2008 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 1226 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Rocket for young man

By on Saturday, November 08, 2008

"Nice acceleration, sweet style, easy to pass a Z350 on highway, good fuel economy. Road noise is a litttle bit high."

Best City Car

By on Friday, February 29, 2008

"Car is great around town. Not all that comfortable on long trips, particularly for normal sized adults. Styling is great, mechanically sound, but slightly underpowered. Great value for the money and economical to run. Better looking than the Mazda 6 series."

Great Performer

By on Monday, January 14, 2008

"This is a great small performance car for the money. However, you'll need snow tires if you intend to drive on snow covered roads to maintain control of the car. Also, not a commuter car since the tire treadwear will barely give you 35,000 miles due to having performance tires. Hatch space is limited along with rear leg room. Basically, a great car for the single person or couple who don't require cargo space or rear leg room. You may want to consider the Mazda 6 if these items are a requirement for you!"

A quality car with a few issues

By on Thursday, January 03, 2008

"I've owned my 05 Mazda 3 for 2 and a half years, put on 35000 miles, and have been quite pleased with the vehicle. It handles great, is a decent drive, and rides relatively well for a small car. Plus, the gas mileage is solid (around 35mpg on the highway). My one minor complaint is that the stereo has a short in it so that at random times the entire front left speaker system seems to not work; the dealership has checked it twice and says they can't find anything wrong with it. My one major complaint is that I can't seem to keep the vehicle in alignment. The car went out of alignment and ate up the tread on the inner half of the factory tires. I got the alignment fixed and new tires; took it on one road trip (about 1400 miles total) and out of alignment again--the new tires now wearing unevenly, exactly as the factory tires did. Went back to dealership, they fixed the alignment again, and within a month I noticed same tendencies repeating. Not sure if this issue is a factory defect or just my particular vehicle, but this recurring issue has strained my nerves a bit. Nonetheless, I still think it is a good vehicle and would rank it as one of the 3 best vehicles (out of 8) I have ever owned."

Great Quality

By on Monday, October 01, 2007

"I have always had European cars (Audi and Saab) and have to say that this car had all the bells and whistles for half the price. Very peppy car, but the body could have been a little more durable. Overall, a great all around car for the price!"

Good value

By on Thursday, September 20, 2007

"I have really enjoyed my Mazda 3. It's spunky, has a sleek interior design, and is looks sharp! My only complaints are with the paint. It seems to chip extremely easily and the vehicle has poor performance on ice. In icy or snowy conditions, I often have to shift into second gear just to get moving from a stop light! Otherwise, I just love my Mazda 3!"

04 3s hatchback

By on Friday, August 03, 2007

"I purchased this car new in 04 and love it. It is fun to drive and very responsive. In response to others that complain about the road comfort, you can't have handling like this and a cushy ride at the same time. It is designed more for performance than comfort although it has one of the most comfortable seats I have eber used. The only weak point is the original tires that wore out at 14k. Ride improved tremendously after replacing with Michelins."

Best in class

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"I have had my Mazda3 (2006 s touring sedan) for over a year now and I still love it. :-) Compared to other cars in its class (Civic, Corolla, etc.), the Mazda3 is the most fun to drive, has the best options/price, and has the best styling (at least in my opinion :-)). Anyone looking for a car in this class should definitely test drive a Mazda3 and see for themselves."

WHAT I'VE DREAMED OF.

By on Friday, July 27, 2007

"It took 4 long months of looking at other vehicles but never could find a car that could shake the feeling I had for this car. This was the First car I have ever purchased and regreted not buying it the first day I went out to look for a car. Let's put it this way, I've had the car for 1month and 2days and have already put 2,182miles on it. I can't stop driving it, All I hear when I close my eyes is, "ZOOM, ZOOM , ZOOM"....!"

Great sporty sedan

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"This car has been wonderfully reliable, no problems with performance based on just regular maintainance. Great gas mileage for both city and highway, yet also has fun 'pick-up'. I love the sporty look of the vehicle, but there's also plenty of room for my passengers and a large trunk for storage space. The Consumer Report rated this vehicle very highly, and I agree."

Great for the $

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Reason: Got new Lexus

"Very Reliable. After 135k miles, I felt comfortable enough to sell this car to my brother without fear that it was going to fall apart on him. The car has is fun and feels like a much more expensive sports car. It has tight sharp handling and decent pick up for a car I only spent $18k on in 2005. In the years I owned it the only things I have ever replaced were things that normal wear and tear required. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a reasonably priced vehicle but doesn't want to cut too many corners on performance."

Reliable, fun, and strong mechanical engineering!

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, great gas mileage"

Cons: "Smaller than competition, but who cares!"

