2007 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 1226 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Ran over 75+ miles M-F

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "Reliable and 30 mpg"

Cons: "Mats wear out too quickly"

"Very sporty, very very reliable. My 4th Mazda in a row! I love my Mazdas. Just wish they had a small truck. It is economical and the biggest bang for your buck compared to Honda and Toyota. One time all my belts shredded and the car still got me to the mechanic about 3 miles away. It was hot and I hoped I didn't warp the heads. 2 belts replaced and I was back on the road again. Only thing I have replaced is tires, belts brakes and batteries. Maintain with tune ups and oil changes and you will have a loyal friend. Did I mention 30 mpg!"

Sole owner/operator

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "Well maintained, 30,000 plus miles left on tires"

Cons: "rear view at truck headlight height"

"I bought this vehicle for its gas/mileage rating. Three-quarters (3/4) of the miles on this vehicle are highway. This vehicle still gets 36 mpg on the freeway at 70-80 mph in average (non-windy) conditions. I have the vehicle maintenance/service record which is impeccable. This will be a great first car for a high school/college student."

Love this car!

By on Sunday, October 13, 2013

Pros: "great price and is holding its value well"

Cons: "fit and finish could be better"

"Bought this brand new. Have had it for 5 years and haven't had a bit of trouble with it. Some squeaks in fit and trim are my only complaint. Otherwise, it's fun to drive, gets great gas mileage and is sporty to look at."

Reliable, fun to drive, and economical

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "Reasonably priced, enjoyed the ride, easy to park"

Cons: "Road noise at highway speeds annoying"

"A vapor leak was the only issue with this car since 30000 miles. Otherwise it has been consistently reliable and economical to drive."

Fun and reliable!

By on Friday, July 19, 2013

Pros: "Affordable, fun, gas sipper, reliable"

"I have owned this vehicle for almost 5 years and it has never let me down. It's super fun to drive, and fuel efficient (32-35mpg highway and 29 city). At 110,000 miles it still runs as it did when I drove it off the lot. No major mechanical issues have occurred as a result of daily maintenance. Only downside is comfort, for a tall person like myself, those long drives can become a bit crampy! But for the fuel efficiency this vehicle offers, I can live with the cramped space! I love this car so much."

Well worth the money

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pros: "Safety, sporty, roomy, great gas mileage, fun."

Cons: "wiper settings minimal"

"The Mazda3 is a great car for the conservative wanting to save money on gas and maintenance, for the new teenage that parents want to ensure their safety while giving their child the fun edgy look that teens want, and for the everyday errand family. The interior is nice but not overwhelming like some of the vehicles today (it looks like a car, not a space ship). Red Illumination to tell you your MPH, RPM's, radio. Steering wheel offers convenient access to volume, pre-set stations and mute. Safety galore. I purchased this after an accident in an SUV and needed to feel 'safe.' Car has good control & handling, large side mirrors, no blind spots, and 8 airbags, including drop down airbags from the window. Car is roomy, even in the back seat. the trunk easily fits sports gear AND suitcases/bags. Very large for the size car. Gas mileage has always been in low 30's for me. As silly as it sounds the only thing I wish the vehicle had is more settings with the windshield wiper. It's either very slow or very fast and no where in between. I find myself more often just pushing it manually as needed."

Best car I have ever owned, and I'm 60 years old.

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "Solid sporty feel good power, great handling"

Cons: "Harsh ride over bumps, mediocre stereo"

2005 Mazda 3s 5-door. As fun on the freeway ramps as it is in the 2-lane twisties.

"This car is for serious driving, yet is a comfortable around town ride with flexible interior space for stuff. Ride is firm. Acceleration is very good for the segment. Sport seats are confortable and supportive when working a challenging road (only driver's has lumbar) and made of good durable fabric. Interior materials don't feel cheap. Instruments and controls are well-placed for driving. Gearbox is very positive and engine revs smoothly to redline in each gear. Feels solid and in control to 100 mph on 2 lane. Steering well-balanced for road feel. Handling is car's forte with British designed suspension tuned at Mazda's Hiroshima test facility. Stickered for under 19k in 2005. Shortcomings: ride can be harsh over bad pavement. Stock stereo needs upgraded. Interior can be noisy at speed."

Awesome value! You get more than you pay for.

By on Thursday, March 07, 2013

Pros: "Great price, handles and drives great, quality car"

Cons: "Dash cracks, rear tire wear"

"I bought this car new in Jan 2004. I was a little skeptical about buying a first year model, but it was about $4,000 less than similarly equipped cars in its class, and had more torque and power. I have the optional leather interior, which still looks new and has held up much better than much more expensive vehicles that I've owned (no cracking, etc). This car drives and handles just as we'll as cars priced much higher (I drove a friends BMW 3 series, and this car drives better). I'll list the con's of the car, everything else about it is great: - The only mechanical/electrical issue it had was the temp sender at about 110,000 miles, which I easily replaced myself for the cost of parts, which was about $40. - The dash cracked after about 2 years, and was replaced under warranty. The replacement dash also cracked after about 2 years. It was a common problem, so I'm sure Mazda has fixed the issue by now. - The rear wheels are set at about 3 degrees negative camber for handling, which causes the tires to wear quickly on the inside, especially if not rotated regularly. - If you aren't short, your right knee will probably rest on the edge of the console, which gets a little uncomfortable on long trips. Those are the only issues I can think of. I currently have over 135,000 miles on it, and it still runs like new. I wouldn't be surprised if it would go over 300,000 miles. I have recommended this car to many friends. The only reason I won't get another one is because I never get the same model car more than once (although I've seriously considered getting another Mazda 3. Buy it, you won't regret it."

Great car,great MPG.Sport Car,Great get-up & go.

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pros: "Great milage. So much fun to drive!"

Cons: "Tires are very enpensive & never on sale."

"This is the best Car I've ever had. Could be more comfortable, but ecomony does have it's price.Excellent gas milage. In town after 7yrs is 26+ & on the hiway as much as 40 MPG. So much fun to drive with 5 on the floor."

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

"This car has been very depenable. The minor repairs and upkeep have been inexpensive and simple to deal with. I would recomend it to anyone wanting good gas mileage and dependability. I was worried about the size of the car but there has been plenty of room for myself and a two-year-old. The hatch makes for lots of storage room on the go."