2007 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 1197 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Great Touring Sedan

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "Great price, very fun to drive, great on gas"

Cons: "it does not steer itself"

"This vehicle has been a great performer in handling and reliability. No mechanical difficulties in six (6) years followed regular maintenance schedule. Quality is well above expectations for a vehicle in this price range. Very satisfied with this vehicle. I have found Mazda vehicles to be long lasting, reliable, safe vehicles. I have owned six (6) mazdas 4 new and 2 previously owned and loved them all! Highest mileage was one with 257 thousand miles on same timing belt. A Mazda 6, still ran like a top."

Have enjoyed car. Retiring and only need 1 car.

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2014

"Great mileage. Fun to drive. We have two cars, now both retired and only need one."

Just purchased this car a month ago as a work car

By on Thursday, November 20, 2014

Pros: "Great styling, comfortable, handling, economical"

Cons: "no heated mirros"

"Just purchased about a month ago as a work car due to the weekly miles I am required to drive. Purchased it used, it is an 07 and had 139k on the odometer. It is the 5 door hatchback with the 2.3 and a 5 speed manual. The car is fantastic to drive, I travel all back roads and this things makes getting to the office fun. Have put almost 3k on it in the first month and not a problem yet. I did like the fact that this was a one owner car prior to me purchasing it, these days that really says something about a vehicle. Car looks great, and I get a lot of compliments on it when I drive it. So far I am averaging right around the 31mpg mark, but it could be better since I like to drive it with a spirited attitude. Love this car so far, with the hatchback, we seem to always be in it nowadays, whether I am heading out of town for an RC Car race or trips to the grocery store, the Mazda is being well utilized!"

Cute little Car

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pros: "decent price, reliable"

Cons: "dull interior for the base model"

"I bought this car used for about $11,000 when taxes and fees were all said and done. I've owned this car for two years and have only had one mechanical problem with it , a sensor ended up going on the car and of course had to get that replaced which costed me about $350. so far so good with reliability. the only thing i'm not to crazy about with the Mazda3 is the comfort and design of the interior, My Mazda3 is just the standard base model so it only has cloth interior, standard engine etc. it does get me from A to B though, i do a lot of city driving and at times long distance driving. I find the drive isn't as smooth as i'd like it to be but maybe that's just the fact that it's an older car. all and all the Mazda3 is a great car for the average city driver."

Immaculate and Low mileage

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive/premium sound system/clean/reliable"

Cons: "No regrets w/ this car"

Beautiful sporty ride!

"This car has only one owner. Very dependable, low mileage, new battery, shocks and alignment. This car is very clean and has been garage kept. Negotiable. Exceptional vehicle!"

Beautiful sporty ride!

Amazing Car for Value, Price, and Fun Factor

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, economical, space"

Cons: "not usa made"

"I've always been a truck person, I've got stuff to move and need space for the dogs. I needed a commuter car and bought the Mazda 3 Hatch and haven't been disappointed! Tons of space, and its fun to drive! I've owned both the regular Mazda3 and the MazdaSpeed3. The speed is stupid fun, fast, and a fraction of the cost for cars similar to its speed and torque. Never had any major mechanical issues, and my Mazda3 is at 198,000. Regular maintenance of course, what you would expect for a car with that many miles. Still gets great MPG. I highly recommend the manual. Better MPG and more fun to drive! Fast when it wants to be, but if you need instant speed after the green light opt for the MazdaSpeed3 Turbo."

the best car for the money in 2007, hands down.

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "all"

"Nothing close at the same price point. I was amazed I got this quality of a car with easily manageable payments. I am a "biggest bang for the buck" type to start with and this was the definition of that term. Did a lot of my own maintenance but it was all routine, oil changes, brakes, filter replacements, etc., no major expenses at all with 92K of mostly (80%) highway driving."

The BEST car I've ever owned!!

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pros: "The best standard features you will EVER find!"

Cons: "Can't think of any..."

"I bought this car in 2005 with 154 miles on it. It was a 2004 model. The one and only car I have ever bought brand new. Other than the regular maintenance, I have never put any money into the car. It has always been reliable, even at 10 years of age, I would not hesitate to get in it and take it coast to coast! Why my 9/10 on the quality? Because the body is started to rust through about 2 years ago. Around the back wheel wells and the rocker panels. (And I guess if I didn't live in Illinois it probably wouldn't be such a problem!) But I wouldn't hesitate to EVER buy another Mazda product! They are the best!"

