2010 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 389 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

My new Mazda 3

By on Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pros: "best all-around small car for the price."

Cons: "None so far. None expected."

If you need versatility, get a sunroof

"A friend persistently asked me to sell him my much loved 2007 Mazda 3. He wanted a reliable, high mpg well-cared-for car for his daughter to take to college. I had 67,000 trouble-free miles on it and had planned to keep it, but finally gave in and bought myself a new Mazda 3 "Skyactiv" hatchback as a replacement. my 2nd Mazda 3 and our family's 10th Mazda since 1991. I've only driven the car for 1800 miles, but so far it's been great and typical of Mazda's fine quality. I could only get a sunroof (helpful for hauling long pieces of lumber for some of my projects) with the Skactiv technology if I took the 6-speed automatic. So I did. This car is amazing! the Skyactiv has a 2.0 litre engine so does not have the power of my 2.3 Mazda 3. I kind of miss the 5-speed manual transmission too, Still the new "3" has about the same level of performance and returns much greater mileage. In just around-town driving I get an average 35-37 mpg. I'm sure it will returned well over 40 mpg on a road trip, but I use my Corvette for those adventures. I do like the more aggressive restyling on the front end so I don't feel like I'm driving "the happiest car on earth". Like my earlier Mazda 3, it has a comfortable ride, adequate performance, is comfortable and fun to drive. As is so often the case, the OEM tires on most Mazdas create a bit more road noise than, say, the average Lexus, but it's not objectionable. I've found a number of tire replacements that are much quieter so you'll only have to put up with the road noise for 35K - 40K miles. This is a wonderful little car...."

If you need versatility, get a sunroof

Great car

By on Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pros: "Great handling, fun to drive, good value."

Cons: "Interior attracts dust!"

"I own 2 Mazda vehicles and have had no trouble with either of them. These are my first two Mazda's and so far I am very happy with both of them. They have been reliable and efficient. The 3 is a great handling car, average fuel consumption appears to be in the 27 - 28 mpg range with mixed driving and so far has only required oil changes. Would buy another Mazda if these are the standard of their cars."

Tremondous value in a sporty, fun to drive car.

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, economical, and reliable"

Cons: "Backseats probably best for children"

"I bought my 2010 model in 2009 and have never had a single problem. I get 34mpg on the highway and 28mpg in town. I love the way it handles and feels to drive. It is a bit noisy on the highway and some my find the ride too firm, but I like it that way. Handling and turn in is outstanding in this price class. If you want to enjoy driving, this is a great pick."

A blast to drive and great looking

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "Great mpg"

Cons: "None yet..."

"Really my daughter's choice of car, but after reading reviews, I went along. Went for test drive and was really impressed with performance. Now that we own it, really well crafted and great performance. Early MPG averaging 40 (I have a light foot so figure my daughter won't do as well) but very responsive with great handling. With some key accessories, really looks great and Bose sound system cranks out incredible sound. With all of the new technology (bluetooth, etc.), great with SmartPhones/ipod/etc. Just a great experience so far. Will have to see how the reliability piece works out over time."

Great car!

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "Price, Power, Practicality, Insurance, Reliability"

Cons: "Interior could be jazzed up a little more."

"I have owned this car for awhile now, and it keeps impressing me. For the price, you can't get any better! A 2.3 liter direct-injected, turbo-charged, 4 cylinder, putting 260HP and 280TQ is simply amazing! All in the convenient and practical application of a FWD, 5 door hatch. The car puts a lot of power to the front wheels, and with Mazda's torque limiting technology in the first few gears, there is little to no torque steer. If you enjoy modifying your cars, this one is perfect. With a small investment, you can have an amazing track car, while still being practical for the streets. I'm amazed at how well Mazda has designed this car, and i hope they continue to make such great cars in the future."

By on Wednesday, May 12, 2010

"I got the Masda 3 s Sport with the 2.5 engine and absolutly love everything about the vechicle. Love driving in two lane streets and passing vechicles with the pick up it has. Specially like the speed I can maintain during turns. This vechicle defenitly delivers the Zoom-Zoom as advertized. Everyone I know loves the car inside and out. But have to admit it was the interior that did it for me. I was comparing the interior to mitsubishi lancer, and other sporty sedans but the 3 doesnt have competition. Bluetooth works perfectly fine. The BOSE system with the moon roof makes you want to have any excuse to go for a drive!"

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Saturday, February 28, 2015

Pros: "durable"

Cons: "buy appropriate tires for your area."

