'm pretty sure it was rated at 30 so be aware of that."

Poor man's BMW

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "Great driving feel, Great fuel economy, Great tech"

Cons: "Road Noise"

"This car has been a great vehicle to own! I call this the "poor man's BMW" because it is far less to own than a BMW but it offers an amazing driving experience. There are a ton of tech toys (Xenon headlight with AFS, rain-sensing windshield wipers, NAV, Bose soundsystem) that make the overall value of this car amazing. The vehicle gets way better fuel economy than what I was expecting too. On long road trips, I average about 42MPG; in 55MPH zones I have gotten to 52MPG (and that isn't me trusting the computer, that is actual miles divided by total gallons used to fill up). Overall worksmanship and materials exceed other competitors. My only complaint is road noise...unbearable amounts of road noise. I've driven this car across the US twice and the road noise just eats at you like a fly that wont quit buzzing in your face. Overall, I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone needing a daily driver and who doesn't mind the road noise."

Great car with poorly designed seats

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "see the summary"

Cons: "see the summary"

"It's all in the summary"

I LOVE my MAZDA3

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, great gas mileage, good pick up"

Cons: "Bluetoth has trouble connecting on rare occasion"

"I've owned my MAZDA3 as my primary car for just about 2 years now, and it has been an awesome car! I commute 100 miles round trip each day, so I need a comfortable car which gets good gas mileage. My MAZDA3 has delivered on both of those points in spades. This sporty hatchback also provides enough trunk space and back seat room to allow me to take road trips with my wife and 2 young children (and occasionally our dog as well), with everyone staying comfortable and with enough room to go around. I have been completely happy with this car since the day I drove it off the lot!"

Best performance value

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "High performance with the utility of a hatchback"

Cons: "Hard acceleration produces torque steer."

"The 2010 to 2013 Mazdaspeed 3 is the best performance car value today. It is a very civilized car as well, so you can drive it hard or drive it easy depending on the situation. I like the fact that it’s not available as an automatic, unlike many performance-oriented cars. Driving a 6-speed manual these days really separates the men from the boys (sorry ladies). And I get great gas mileage on trips as a result. I don’t miss the sunroof. It adds weight and cost. As a hatchback with the special roof spoiler, it really sets it apart from the ho-hum Mazda3. And the 18” wheels look really great! People seem to notice them right away. Over the last 4 years, I have not had to visit the dealer for any problems, unlike a lot of more expensive brands. So I’m a happy camper. I’m also surprised at how well the trade-in value is today, around $17.5K in very good condition, according to the KBB."

Not a 10 as this is not an EVO but.....

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pros: "very fun to drive, interior quality, and mods"

Cons: "smiley face"

"This car comes really close to it. I love this car. it's very modifiable. you can literally take this car and it will outperform in a heartbeat. my suggestion if buying this vehicle is to do some research on mazda speed forums. you will get all the info you need and on what to look for in a used as these cars could literally be beaten by someone who just doesn't know how to modify or just a bad owner. If i had to change something it would be the smiley face on it. but it's true to its nature as it will leave you smiling too."

I love this car, would buy again!

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, great price, stylish, and feel safe."

"It took me a while to find the right car for me, and I have to say, I love my car. The style and price were just icing on the cake. I feel like it is a quality car with great mileage. I will continue to buy Mazda because of how much I love my car."

Great combination of performance and practicality

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "Performance and Value"

Cons: "Acceleration in lower gears is governed"

"This car was a great value @ around $26K, delivering 265 HP, bluetooth, navigation, and a great sound system. The Speed3 handles very well, although there is a little torque steer at play especially when accelerating rapidly. The manual transmission is smooth and easy to operate, and acceleration is outstanding in 3rd and 4th gear. I believe the engine is governed in 1st and 2nd gear, so the car doesn't really take off from the start. The power and accessories come at a small price - seats are manual as are the headlights. Gas mileage is great - around 25 MPG in mixed driving which exceeds the dealer's published figure I believe. The Tech package is money well spent for the push button ignition, premium sound, and navigation (although the navigation is quite small, it's functional). Overall, there is plenty of room for 4 people plus storage in the hatch, and the car is a blast to drive."