2010 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 337 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

Performance and Luxury for under $25K

By on Monday, July 19, 2010

"I got the 5 door hatchback S trim Grand Touring 5 spd Auto w/Manual shift gate and Bose/Moonroof package. Maybe it is because I drove my '98 bone stock Toyota Tacoma for 10 years prior, but I can't say enough about this car and it just feels like a massive upgrade to me. I checked out other cars in it's class and it just blows them away. I didn't want to be stuck driving some boring economy car with no character like a civic or corolla and was willing to go so far as to pay an extra 10 grand for an entry level German sports sedan, but this car delivers and then some. The ride is very sporty due to superior handling, excellent suspension and a 2.5 liter DOHC 16 valve performance engine - a nice amount of power for a car in this size. Sure, you could go low-budget and go for the base 2 liter, but engine in the sport models is larger than any engine in its class and once you experience it, you'll be willing to give up the extra few miles per gallon. I must admit I am not entirely happy with the mileage, but that is mainly because I can't resist winding it up and getting on it, especially when on freeways. This car is a highway machine and always feels like there is an untapped amount of headroom/reserve power available for passing and jumping on it. Ive clocked a nice 8 seconds from 0-60. I couldn't find one with a manual tranny in L.A. and was skeptical of the automatic, but this is a sophisticated and responsive automatic transmission. The adaptive shift logic reacts and adjusts based on terrain and throttle input and the manual shift gate allows you to hold gears, accelerate fast and use engine breaking on hills. The moonroof/Bose package is cool and its a good stereo. Great interior and practical hatchback. Can't lose. I got the car for $21,500 at 0% financing. Unbeatable!"

By on Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"The only gripe I have is the 3 layer waterbased paint chips way to easy!"

SEDAN WITH ATTITUDE!

By on Friday, July 09, 2010

"I purchased this car new for my wife in April, 2010. I must say, I am impressed with this little car. It looks sporty, sounds sporty and best of all IT HANDLES LIKE A ROADSTER!!! FUN TO DRIVE. MAZDA HAS "ZOOM-ZOOM" All the way with this car. By the way, the wife loves it just as much... OUTSTANDING CAR!"

best car reviews but worst car ever

By on Thursday, July 01, 2010

"In March 2010 I purchased a Mazda 3 grand touring sport with manual transmission. After 2 months and only 2300 miles the clutch went out and the dealer replaced they did something wrong took it back they fixed it and 7 days later the clutch burnt out again. Mazda said it was my fault I burnt the clutch but couldn't tell me how I did that. After tellling them about what they did wrong Mazda agreed to fix it one more time but said if the clutch goes out again its all on me. which is not fair Now I picked up the car again and now it is doing the same thing and the funny thing is I haven't been driving the car because I was afraid it happen again and I didn't want to be blamed for it so I didn't want to drive it. now they have to pick it up again before the clutch is completely gone so my idea of this car is do not buy a stick shift get an automatic cuz you might have problems and Mazda will say its your fault."

BANG FOR YOUR BUCK

By on Thursday, July 01, 2010

"The list of options that come standard on this vehicle is what sold me. I was looking at Civics and VW's but the rain-sensing wipers, Xenon headlights that turn when you do, bluetooth, 5 stage heated seats, dual zone climate control, Bose stereo with MP3 capability and 5 disc changer, seat memory, push button start, sunroof....and on and on we go. I opted for the 6-speed manual and love the transmission, surprising low end torque but I agree more power would be accepted with open arms. I bought this car in January and I'm disappointed with how much having the A/C on affects performance, comes with the 4 cylinder territory I suppose. For me, the steering is the best feature, the smallest input is translated to the tires, I've never had a car that's been this precise. I have the hatchback model, I got it because I thought it looked better but also for more room. Not so much, this is a small car, I play golf, and one set is the limit unless you want to put a back seat down. Gas mileage is good, I'm averaging just under 29mpg. The bulk of which is highway miles at a higher speed due to my remote location (80-85 typical speed with a 75 speed limit). The traction control works and can really spoil your fun but turning it off is a breeze for those moments when you want to stretch it's legs and hear your tires scream for mercy. This car craves twisty roads and it's a ton of fun to drive. Pros: Great list of options and incredible steering/handling...confidence inspiring. Cons: Small car, not much in the way of storage room, might be a larger engine than predecessor and can be peppy at times but still could use more power, A/C affects performance. 3,000 mile oil changes....we had a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 5K was the standard, we have a 2008 Honda CR-V and 10K is the average service interval. I understand 3k was the standard for years but in today's market this seems odd, especially for a 4-cylinder import."

great driving sensation

By on Sunday, June 27, 2010

"once you drive this car you will try to take the long way to get home, it's great how you feel the steering wheel, the brakes also work good and it have a very nice exterior look, the only thing i don't like or i don't understand it's why this car don't have no a engine temp. gauge i'm really miss it"

By on Thursday, June 24, 2010

"I like the car very comfortable, good on gas"

Superb car, makes me want to drive again

By on Sunday, June 20, 2010

"It was love at first drive for me with this car. I used to own a @006 Audi A6 2.7T, no slouch but this car with its delightful handling just won me over. I love the way it looks, plenty of power on tap, seats are super comfortable. Rear leg room is ample. Mazda service has been good to me thus far. I do have the Bose package and to be honest it not that great."

Love it!

By on Thursday, June 17, 2010

"I love this vehicle, bought it brand new, had it for about 7 months now. Got the 2.5L and it's got plenty of power, love the rainsense wipers and so far, it seems to be working great. The ride is a little rough and it's the cabin is a little too loud but you get so much car for the money, it's so worth it. One thing I've been having issues with are the memory seats and the dealer haven't been able to figure out what is wrong with it. I'm 5'2 and i have to adjust my seat all the way forward and it seems like the seat gets stuck on the way up and i have to manually get it to where i need it. It only happens when i leave it on the other setting overnight...strange. I do wish, they designed the vehicle with more side protection, people seem to love bumping their car doors on mine! that's just wrong!!! I couldn't be happier with my zoom zoom, I'm already recommending it to all my friends :)"

Awesome!

By on Saturday, June 12, 2010

"I had a 328i before I had this car and it was fantastic until it got banged up in an accident. I chose this care as it was very fun to drive, handled well, and got excellent gas mileage. I average 30-32 mpg and I'm about 50/50 hwy/city (I check the gas mileage each gas change). I've gotten up to 38 mpg for a whole tank, and I'm a pretty fast, aggressive driver. I drive a LOT for work(I have 10k miles on it after 4 months), and it's gotten me out of a few tight places easily. Anyways, someone was on here complaining about "lack of bluetooth funtionality" and how he "couldn't find a single phone that works with the bluetooth". What the heck?! I've had three phones while I've had this car (LG, Blackberry, and now an HTC Droid Incredible), and they all have worked fantastically! They connect right away, and I can control the phone's music from the car, and play it through the speakers with bluetooth. Same with my iPod Touch through bluetooth. Also you can plug the player right into the auxilary jack but I just use bluetooth. Anyways, I thought I'd straighten that out... Love this car! Go buy it! I drove Toyotas, Scions, VWs, Hondas, and others that I can't remember, and this car is SO much better for the price! My boss was shocked after driving it for how much it cost."

See if you qualify for