2008 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 1214 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

A great handling car!

By on Sunday, May 03, 2015

Pros: "Nimble handling, body design remains current"

Cons: "odd tire size, gas around 23mpg"

"This model was rated at the top for years by Consumer Reports, and I see why. It's reliable, cute, and has excellent handling. Passengers who ride in my car notice, as well as those who have borrowed it. It handles curves really well, and has great accelleration. Due to this, for a compact car the gas mileage is not the best....however it has a lot more kick than Hondas and Toyotas that are of a similar size. Also...the tires are a little sportier, so harder to find when it's time to replace (less choice, some places such as goodyear said they would have to order them), so comparison shopping for the best deal is a little more difficult than your average car. Oh and mine is an 04....and people think it's a much more recent car and tell me I should "get a beater"...when I tell them technically it is as it is 11 years old, they don't believe me!"

2nd best car I ever owned.

By on Thursday, April 30, 2015

Pros: "Lots of fun to drive, rides & handles well."

Cons: "Wish it got a little better gas mileage."

"Like I said, the 2nd best car I ever owned. First was a 1990 Honda Civic SI with 204,000 miles on it that I stupidly traded in on a new 2003 Honda Civic EX; the new Honda was back at the dealership for repairs 16 times in less than 18 months and 13,000 miles. Biggest gripe: it squeaked and rattled worse than any car I ever owned new OR used. (My research found that this was a very common problem on this body style, from model years 2002 through 2006). Last straw was when the I-beam behind the rear seat broke in the middle; the dealer's repair was to crimp the ends together. I asked them to weld it properly but their reply was: we can't do that, we would have to remove the entire interior of the car, blah blah blah whine whine whine, never mind that the car was still under warranty. I should have contacted the Honda zone office but I had had enough! Instead I immediately went to the closest Mazda dealer, found a Mazda 3S I liked and made a great deal on it, trading in that piece-of-junk 2003 Civic. What 13 years and 204,000 miles accomplished in loyalty, Honda destroyed in 18 months and 13,000 miles. I love my Mazda 3!"

Great car except for the rust.

By on Tuesday, April 28, 2015

"This has been a great car mechanically. Still handles great too and is fun to drive. The only problem is the rust. The rear quarter panels began to rust after seven or eight Michigan winters. I understand that this is a common complaint of Mazda owners. What's up, Mazda? Why is this happening? Since resale has been so negatively affected by this issue, I won't buy another."

Great car!!!

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pros: "reliable, good looking, very fun to drive"

Cons: "Minor suspension issues depending on driving ."

"I've own a 2008 mazda 3 HB for 6 years and it hasnt given me any trouble at all, I keep up with the maintenance and replace whatever needs to be replaced more or less on time... so far no issues, love this car!. My next car for sure will be a Mazda."

ZOOM ZOOM

By on Friday, April 10, 2015

Pros: "Handling, Gas Mileage, Interior design, Fun t"

Cons: "Space"

"This has been my favorite car of all time. I bought it new and felt like I was driving a really expensive sports car! The handling is superb and the interior design made my colleagues at another car manufacturer jealous. So far the only issues I have had are replacing the headlights and fixing the wiring on my auto windows. After driving my car one time 3 of my friends went out and bought one. I am now looking for one for my teenager to drive."

Good except for the rust!

By on Friday, April 03, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive five speed manual, GT model is laoded"

Cons: "RUST RUST RUST and it's not even ten years old yet"

"I have had my Mazda3 for a year and a half and I love it EXCEPT the pain/body quality. Mine is white so it shows really bad. Since I bought the car I have seen some of the same body style that are much rustier than mine. They rust out along the back wheel well and around the tail lights. I got a rough estimate from a body shop and he said it would probably cost over $500 just to repair the truck because you have to take out all the back lights and blend it, etc, and it is three stage metallic paint. I had a 1997 Oldsmobile that had NO rust and I got this and it's already rusting out when it's nine years newer than my old car! It's probably going to be pretty noticeably rusty when the loan is paid off in two years so I plan on hopefully getting rid of it! At the rate car values drop, it will probably be worth only about $3000 b then and I could see it and buy a less rusty vehicle for the same amount!"

MAZDA IS THE NEW BMW

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Pros: "Great price, waaaay fun to drive, great vehicle"

Cons: "NONE"

"My forst mazda was a 1996 626 that I bought with 67000 miles and I loved that car. It was a 4 door, 5 speed and I never had a problem with it other than an axle that I had to replace at 140000 miles. I traded that in on a truck (worst mistake ever) and since have been looking for a mazda 3 or 6. I got this 07 mazda 3 for $3500 below value and have had to do no work to it, and it runs and drives like a brand new car!!!! I've driven a bmw...I love this soooo much more. I truly enjoy driving this car!!!"

1972 Pontiac Grand Prix SJ Model. ExcellentQuality

By on Thursday, March 19, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Quality Assurance"

"Mazda cars are "gutsy"! Stylish..without question! Owned a 1987 626 GT hatchback, drove it until it had 105,000 miles on it. But right after away the a/c didn't work and in the 2008 the a/c didn't work. Car never abused since having it. Now the multi cd and speakers don't work properly and should even with this mileage. The main reason I feel this way is because Quality is not up to the standards of Mazda. My professional years,were in Quality Assurance. Auto manufacturing needs to take quality assurance lessons from Subaru or VW(Their new plant) WOW!"

Sporty more hp than a civic fun to drive

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Pros: "Great on gass and reliable.. Easy to drive and own"

Cons: "Engine can get a little noisy."

"Got it used with about 45k miles.. It's black and fun to drive..zoom..zoom! For a compact 4 door it is very sporty and has plenty of horses. Interior is nice and well layed out. Seats are great .lots of truck space. Folding rear split seat make for more room. Drives well, corners great , stops on a dime. With a few minor upgradeds, like exhaust and intake and wheel it could really be a head turner. Mine has a sliding sunroof which makes for better driving experience. I added a sub woofer in the truck and it sounds AWSOME and didn't have to upgrade the factory stereo. Love this car and would definitely consider buying another..maybe a hatchback next time."

Great vehicle

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Pros: "Good gas mileage, affordable, stylish"

Cons: "Resale value isn't great"

"By far my favorite vehicle I have owned. Bought the car used with 10k miles on it. Have yet to replace anything major except for tires and brake pads. The car handles great and I feel very safe driving it with my young child. Lots of room and great sound system. Trunk space is excellent. Perfect car for any parent looking for a first car for their kid. Worth every penny."