2007 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 1208 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

MAZDA IS THE NEW BMW

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Pros: "Great price, waaaay fun to drive, great vehicle"

Cons: "NONE"

"My forst mazda was a 1996 626 that I bought with 67000 miles and I loved that car. It was a 4 door, 5 speed and I never had a problem with it other than an axle that I had to replace at 140000 miles. I traded that in on a truck (worst mistake ever) and since have been looking for a mazda 3 or 6. I got this 07 mazda 3 for $3500 below value and have had to do no work to it, and it runs and drives like a brand new car!!!! I've driven a bmw...I love this soooo much more. I truly enjoy driving this car!!!"

1972 Pontiac Grand Prix SJ Model. ExcellentQuality

By on Thursday, March 19, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Quality Assurance"

"Mazda cars are "gutsy"! Stylish..without question! Owned a 1987 626 GT hatchback, drove it until it had 105,000 miles on it. But right after away the a/c didn't work and in the 2008 the a/c didn't work. Car never abused since having it. Now the multi cd and speakers don't work properly and should even with this mileage. The main reason I feel this way is because Quality is not up to the standards of Mazda. My professional years,were in Quality Assurance. Auto manufacturing needs to take quality assurance lessons from Subaru or VW(Their new plant) WOW!"

Sporty more hp than a civic fun to drive

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Pros: "Great on gass and reliable.. Easy to drive and own"

Cons: "Engine can get a little noisy."

"Got it used with about 45k miles.. It's black and fun to drive..zoom..zoom! For a compact 4 door it is very sporty and has plenty of horses. Interior is nice and well layed out. Seats are great .lots of truck space. Folding rear split seat make for more room. Drives well, corners great , stops on a dime. With a few minor upgradeds, like exhaust and intake and wheel it could really be a head turner. Mine has a sliding sunroof which makes for better driving experience. I added a sub woofer in the truck and it sounds AWSOME and didn't have to upgrade the factory stereo. Love this car and would definitely consider buying another..maybe a hatchback next time."

Great vehicle

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Pros: "Good gas mileage, affordable, stylish"

Cons: "Resale value isn't great"

"By far my favorite vehicle I have owned. Bought the car used with 10k miles on it. Have yet to replace anything major except for tires and brake pads. The car handles great and I feel very safe driving it with my young child. Lots of room and great sound system. Trunk space is excellent. Perfect car for any parent looking for a first car for their kid. Worth every penny."

Love

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "incredibly reliable, beautiful interior, features"

Cons: "no 4 wheel drive"

"I bought this car as a 19 year old with absolutely no knowledge of cars and it's not reached 6 years of age. This car has been an absolute dream. My only critical thoughts are that I should have got a model with power locks/windows and I wish it had 4 wheel drive because I drive in snow a lot. I have never had ANY mechanical issues besides replacing my battery once. Incredible vehicle."

I'm going to miss this car so very much

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "ride, engine, legroom, handling, storage, fun!"

Cons: "front wheel drive, no limited slip diff"

"When this car launched it was the most powerful 4 door non turbo hatchback in its class. The interior space is very roomy. The car handles like a BMW, it has one of the best stick shifts i've ever used short of an actual sports car, and the engine has a very responsive pick up. It always gave me 30 miles to the gallon on the highway, and it made me happy every time I drove it. I utterly punished that car at times, and it never complained. The only major mechanical problems I had was that after 10 years the motor mounts needed replacing and the purge solenoid valve wore out. The car has treated me better than I ever imagined. It still looks better than new cars because Mazda just nailed the styling of that car. I'm going to miss her so dearly. I need the money. I don't have a choice. Lost my job that pays well, and my new one just isn't giving me enough. I'm sorry car. I love you."

Takes a licking and keeps on ticking

By on Saturday, February 14, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "Power, reliability, interior quality, looks"

Cons: "City gas MPG, tire tread, High RPM on highway"

"My girl drove this car for three years straight, in and out of state, with nothing put into it but oil and tires. Excellent quality and reliability. It is a very comfortable car to drive on the high way and even being a manual trans city driving is smooth."

