2005 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 1197 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Amazing Car for Value, Price, and Fun Factor

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, economical, space"

Cons: "not usa made"

"I've always been a truck person, I've got stuff to move and need space for the dogs. I needed a commuter car and bought the Mazda 3 Hatch and haven't been disappointed! Tons of space, and its fun to drive! I've owned both the regular Mazda3 and the MazdaSpeed3. The speed is stupid fun, fast, and a fraction of the cost for cars similar to its speed and torque. Never had any major mechanical issues, and my Mazda3 is at 198,000. Regular maintenance of course, what you would expect for a car with that many miles. Still gets great MPG. I highly recommend the manual. Better MPG and more fun to drive! Fast when it wants to be, but if you need instant speed after the green light opt for the MazdaSpeed3 Turbo."

the best car for the money in 2007, hands down.

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "all"

"Nothing close at the same price point. I was amazed I got this quality of a car with easily manageable payments. I am a "biggest bang for the buck" type to start with and this was the definition of that term. Did a lot of my own maintenance but it was all routine, oil changes, brakes, filter replacements, etc., no major expenses at all with 92K of mostly (80%) highway driving."

The BEST car I've ever owned!!

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pros: "The best standard features you will EVER find!"

Cons: "Can't think of any..."

"I bought this car in 2005 with 154 miles on it. It was a 2004 model. The one and only car I have ever bought brand new. Other than the regular maintenance, I have never put any money into the car. It has always been reliable, even at 10 years of age, I would not hesitate to get in it and take it coast to coast! Why my 9/10 on the quality? Because the body is started to rust through about 2 years ago. Around the back wheel wells and the rocker panels. (And I guess if I didn't live in Illinois it probably wouldn't be such a problem!) But I wouldn't hesitate to EVER buy another Mazda product! They are the best!"

Pretty good vehicle but use the right plugs!

By on Saturday, September 27, 2014

Pros: "Quick and fun!"

Cons: "Wifes car and me being 6-3, is tight to get into"

"We have had this Mazda 3 Hatchback with sport package, larger 2.3 engine, automatic.... for several years. Has been generally overall has been a pretty good vehicles but occasional odd things have gone wrong over the years. When everything has been running correctly it makes pretty good mileage and very quick little vehicle. Zoom Zoom Zoom as the commercials went... Last time apparently during the tune up the tech used the wrong plugs (Bosch standard plugs) and over time it fouled and gradually ran worse and worse where it would almost stall out when starting sometimes backfiring slightly. So have qualified techs do the work is what we learned."

An excellent dependable fun car

By on Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, fun quality car"

"I have owned this car since new, 8 years, and it has been absolutely trouble free. A very comfortable driving and quick vehicle, it is just fun to drive. The mechanicals are superb...no issues on engine or transmission....liked this one so much I bought a used one....and Same experience...great car!"