"I bought this auto as an internet special for 16k out the door tax included. It has been trouble free and no complaints. I do use synthetic oil and don't drive like a stunt driver. It has been the 5th Mazda I have owned with all priors being a mixed bunch of used and new starting with a Protege model the forerunner of the Mazda 3. All were driven to 150k-200k with no problems other than my kids getting them and then an accident or two hauls them to the junk yard. Good snow tires or all weather tires with manual transmission did the job even through really bad ice or snow. Mazda 3 is a nice value but drive with care and it will last and leave you with a good smile!"

Great quality, very few flaws.

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "good price, quality"

Cons: "heater and air conditioning (see review)"

"I love my Mazda 3 with the skyactiv engine/transmission. My MPG has varied from 40+ on the highway to the lowest of 28 (which still isn't horrible). For the two years I've owned it, I've been impressed by the quality of the vehicle. My only complaint is that I feel the heater and air conditioner are underpowered. It takes a good 10-15 minutes of driving for the heat to really pump out or the air conditioning to get cold. I've owned other small vehicles that performed much better in this category. When I brought this up with the dealer, the technician stated it functioned normally and the front desk stated this is a common complaint. I wouldn't say it is bad enough to stop my from buying one again but it is something to consider."

Nice car with interesting issues

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Fun stylish, provides comfort for a small sedan"

Cons: "Noisy cabin, premature tire wear"

"This car is very stylish with real appeal both interior and exterior wise. Runs quiet and is phenomenal in snowy conditions. Nice acceleration, comfortable ride overall although bumps and road imperfections are easily felt. Back seat room seems adequate for anyone 6ft tall or less of moderate build. Nice stereo and controls on the wheel are good. Info screen is placed nicely. Car heats up quick in winter and cools down fast in summer. => Draw backs include, keyless entry system seems questionably responsive. => Gas mileage efficiency continues to go down despite consistent driving patterns... Hmmm => When interior heat is on long periods of time the display will dim until heat is turned off for a while. => Noisy cabin from road noise which means boosting volume for music and hands free bluetooth phone conversations. => When ice forms it collects in the trunk jamb channel which adds to the interior cabin noise as the car sounds like its rear end is going to crack and fall off. => Last but not Least... When this car sits for extended periods ( more than a few days ) the on board computer seems malfunction rendering the car completely inoperable. Mazda doesn't have an answer other than to bring the car in and reboot the system. What a shame because the car is otherwise nice and fun to own and drive."

Love it!

By on Saturday, February 1, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage, fun to drive, large trunk"

Cons: "may not be for larger framed people"

"I bought my 2011 Mazda 3 new and have loved it since day one. I have had no problems with it, get great gas mileage (above what they said I would), and get compliments on it all the time. The trunk is huge for the size of the car, the styling is unique and modern, and it drives super smooth. I only gave it a lesser rating on comfort due to the smaller size of the cab which is perfect for me as I'm a female who is 5'8'' but my boyfriend thinks it is a little cramped for bigger people. All in all a great little gas saver!"

Fun reliable trouble free car

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "fun quick car with the 2.5 liter and the 6 speed"

Cons: "small back seat"

"Great car with no maintenance cost other than oil changes and new air filters."

Love this car but it is definitely not a luxury ca

By on Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pros: "Good car for the value"

"I bought my car in August. I was looking for something reliable with good gas mileage. I'm 23 and did not want a car that high schoolers drive, yet can't afford a luxury vehicle. This car is a nice medium of what I wanted. The interior is pretty with the blue dashboard lights and I love the outside look of the car. One drawback is that this car kind of feels like a toy car. It just doesn't feel like a safe vehicle. The interior is mostly plastic thin material and the seats aren't that comfortable. Overall it handles well and looks nice and is affordable. You get what you pay for. Also, when merging onto a highway the RPMs go up to ~ 4 when you try to speed up. I feel like I have to slam on the gas to get the car to actually GO."

BEST CAR EVER

By on Thursday, October 3, 2013

Pros: "EVERYTHING"

Cons: "MY BF COMPLAINS ITS TOO SMALL HES 6'4" 250 LBS"

