2010 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 336 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

1st year for "skyactive" Mazda3 5 door hatch

By on Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pros: "Great handling ,kind of peppy"

Cons: "Behind the times on techno gear.POOR resale value"

Blacked out windows,pearl white for Florida sun

"GREAT gas mileage.Gets 32mpg around town.Handles great & looks good too. Until they(Mazda) came out w/ the 2014 model. Now it is the ugly sister no one wants to date. Worst part is a car that used to hold it's resale value very well no longer does,because of the redesign.Got my 2012 the summer of 2012 .Had a sticker price of $23K. Had to have the Bose system to get the sunroof & the an extra $250 for pearl white paint.BUT when I went to trade it in last month the best offer I could get was $14K.Took a $9K hit to own the cat a year & a half.Bummer"

Blacked out windows,pearl white for Florida sun

Excellent in every way

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Cons: "Didn't get cruise control which I wanted"

"Very very nice car for the money. Seems like it was built for me to drive.just excellent in every way including great handling"

Best so far!

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great price, convenient!"

Cons: "No space for trash bag...but thats it!"

"My Mazda3 s Grand Touring has been a dream! This is my 3rd Mazda and I am hooked! I love how they think about what the driver needs and what will work for them, also I love my Mazda dealership because they are AMAZING! Awesome car for a good price and it is elegant and smooth riding with all the bells and whistles of a car that costs twice as much! I have a boyfriend and 3 kids to take places with me...and my little car works great for us!"

Best Value if practical AND fun is the goal.

By on Monday, December 09, 2013

Pros: "Value, Fun, Reliable"

Cons: "Can be a stiff ride"

"I have owned this car for 6 months now, zero issues with it. It has plenty of room for a family, a generous cargo space in the hatch, and handles well. That said, the ride is on the stiff side geared more towards performace and the torque steer is present though you get used to it. I don't think the torque steer is nearly as bad as the magazine reviews have made it out to be. I have consistantly managed to get better than sticker mileage from it. If your willing to compromise a bit of comfort for fun and still need a grocery getter, it's hard to do any better."

I wish i perchased a diferent car, waist of $

By on Sunday, December 08, 2013

Pros: "good priced"

Cons: "everything but the price"

"When I purchased this car I really wanted a fun toy car to mod and look good driving it. what brought me to this car was the price for the power it had. But now that I own it I cant stand the way it looks (the front smile) the interior is very blah,and you can barley get traction. if I shift fast my third gear always grinds and is very notchy in all the gears. if I were to do it again I would go back and build a 1g talon or just spend the extra money and get a Mitsubishi Evolution."

Love this car but am concerned about quality

By on Saturday, December 07, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, good gas mileage"

Cons: "Tire cupping, dashboard warping, small navigation"

"I bought a 2012 Mazda 3 i Grand Touring with the tech package in November 2012. The good stuff: I have a long commute to work each day and this car is a lot of fun to drive. It's a spunky car that can make sharp turns and can do U-turns easily within 2 lanes. The car handles really well overall. The surround sound Bose system sounds great and is definitely a nice touch if you love to listen to music. The blind spot detection is a very useful tool also. Gas mileage is pretty good; I get about 35mpg with combined city/highway (and I drive it like a race car driver). Headlights are nice and bright and move with the car while you go around turns (this isn't as useful as it seems it would be but it's kinda neat). The not-so-good stuff: The first summer I had the car (about 7-8 months after purchasing it) the dashboard warped and came disconnected from the top display. This was covered under warranty but of course the concern is what's going to happen this upcoming summer when the car is no longer under warranty. Plus, that's pretty cheap that the dashboard warped. For some unknown reason the inside of my visors turned pink and had to be replaced. The visor clip on the driver's side cracked and also had to be replaced. I had the tires rotated a few weeks ago and now have loud road noise and vibration. Turns out, the way the suspension is set up on the Mazda 3 it is common to get inside cupping on the back tires and when they're rotated to the front you get the loud road noise. My husband is looking into changing the cambers but I'm a little annoyed that anything needs to be changed on a 1 year old car. The navigation is really small, difficult to read and use, and in my opinion is basically useless. If I need navigation I usually just use my phone. I don't use navigation very often so this isn't a big issue for me but is worth noting. Overall I really enjoy the actual drive experience, the horsepower, the gas mileage, surround sound Bose system, and blind spot detection. I am not very impressed with the quality of the car yet but am hoping that this car proves me wrong in the upcoming years."

