2005 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 1216 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Mazda 3s are the most underrated car on the market

By on Monday, October 08, 2012

Pros: "By far best car I have ever owned"

Cons: "I can't think of a single one"

"I bought my Mazda3 5 door 5 speed new in 2006. I drove it hard every day, putting on over 45,0000 miles per year. At 215,000 miles, I gave it to my son, who now gets to love it. I kept it so long because there was nothing wrong with it, I still loved it and I couldn't decide what else to buy. This car is amazing. At 225,000 miles it looks like new. It runs great with original engine (burns no oil) and transmission. There is not a single worn thread in the interior. It gets 29+ mpg even being driven hard. All I have EVER done to the car is brakes and clutch (130k miles), and A/C hose, front struts and fuel pump (200k miles). Else, just tires. I have never even put a new battery in it! An amazing, amazing "Zoom Zoom" car!"

Mazda Really Outdid Itself

By on Monday, August 13, 2007

"Mazda and Ford truly wanted to lure some of the smaller economy car buyers. This car for the price and the perks out beats anything in its class (Honda or Toyota). The car doesn't get amazing gas mileage but it compensates with a very smooth engine with plenty of low end torque. Its very fun to drive and handles like a beauty. I am in love with this car and it has done nothing but impress me for a year and a half now. I have not had any problems what so ever and I have put on about 50K on it in very short period of time. The tiptronic transmission is fun on curvy roads and when you want to wake up a little on the long trips. Its very comfortable and practical. I added an MP3 player jack by myself it was so easy to modify without paying dealer fees. I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking for the long haul quality and comfort. You will get a great quality vehicle no doubt about it. Last thing my hatchback version almost feels like a pick up truck when you lower the back seats because you can fit so much stuff in the back its not like logically possible. I moved my whole apartment in like 2 loads and I had a lot of stuff. It is truly amazing. Enjoy."

keeps going and going

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

"i bought this car with 8,000 miles on it(2004). the car now has 246,000 miles . i had not one problem with this car runs like a champ it only had one tune up witch was replacing the plugs only that was done around the 200,000 mile mark. still have not replaced the belt no need to at this time nothing wrong with belt no wear, no missing teeth ,no cracks so for it looks great.this car is a little beast just keeps going and going . change oil to full synthetic after the 100,000 miles.since then just gas and go........"

Best In Class

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"Great car. Quick. Brakes hard. Handles great. Fun to drive. Great styling in and out. Nothing comes close to level of equipment in class. Zenon lights, rain sensing wipers, heated leather, stability control, etc. Best bang for your buck."

Good And Bad

By on Wednesday, July 04, 2007

"I've had my '06 about a year and overall like the car. The GOOD...the styling, it looks better than the other hatchbacks...Peppy engine, excellent handling, very good interior styling and function. The BAD...weak air conditioning and noisy ride. It needs better isolation from road noise."