RIP ZOOM ZOOM YOU SERVED ME WELL :(

"THIS CAR WAS AWESOME, UNFORTUNATELY I TOTALED IT AFTER GETTING RAN OFF THE ROAD BY A SEMI AND CRASHING THROUGH MEDIAN POLES AND CABLES, BUT BECAUSE OF THE SAFETY FEATURES I ONLY HAD A LITTLE WHIPLASH! WHICH IS SURPRISING BECAUSE I THOUGHT I WAS GUNNA ROLE OVER THE WAY I STARTED SPINNING AT 70 MPH! THIS IS A SUPER COMFY CAR AND LIKE THE MAZDA I HAD USED WITH 200,000 MILES FOR MY 16TH BDAY (26 NOW), I NEEEEEEEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH IT, I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING EXCEPT A MAZDA I HAVE CONVERTED MY SISTER AND HER BFF AS WELL AFTER DRIVING MINE WITHIN 3 MO THEY TRADED IN THEIR CARS! NEW OR EVEN EXTREMELY USED MAZDAS ARE RELIABLE. THESE ARE REALLY WELL BUILT CARS WITH A GOOD AMOUNT OF ROOM, MY ONLY COMPLAINT WOULD BE THE AC EVEN WHEN I HAVE IT WHERE ITS SUPPOSED TO BE POINTED AT YOUR UPPER BODY THE PART THAT BLOWS AT YOUR FEET STILL BLOWS OUT AIR TOO AND FROZE OUT MY FEET, BUT IF YOU LIVE IN A HOT PLACE THE AC REALLY DOES A GOOD JOB OF COOLING IT OFF QUICKLY SO YOU DONT COOK LIKE YOUR IN AN OVEN AT THE BEGINNING OF YOUR DRIVE, SAME GOES FOR THE HEATER. BECAUSE OF ALL THE SAFETY FEATURES GREAT GAS MILEAGE AND ROOM AND RELIABILITY THE MAZDA 3 HATCH BACK OR SEDAN THEY ARE PERFECT FOR SOCCER MOMS OR LIKE ME FULL TIME STUDENTS THAT NEED O TAKE A NAP IN BETWEEN CLASSES IN THE BACK SEAT LOL THE FIRST 3 YRS I PRACTICALLY LIVED IN THIS CARR. I LOVE MAZDAS!!! (I INCLUDED A PIC OF AFTER THE WRECK, I WAS GOING EAST BOUND BUT WENT THROUGH THE POLES AND CABLES YOU SEE BESIDE THE CAR, AND ENDED UP ON THE WEST BOUND SIDE (DONT ASK ME HOW, EVEN THE COP WAS LIKE, HOWD YOU GET ON THIS SIDE WITHOUT ROLLING OVER? AND I WAS LIKE I THINK MY CARS A WIZARD LOL) AND LOOK AT THE DAMAGE, THE DRIVERS SIDE DOSENT EVEN LOOK LIKE ID BEEN IN A WRECK JUST THE PASSENGER SIDE WHICH TOOK THE BRUNT OF IT (3 METAL POLES AND CABLES)AND CAUSED THE SIDE AIR BAG TO GO OFF. THIS CAR DEFIANTLY KEPT ME PROTECTED IN MY TIME OF NEED."

RIP ZOOM ZOOM YOU SERVED ME WELL :(

Reviews don't lie

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Very fun to drive, interior quality, speed"

Cons: "not comfortable for long rides"

"I owned a mazda 3 before and it got totaled in an accident. I could not think of a better car to get into but the mazdaspeed3. It is fast, very responsive on curves, roomy, great quality interior compared to its rivals. Torque steer? yes, sure you can feel some of it when you floor the gas pedal. But is not an issue once you learn how to drive it. The transmission is very smooth and short, even though there is six gears, it slides exactly to the one you direct the stick shift towards. The only "negative" I see in the car is the driver comfort for long drives. I wouldn't recommend for drives over 3 straight hrs."

Most fun to drive

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Cons: "Low to ground/underside-front bumper gets scraped"

"I love my fully-loaded Mazda3 sport hatchback because it's fun to drive and the 10 speaker Bose sound system is wonderful. I play either CDs or music on my Mp3. I get compliments all the time about it's color - celestial blue - and body design."

40 MPG and higher!

By on Monday, July 1, 2013

Pros: "FUN and a great value, unbelievable gas mileage!"

Cons: "small trunk, blue tooth sound quality needs work."

"I bought this car for the gas mileage but found it fun to drive as well! This is a great entry level car, I bought it to drive to the airport on a regular basis but find myself using more as my every day car. It is not a luxury car but it is perfect for what it is designed for. Fun efficient and good looking, I couldn't be happier."

2012 iTouring Hatch with Manual Skyactive

By on Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive and great gas mileage"

Cons: "Blind spot on the HB. Only dealer has 0-20 oil"

"My wife drives this and loves it. We fought over getting manual vs auto, especially since the auto gets one MPG better, but my wife wanted a stick and I can't argue at 40MPG. The transmission is excellent. One of the reasons I gave in was the great reviews I had read about the manual transmissions and even I enjoy driving it. I enjoy watching the mileage as I drive, it lets you know if you have a lead foot. You can really screw up the overall MPG in a day playing with that 6speed. it is also amazing to see the current MPG shoot up on smooth surfaces. I am sure I have sat in the back at least twice and don't feel cramped at 5'9" 210 but the blind spot is a bit of a complaint for us."