Love this car - zoom zoom

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive"

"This car is a blast to drive! I've heard complaints in the past about it being terrible in snow, if you know how to drive, and have good tires, this car can handle snow. I've driven this in many a snowstorm living in New Hampshire."

This is just a great car. I love it.

By on Thursday, February 05, 2015

Pros: "Great price & value, good looking, spacious"

Cons: "No auto hatch release"

"Great value. Easy to drive and see. High safety rating and fuel efficiency. Dependable, just doesn't break down. Nice looking vehicle. Large capacity with the hatch back."

Great Commuter car for my wife.

By on Thursday, January 22, 2015

Reason: Got a new 2015 Mazda 3 :)

Pros: "Cheap to maintain, great handling for a FWD car."

Cons: "Cheap feeling carpet and plastic interior."

"We purchased our 2007 Mazda 3s Touring new and loved every mile of our 7 years of ownership. Maintenance wise, we needed tires around every 40k and brakes around every 60k. Other than not starting once due to a dead battery(replaced) and plugs and air filters as prescribed; the only parts I put on it were a set of motor mounts at 80k and a thermostat just before we sold it. It was still running like a top with regular maintenance. 5k oil changes with full synthetic and a drain and fill on the automatic transmission every 30k or so. Wouldn't have gotten rid of it but a dealer made us a great offer on a 2015 Mazda 3 Grand Touring(wagon)."

Fin commuter car

By on Thursday, January 08, 2015

Pros: "Price, fuel economy, handling"

Cons: "In the manual version, shifting can be balky"

"An inexpensive, fun-to-drive car for my commute. Back seat is kind of small for adults."

Great Touring Sedan

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "Great price, very fun to drive, great on gas"

Cons: "it does not steer itself"

"This vehicle has been a great performer in handling and reliability. No mechanical difficulties in six (6) years followed regular maintenance schedule. Quality is well above expectations for a vehicle in this price range. Very satisfied with this vehicle. I have found Mazda vehicles to be long lasting, reliable, safe vehicles. I have owned six (6) mazdas 4 new and 2 previously owned and loved them all! Highest mileage was one with 257 thousand miles on same timing belt. A Mazda 6, still ran like a top."

Have enjoyed car. Retiring and only need 1 car.

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2014

"Great mileage. Fun to drive. We have two cars, now both retired and only need one."

Just purchased this car a month ago as a work car

By on Thursday, November 20, 2014

Pros: "Great styling, comfortable, handling, economical"

Cons: "no heated mirros"

"Just purchased about a month ago as a work car due to the weekly miles I am required to drive. Purchased it used, it is an 07 and had 139k on the odometer. It is the 5 door hatchback with the 2.3 and a 5 speed manual. The car is fantastic to drive, I travel all back roads and this things makes getting to the office fun. Have put almost 3k on it in the first month and not a problem yet. I did like the fact that this was a one owner car prior to me purchasing it, these days that really says something about a vehicle. Car looks great, and I get a lot of compliments on it when I drive it. So far I am averaging right around the 31mpg mark, but it could be better since I like to drive it with a spirited attitude. Love this car so far, with the hatchback, we seem to always be in it nowadays, whether I am heading out of town for an RC Car race or trips to the grocery store, the Mazda is being well utilized!"

Cute little Car

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pros: "decent price, reliable"

Cons: "dull interior for the base model"

"I bought this car used for about $11,000 when taxes and fees were all said and done. I've owned this car for two years and have only had one mechanical problem with it , a sensor ended up going on the car and of course had to get that replaced which costed me about $350. so far so good with reliability. the only thing i'm not to crazy about with the Mazda3 is the comfort and design of the interior, My Mazda3 is just the standard base model so it only has cloth interior, standard engine etc. it does get me from A to B though, i do a lot of city driving and at times long distance driving. I find the drive isn't as smooth as i'd like it to be but maybe that's just the fact that it's an older car. all and all the Mazda3 is a great car for the average city driver."

Immaculate and Low mileage

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive/premium sound system/clean/reliable"

Cons: "No regrets w/ this car"

Beautiful sporty ride!

"This car has only one owner. Very dependable, low mileage, new battery, shocks and alignment. This car is very clean and has been garage kept. Negotiable. Exceptional vehicle!"

