2008 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 1181 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Fun to drive, reliable

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "speedometer calibration"

"Fun to drive, reliable vehicle."

great car: mileage, style, dependability, etc.

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

"My 2004 Mazda3 has preformed wonderfully. Only complaint I've had concerns the fixed camber rear wheels that contributes to uneven wear and the cost of replacing tires more frequently. At 143K miles beginning to require more attention, but this should be expected. Rotors, brake pads, shocks, paint, etc. Reason for this car: gas mileage, style, dependability, all around great performer, etc."

The name implies it all...

By on Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pros: "Affordability, Power, Options"

Cons: "FWD"

"Not very often can you find a value sports car that will keep pace with just about any 40K+ production car. The Speed3 is one of the greatest achievements in budget sports cars in a long time. Not only is it very easy to pull more power from, but it also has many options such as limited slip differential and 6-speed manual transmission. These are options that are usually afforded to cars from makers such as BMW, Audi and Mercedes-Benz. 0-60 in under 5 seconds and a top speed limited at 155 mph (and yes, it will do both), but it still has room for groceries, a toddler and will not jar you to death under normal driving conditions. Space in this car comes at a premium, but with a car that weighs a tad over 3100 pounds, it can be expected to be a bit tight and still maintain usability of the rear hatch. Handling is second-to-none and will blow the doors off of any similar car from Dodge or Chevrolet (namely the SRT-4 and Cobalt SS). It sticks with even the stock 215/45-18's Overall, this is a fantastic car to drive around town and still has the ability to drop off the kid and take on the twisting back roads as if it were made as a part of the road."

Super front-wheel drive car.

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, hatchback convenience"

Cons: "Road noise"

"Fun car to drive. Could do with less road noise. Hatchback is the better choice."

Best over all and funnest car ever

By on Monday, December 23, 2013

Pros: "quick, fun to drive"

Cons: "tire camber wear."

"for a small sport compact this has been the funnest car I have ever had. 113k miles and never had a wrench on it other than oil changes. Tends to use up tires faster than I like but that could be to my hard driving habits. This little turbo four cyl will run with nearly any car on the road."

great on gas .A liitle rust by rear wheel

By on Sunday, December 22, 2013

Pros: "great on gas fun to drive and looks good even afte"

Cons: "small tunk opening rear wheel area rust"

"Great car. this car took my kids to college, one child 5 hrs the next 3 hours with no problem. put snow tires on and goes like a tank.The one complaint besides the rust is the small trunk opening."

WOW

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "fast and good on gas"

Cons: "fuel cap on passengers side"

"I have had this car for a month now and all I can say is wow. I love it. The turbo is quick even with 70,000 miles. It is my daily driver and by that I mean I deliver pizza in this. So about 100 miles a day. I get about 300 miles to a full tank if I don't get on it. With getting on it it gets about 230 miles to a tank. Not bad in my opinion. If you have a chance to drive one I say DO IT. My only problem so far is the fuel cap is on the passengers side."

Love it! Speed and savings!

By on Monday, December 02, 2013

"Save thousands vs. the Z, but leaves it in the dust."

Sole owner/operator

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "Well maintained, 30,000 plus miles left on tires"

Cons: "rear view at truck headlight height"

"I bought this vehicle for its gas/mileage rating. Three-quarters (3/4) of the miles on this vehicle are highway. This vehicle still gets 36 mpg on the freeway at 70-80 mph in average (non-windy) conditions. I have the vehicle maintenance/service record which is impeccable. This will be a great first car for a high school/college student."

This car is reliable ! Has lots of get up and go.

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

"This car is reliable. I have had my Mazda 3 Grand Touring for six years .It has 87k miles .It has required little maintenance I have only had to do oil changes every three thousand mile. I have changed the other fluids according to my maintenance book. That's it! It is still got the same amount of power after all these years. Gets great gas milage and still has its sporty feel. I can not say enough good things about it. If you buy one you won't regret it."

Loved It

By on Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pros: "Looks, performance, gas milage"

Cons: "I don't have it anymore"

"I loved my Mazda, no major problems in the two years I owned it. Sadly no longer have it because I totaled it. In the two years it needed no major repairs, was great on gas, and was the best car I had ever owned! On top of that it is a very safe car too.... I found that out first hand."

Reliable, dependable, fun to drive.

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "Great price, great features, fun to drive for $$"

Cons: "Dealerships not to paar with their cars!"

"A lot more than the sum of its parts!"

Love this car!