Pretty good vehicle but use the right plugs!

By on Saturday, September 27, 2014

Pros: "Quick and fun!"

Cons: "Wifes car and me being 6-3, is tight to get into"

"We have had this Mazda 3 Hatchback with sport package, larger 2.3 engine, automatic.... for several years. Has been generally overall has been a pretty good vehicles but occasional odd things have gone wrong over the years. When everything has been running correctly it makes pretty good mileage and very quick little vehicle. Zoom Zoom Zoom as the commercials went... Last time apparently during the tune up the tech used the wrong plugs (Bosch standard plugs) and over time it fouled and gradually ran worse and worse where it would almost stall out when starting sometimes backfiring slightly. So have qualified techs do the work is what we learned."

An excellent dependable fun car

By on Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, fun quality car"

"I have owned this car since new, 8 years, and it has been absolutely trouble free. A very comfortable driving and quick vehicle, it is just fun to drive. The mechanicals are superb...no issues on engine or transmission....liked this one so much I bought a used one....and Same experience...great car!"

great

By on Friday, September 05, 2014

"very dependable, great on gas, smooth driving"

Love my blue Mazda 3!! So much fun to drive!!

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and reliable!!!"

Cons: "Can be a bit more expensive to fix."

"We love Mazda and our Mazda 3 is by far my favorite car ever!! I have so much fun driving it and love its sporty look. It has so many extras including a spoiler and 4 wheel disc brakes. It has been a super reliable car and we would definitely buy another one. I like this body style much better than the newer models so I am happy to have an older one. I highly recommend this car!!!"

Mazdaspeed3 is the next generation muscle car.

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, fast, great value, good in the snow"

Cons: "Suspension noises, needs wider tires w\the power."

"This is a great driving car. I've had mine since new and it now has 101,000 miles after seven years of fun. I have added some "bolt ons" to increase horsepower. This car looks, sounds and drives absolutely awesome. The only negatives that I've seen is a clunking with the suspension which has been fixed at the dealer, but it was pricey. The clutch, rear brakes, transmission, engine, etc are all still original after seven years of spirited driving. I couldn't be happier!"

Responsive steering makes you feel in control

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. Very responsive steering"

Cons: "Should have 50 more hp"

"If you want a car the handles good,does great on fuel,and has decent acceleration,you want a Mazda3"

A fun-to-drive commuter car

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, good MPG, good A/C, decent stereo"

Cons: "Little room in the rear seat, no mp3 player, noisy"

"I bought this car used with 92000 miles on the odometer. I don't drive that much but I think I know enough now to write a review. I have a Mazda3 i version with a manual transmission. First of all, it's fun to drive. I find myself looking for reasons to hop into this car and go somewhere. The manual tranny adds to the fun, I guess. Shifting gears is smooth and clean. Sometimes I have a little trouble engaging the reverse gear but nothing major. I have been told the clutch is worn so maybe I'll have to replace it soon. The ride is firm but not unpleasant. It certainly feels like a sporty little car. Mine doesn't have anti-lock brakes so I have to be careful :) Fuel economy is good - I average about 27 mpg mostly around town with occasional highway driving. I fill it up once every couple of weeks and one fill-up is about 35 dollars. The car accelerates well but you have to keep the engine in the 3000-4000 rpm range. It's a little sluggish around 2000 rpm. Steering is precise and the car handles great. A/c works great in hot Texas summer weather. The stereo sounds good but there is no mp3 decoder. However, there is an AUX jack so I can use my portable mp3 player. The car is a little too noisy for my liking, especially at high speeds. On a highway in 5th gear (top gear), the engine revs around 3000-3200 rpm. Noise dampening is not good. But I forgive these little transgressions given that it's fun to drive and the stereo sounds good. The trunk is big enough but the rear seat is not good for tall people. The front seats are very comfy if you add lumbar support. I am 6'4" and I find space in the driver's seat more than adequate. The interior is black cloth and looks very classy - much better than what I saw in Corollas and Civics of the same age. I cannot comment on reliability since I have not fixed anything yet. I should probably replace the clutch and struts soon but they are most likely original so they have lasted 94000 miles and are still OK."

