2007 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 1205 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Great vehicle

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Pros: "Good gas mileage, affordable, stylish"

Cons: "Resale value isn't great"

"By far my favorite vehicle I have owned. Bought the car used with 10k miles on it. Have yet to replace anything major except for tires and brake pads. The car handles great and I feel very safe driving it with my young child. Lots of room and great sound system. Trunk space is excellent. Perfect car for any parent looking for a first car for their kid. Worth every penny."

Love

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "incredibly reliable, beautiful interior, features"

Cons: "no 4 wheel drive"

"I bought this car as a 19 year old with absolutely no knowledge of cars and it's not reached 6 years of age. This car has been an absolute dream. My only critical thoughts are that I should have got a model with power locks/windows and I wish it had 4 wheel drive because I drive in snow a lot. I have never had ANY mechanical issues besides replacing my battery once. Incredible vehicle."

I'm going to miss this car so very much

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "ride, engine, legroom, handling, storage, fun!"

Cons: "front wheel drive, no limited slip diff"

"When this car launched it was the most powerful 4 door non turbo hatchback in its class. The interior space is very roomy. The car handles like a BMW, it has one of the best stick shifts i've ever used short of an actual sports car, and the engine has a very responsive pick up. It always gave me 30 miles to the gallon on the highway, and it made me happy every time I drove it. I utterly punished that car at times, and it never complained. The only major mechanical problems I had was that after 10 years the motor mounts needed replacing and the purge solenoid valve wore out. The car has treated me better than I ever imagined. It still looks better than new cars because Mazda just nailed the styling of that car. I'm going to miss her so dearly. I need the money. I don't have a choice. Lost my job that pays well, and my new one just isn't giving me enough. I'm sorry car. I love you."

Takes a licking and keeps on ticking

By on Saturday, February 14, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "Power, reliability, interior quality, looks"

Cons: "City gas MPG, tire tread, High RPM on highway"

"My girl drove this car for three years straight, in and out of state, with nothing put into it but oil and tires. Excellent quality and reliability. It is a very comfortable car to drive on the high way and even being a manual trans city driving is smooth."

Love this car - zoom zoom

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive"

"This car is a blast to drive! I've heard complaints in the past about it being terrible in snow, if you know how to drive, and have good tires, this car can handle snow. I've driven this in many a snowstorm living in New Hampshire."

This is just a great car. I love it.

By on Thursday, February 05, 2015

Pros: "Great price & value, good looking, spacious"

Cons: "No auto hatch release"

"Great value. Easy to drive and see. High safety rating and fuel efficiency. Dependable, just doesn't break down. Nice looking vehicle. Large capacity with the hatch back."

Great Commuter car for my wife.

By on Thursday, January 22, 2015

Reason: Got a new 2015 Mazda 3 :)

Pros: "Cheap to maintain, great handling for a FWD car."

Cons: "Cheap feeling carpet and plastic interior."

"We purchased our 2007 Mazda 3s Touring new and loved every mile of our 7 years of ownership. Maintenance wise, we needed tires around every 40k and brakes around every 60k. Other than not starting once due to a dead battery(replaced) and plugs and air filters as prescribed; the only parts I put on it were a set of motor mounts at 80k and a thermostat just before we sold it. It was still running like a top with regular maintenance. 5k oil changes with full synthetic and a drain and fill on the automatic transmission every 30k or so. Wouldn't have gotten rid of it but a dealer made us a great offer on a 2015 Mazda 3 Grand Touring(wagon)."

Fin commuter car

By on Thursday, January 08, 2015

Pros: "Price, fuel economy, handling"

Cons: "In the manual version, shifting can be balky"

"An inexpensive, fun-to-drive car for my commute. Back seat is kind of small for adults."

Great Touring Sedan

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "Great price, very fun to drive, great on gas"

Cons: "it does not steer itself"

"This vehicle has been a great performer in handling and reliability. No mechanical difficulties in six (6) years followed regular maintenance schedule. Quality is well above expectations for a vehicle in this price range. Very satisfied with this vehicle. I have found Mazda vehicles to be long lasting, reliable, safe vehicles. I have owned six (6) mazdas 4 new and 2 previously owned and loved them all! Highest mileage was one with 257 thousand miles on same timing belt. A Mazda 6, still ran like a top."

