2010 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 337 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

Great combination of performance and practicality

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "Performance and Value"

Cons: "Acceleration in lower gears is governed"

"This car was a great value @ around $26K, delivering 265 HP, bluetooth, navigation, and a great sound system. The Speed3 handles very well, although there is a little torque steer at play especially when accelerating rapidly. The manual transmission is smooth and easy to operate, and acceleration is outstanding in 3rd and 4th gear. I believe the engine is governed in 1st and 2nd gear, so the car doesn't really take off from the start. The power and accessories come at a small price - seats are manual as are the headlights. Gas mileage is great - around 25 MPG in mixed driving which exceeds the dealer's published figure I believe. The Tech package is money well spent for the push button ignition, premium sound, and navigation (although the navigation is quite small, it's functional). Overall, there is plenty of room for 4 people plus storage in the hatch, and the car is a blast to drive."

Great quality, very few flaws.

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "good price, quality"

Cons: "heater and air conditioning (see review)"

"I love my Mazda 3 with the skyactiv engine/transmission. My MPG has varied from 40+ on the highway to the lowest of 28 (which still isn't horrible). For the two years I've owned it, I've been impressed by the quality of the vehicle. My only complaint is that I feel the heater and air conditioner are underpowered. It takes a good 10-15 minutes of driving for the heat to really pump out or the air conditioning to get cold. I've owned other small vehicles that performed much better in this category. When I brought this up with the dealer, the technician stated it functioned normally and the front desk stated this is a common complaint. I wouldn't say it is bad enough to stop my from buying one again but it is something to consider."

Excellent car

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "Price, drivability, gas mileage, reliability"

Cons: "back window rattle"

"I have owned my Mazda 3 for 2 years now. The gas mileage is just plain awesome, 40+ on the highway, well over 30 in the city. With my main driving being commuting to work and daily in town driver I only fuel up once every 3 weeks. This skyactive engine has plenty of pep and has no problems getting around traffic. The steering can be compared to an expensive sports car, and my manuel shifts with incredible ease. I am only 5'9 so the interior has plenty of room for me and a passenger, back seat will fit two adults but wouldn't recommend the back seat for a long trip unless its your children. Love the blue tooth, play music from my Iphone with no cables to hook up. Speakers sound very good. Living in Iowa I have plenty of winter driving and this car is a champ, nothing slowed me down this winter. My only complaint is when temps go below freezing there is a weird rattle that comes from the rear window that the dealership says they have heard before, but there is no fix for it. Great car and more for the price. You will enjoy driving it."

2011 Mazda 3. My personal opinion on this car

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "modest price, great gas mileage"

Cons: "Lacks excelleration"

"When taken care of, this vehicle is more than reliable. It will run and run and keep on running. That goes without saying that you treat it as you would any other vehicle; consistently checking fluid levels, regular oil changes, proper maintenance as needed, (which is minimal at best from my experience). Bottom line is, the Mazda 3 is an exceptional vehicle."

Strange Noises, Uncomfortable Seats

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Inexpensive"

Cons: "Mazda customer service is bad."

"I purchased my 2010 Mazda3 iSport in 10/2012. It has made squealing noises and had a jerky transmission the entire time. I've had it in to the dealership techs about 10 times. They have replaced belts and tensioners, but it still makes the noise. They finally escallated it to a Mazda engineer, who told me the noises were 100% normal. The seats are hard and uncomfortable. The standard tires are horrible in snow and rain. Based on my experience, I would not recommend Mazda to others and I will not own a Mazda again after I unload this lemon."

Amazing vehicle

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Great car for the money. Love the performance"

Cons: "Road noise a little louder than would like."

"Great fuel economy and no loss in style. Has excellent get up and go and still get 42 to 43 miles per gallon at 70 MPH. No doubt will be trading in soon on another Mazda."

good for 4 years then trouble...electronic trunk l

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

I don't own this car

Cons: "too expensive to maintain!"

"lock had to be replaced for 415 dollars, battery went dead 150 dollars, also DSC and ABS dash indicators light up on dashboard...dealer service wants 180 dollars just to do a diagnosis on the computer to find the problem which could lead to a hefty repair bill (1,000 or more). since the warranty offered by the dealership is only 36 months I am stuck with the repair costs. I would not by another Mazda product!"

Great car

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

"Only problem is too much road noise. Otherwise, love this car!"

great body style.performs well for size, 2.0 L 4 C

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, like the body style"

Cons: "cheap interior, lots of road noise, short warranty"

"I bought this car new. overall pretty happy with performance. fun to drive. have had it 4 years and just had to change the oil. mostly hwy miles. Interior seems cheap. cloth seats were not treated with any protectant and stained easily (even sweat rings)... seats are pretty uncomfortable in comparison to other cars in comparable class. after the first year I noticed the road noise was more annoying than I prefer, hard to hear radio..after 3 years cd player quit ejecting discs. time to have brakes replaced and new tires but found out left front strut was blown at 50k miles. one auto shop stated they have seen this before on mazdas but normally they should be good for 80k mi. also told I will need a new serpentine belt soon.. of course it is out of warranty (short for todays market and competition) and will be out of pocket expense which isn't minor. called the dealership and all they could tell me was I was out of warranty. I expected routine maintenance but longer durability...wondering what else will need repairing in the near future.."

Mazda 3I 2013 With Skytech

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "I drive to see Family from"

Cons: "I visit Family Monthly in Katy and LaPorte"

"Purchased for the sportiness and much better milage"

See if you qualify for