Love this car but it is definitely not a luxury ca

By on Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pros: "Good car for the value"

"I bought my car in August. I was looking for something reliable with good gas mileage. I'm 23 and did not want a car that high schoolers drive, yet can't afford a luxury vehicle. This car is a nice medium of what I wanted. The interior is pretty with the blue dashboard lights and I love the outside look of the car. One drawback is that this car kind of feels like a toy car. It just doesn't feel like a safe vehicle. The interior is mostly plastic thin material and the seats aren't that comfortable. Overall it handles well and looks nice and is affordable. You get what you pay for. Also, when merging onto a highway the RPMs go up to ~ 4 when you try to speed up. I feel like I have to slam on the gas to get the car to actually GO."

Mazda Speed3

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

"This is my second Speed3 in a row. First was silver. This one is black. The best car I have owned in 45 years. Practical. Large enough that I can put 2 bikes in the back with room left over for luggage. Gets 31 MPG all day long on my 1,000 mile trips. Change oil every 6,000 miles and buy new tires every 30,000 miles. That's it for maintenance. Fun to drive. Turbo provides plenty of get up and go. Excellent handling/steering. Great sound system. Cool leather/cloth interior. Simple the best practical and fun to drive car hands down in the last 5 years."

Excellent car for the money

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

"I bought his car brand new in 2009 when this generation first came out to replace my rx-8 primarily to get better gas mileage. The car has been surprisingly more fun than I expected. The handling of the car is excellent for a front wheel drive. Mazda did a great job of making the driver feel connected to the road. Though I do wish it had a little more power, the fuel economy is really what I bought the car for, and I have seen over 31 mpg highway and typically 28 city/highway combined. While it is not a sports car it is certainly fun enough to keep me happy during my commute and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a fun to drive commuter car."

LOVE my car!

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "Gorgeous interior, speed, so fun to drive"

Cons: "not much room in back for adults/growing kiddos"

"It's beautiful on the inside and handles sooo well. It's very reliable, I take very good care of it and have NEVER had a single issue with it. The engine is amazing, I don't have to worry about putting the pedal to the metal. When I say go it goes and the some, love that! The Bose sound system is incredible, I'm a music junkie so I am very satisfied. Really wish I didn't have to get a bigger car :("

Great reliable vehicle

By on Thursday, November 07, 2013

"1st Mazda I've owned and its never been in shop for anything."

This car surpassed my expectations.

By on Monday, November 04, 2013

"Great road handling and comfortable interior. Has all the bells and whistles you could want. My only complaint is the gas mileage never reached what I expected.Good on road trips, but maybe 18 MPG in town."

i love it

By on Monday, November 04, 2013

Pros: "good engine, driving is fun, fuel economy is good"

Cons: "tire preassure sensors"

"drove almost 90,000 miles and had no problems with it. Except tire pressure sensors: these things made from aluminium are very fragile in the winter temperatures and I have to replace all of them to normal valves. Had no other problems at all."

Couldn't ask for a better car!

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, good fuel economy, great value."

Cons: "Cabin is slightly small in the back"

"As a recent college graduate who loves driving I chose my Mazda3 since it seemed to provide everything I was looking for; it's extremely cheap to run and maintain and is such a pleasure on the road. Mazda actually made the cabin slightly less soundproof so that drivers can hear the engine and feel more in-tune with the car. I've usually stuck to 6-cylinder cars because I like the pickup but somehow the Skyactive engine doesn't really feel like a 4-cylinder/underpowered. Transmission: I have the 6-speed shiftable automatic and it is SO MUCH FUN to drive. It's essentially a clutchless manual but the car tracks everything the entire way so that it's impossible to stall. For example,it will downshift for you if you have to slam on your brakes, or refuse to let you upshift if the RPMs are too low while in manual mode. Plus you can always put it back to regular automatic if you're less adventurous. Essentially it's like having the racing fun of a manual with the safety of an automatic: best of both worlds! Interior: Feels SLIGHTLY cramped, but only in the back. Otherwise interior is great. I really like the interior lighting, especially the blue trim that flashes on the dash whenever you change something on the radio (it's just cool in the dark!). I have the I-Sport sedan so I can't speak for the hatchback models or the upgraded trims, but it doesn't feel cheap at all. Reliability: Never had an issue with it yet but it's only at 4000 miles. However I did take it on two 1000-mile roadtrips with no issues (actually averaged 550 miles for one tank of gas!). My father had two Mazda Proteges before they were replaced by the Mazda3, if it's anything like they were this car will go 200,000 miles without breaking a sweat. Handling: Arguably the best part of this car. The Mazda3 will EAT corners for breakfast. That being said, the ride will be a little more bumpy that other cars in its class, since they stiffened the suspension to improve handling. Definitely worth the trade-off for me but can be a factor if you just want a car with a smooth ride. Overall, if you are looking for a car that will just get you from Point A to Point B then this may not be the car for you. This is a vehicle that was designed for the experience, and if you want something more comfortable and less flashy then you might want to consider a Toyota or Hyundai. However this is hands-down the best car I've owned."