Have enjoyed car. Retiring and only need 1 car.

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2014

"Great mileage. Fun to drive. We have two cars, now both retired and only need one."

Just purchased this car a month ago as a work car

By on Thursday, November 20, 2014

Pros: "Great styling, comfortable, handling, economical"

Cons: "no heated mirros"

"Just purchased about a month ago as a work car due to the weekly miles I am required to drive. Purchased it used, it is an 07 and had 139k on the odometer. It is the 5 door hatchback with the 2.3 and a 5 speed manual. The car is fantastic to drive, I travel all back roads and this things makes getting to the office fun. Have put almost 3k on it in the first month and not a problem yet. I did like the fact that this was a one owner car prior to me purchasing it, these days that really says something about a vehicle. Car looks great, and I get a lot of compliments on it when I drive it. So far I am averaging right around the 31mpg mark, but it could be better since I like to drive it with a spirited attitude. Love this car so far, with the hatchback, we seem to always be in it nowadays, whether I am heading out of town for an RC Car race or trips to the grocery store, the Mazda is being well utilized!"

Cute little Car

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pros: "decent price, reliable"

Cons: "dull interior for the base model"

"I bought this car used for about $11,000 when taxes and fees were all said and done. I've owned this car for two years and have only had one mechanical problem with it , a sensor ended up going on the car and of course had to get that replaced which costed me about $350. so far so good with reliability. the only thing i'm not to crazy about with the Mazda3 is the comfort and design of the interior, My Mazda3 is just the standard base model so it only has cloth interior, standard engine etc. it does get me from A to B though, i do a lot of city driving and at times long distance driving. I find the drive isn't as smooth as i'd like it to be but maybe that's just the fact that it's an older car. all and all the Mazda3 is a great car for the average city driver."

Immaculate and Low mileage

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive/premium sound system/clean/reliable"

Cons: "No regrets w/ this car"

Beautiful sporty ride!

"This car has only one owner. Very dependable, low mileage, new battery, shocks and alignment. This car is very clean and has been garage kept. Negotiable. Exceptional vehicle!"

Beautiful sporty ride!

Amazing Car for Value, Price, and Fun Factor

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, economical, space"

Cons: "not usa made"

"I've always been a truck person, I've got stuff to move and need space for the dogs. I needed a commuter car and bought the Mazda 3 Hatch and haven't been disappointed! Tons of space, and its fun to drive! I've owned both the regular Mazda3 and the MazdaSpeed3. The speed is stupid fun, fast, and a fraction of the cost for cars similar to its speed and torque. Never had any major mechanical issues, and my Mazda3 is at 198,000. Regular maintenance of course, what you would expect for a car with that many miles. Still gets great MPG. I highly recommend the manual. Better MPG and more fun to drive! Fast when it wants to be, but if you need instant speed after the green light opt for the MazdaSpeed3 Turbo."

the best car for the money in 2007, hands down.

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "all"

"Nothing close at the same price point. I was amazed I got this quality of a car with easily manageable payments. I am a "biggest bang for the buck" type to start with and this was the definition of that term. Did a lot of my own maintenance but it was all routine, oil changes, brakes, filter replacements, etc., no major expenses at all with 92K of mostly (80%) highway driving."

The BEST car I've ever owned!!

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pros: "The best standard features you will EVER find!"

Cons: "Can't think of any..."

"I bought this car in 2005 with 154 miles on it. It was a 2004 model. The one and only car I have ever bought brand new. Other than the regular maintenance, I have never put any money into the car. It has always been reliable, even at 10 years of age, I would not hesitate to get in it and take it coast to coast! Why my 9/10 on the quality? Because the body is started to rust through about 2 years ago. Around the back wheel wells and the rocker panels. (And I guess if I didn't live in Illinois it probably wouldn't be such a problem!) But I wouldn't hesitate to EVER buy another Mazda product! They are the best!"

Pretty good vehicle but use the right plugs!

By on Saturday, September 27, 2014

Pros: "Quick and fun!"