Love it for the MPG!

By on Saturday, November 17, 2012

Pros: "excellent MPG, lots of feature for the cost"

Cons: "red dash lights, light in hatchback area too dim"

"Have had my new 2013 Mazda3 hatchback i touring for a few weeks now. MPG is excellent - I'm averaging almost 38 mpg with city/rural driving. The mpg is why I bought this car. Looked at other makes of similar sized cars but the mileage of the Mazda really stood out. Plus it has lots of standard features that similarly priced cars from other companies do not have. I LOVE the passive entry system & push button start! I can keep the key in my purse and NEVER have to get it out. Some have complained about the interior looking cheap, but I think the interior is just fine especially considering the price of this car. I'd rather get good mileage than have an upgraded stereo system any day."

Excellent Value

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Acceleration, Handling, Value, Reliability"

Cons: "Road Noise, Uncomfortable Seats, Stiff Suspension"

"I own a 2010 Mazda3 s with the 2.5l 4-cylinder engine and a 6-speed manual transmission. The car is fun to drive especially for the price. Acceleration is brisk and the cornering is tight. The seats offer great support during these turns as well. The transmission shifts great. However, the seats are not comfortable for long rides. Road noise can be pretty high. Suspension is very stiff, great for cornering but bad for comfort. Haven't had anything happen in the last 30,000 miles mechanically. Reliability so far has been great. If the car was a little bit faster and more comfortable/quiet, I think I would keep it for a long time."

Awesome Car!

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "Very easy on gas and handles beautifully."

Cons: "None yet. Have 21,000 miles on it."

"I bought this car after owning a Chrysler 300. I use to fill up on gas once a week...now it's week and a half or two weeks. Huge difference. Handling is very nice and power is surprising for a four cycl. Interior (black and sandy) is beautiful. Ride is firmer than the Chry 300 but still very acceptable. I have NO complaints about this car. Nice job Mazda!"

Best affordable car I've been in

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "Great price, great fuel economy"

Cons: "My model did not come with power locks standard"

"I bought this as my first brand new car as a sophomore in college. I wanted a sporty looking car, and something that could zip around town. The miles per gallon are amazing on the high way, and the quick acceleration (even in their smaller engine) is awesome. I bought the iSport model because it was my first brand new car, and it was at my spending limit. The 2010 model did not come with power locks, but I made due. There could be worse things in life. For a first car, in my situation, I would buy this car again in a heartbeat."

Fun to drive. Responds well in critical situation.

By on Monday, February 6, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Love the manual 6-speed Trani."

Cons: "Interior on small side Not for large family."

Imagine this in black.

"Fun to drive, holds road great in accident. Took a beating and still drove home. Surprisingly sturdy for a small car. Would buy this car again."

Imagine this in black.

I love it but.....

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, safe and beautiful"

Cons: "no power locks and no keyless entry"

"this car is amazing. its beautiful, fun to drive, safe etc...my only issue with it, and i didnt notice it until i got home is that the 2010 mazda3i touring does not come with keyless entry and also has no power locks in the car. i am a bit shocked that a car this new doesnt come standard with power locks. other than that, this is a perfect car for my family and myself."

INCREDIBLE SPORTS CAR FOR THE MONEY

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pros: "EVERYTHING"

Cons: "NONE"

"I NEVER THOUGHT OF BUYING A MAZDA AFTER OWNING A MINI COOPER S FOR SO LONG, BUT I MADE THE CHANGE AND I AM SO HAPPY ABOUT IT!!!!"

awesome value and performance

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pros: "fast, great handling, fuel savvy, xtras standard"

Cons: "don't like the smiley face appearance."

2011 mazda3i sport 4dr

"I chose this vehicle (4dr isport) initially after reviewing best TCO (total cost of ownership) of vehicles under $20,000. Only the honda civic is similar in size but the mazda3 is much better equipped in features plus horsepower and thats a better value in my book, plus I think the mazda3 is a sportier looking vehicle. Gas mileage for a drive to florida was an amazing 42mpg with weekly driving in the mid 30's. Trunk space is very generous for long trips. The sway bars do an excellent job of keeping the vehicle flat on twisty roads. The standard factory sound system is great too! I must admit i was put off by the smiley face front end and chose a gray color so the smile is less noticable. Good luck in your search!"

2011 mazda3i sport 4dr