2007 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 1193 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Mazda 3s are the most underrated car on the market

By on Monday, October 08, 2012

Pros: "By far best car I have ever owned"

Cons: "I can't think of a single one"

"I bought my Mazda3 5 door 5 speed new in 2006. I drove it hard every day, putting on over 45,0000 miles per year. At 215,000 miles, I gave it to my son, who now gets to love it. I kept it so long because there was nothing wrong with it, I still loved it and I couldn't decide what else to buy. This car is amazing. At 225,000 miles it looks like new. It runs great with original engine (burns no oil) and transmission. There is not a single worn thread in the interior. It gets 29+ mpg even being driven hard. All I have EVER done to the car is brakes and clutch (130k miles), and A/C hose, front struts and fuel pump (200k miles). Else, just tires. I have never even put a new battery in it! An amazing, amazing "Zoom Zoom" car!"

Mazda Really Outdid Itself

By on Monday, August 13, 2007

"Mazda and Ford truly wanted to lure some of the smaller economy car buyers. This car for the price and the perks out beats anything in its class (Honda or Toyota). The car doesn't get amazing gas mileage but it compensates with a very smooth engine with plenty of low end torque. Its very fun to drive and handles like a beauty. I am in love with this car and it has done nothing but impress me for a year and a half now. I have not had any problems what so ever and I have put on about 50K on it in very short period of time. The tiptronic transmission is fun on curvy roads and when you want to wake up a little on the long trips. Its very comfortable and practical. I added an MP3 player jack by myself it was so easy to modify without paying dealer fees. I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking for the long haul quality and comfort. You will get a great quality vehicle no doubt about it. Last thing my hatchback version almost feels like a pick up truck when you lower the back seats because you can fit so much stuff in the back its not like logically possible. I moved my whole apartment in like 2 loads and I had a lot of stuff. It is truly amazing. Enjoy."

Best Valued Car Ever

By on Monday, August 13, 2007

"I've driven cheap sports cars and ultra-expensive exotic cars, and for my money the Mazda 3 is a great value. It's just a flat-out-fun-car that is cheap to drive (great gas mileage, low maintenance) and cheap to own ( affordable, low maintenance). Lots of interior perks, and just a great car... unless you want to rally. In that case, get a lancer or wrx"

Best In Class

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"Great car. Quick. Brakes hard. Handles great. Fun to drive. Great styling in and out. Nothing comes close to level of equipment in class. Zenon lights, rain sensing wipers, heated leather, stability control, etc. Best bang for your buck."

Great Value

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"I purchased this car a couple of years ago for an outside sales job and now have almost 100k miles on it. This car has never missed a beat. I doubt anyone has more miles on a 3 than I do so hopefully this is useful to you. The 3 best things I like about it are BMW like handling, better than average interior (for an entry level car) and rock solid reliabilty. Complaints a very few but here mine. The carpet is cheap, MPG is not at Honda or Toyota level (I average 29) and I wish I had purchased a 5 speed, this car was meant to have one."

Good And Bad

By on Wednesday, July 04, 2007

"I've had my '06 about a year and overall like the car. The GOOD...the styling, it looks better than the other hatchbacks...Peppy engine, excellent handling, very good interior styling and function. The BAD...weak air conditioning and noisy ride. It needs better isolation from road noise."

Mazda Got it right!

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "Stylish, Fuel efficency, Fun to drive and reliable"

Cons: "I didnt buy this car sooner!"

"I bought this vehicle with 163k miles on it knowing if anything went wrong with it i could fix it, yet the only thing ive had to replace on it was a Valve, $70. I tuned it up and serviced it myself and boy, i handles better than my CTS back in california, I love the Fuel efficiency and the "Pep" the 2.0L engine has. Dont be afraid of buying these with some extra miles, they keep kicking."

Great everyday vehicle!