By on Sunday, October 13, 2013

Pros: "great price and is holding its value well"

Cons: "fit and finish could be better"

"Bought this brand new. Have had it for 5 years and haven't had a bit of trouble with it. Some squeaks in fit and trim are my only complaint. Otherwise, it's fun to drive, gets great gas mileage and is sporty to look at."

Reliable, fun to drive, and economical

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "Reasonably priced, enjoyed the ride, easy to park"

Cons: "Road noise at highway speeds annoying"

"A vapor leak was the only issue with this car since 30000 miles. Otherwise it has been consistently reliable and economical to drive."

Mazda Got it right!

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "Stylish, Fuel efficency, Fun to drive and reliable"

Cons: "I didnt buy this car sooner!"

"I bought this vehicle with 163k miles on it knowing if anything went wrong with it i could fix it, yet the only thing ive had to replace on it was a Valve, $70. I tuned it up and serviced it myself and boy, i handles better than my CTS back in california, I love the Fuel efficiency and the "Pep" the 2.0L engine has. Dont be afraid of buying these with some extra miles, they keep kicking."

Reliable, fun, and strong mechanical engineering!

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, great gas mileage"

Cons: "Smaller than competition, but who cares!"

"I've had this car since 2008, bought the Mazda pre-owned and it is a 2007. I've have had no problems with this car mechanically and it still feels new at 76k. I have had road trips with this car with a full load of cargo and people and the engine has enough torque and horsepower for its duties! I have also used this car to haul cargo and, it might at the small end, this car has enough room to haul everything. My only complaints are the clutch, brakes, and a/c. The clutch gets troublesome (on some occasion) getting into 2nd or 3rd, the brakes have to be resurfaced (which isn't a big problem and they are cheap to get that service done), and the a/c is not as "cold" as the Corolla, Civic, and the Sentra. Overall, I love this vehicle and would get another one again! It is a reliable vehicle that is fun-to-drive, gets excellent gas mileage (i got 35 MPG on the freeway and about 25-32 MPG in the city), and no mechanical issues. I recommend this vehicle for new car buyers and it is a different car to drive to its competitors. Bravo Mazda!"

I'm still in love with it 2 years later

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pros: "Runs great!, sleek design, controls, handles great"

Cons: "Loud road noise"

"When I bought my 2009 mazda3 sedan in 2011, it had 66k miles on it. It's now around 160k and its running perfectly with routine work (oil changes, etc) I've never had any sort of mechanical or electrical issue..this is the most reliable car I've ever owned (previous owner of Nissan, gmc, and Toyota). There are no huge, really weird blind spots like in some cars, I feel like I can always see around me very well while driving, which makes it extra comfortable driving. I love the exterior design and never get tired of it. It's comfortable for long trips with easy to use controls. I love being able to control my audio settings on the steering wheel. Most cars have that now, but our other car doesn't and it makes the world of a difference not having to bend or reach to change the disc/song. I use the auxiliary cord that's located in the center console to plug in my phone or iPod all the time and it works great. There is also a power port located in there as well as the standard cigarette outlet on the dash. I have only personally sat in the back seat once or twice as I am the primary driver, and I am by no means big, but the back seat is surprisingly comfortable and not as crammed as I would have thought. Nowhere near a 2-door with bucket seats style. My brother is 6'6" and he says the he is perfectly fine in the back seat. Speaking of room, the trunk space will AMAZE you. From the outside the trunk looks like it would be tiny, but it isn't at all. That was such a pleasant surprise when I purchased the car. For some reason, my car's reverse gear tends to stick a little, but it doesn't bother me enough to do anything about it. I think my only true complaint about the Mazda 3 is that the road noise can be a little loud. Most of the time I have my music up so it doesn't matter on my alone drives to work, but when I have my mom or grandmother in the car, it can be a little annoying to have to speak up a bit over the road noise. Thus might be because i have a manual transmission? i dont kniw it the automatics would have the same issue. Im thinking it might just be so loud because if the stick. Another thing that I really like about the car is that when an alert for something comes on, such as tire pressure, the car beeps to get your attention. I wish it did it for when the gas light comes on though.. Maybe there is a way to set that. While speaking of gas, the Mazda 3 has a small tank, so if you do regular long commutes then this might not be the most practical car for you. I commute about 40 mi round trip to work 5 days a week and I usually have to fill up my tank every 6 to 7 days depending on other errands. That might be pretty average, but it seems like overkill compared to my last gas tank. This isn't the most important detail in the world, but everyone seems to love this about my car.. As well as 2 standard cup holders in the center console, there is also a cup holder in each of the 4 doors. Water bottles fit perfectly in them and my mother thinks it's the best idea to have cup holders in the doors. Sometimes the little touches make it complete. I love my car and would recommend it to most people. It's also supposed to be in the highest ranked safety ratings!"

