2010 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 366 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

Love it!

By on Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pros: "bluetooth, telescopic steering wheel, auxiliary power (always on)"

Cons: "price of s trim, no usb port"

"I've had this car for only 3 months but I've loved every minute of it. It was my first brand new purchase and I have no regrets! I use the bluetooth the most out of all the features, and I never thought I would be able to go from a coupe to a sedan but the mazda3 maintains the sportiness and even the handling of many coupes on the market today. Highly recommended, a blast to drive!"

Fun to drive, good mileage, quiet, sporty ride

By on Friday, December 14, 2012

Pros: "Fun car, pretty quiet, great mileage & handling"

Cons: "Little tight fit inside, but it's an economy car"

"Traded my 10 year old Mazda MPV for a new 2013 Mazda 3i hatchback. MPV was very reliable, so the Mazda 3 was an easy choice. Got 37 mpg on first tank, so mileage should be excellent. No wind noise from windows and pretty quiet overall. Compared Focus, Elantra, and Civic but I felt the skyactiv on the Mazda was a better engineering design. This car is fun to drive. After driving the Mazda 3 for about 2 weeks, I drove my 2008 Honda Accord and it felt clunky compared to the feel of the Mazda. Also like the keyless entry & start, bluetooth, and USB port for using my ipod. I have the upgraded Bose sound system, which is nice, but a bit overpriced like most Bose equipment. I think the 6 speed auto transmission with 2.0L engine works well, though the transmission tends to shift quickly at lower rpm. Probably setup that way to maximize fuel economy. I am satisfied with the black interior, although adding some additional color would likely dress it up a bit more. There are a lot of control buttons on the steering wheel that can be a little overwhelming at first. I like the fairly simplistic layout of the dash controls though. Can't really go wrong with buying this car. It's considered an economy car, but it feels like much, much more."

LOVE IT

By on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Pros: "Gas Mileage, fun to drive"

"Purchased this car back in May, and never had a better car, or driving experience. Able to take tight turns, and have the feel of power without sacrificing the gas milage. I have been averaging around 37 mpg in city on average. back seat interior is small and can be crowded, but overall this is a fantastic car!"

Mazda Speed3

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

"This is my second Speed3 in a row. First was silver. This one is black. The best car I have owned in 45 years. Practical. Large enough that I can put 2 bikes in the back with room left over for luggage. Gets 31 MPG all day long on my 1,000 mile trips. Change oil every 6,000 miles and buy new tires every 30,000 miles. That's it for maintenance. Fun to drive. Turbo provides plenty of get up and go. Excellent handling/steering. Great sound system. Cool leather/cloth interior. Simple the best practical and fun to drive car hands down in the last 5 years."

Solid reliable vehicle with power and economy, fun

By on Friday, March 29, 2013

Pros: "fuel economy, ease of maintenance, styling"

Cons: "need leather seats, power needs improvement"

"I have owned this car for 9 months with 23,000 miles in central NH. I travel a minimum of 100 miles / day over rough roads communting to work. This car is solid and starts quick, cruises well on the highway also and handles the rough back country roads of NH adequately. In snow with snow tires its reasonably solid except for conditions where a 4 WD vehicle is needed. Fuel economy is exceptional with normal blended highway and city consistently at 37-39 MPG. Based on my previous experience with a Mazdaspeed 3 I long for a little more power under the hood, however I fill up only once / week now and that's a huge savings. Though the cloth seats are OK I prefer leather for better comfort. I would buy this car again, but would like to see more power without sacrificing fuel economy. I drive 30-32,000 miles / year."

08' Mazda3 made me a believer/ 12' made me a lifer

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pros: "Cost, Reliability, MPG"

Cons: "Not a fan of the Rain-Sensing Wipers"

"Own the 12' i Touring Mazda 3 and it's fantastic! No other compact sedan can compare to the joy this car gives you. If you're looking for a car that gives you the feeling of control, responsiveness and genuine enjoyment, look no further. Throw in the outstanding fuel economy and you have the perfect compact package. Test drive the car and you'll see!"