Beautiful sporty ride!

Amazing Car for Value, Price, and Fun Factor

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, economical, space"

Cons: "not usa made"

"I've always been a truck person, I've got stuff to move and need space for the dogs. I needed a commuter car and bought the Mazda 3 Hatch and haven't been disappointed! Tons of space, and its fun to drive! I've owned both the regular Mazda3 and the MazdaSpeed3. The speed is stupid fun, fast, and a fraction of the cost for cars similar to its speed and torque. Never had any major mechanical issues, and my Mazda3 is at 198,000. Regular maintenance of course, what you would expect for a car with that many miles. Still gets great MPG. I highly recommend the manual. Better MPG and more fun to drive! Fast when it wants to be, but if you need instant speed after the green light opt for the MazdaSpeed3 Turbo."

the best car for the money in 2007, hands down.

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "all"

"Nothing close at the same price point. I was amazed I got this quality of a car with easily manageable payments. I am a "biggest bang for the buck" type to start with and this was the definition of that term. Did a lot of my own maintenance but it was all routine, oil changes, brakes, filter replacements, etc., no major expenses at all with 92K of mostly (80%) highway driving."

The BEST car I've ever owned!!

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pros: "The best standard features you will EVER find!"

Cons: "Can't think of any..."

"I bought this car in 2005 with 154 miles on it. It was a 2004 model. The one and only car I have ever bought brand new. Other than the regular maintenance, I have never put any money into the car. It has always been reliable, even at 10 years of age, I would not hesitate to get in it and take it coast to coast! Why my 9/10 on the quality? Because the body is started to rust through about 2 years ago. Around the back wheel wells and the rocker panels. (And I guess if I didn't live in Illinois it probably wouldn't be such a problem!) But I wouldn't hesitate to EVER buy another Mazda product! They are the best!"

Pretty good vehicle but use the right plugs!

By on Saturday, September 27, 2014

Pros: "Quick and fun!"

Cons: "Wifes car and me being 6-3, is tight to get into"

"We have had this Mazda 3 Hatchback with sport package, larger 2.3 engine, automatic.... for several years. Has been generally overall has been a pretty good vehicles but occasional odd things have gone wrong over the years. When everything has been running correctly it makes pretty good mileage and very quick little vehicle. Zoom Zoom Zoom as the commercials went... Last time apparently during the tune up the tech used the wrong plugs (Bosch standard plugs) and over time it fouled and gradually ran worse and worse where it would almost stall out when starting sometimes backfiring slightly. So have qualified techs do the work is what we learned."

An excellent dependable fun car

By on Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, fun quality car"

"I have owned this car since new, 8 years, and it has been absolutely trouble free. A very comfortable driving and quick vehicle, it is just fun to drive. The mechanicals are superb...no issues on engine or transmission....liked this one so much I bought a used one....and Same experience...great car!"

great

By on Friday, September 05, 2014

"very dependable, great on gas, smooth driving"

Love my blue Mazda 3!! So much fun to drive!!

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and reliable!!!"

Cons: "Can be a bit more expensive to fix."

"We love Mazda and our Mazda 3 is by far my favorite car ever!! I have so much fun driving it and love its sporty look. It has so many extras including a spoiler and 4 wheel disc brakes. It has been a super reliable car and we would definitely buy another one. I like this body style much better than the newer models so I am happy to have an older one. I highly recommend this car!!!"

Mazdaspeed3 is the next generation muscle car.

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, fast, great value, good in the snow"

Cons: "Suspension noises, needs wider tires w\the power."

"This is a great driving car. I've had mine since new and it now has 101,000 miles after seven years of fun. I have added some "bolt ons" to increase horsepower. This car looks, sounds and drives absolutely awesome. The only negatives that I've seen is a clunking with the suspension which has been fixed at the dealer, but it was pricey. The clutch, rear brakes, transmission, engine, etc are all still original after seven years of spirited driving. I couldn't be happier!"

Responsive steering makes you feel in control

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. Very responsive steering"

Cons: "Should have 50 more hp"

"If you want a car the handles good,does great on fuel,and has decent acceleration,you want a Mazda3"