I would buy the latest edition of this same car!

By on Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pros: "good price easy to drive"

Cons: "needs contract with Pandora music and more tech"

"Now that the new models have a 2.5 it will be a better value, my mpg is 33/28.5 at 77k. Visibility is excellent, parking good, cruises well at 65-80. only repair of note is new clutch at 76k maybe too many hills and stop and go traffic? would like built in gps only complaints are with radio/clock lcd is much to hard to see in daytime. shift box is confining to right leg, so use cruise control on long trips. Needs snow tires for sure, bought 4 or its no go in snow. now okay"

Terrific Car.

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

Pros: "Fast, responsive, good handling, nice styling"

Cons: "Road noise, leg room"

"I had owned a 2000 Honda Civic EX that I traded in for the 2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback. The Honda is underpowered compared to the Mazda. For a car its size, the Mazda 3 Hatchback 2.3L engine has excellent acceleration, and much more torque than the Civic EX. I cannot imagine what the even faster Mazda Speed 3 is like with its extra 100 hp! The handling of my Mazda is excellent. "Zoom-Zoom" may be an advertising slogan, but it's a pretty honest one when describing the Mazda 3 Hatch back. My only criticisms of this car are the leg room (I'm 6'2"), and the road noise (common to most small cars). Also, with the more powerful engine, the Mazda 3's gas mileage is lower than the Civic's, but still very good. I would not hesitate to buy another Mazda 3 Hatchback...although, I prefer the styling of my '07 to the new 2014 model. Anyway...I intend to keep this one forever. It's a torquey little beast!"

Very reliable...good mileage..exc. handling

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

"A great value for an economy car"

Really great car!

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great handling & gas mileage."

Cons: "Interior could be a little more modern."

"This is the first brand new car I've ever owned. It's 5 years old, it's reliable & I've never had any major issues the whole time I've had it. Unfortunately, I'll be trading it in for an SUV as it doesn't suit my needs anymore. :( Being a mom & a homeowner now I need a larger vehicle, but I definitely would recommend this car to anyone looking for a sporty sedan that's fun to drive, great on gas, & just an all around great experience."

I LOVE this car!

By on Monday, August 12, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive. Good placement of dials."

Cons: "I can't think of anything I would change."

"This car is so much fun to drive. I never get tired of it. I suppose I couldn't give it a total 10 out of 10 for comfort since you feel the bumps in the road with the sport version, but the maneuverability really makes up for it! I totally understand the "zoom zoom" motto Mazda has promoted through the years. We have never had any problems with this car. 108,000 miles and still going strong. I also appreciate the simple things like knowing where the volume and speed controls are without having to look at them because they are designed intuitively and not over-designed. It is the best car we have ever had."

I definitely recommend this vehicle!

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pros: "Performance and handling are GREAT!"

Cons: "Fuel economy. Not bad, but it could be better."

"I've always been a Mazda fan, albeit my dream car is a BMW, but I really like this car. Performance and handling are GREAT for an aggressive driver like me! Driver seating is very good and flexible. Interior room is VERY spacious, especially with the split fold-down rear seat (you can't imagine how much cargo I've been able to load in it). The only downside is fuel economy. It's not bad, but it could be better. Understand Mazda has addressed this problem with newer models with their "Skyactvi" technology. It's definitely a car I would recommend."

Great car for the money

By on Sunday, August 04, 2013

Pros: "nimble, light, good sound system, hatchback"

Cons: "suspension system - requires replacement early"

"I own a G37coupe by infiniti, an acura TL, and the 3hatchback. I'm happy with all three cars but the mazda is just a fun little car. it's light, nimble, comfortable, and the hatchback makes it very versatile. for the people considering this car, I highly recommend it."

Fun and reliable!

By on Friday, July 19, 2013

Pros: "Affordable, fun, gas sipper, reliable"

"I have owned this vehicle for almost 5 years and it has never let me down. It's super fun to drive, and fuel efficient (32-35mpg highway and 29 city). At 110,000 miles it still runs as it did when I drove it off the lot. No major mechanical issues have occurred as a result of daily maintenance. Only downside is comfort, for a tall person like myself, those long drives can become a bit crampy! But for the fuel efficiency this vehicle offers, I can live with the cramped space! I love this car so much."