"I've had this car since 2008, bought the Mazda pre-owned and it is a 2007. I've have had no problems with this car mechanically and it still feels new at 76k. I have had road trips with this car with a full load of cargo and people and the engine has enough torque and horsepower for its duties! I have also used this car to haul cargo and, it might at the small end, this car has enough room to haul everything. My only complaints are the clutch, brakes, and a/c. The clutch gets troublesome (on some occasion) getting into 2nd or 3rd, the brakes have to be resurfaced (which isn't a big problem and they are cheap to get that service done), and the a/c is not as "cold" as the Corolla, Civic, and the Sentra. Overall, I love this vehicle and would get another one again! It is a reliable vehicle that is fun-to-drive, gets excellent gas mileage (i got 35 MPG on the freeway and about 25-32 MPG in the city), and no mechanical issues. I recommend this vehicle for new car buyers and it is a different car to drive to its competitors. Bravo Mazda!"

Terrific Car.

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

Pros: "Fast, responsive, good handling, nice styling"

Cons: "Road noise, leg room"

"I had owned a 2000 Honda Civic EX that I traded in for the 2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback. The Honda is underpowered compared to the Mazda. For a car its size, the Mazda 3 Hatchback 2.3L engine has excellent acceleration, and much more torque than the Civic EX. I cannot imagine what the even faster Mazda Speed 3 is like with its extra 100 hp! The handling of my Mazda is excellent. "Zoom-Zoom" may be an advertising slogan, but it's a pretty honest one when describing the Mazda 3 Hatch back. My only criticisms of this car are the leg room (I'm 6'2"), and the road noise (common to most small cars). Also, with the more powerful engine, the Mazda 3's gas mileage is lower than the Civic's, but still very good. I would not hesitate to buy another Mazda 3 Hatchback...although, I prefer the styling of my '07 to the new 2014 model. Anyway...I intend to keep this one forever. It's a torquey little beast!"

Very reliable...good mileage..exc. handling

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

"A great value for an economy car"

Great car for the money

By on Sunday, August 04, 2013

Pros: "nimble, light, good sound system, hatchback"

Cons: "suspension system - requires replacement early"

"I own a G37coupe by infiniti, an acura TL, and the 3hatchback. I'm happy with all three cars but the mazda is just a fun little car. it's light, nimble, comfortable, and the hatchback makes it very versatile. for the people considering this car, I highly recommend it."

Amazing Little Car

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Reliable."

"I've owned my Mazda 3S since I bought it new in 2005. This car is a lot of fun to drive, it's reliable, and fast.I don't really have anything bad to say about the vehicle, although some Mazda dealerships like to take the customer for a service ride, as very little goes wrong with the vehicle itself."

Great for a cheap car to get around

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "good mpg, fun to drive, nice interior, good handli"

Cons: "a little goofy looking on older models"

"im 17 and my first car is an 07 mazda 3 hatchback 2.3 liter we got off craigslist. I think its a great car, handles real well, almost like you'd expect from a sports car but its coming from a cheap little economical car. Gas milage is ok, around 22.3 mpg, according to the computer average (although new ones are supposedly around 36 or something). Interior looks great, pretty spacious for a small car, although back seat is tight if you are hauling your friends everywhere. The engine accelerates alright, like you'd expect from a four cylinder, nothing special but works for me. Stereo sounds great coming from a stock system. Manual mode works fine, shifts when you tell it to and you can bring it up to redline and it wont automatically shift for you (although i never really use it because it is pretty pointless without a clutch). Only problems I have had with it so far is the plastic skidplate (if thats what you'd call it) has come unbolted on one side under the engine, and the powersteeriing cap has popped off (probably wasn't on tight). The only complaint i have with this car is the look of the back end. It's not terrible but it does look a little goofy, and i have had it called a mom's car a few times. If you are looking for a good, reliable, cheap car with good mpg and a sporty feel, I would definitely recommend looking at the mazda 3, especially the newer ones with the skyactiv engines if you can afford it."

most reliable car ever

By on Friday, May 17, 2013

Pros: "handling, price, reliability, durability"

Cons: "rear toe out, uneven rear tire wear, poor windows"

"this car has tken me all over the united states. Ive put some punishing miles on it, sometimes driving for over 24 hours straight. My little car has never once left me on the side of the road. even though it is time to replace it, I would love to have another. I have (not bragging) hit more animals than I care to count and still the car came back for more. I live in rural NC and have terrible luck with deer. still though. Car is tough as nails and reliable.reliable.reliable. If I had to do it over again all I would change is the color. I had the blueish purple color."

Best car ever.

By on Thursday, May 02, 2013

Pros: "reliable and fuel efficient"

Cons: "back seat isn't really big enough for grown ups"

"Great gas mileage, no serious repairs in almost 150,000 miles, drives like a go cart( so much fun) and reasonably priced. I got this car new and have loved it. I've owned Audi's and Acura's that both almost put me in the poor house with repairs and premium gas but neither of those cars could compare to my little Mazda 3!"