One worth checking out!

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "Pricing with the options, fun to drive, great look"

Cons: "Key fob battery dies fast"

"The mazda3 is for car owners that want to be outside of the norm but within budget. As a woman I want my vehicle to be eye-catching and amazing to look at inside and out. As a daily driver I want to be comfortable in my car and know it will keep up with my lead foot all the way. The mazda3 fulfills this and so much more. Do not get me wrong, I am a car fanatic. I want to know about the car from bumper to bumper which typically leaves me knowing more than the person selling the vehicle to me. For the cost, buyers will get more for their money out of a Mazda than any other car I have yet to own. After two years I still enjoy getting in and starting the car. I still enjoy the ride and handling of the vehicle. I can still truly say that I love my car. After owning six new cars, the Mazda is the only one I am still enjoying after two years. But do not just read the reviews and decide from that. Go out and test drive cars of the same value or the same interior options. The Mazda will stand out against all others. Happiest Mazda owner ever! Reilynd PS I own the Mazda 3 s-sport with technology and Bose sound package. 2.5 4-cylinder 4-door sedan. Previously I owned a Honda pilot, Chevy extreme s10, Suzuki, Saturn, Pontiac , and Subaru WRX which I still have. I test drove so many cars in the same category as the Mazda 3 and spent months researching the cars before buying the Mazda. Although I was not extremely pleased with the dealership I dealt with I would fully recommend this car to friends and family which I have done."

Fun to drive!

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pros: "fuel economy, good looks, fun to drive,"

Cons: "FWD, no tow capacity,"

"When I test-drove 2012 stickshift, I really enjoyed it and I ended up getting a brand new 2013 when it only had 7 miles on it! I traded in 2007 Jeep Wrangler two door. I loved the Jeep, but it was not practical with two kids and a dog. I always wanted to get a stickshift and Mazda 3 is awesome. I really like it a lot. It's fun to drive. It has a pretty good sound system. I wish it had a little bit more of bass, but I think I am going to keep the OEM stereo. Some says the interior is cheap, but I disagree. It has really nice color scheme. The driving seat is comfortable. i haven't sat anywhere else yet. I have a hatchback and the room is a quite improvement from the wrangler. One thing I don't like about it is that I have to take a driver out from my golf back so that the golf club can fit. I gave a nine on reliability as I don't really know how it's going to be. I trust in Mazda, so I am not too concerned about it. I love the new keyless start system. You don't take the key out to get in the car, or when you get out. I don't know why this is not really addressed in any other reviews! Bluetooth work great. I also like how I can use a flash drive to play music. I went to buy a 32GB flash drive for about 20 bucks and plug it in and I have my entire CD collection on the car. I haven't even filled a tank yet. I am about a half way down with 250 miles. on a full tank, I am expecting it will have a 500-mile range. Per the car computer, I am averaging 34MPG at the average speed of 24MPH. I will miss the Jeep in the summer, but I sure won't miss its fuel economy and impracticability! I really enjoy driving it and I am happy!"

car is near perfect

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

Pros: "great price, very fun to drive, lots of leg room."

Cons: "gas mileage is a little low, transmission is short"