Cons: "Wifes car and me being 6-3, is tight to get into"

"We have had this Mazda 3 Hatchback with sport package, larger 2.3 engine, automatic.... for several years. Has been generally overall has been a pretty good vehicles but occasional odd things have gone wrong over the years. When everything has been running correctly it makes pretty good mileage and very quick little vehicle. Zoom Zoom Zoom as the commercials went... Last time apparently during the tune up the tech used the wrong plugs (Bosch standard plugs) and over time it fouled and gradually ran worse and worse where it would almost stall out when starting sometimes backfiring slightly. So have qualified techs do the work is what we learned."

An excellent dependable fun car

By on Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, fun quality car"

"I have owned this car since new, 8 years, and it has been absolutely trouble free. A very comfortable driving and quick vehicle, it is just fun to drive. The mechanicals are superb...no issues on engine or transmission....liked this one so much I bought a used one....and Same experience...great car!"

great

By on Friday, September 05, 2014

"very dependable, great on gas, smooth driving"

Love my blue Mazda 3!! So much fun to drive!!

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and reliable!!!"

Cons: "Can be a bit more expensive to fix."

"We love Mazda and our Mazda 3 is by far my favorite car ever!! I have so much fun driving it and love its sporty look. It has so many extras including a spoiler and 4 wheel disc brakes. It has been a super reliable car and we would definitely buy another one. I like this body style much better than the newer models so I am happy to have an older one. I highly recommend this car!!!"

Mazdaspeed3 is the next generation muscle car.

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, fast, great value, good in the snow"

Cons: "Suspension noises, needs wider tires w\the power."

"This is a great driving car. I've had mine since new and it now has 101,000 miles after seven years of fun. I have added some "bolt ons" to increase horsepower. This car looks, sounds and drives absolutely awesome. The only negatives that I've seen is a clunking with the suspension which has been fixed at the dealer, but it was pricey. The clutch, rear brakes, transmission, engine, etc are all still original after seven years of spirited driving. I couldn't be happier!"

Responsive steering makes you feel in control

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. Very responsive steering"

Cons: "Should have 50 more hp"

"If you want a car the handles good,does great on fuel,and has decent acceleration,you want a Mazda3"

A fun-to-drive commuter car

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, good MPG, good A/C, decent stereo"

Cons: "Little room in the rear seat, no mp3 player, noisy"

"I bought this car used with 92000 miles on the odometer. I don't drive that much but I think I know enough now to write a review. I have a Mazda3 i version with a manual transmission. First of all, it's fun to drive. I find myself looking for reasons to hop into this car and go somewhere. The manual tranny adds to the fun, I guess. Shifting gears is smooth and clean. Sometimes I have a little trouble engaging the reverse gear but nothing major. I have been told the clutch is worn so maybe I'll have to replace it soon. The ride is firm but not unpleasant. It certainly feels like a sporty little car. Mine doesn't have anti-lock brakes so I have to be careful :) Fuel economy is good - I average about 27 mpg mostly around town with occasional highway driving. I fill it up once every couple of weeks and one fill-up is about 35 dollars. The car accelerates well but you have to keep the engine in the 3000-4000 rpm range. It's a little sluggish around 2000 rpm. Steering is precise and the car handles great. A/c works great in hot Texas summer weather. The stereo sounds good but there is no mp3 decoder. However, there is an AUX jack so I can use my portable mp3 player. The car is a little too noisy for my liking, especially at high speeds. On a highway in 5th gear (top gear), the engine revs around 3000-3200 rpm. Noise dampening is not good. But I forgive these little transgressions given that it's fun to drive and the stereo sounds good. The trunk is big enough but the rear seat is not good for tall people. The front seats are very comfy if you add lumbar support. I am 6'4" and I find space in the driver's seat more than adequate. The interior is black cloth and looks very classy - much better than what I saw in Corollas and Civics of the same age. I cannot comment on reliability since I have not fixed anything yet. I should probably replace the clutch and struts soon but they are most likely original so they have lasted 94000 miles and are still OK."

Very good buy

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "Looks good, runs good, reliable"

Cons: "Rear visibility could be better"

"It has been fun, inexpensive and reliable and I'd buy it again."

I love this car!

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

"Bought in 2005 with 12 miles on it. Best car in pice range for sure! Have had a few try to buy it, lol....not happening :) Will own until it is a piece of scrap. If you are lucky enough to come across one that is in good condition buy it cause they will be a small car collectors item! Everyone likes them!"