Excellent Car

By on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pros: "fund to drive, reliable, value"

Cons: "road noise, tire wear"

"I bought this car new back in 2007 (left over 2006 model). At that time the competition was lacking. Mazda offered a smart looking car with good interior for the price plus a sporty fun drive. Reliability has been great. I have only had wear parts replaced. I even have the stock battery still! I have driven from PA to Oklahoma a couple times with the car overloaded with furniture and luggage, I have driven it on harsh dirt/muddy/rocky mountain "roads" (work demands), and city roads. I did replace the sprockets but I blame that on myself for taking a definite street car on mountain trails usually reserved for jeeps, 4X4 lifted trucks, and bulldozers (I worked on gas drilling pads. The tires for the 17" wheels are an odd size so they tend to be slightly pricey, but brakes and rotors are cheap enough. The only alterations I've made is installing a K&N air filter (NOT a cold-air intake) and I am getting 31mpg on my country road commute. (Note I have the manual transmission) The biggest issue with the car is road noise and tire wear. The car is designed to have a sporty feel, so rear tires are set from factory with an aggressive camber which will tires faster if you don't rotate regularly. It is a rough drive compared to my wife's 2007 Volvo, but that's hardly a fair comparison. Gears on the manual are close together. You can tell it was developed in Japan where the highway speeds tend to stay under 60mph. The car will reach 113(its e-limited) and cruises easily at 80, but you'll wish you had another gear to improve the gas mileage at those speeds My dash has developed a crack in the very front plastic dash panel. Probably wouldn't notice it if the plastic wasn't lighter in the middle then the surface (black interior), and one of the climate control nobs stop illuminating. Other than that, its good as new, if you ignore the cosmetic damage I've incurred by pretending I was driving a pickup with a 12" lift kit."

Excellent sporty hatch back for the money

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "Unbelievably reliable, handling, fast enough!"

Cons: "Center console intrusive, cheap materials."

"I cross-shopped everything in it's class, and 5 years later I've still very happy with my purchase. Typically unbelievable Japanese reliability--only one service in 5 years/66,000 miles, for a broken rear shock. Cheap and easy fix. The car handles as well as anything out there, and has plenty of power for a small, non-turbo car. 0-60 in 7.5 sec. Not bad! My only real complaint is the center console intrudes into the driver leg tunnel, and my right knee/shin bumps into it constantly. Over a long trip it gets annoying. But that is a minor complaint. Also, some materials are just too cheap. I had some body work literally fall off, since they are held on by small plastic clips. Definitely cost-cutting there. And the interior materials are relatively cheap, with hard plastics everywhere. But hey--it's a cheap car! I paid $21,000 for it new, and it's loaded with every option except navigation and auto (I prefer a stick). The transmission is excellent, as is the throttle response and razor sharp, pinpoint handling. While there a are definitely 'better' cars out there, FOR THE MONEY, you can't beat this if you want a versatile 'hot' hatch. Gas mileage is also lagging, getting about 27 on the hwy (not good for a small car), but at least it runs on regular fuel! Overall, despite some demerits, it's an exceptional small car."

I'm in love with my 05 mazda3 hatchback

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pros: "space and comfort, plus its pretty fast :P"

Cons: "slow/jerk into 2nd gear on cold start"

"I absolutely love my mazda3 hatchback! I can't really think of anything I don't like about it. Maintenance is minimal. Recently just changed my thermostat but that wasn't major. Only thing that bothers me is the slow/jerk into 2nd gear (I own an automatic/eshift and can still feel this kick) not sure why it does it but after letting the car warm up it goes away! Other than that this car is fun to drive and I feel safe :)"

Pretty good car!

By on Saturday, August 04, 2012

Pros: "Sporty and small, yet roomy enough inside"

Cons: "made pretty cheaply"

"Last car I had was a Nissan Altima. The Mazda 3 is definitely made much cheaper, doesn't feel so solid. It's got a lot of road noise, but that doesn't bother me. I love how many cupholders it has! Engine seems pretty good, but it is often slow shifting into second, then jerks slightly when it shifts. I love the pick-up, and it looks really sporty, yet ok for a family car. Over all, I love it!"

Great desgin for the price / very functional

By on Thursday, July 19, 2012

"excellent ride after 100,000 miles. has been very reliable good on gas. Min. upkeep"

Expect repairs

By on Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pros: "Durable body, fast, gas mileage, good interior"

Cons: "Mechanical deffects"

"I've owned my 07 mazda 3 for less than a year now. common deffects include emissions leak, thermostat temp needs fixing, outter tie rod ends need replacing, but durable body."