"I bought the car because i had totaled my mini cooper s, and wanted something with about the same performance, but larger. This car is perfect for me, with what i want. Obviously it would not work for everyone because not everyone is used to a stiffer suspension. it is stiffer than a civic or corolla, but it should be, because it has more power, and is designed to be fun to drive. Even though the suspension is as stiff as my mini was, it rides much smoother because of the size and weight of the car. I get decent gas mileage, about 30 highway and 25 around town. Obviously i would prefer better, but i also prefer sportiness to fuel consumption. As for reliability, i have not had a single problem with it. maybe this is normal for japanese cars, but as someone who has owned only jeeps beamers and mercedes', it really makes a difference that i can actually have the car all of the time. The car is great for long rides, because the seat is very comfortable and the car has a lot of cargo room, for how small it is. The transmission is the one and only thing that can drive me a little crazy, because it is a 6speed manual, and the point of having a 6speed in a car like this would be to have 6th gear to be low rpm at highway speeds. However, they designed the transmission to allow for more power in 6th, and thus making all of the other gears shorter. this is more of a preference of mine, it may not bother you if you do not know much about cars. If you were to want a mazda3, but want better gas mileage, definitely look at the skyactiv, because it is not a hybrid, has good power compared to the 2.5L, and gets 40mpg highway. personally, i don't trust new technology, and prefer to wait a couple of years until the kinks have been worked out, but if you are leasing the car or do not keep cars past 100,000 miles, i would definitely tell you to look into it. I am 6'3", and have no problem at all sitting in the car, whether it is the back or front. My friend is 6'6", and when he drives the car, i can sit comfortably behind him, which is nice considering the car is in the same class as a civic."

Great and reliable for the cost

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

"The car handles like a sports car, it is a very smooth vehicle to drive and very comfortable. I enjoy driving in this car. So far very reliable have not had a single issue as i creep up on the 40k mileage mark."

Love this car!

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Great Style, MPG, Fun to drive, great price"

Cons: "Has a cold start but noise dies down in seconds"

Just after I washed her :)

"I absolutely love my Mazda 3 iTouring with Skyactiv! I love the design inside and out and the gas mileage is awesome! I average around 38-39mpg I do a lot of highway driving. I love the way it handles and that it's got some pep to it and I know I have that power if I need it. The speakers are nice and the bluetooth wireless is great. I plan on having this car for a long long time."

Just after I washed her :)

a guaranteed winner

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pros: "quick, nimble, well equipped, good value"

"You owe it to yourself to go drive one of these cars if you are in this market. The SKYACTIVE engine is just phenomenal! This is one quick, nimble little sedan that outdoes the competition hands down. The 6-speed transmission is just snick-snick incredible thru the gears. Even with uh, "spirited" driving I am seeing 30 mpg, I can't wait to get it out on the highway on a long trip. 40 mpg should be no problem."

Great car with loads of features.

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "Tons of options."

Cons: "Can't edit the navigation while car is in motion."

"I was really surprised with the amount of features on this vehicle for the price at around $26k it has adaptive front lighting with bi xenon HID headlamps, push button start, leather, moon roof, navigation, and on the sat. radio you can rewind live radio.Even luxury brands dont have all the features on my car. I bought it in March of 2009 and have had no mechanical issues at all it drives just like new with just under 55k miles on it shifts just as smooth as the day I bought it."

My Favorite Car So Far!

By on Friday, November 23, 2012

Pros: "Put's a smile on your face everytime."

Cons: "Not so good gas mileage, No power seats"

"Traded in a more expensive VW CC for this car and no regrets. So much fun to drive, driving performance and handling very close to that of a BMW. The seats are very high quality and comfortable on long trips unlike some other cars in it's class. The installed exhaust is of good quality and nice and throaty when you step on it. Simple mods (exhaust and intake) will make this car sound like a race car, all for under $1000 extra, if the user wants it a louder. For under $30,000, you can't compare this to anything else. Oh and don't forget, the headlights move with the steering wheel! My first Mazda, the other Japanese cars don't compare to this."

My Best Commuter

By on Friday, April 13, 2012

Pros: "Great looks, handling, mpg"

Cons: "Not the quietest; but I'll trade it with the Pros"

"I purchased my Mazda3 i Touring 6-speed Automatic sedan, brand new, last February 2012. So far after 1500 miles, I still love my new commuter. I love the looks, inside and out, its Bluetooth capability, its handling and its MPG. Currently, I am getting 28 MPG city, roughly 33 MPG city/freeway combined"

Enjoy Overall Experience with Vechicle

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Great Price for all the extras, Efficiency"

Cons: "GPS, Sub standard tires"

"The Mazda 3 is an above average car to drive. Most of my miles are on the highway. I currently average 32 MPG (manual transmission). My vehicle has all the extras (technology package, moon roof, and upgraded sound). I enjoy all of these with the exception of the GPS. Acceleration is good considering the engine size. The vehicle is reliable. I had two issues that were covered during the warranty period (Xeon Head Lamp and short in the Sound System). Driver cab space is roomy. I am 6'4" and do not feel confined while driving."