Incredible car for the price

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "style, price, fun to drive, features"

Cons: "not ultra comfortable,subpar phone integration,mpg"

"I've been leasing this car for a little of 2 years and love it. There's a good chance I'll lease another, newer one at the end of this lease. The car looks fantastic, has great convenience features (I have the S trim w/ Tech Package), and is quite a sporty little car. It's a lot of fun to drive. Check out the "Cons" for the minor complaints I have."

Don't buy this car if your roads are bad

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "looks, steering, interior"

Cons: "awful ride, tires poor, stereo weak"

"I wanted a good handling compact but if I had known how poorly this car rides on anything but smooth roads I never would have bought it. I suggest taking one as a loaner, don't rely on a test drive like I did. The engine is fine, the interior is fine and it looks great. However, the suspension is awful. Tramlines on the freeway, shimmies over bumps and ruts. Brakes are spongy and have a lot of play. The oem tires are also the worst I've ever seen."

mazda 3

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

"love my car gets up and goes great it handles las Vegas heat beautify stereo works great Bluetooth my music and calls and great gas mileage im getting 25 mpg city but i haven't taken her on a long trip yet to see what i can get"

Great car for the money!

By on Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive"

Cons: "Tire wear"

"I have onwned my Mazdaspeed 3 for three years and have put 25k miles on it. It has been very realiable, no issues at all! It is an extreamly fun car to drive, handles well, great power. The only issue I have is the soft tires wear quickly. You need the soft rubber to have fun, but the tires do not last."

In LOVE with this car!

By on Monday, October 14, 2013

Pros: "Very Fun to drive, Economical, Great on Gas"

Cons: "wish I opted for the sunroof!"

"This vehicle has absolutely been the best vehicle I have ever owned. My expanding family is causing me to upgrade to an SUV otherwise I would drive this vehicle until it saw its last day."

BEST CAR EVER

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "EVERYTHING"

Cons: "MY BF COMPLAINS ITS TOO SMALL HES 6'4" 250 LBS"

RIP ZOOM ZOOM YOU SERVED ME WELL :(

"THIS CAR WAS AWESOME, UNFORTUNATELY I TOTALED IT AFTER GETTING RAN OFF THE ROAD BY A SEMI AND CRASHING THROUGH MEDIAN POLES AND CABLES, BUT BECAUSE OF THE SAFETY FEATURES I ONLY HAD A LITTLE WHIPLASH! WHICH IS SURPRISING BECAUSE I THOUGHT I WAS GUNNA ROLE OVER THE WAY I STARTED SPINNING AT 70 MPH! THIS IS A SUPER COMFY CAR AND LIKE THE MAZDA I HAD USED WITH 200,000 MILES FOR MY 16TH BDAY (26 NOW), I NEEEEEEEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH IT, I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING EXCEPT A MAZDA I HAVE CONVERTED MY SISTER AND HER BFF AS WELL AFTER DRIVING MINE WITHIN 3 MO THEY TRADED IN THEIR CARS! NEW OR EVEN EXTREMELY USED MAZDAS ARE RELIABLE. THESE ARE REALLY WELL BUILT CARS WITH A GOOD AMOUNT OF ROOM, MY ONLY COMPLAINT WOULD BE THE AC EVEN WHEN I HAVE IT WHERE ITS SUPPOSED TO BE POINTED AT YOUR UPPER BODY THE PART THAT BLOWS AT YOUR FEET STILL BLOWS OUT AIR TOO AND FROZE OUT MY FEET, BUT IF YOU LIVE IN A HOT PLACE THE AC REALLY DOES A GOOD JOB OF COOLING IT OFF QUICKLY SO YOU DONT COOK LIKE YOUR IN AN OVEN AT THE BEGINNING OF YOUR DRIVE, SAME GOES FOR THE HEATER. BECAUSE OF ALL THE SAFETY FEATURES GREAT GAS MILEAGE AND ROOM AND RELIABILITY THE MAZDA 3 HATCH BACK OR SEDAN THEY ARE PERFECT FOR SOCCER MOMS OR LIKE ME FULL TIME STUDENTS THAT NEED O TAKE A NAP IN BETWEEN CLASSES IN THE BACK SEAT LOL THE FIRST 3 YRS I PRACTICALLY LIVED IN THIS CARR. I LOVE MAZDAS!!! (I INCLUDED A PIC OF AFTER THE WRECK, I WAS GOING EAST BOUND BUT WENT THROUGH THE POLES AND CABLES YOU SEE BESIDE THE CAR, AND ENDED UP ON THE WEST BOUND SIDE (DONT ASK ME HOW, EVEN THE COP WAS LIKE, HOWD YOU GET ON THIS SIDE WITHOUT ROLLING OVER? AND I WAS LIKE I THINK MY CARS A WIZARD LOL) AND LOOK AT THE DAMAGE, THE DRIVERS SIDE DOSENT EVEN LOOK LIKE ID BEEN IN A WRECK JUST THE PASSENGER SIDE WHICH TOOK THE BRUNT OF IT (3 METAL POLES AND CABLES)AND CAUSED THE SIDE AIR BAG TO GO OFF. THIS CAR DEFIANTLY KEPT ME PROTECTED IN MY TIME OF NEED."

