2009 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 1199 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Great Commuter car for my wife.

By on Thursday, January 22, 2015

Reason: Got a new 2015 Mazda 3 :)

Pros: "Cheap to maintain, great handling for a FWD car."

Cons: "Cheap feeling carpet and plastic interior."

"We purchased our 2007 Mazda 3s Touring new and loved every mile of our 7 years of ownership. Maintenance wise, we needed tires around every 40k and brakes around every 60k. Other than not starting once due to a dead battery(replaced) and plugs and air filters as prescribed; the only parts I put on it were a set of motor mounts at 80k and a thermostat just before we sold it. It was still running like a top with regular maintenance. 5k oil changes with full synthetic and a drain and fill on the automatic transmission every 30k or so. Wouldn't have gotten rid of it but a dealer made us a great offer on a 2015 Mazda 3 Grand Touring(wagon)."

Fin commuter car

By on Thursday, January 08, 2015

Pros: "Price, fuel economy, handling"

Cons: "In the manual version, shifting can be balky"

"An inexpensive, fun-to-drive car for my commute. Back seat is kind of small for adults."

Great Touring Sedan

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "Great price, very fun to drive, great on gas"

Cons: "it does not steer itself"

"This vehicle has been a great performer in handling and reliability. No mechanical difficulties in six (6) years followed regular maintenance schedule. Quality is well above expectations for a vehicle in this price range. Very satisfied with this vehicle. I have found Mazda vehicles to be long lasting, reliable, safe vehicles. I have owned six (6) mazdas 4 new and 2 previously owned and loved them all! Highest mileage was one with 257 thousand miles on same timing belt. A Mazda 6, still ran like a top."

Have enjoyed car. Retiring and only need 1 car.

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2014

"Great mileage. Fun to drive. We have two cars, now both retired and only need one."

Just purchased this car a month ago as a work car

By on Thursday, November 20, 2014

Pros: "Great styling, comfortable, handling, economical"

Cons: "no heated mirros"

"Just purchased about a month ago as a work car due to the weekly miles I am required to drive. Purchased it used, it is an 07 and had 139k on the odometer. It is the 5 door hatchback with the 2.3 and a 5 speed manual. The car is fantastic to drive, I travel all back roads and this things makes getting to the office fun. Have put almost 3k on it in the first month and not a problem yet. I did like the fact that this was a one owner car prior to me purchasing it, these days that really says something about a vehicle. Car looks great, and I get a lot of compliments on it when I drive it. So far I am averaging right around the 31mpg mark, but it could be better since I like to drive it with a spirited attitude. Love this car so far, with the hatchback, we seem to always be in it nowadays, whether I am heading out of town for an RC Car race or trips to the grocery store, the Mazda is being well utilized!"

Cute little Car

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pros: "decent price, reliable"

Cons: "dull interior for the base model"

"I bought this car used for about $11,000 when taxes and fees were all said and done. I've owned this car for two years and have only had one mechanical problem with it , a sensor ended up going on the car and of course had to get that replaced which costed me about $350. so far so good with reliability. the only thing i'm not to crazy about with the Mazda3 is the comfort and design of the interior, My Mazda3 is just the standard base model so it only has cloth interior, standard engine etc. it does get me from A to B though, i do a lot of city driving and at times long distance driving. I find the drive isn't as smooth as i'd like it to be but maybe that's just the fact that it's an older car. all and all the Mazda3 is a great car for the average city driver."

Immaculate and Low mileage

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive/premium sound system/clean/reliable"

Cons: "No regrets w/ this car"

Beautiful sporty ride!

"This car has only one owner. Very dependable, low mileage, new battery, shocks and alignment. This car is very clean and has been garage kept. Negotiable. Exceptional vehicle!"

Beautiful sporty ride!

Amazing Car for Value, Price, and Fun Factor

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, economical, space"

Cons: "not usa made"

"I've always been a truck person, I've got stuff to move and need space for the dogs. I needed a commuter car and bought the Mazda 3 Hatch and haven't been disappointed! Tons of space, and its fun to drive! I've owned both the regular Mazda3 and the MazdaSpeed3. The speed is stupid fun, fast, and a fraction of the cost for cars similar to its speed and torque. Never had any major mechanical issues, and my Mazda3 is at 198,000. Regular maintenance of course, what you would expect for a car with that many miles. Still gets great MPG. I highly recommend the manual. Better MPG and more fun to drive! Fast when it wants to be, but if you need instant speed after the green light opt for the MazdaSpeed3 Turbo."

the best car for the money in 2007, hands down.

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "all"

"Nothing close at the same price point. I was amazed I got this quality of a car with easily manageable payments. I am a "biggest bang for the buck" type to start with and this was the definition of that term. Did a lot of my own maintenance but it was all routine, oil changes, brakes, filter replacements, etc., no major expenses at all with 92K of mostly (80%) highway driving."

The BEST car I've ever owned!!

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pros: "The best standard features you will EVER find!"

Cons: "Can't think of any..."

"I bought this car in 2005 with 154 miles on it. It was a 2004 model. The one and only car I have ever bought brand new. Other than the regular maintenance, I have never put any money into the car. It has always been reliable, even at 10 years of age, I would not hesitate to get in it and take it coast to coast! Why my 9/10 on the quality? Because the body is started to rust through about 2 years ago. Around the back wheel wells and the rocker panels. (And I guess if I didn't live in Illinois it probably wouldn't be such a problem!) But I wouldn't hesitate to EVER buy another Mazda product! They are the best!"