2005 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 1211 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Sporty more hp than a civic fun to drive

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Pros: "Great on gass and reliable.. Easy to drive and own"

Cons: "Engine can get a little noisy."

"Got it used with about 45k miles.. It's black and fun to drive..zoom..zoom! For a compact 4 door it is very sporty and has plenty of horses. Interior is nice and well layed out. Seats are great .lots of truck space. Folding rear split seat make for more room. Drives well, corners great , stops on a dime. With a few minor upgradeds, like exhaust and intake and wheel it could really be a head turner. Mine has a sliding sunroof which makes for better driving experience. I added a sub woofer in the truck and it sounds AWSOME and didn't have to upgrade the factory stereo. Love this car and would definitely consider buying another..maybe a hatchback next time."

Great vehicle

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Pros: "Good gas mileage, affordable, stylish"

Cons: "Resale value isn't great"

"By far my favorite vehicle I have owned. Bought the car used with 10k miles on it. Have yet to replace anything major except for tires and brake pads. The car handles great and I feel very safe driving it with my young child. Lots of room and great sound system. Trunk space is excellent. Perfect car for any parent looking for a first car for their kid. Worth every penny."

Love

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "incredibly reliable, beautiful interior, features"

Cons: "no 4 wheel drive"

"I bought this car as a 19 year old with absolutely no knowledge of cars and it's not reached 6 years of age. This car has been an absolute dream. My only critical thoughts are that I should have got a model with power locks/windows and I wish it had 4 wheel drive because I drive in snow a lot. I have never had ANY mechanical issues besides replacing my battery once. Incredible vehicle."

I'm going to miss this car so very much

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "ride, engine, legroom, handling, storage, fun!"

Cons: "front wheel drive, no limited slip diff"

"When this car launched it was the most powerful 4 door non turbo hatchback in its class. The interior space is very roomy. The car handles like a BMW, it has one of the best stick shifts i've ever used short of an actual sports car, and the engine has a very responsive pick up. It always gave me 30 miles to the gallon on the highway, and it made me happy every time I drove it. I utterly punished that car at times, and it never complained. The only major mechanical problems I had was that after 10 years the motor mounts needed replacing and the purge solenoid valve wore out. The car has treated me better than I ever imagined. It still looks better than new cars because Mazda just nailed the styling of that car. I'm going to miss her so dearly. I need the money. I don't have a choice. Lost my job that pays well, and my new one just isn't giving me enough. I'm sorry car. I love you."

Takes a licking and keeps on ticking

By on Saturday, February 14, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "Power, reliability, interior quality, looks"

Cons: "City gas MPG, tire tread, High RPM on highway"

"My girl drove this car for three years straight, in and out of state, with nothing put into it but oil and tires. Excellent quality and reliability. It is a very comfortable car to drive on the high way and even being a manual trans city driving is smooth."