RIP ZOOM ZOOM YOU SERVED ME WELL :(

I love this car!!!

By on Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Pros: "fun, economical, sporty"

Cons: "trunk width"

"It is a driving experience. Feels tight like a sports car and gets fantastic mileage. I avg. around 36/37 mpg per tank without driving like a Nancy. The only complaint I have after 1 yr of ownership is that the trunk width is too narrow for my golf clubs with the driver in the bag but I hear the '14 3 has a 2-inch wider trunk. That's the ONLY complaint."

I love my zoom zoom Zuma!

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "Bose Stereo, fun to drive, fuel efficient, nav"

Cons: "Passenger seating in the rear is a joke"

"I have coveted the Mazda 3 hatch since 2004 and earlier this year upgraded to the 2013 Mazda 3 I Grand Touring sedan after much torturous debate. It was exactly what I wanted! I am SO freaking happy! I did a lot of research and found that the Mazda 3 I was looking at was the priciest car in it's class by a little bit. It also had a lot of extra features I didn't think I wanted or needed. I test drove a Hyandi Elantra (felt to big and wide like a boat), a Chevy Cruz (was fine but I was hesitant about buying American) another Honda Civic (too boring and no fun still!) and really considered the Mazda CX5. Ultimately, it was the Mazda3 (made in Japan) I wanted by a long shot. I wanted to be economical and see if I could fall in love with another cheaper car but that was simply not the case. The only thing I changed was the colour, from Velocity Red to Indigo Lights (and boy does it show up every inch of dirt!) I did so much research I think I knew the cars better than the salesman. At the end of the day it had all the stuff I wanted, or didn't know I wanted - sky active, smart key technology, bose stereo, leather seats, seat warmers, navigation, Blind Spot Monitoring (awesome!) and it is so fun to drive! It's zippy, or rather zoomy! My only complaints - it's not as fast a pick up as I would like from a stopped position ie turning infront of on coming traffic and just before I had the car six months, there was an issue with the computers which required a replacement part - something to do with a value and the transmission... It felt like a sign but I chose to ignore the ominous tone and consider the problem fixed. Also, there really is little room in the back for passengers and I consider it at four seater car not five. However, I don't sit in the back so my care factor is fairly low :) If only the rest of my life was as wonderful as my car!"

Love it

By on Saturday, September 28, 2013

Pros: "Smooth Drive, Fun, Great Sound and Design Spacious"

Cons: "Can hear outside noise"

"This was the first car I actually purchased myself, I love the body, and I love the inside. It honestly makes me super happy and I have had no mechanical problems with it. The only reason I would consider getting rid of this car would be noise issues. I can hear everything outside if I'm going faster than 50 mph! I loathe the feeling and constantly drown out the highway with my radio. But honestly in all its defense even the radio sounds great! so that would be my only thubms down."

Zippy, economical and comfortable!

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable, economical, sporty"

Cons: "Doesn't hold it's value, cruise is extra."

"I bought this car new last year, with only 24 miles on it, and proceeded to drive it to the west coast from Minnesota- TWICE. Although I'm middle-aged and suffer some arthritis, I have felt my Mazda 3 is a very comfortable car- even after logging 10-14 hour days in it. The mileage is excellent: I get about 36 city and 40mpg highway, which is higher than the accompanying sales information promised. I also think it's a sporty-looking car. I have seen it turn heads. A down side for me is that I got the nylon seats, and I have a dog... white dog, black seats... the dog hair is extremely difficult to get out of the seat fabric. Also, I feel the paint scratches easily, though it may just be that this is my first black car and it shows up more. The biggest disappointments I've had are that cruise control did NOT come standard on my car, and just now I have learned that this make/ model certainly has not held it's value. Purchase price was $21K, and CV is only about $13!"

Very happy with this car.

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

Pros: "Good gas mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "Low to ground - mud splashes up"

"Plenty of zoom zoom on highway and good mileage around town."

See if you qualify for