By on Monday, December 24, 2007

"2006 3 S StratoBlue Automatic This is a great daily driver, A few great things I love: The gas mileage; I’ve down extensive testing with my car, the best I’ve gotten out of one tank is 32mpg, my avg. is 27mpg. It has a lot of pep and the styling is the best I’ve seen in a hatchback. The backseats are very comfortable, and the trunk has a lot of room. The included Speakers can handle a lot of power and sound very good for stock OEM speakers. The stock head unit looks great and fits the interior styling perfectly. A few things that I don’t like about it are: Non-self opening keyless Hatch; not only does the hatch not have a key hole, but it does not pop open after being unlocked like most other hatches. No in car hatch release; this goes along with it not self opening. The paint scratches very easily; it may be just the color but it is delicate. I have ruff callous finger tips and I have noticed over the time I’ve owned this car that my door handle is beginning to see small scratches. This is probably why Mazda has retired my StratoBlue, Lovely color, terrible quality. The Stock Stereo head unit is very under powered and does not have a subwoofer pre-out. Replacing it means breaking the design of the dash. Those are the only 3 problems I have with this car. And here’s a tip for those owners that don’t know! How to unlock Mazda 3's trip computer. 1. Press and hold down CD and AM/FM buttons 2. Start your car while still pressing down on those buttons 3. The display will read, "DIS ON" which means Driver Information System On. 4. Release the CD and AM/FM buttons 5. Turn off and restart the car 6. Now press the Set button and cycle through your avg. mpg, miles until empty, current mpg, and avg mph! 7. You can also hold down the Set button to reset any information Thanks to Andreas of Mazda3Forums"

"MY MAZDA SAVED MY LIFE"

By on Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pros: "GREAT GAS MILEAGE, DYNAMITE COMES IN SMALL PACKAGE"

Cons: "ABSOLUTELY "NO CONS""

"I HAD NEVER OWNED A MAZDA BEFORE THIS ONE & SO I HAD DONE ALOT OF RESEARCH ON ALL KINDS OF CARS THAT GOT GOOD GAS MILEAGE BUT ALSO I WANTED A CAR THAT DESPITE ITS SMALL SIZE COULD TAKE A HIT IF I WERE EVER IN AN ACCIDENT GOD FORBID. THE MAZDA 3I SEDAN BY FAR HAD THE BEST OVERALL RATINGS. UNFORTUNATELY IN FEB. 2013 I WAS INVOLVED IN A HIT AND RUN AND MY AMAZING LITTLE MAZDA WAS PUSHED INTO A CONCRETE WALL HEAD ON DOING ABOUT 60 MILES PER HOUR. WHEN THE POLICE ARRIVED ONE OF THEM TOLD ME HOW LUCKY I WAS TO EVEN BE ALIVE WITH THAT HIT. I ONLY HAD WHIPLASH AND OTHER THEN SORENESS I WAS COMPLETELY FINE, AND OF COURSE I HAD A SEATBELT ON! MY CAR WAS TOTALED, I WAS CRUSHED WHEN I HEARD THAT. I HIT THE WALL SO HARD THAT MY FRAME HAD COMPLETELY BENT TO THE INSIDE FACING BACKWARDS, MOTOR MOUNT BUSTED AND CRACKED FRAME. MY MAZDA WAS BUILT SO WELL THAT IT WAS ABLE TO WITHSTAND A 60 MILE PER HOUR HEAD ON WITH A CONCRETE WALL. I TRULY BELIEVE THIS CAR SAVED MY LIFE BECAUSE IF I HAD BEEN DRIVING OUR TRANS AM (WHAT WE SOLD TO GET THIS CAR AND WHAT I WOULD HAVE BEEN DRIVING WHEN I WAS WRECKED) I WOULD HAVE EITHER DIED OR BEEN CRITICALLY INJURED. I AM NOW A LOYAL MAZDA CUSTOMER AND AS SOON AS I SAVE THE MONEY I WILL BE BUYING ANOTHER ONE. YOURS TRULY BARB (TOLEDO OHIO)"

Great car for a fair price

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"This car has been a reliable, safe, good on gas little commuter with good gas mileage and firm handling. I have no beef with this car (Mazda 3s with Sport package HID lights and Tire Pressure Sensor 2004) I just changed the battery after 3.5 years but I live in South Fl where batteries don't last long at all! Put gas in, serviced every 4000 to 5000 miles and that's it. Changed the tires at 32000 miles so I have no complaints with it at all. I might need new rotors up front at 60k but that is again "above average". Its a quick/peppy car, not fast but handles turns and slalom like nothing else. I did my homework before I bought it, first year out, and its been a good experience. If you need a new car for 22k or less ... buy a Mazda 3s"