2008 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 1184 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Second Mazda 3 I have owned. For many reasons

By on Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pros: "great price, great mpg, hardly any maintanence req"

After the wreck I mentioned. Can not show all damages, safe car!!

"In 2006 I bought a new Mazda 3. In 2008 I had a terrible accident that totaled my car. When the wrecker truck got there, the driver asked me which hospital the driver went to. He had no idea that I was the one that was driving. He said he has seen less car damage resulting in injuries, and even fatalities. Everything under my hood fell out of the bottom of the car, nothing came back in on me inside. None of my windows busted, my tires did not even deflate, and I could open my driver's side door to get out safely. Within a week, I bought a new 2008 Mazda 3. I still own this car. I have NEVER once taken it to the shop except for new tires and batteries. In 5 years, I would say that is outstanding for any vehicle. It gets great gas mileage. Safetey experienced first hand, and that is the reason I got a second one. I have no complaints about my Mazda3 and would suggest it to anyone looking for a great car."

After the wreck I mentioned. Can not show all damages, safe car!!

Extremely reliable car - 250 miles per week

By on Saturday, June 16, 2012

Pros: "Reliability , handling , power , and looks"

Cons: "Uncomfortable interior ,"

"I bought this car new from a dealership in 08 .After a year of test driving every compact Import it was the styling that sold me on the Mazda 3 . It has sports car power and handling , nice paint , and audio is great . The cons ?? Seating material is hard and irritating on bare skin . Seat comfort , especially on long trips is poor . I have 60000 miles now and it has been back to the dealership twice for recall work . Other than that no other problems . I also like to brag that the brake pads are original and still have twenty percent of the pad material left . If you are looking for a car that holds it's value , is attractive , fast , handles great and avoids the repair shop then this is the car you want ."

Great car, hate the black interior, cool

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "very roomy for a small car,"

Cons: "that black interior only option w/ Red."

"I have owned the mazda protege/3 series for over 21 yrs now, 5 cars, never had ANY mechanical issues other than routine maint. which I always keep up with. I run full synthetic oil after 1st oil change. They are the best running small cars around and a best kept secret except for us loyal owners! Now i see tons of them in demand....as used cars. sold my 2001 in 2011 for 7000.00 w/ 51000 miles. I could have sold it for more! The new smiley face has to go before I give up my 2006,"

I Loved My Lovely Orange Mazda3 5-door!

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, value, looks amazing, safety"

Cons: "no aux outlet, bit shaky at high speeds"

"I think I would have had this car for many more years if I was given the chance. Sadly 2 weeks ago an ignorant driver hit me and totaled it :( I loved this car so much that I seriously cried because I wish I could keep it. Granted that I took very good care of it and the former owner adored the car and babyed it. It was very reliable on long road trips. The interior was luxurious and open. the high beams are amazing and light up everything in your path. The only problem I had was when the engine was shifting from 1st to 2nd gear. It seemed to stuggle a bit but that was it and it wasn't a big deal. It responded well to the driver. The steering wheel is easy to move and if u have shaky hands like I do, you might be a bit shaky at high speeds. truthfully I loved this car. yes this was my first car but it was reliable and very good. Last but not least of course is this cars safety. I was hit hard, I spun, and ended up in a ditch but I didn't get one scratch or even a bruise. It was amazing. Truthfully this car saved my life."

Love, love this car!!

By on Monday, May 16, 2011

"This was a great purchase. I bought it new and I did a ton of research to get the best value for a car costing around $18-$20k. I compared the Honda civic and Toyota corolla, and this was the best all around. It is stylish, has decent gas mileage, is fun to drive, great handling, excellent features (ones that you wouldn't find on a similarly priced car). The funny thing is that when I bought the car, I knew more about the features than the dealership did! Being prepared really paid off. I have had my Mazda for about 5-6 years, its a 2006, and I have paid hardly anything out of pocket for maintenance. My yearly average for maintenance, including oil changes and major service has been only $250! I love it. It has been good to me for all these years. And even though its 6 years old, I still love the feeling I get when I drive it. I will own this car until it dies, which hopefully will be a long time. I have the Mazda 3s Touring 5-door hatchback version with 6-disc changer, moon/sunroof, 8 airbags. Paying a little bit extra for the sunroof was worth it, I use it all the time. The sound system is also excellent and clear. I can fit 5 adults in the car easily and everyone tells me how comfortable it is and how there is lots of leg and head room. My parents love being driven around in it--who wouldn't? My only complaints are that I'm 5'10", so there is only about a 2-3inch head clearing for me. But I don't have any problems with legroom (the lumbar support and seat height adjustments are wonderful, especially on long trips). I wish the car had better mileage, I get about 24-25mpg city and 29-31 highway. Its not bad, though. Also, I have a hard time seeing out of the front side between the driver window and windshield, the molding seems to be a little thick and I find myself turning my head to look around it. Sometimes it hides pedestrians, so I just have to be aware of that when I'm in the city. Having the split rear seats is great in the hatchback, and you can remove the shelf in the trunk. I have moved lots of furniture (large bookcases) with no problems at all. I would say the things that I love most about my car are the affordability, styling, amount and quality of features, gas mileage is decent, versatile, comfortable, fun to drive ("zoom-zoom"), turn radius. I think there are more things, but I don't remember them right now. I would definitely consider buying this model again, although I'm not too fond of the 2009+ models exterior styling. I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend this car to anyone."