Very good buy

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "Looks good, runs good, reliable"

Cons: "Rear visibility could be better"

"It has been fun, inexpensive and reliable and I'd buy it again."

I love this car!

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

"Bought in 2005 with 12 miles on it. Best car in pice range for sure! Have had a few try to buy it, lol....not happening :) Will own until it is a piece of scrap. If you are lucky enough to come across one that is in good condition buy it cause they will be a small car collectors item! Everyone likes them!"

keeps going and going

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

"i bought this car with 8,000 miles on it(2004). the car now has 246,000 miles . i had not one problem with this car runs like a champ it only had one tune up witch was replacing the plugs only that was done around the 200,000 mile mark. still have not replaced the belt no need to at this time nothing wrong with belt no wear, no missing teeth ,no cracks so for it looks great.this car is a little beast just keeps going and going . change oil to full synthetic after the 100,000 miles.since then just gas and go........"

At 100,000 miles....

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "very reliable, sporty, handling, gas mileage"

Cons: "I really cant find"

"I have not had a single maintence issue with this car! It even has theoriginal brakes it performs almost as good as the dayi bought it new. Excellent handling in emergencies, sporty, and safely gotten us from point a to b in a large city. What more can u ask for out of a $14,000 base price car? Reviewed is a Maxda3 Sedan 4 door manual transmission no power locks or windows. KEEP BUILDING CARS THIS RELIABLE SPORTY AND SAFE MAZDA. I LEFT HONDAS F9R THIS AND COULDNT BE HAPPIER. Honda was great in the 90's but have since become equipped with cheaper parts in my opinion. And I think the customer reviews reflect that Maxda3 and 6 are the kings now."

I wish I could take it with me

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

"We are moving out of the country and can't take the car with us due to customs rules. Except for the usual wear of parking outside in NYC the car is excellent condition, the interior is mint, never smoked in it and never spilled any coffee or sticky juices in it. We only took it to weekend drives out of the city,I never drove it to work or to run the errands... It was serviced only at the dealer so records are available. There was never an issue or a reason to have it repaired accept for regular scheduled maintenance and twice when some rodent chewed on some electric wire in the engine compartment which was replaced with a new wiring harness (at the dealer). There are some light scratches and bumper marks that didn't come up in the pictures. I really wish I could take the car with me."

Top notch car-no regrets

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "value, dependability,style,build quality,zoom-zoom"

Cons: "in all honesty, none"

"Bought this car a 2007 s grand touring automatic with 22,000 miles on it. Now at around 96,000 it has been great! Plenty of pick up and decent gas mileage, around 28-30 mixed driving. No rattles, everything is tight, interior and exterior look almost like when I first bought it, and of course the handling is superb. With a nice set of snow tires it does well in the winter. I keep this car in my garage and never had even a single drop on oil of the floor and never have to add oil between changes. This car only sees a mechanic when it is inspection time and that is just a formality. I've owned three other Mazda 3 cars and four Proteges, two going over 200k and everyone was top notch, which is why I keep buying them for myself, my wife, and kids. It's a no brainer."

besr car prchase I ever made

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Pros: "low maintenance costs, great acceleration"

Cons: "no a/c vents in back"

"I bought it used ( 19k miles) from a Mazda dealer and got four Four year warranty!"

i love my mazda. (zoom zoom)

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pros: "stylish look and affordable."

Cons: "no cons from this happy mazda owner."

"I am very pleased with my mazda 3. overall I am a happy mazda customer. I would definitely recommend."

Fast little car!

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "torque, interior, overall body shape"

Cons: "Clearance to ground."

"I don't regret for one moment buying this car, except for the clearance. I live in Iowa, we get a lot of snow, and this car has a hard time getting through big drifts. I love the turbo! This car is so fast! The interior is beautiful, like a cock pit. The dashboard lights are all in red, so cool at night. I always get people asking me what type of car it is, and it's so cute. Thumbs up on this one."

The best car I ever owned

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "reliable, good gas mileage"

Cons: "low profile tires wear out sooner."

"For all the miles I've put on this car, all I have had to do is change oil and balance and rotate the tires. besides the regular "check up" maintenance."