I love this car!

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

"This is the first new car that I bought. We went and test drove the Honda Fit and the Toyota Matrix. Too much road noise in the other two cars. With the gas prices going up...this the best car for power, capacity, and efficiency. The only two things that havn't like about this car has been the high profile tires (They look nice, but I've alredy had to replace them once at 20,000. The new ones don't ride as nice as the ones that came with the car. About to replace again.) and the A/C system ( We live in Houston and the A/C blower has gone out on this car 2 times.) Other then that we had had no problems with this car. Just wish it had a auto start button on the keychain!"

My dream car

By on Monday, December 30, 2013

Pros: "Excellent handling, stylish design, great value"

Cons: "A bit small for tall people and large dogs"

"After riding in a friend's Mazda 3 in the snow and ice some years ago instantly wanted one. I purchased a 2010 Mazda 3 and after 2 years I still haven't been disappointed! I love driving this car every day. The clutch and the gear box are easy and reliable - no grinding, slipping, or other common problems. This car performs splendidly in the mountains of the Southwest, you don't lose power or have to downshift too far going up the mountains and coming back down is just as manageable. The handling through curves (even in the mountains) is spot-on and you don't have to overthink and compensate for any kind of turn. In slick conditions the traction control kicks in automatically, but you can also turn this off. Having only driven older cars I expected to prefer turning the traction control off, but it does as well (if not better) than a competent driver would do instead. The fuel economy for this style Mazda 3 isn't as great as the others, but you sacrifice handling and performance if you choose the standard models. If you truly enjoy the experience of driving your car, you want the 2.5l 6-speed manual. There are only 2 small features of this car that don't merit a 10/10 rating. The driver's seat can be a little uncomfortable for drives longer than a few hours, if you're not prepared. You can overcome the mild soreness by getting a seat cover/cushion or just stretching. I've made a few cross-country drives with minimal discomfort after figuring out how my seat fits my body. The other feature that can be irritating is the low tire pressure sensor. On occasion it will come on and then go right back off, both when the air pressure was VERY low and another time when it was only slightly low. This can be easily avoided if you check your pressure regularly. If you're not expecting how small a car this size can be inside, make sure to spend some time inside. You can fit a large dog, several kids, or weeks' worth of luggage inside but it still is a small car. Be conscious of this. Overall, I would buy this car again in a heartbeat."

Very safe and excellent quality. Great fuel econom

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "Safe! fuel economy!"

"Before purchasing the Mazda 3 I researched cars for more than 2 months. The materials in the cabin are made with excellent quality for a sub $20,000 car. The dashboard is rubbery material is not hard. The plastics don't show light scratches from daily use. The ergonomics of the car are very easy. The stock sound system is amazing. My mom recently got a new Honda CRV and my sound system is not only louder but has better sound quality. I drove in the suburbs just from my house to work and to the gym and school. I always hit rush hour traffic in morning and afternoon. I still averaged 30 mpg. Recently my Mazda 3 was totaled in an accident. Airbags were deployed. I was completely fine. My chest was sore from the airbag which is a normal after effect of an airbag. I was left with no bruises at all. With the leftover insurance money I am happy to say that I am purchasing another Mazda 3."

My 3rd Mazda - GREAT car!

By on Friday, March 08, 2013

Pros: "Zoom-Zoom, comfy front, easy and fun to drive"

Cons: "short on back seat leg room, back seat cup holders"

"Excellent vehicle for the $$. Be cautious about buying the extras - you'll get upside down (balance due vs value of car) - otherwise it's amazing. PROS: Zoom-Zoom is for real - I have to use the cruise to watch my speed! Quick start, smooth, quiet ride. Corners nicely. Features all reasonably placed - very "user friendly". No trips to the service dept except for scheduled maintenance and the optional alarm (see CONS), better yet, no hard "up-sell" from the service staff! :) CONS: Back seat is short on leg room - even for kids. Also, I have trouble with the alarm every winter - if it's below 50, the alarm goes off when the sun hits in the a.m. - wierd, I know - but they haven't been able to fix it. Cup holders in back seat are not designed well - don't really hold cups . . . All in all though, I'm sold on Mazda and would be hard pressed to buy anything else!"

no maintenance plan needed

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "all pro"

Cons: "no con"

"my 2005 mazda 3, 2.5 has been excellent. in 232,000 miles all i have repaired is 2 altenators, some switch problems with the ac and a factory forgotten cabin filter. 'my bad' is i have not followed any maintenance plans except gas, tires,oil and other basics. i am buying another just like it."

Good boy racer, fun new car, quick, zippy, fun.

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pros: "Zippy, quick, fun. Useful size and hatch."

Cons: "Can be choppy on uneven pavement."

"This is a fun car overall. It's a little race car, although it isn't all that fast. Would be a great car for a new buyer, however I'm 40 , and I'm not as much of a boy racer as I used to be. The inside is clean and functional. It will seat four comfortably (for a smaller car). Hatch is useful and can store a bit (again, for a small car). The suspension is springy, which makes it fun in the twisty roads. My eight year old son loves it. However, my wife suffers from motion sickness, and this car is not something she likes to get into. I would recommend this car if you are looking for a fun car, great reliability, and a little zip. Not something if you are looking for a refined car."

By on Saturday, April 07, 2012

Pros: "Great Gas milage and fun to drive."

Cons: "None so far"

"I have owned this car for two months, so far it is the best new car I have ever purchased. The SkyActiv system has so far been all they promised, I took the car for its first long road trip last weekend and it got 38.7 MPG on the highway and gets 28 around town, it has a nice ride and is fun to drive and my wife absolutely loves it!"

Great, great car!

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive,Great Handling, Nice features are std"

Cons: "Road noise, cup holders in bad spot for manual"

"I owned a 626 a while back and missed the Mazda handling. I settled on the Mazda3 hatchback and love it! The same great handling, a fun sporty ride. The MP3, bluetooth and heads-up display are great tech package features that come standard. When the seats are folded down, the back is plenty of room to hold all of my camping gear. Maintenance costs have been light, 5K mile oil changes and non-synthetic requirements. Cons are the excessive road noise can make bluetooth conversations difficult. If you have a manual transmission, the cup holder is directly behind the shifter and tall drinks interfere. The back seats have limited legroom. Its fine for kids, but cramped for adults. The car is sport tuned, so the gas mileage (list 21/28) isn't as good as it could be for this sized car. However, I do a lot of driving and I'm routinely at 27-28mpg. If I'm very gas conscious (and the real-time fuel efficiency heads-up makes this easy), I can maintain 30-31mpg."

Traded CX7 for Mazda3HB---back to loving Mazda!

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive....great and smooth shifting."

Cons: "The newly designed smaller side mirrors"

"Overall it is a great car...shifting is smooth, exterior is nice and sleek. I think the interior, especially the seat material is a cheap looking especially for a touring model. Like the feel of the car on the open road, handles like a Miata on turns...great on gas...got 43 on my 1st all highway tank of gas. I think Mazda can do better on road noise issues.....this is the best compromise if you do not want an SUV that drinks gas or a sedan that cannot hold cargo....the Mazda3 with Skyactiv is the best of both worlds....great on gas and holds cargo with rear seats folded down. Zoom zoom zoom :))))"